New EOTR Boxscores

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Locked
User avatar
aceshigh
Banned
Banned
Posts: 11027
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by aceshigh » Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 am

Admin wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 am
Jacksonville, FL - Veterans Memorial Arena, Promoter: Live Nation
Reported audience: 11,225 **SOLD-OUT
Reported gross: $1,277,895
KISS is doing awesome. On a personal note how do you like your new nick name :lol: Just joking around in case anyone take this seriously.

User avatar
Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!
Posts: 12878
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Admin » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 am

aceshigh wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 am

KISS is doing awesome. On a personal note how do you like your new nick name :lol: Just joking around in case anyone take this seriously.
It's better than "Oi! Wanker!!" (which I've also been known to respond to).

User avatar
vinniestkulick
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1378
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:37 am
Location: KISSIN TIME U.S.A.

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by vinniestkulick » Tue May 14, 2019 9:58 am

star_paul12 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am
It’s wild to me that on a tour with so many sell outs the one city where you’d think that would be a given (Detroit) was, in fact, not a sellout. It makes no sense to me.
Maybe some places are honest about their NON-sell outs, and others aren't. I was at Nassau and tickets were flat out available at the gate when I walked in (less than an hour before showtime).
I don't think these phony sellouts are unique to KISS (same thing happened at MSG for Fleetwood Mac... the big sign out front said SOLD OUT, and there was a line of a dozen+ at the ticket counter [read: NOT will call]) at showtime.

I think it's all manipulation... by MSG, the bands, and others to create B.S. urgency about every show.

I've been to actual sell outs at MSG where EVERY FRIKKIN' SEAT... in front of, behind, and all around were gone. MSG was not that for Fleetwood, and Nassau had numerous empty seats for KISS. I'd still say it was 90%+ sold... but lying about it is worse than copping to what is actually happening (which is usually still impressive, FFS).

You rarely can't buy a seat, DAY OF, at the gate for MSG, unless it's U2, or PHISH or shows like that.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 am

aceshigh wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 am
nibbler1982 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:14 am
Thanks for the hard work and diligence Jam Master Jules.
:lol: You might want to wipe that brown spot off your nose. Unreal. :lol:

Seriously 10 minutes later and I can still feel the cringe....Jam Master Jules :lol: that one has to sting...
I suppose the term alliteration isn’t in your repertoire? Then again I’ve yet to see you display eloquence so why start now.

I can also see you’re not a fan of old school jams. If you were you’d assuredly get the reference. It fits too. Julian certainly is “keepin’ the beat” here over at the FAQ.

Lastly...Brown nose???

You obviously can’t appreciate the hard work, dedication, and diligence it takes to create some of the best books ever produced about the HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD. Being so tuned in on the archiving of live concerts aspect of the game myself, his “KISS ON TOUR” series is at the top of the heap.

Good having you back...I missed this kind of fun when you were on your vacation.

User avatar
Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!
Posts: 12878
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Admin » Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm

"Domination Mexico"
Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
Promoter: OCESA / CIE
Reported audience: 86,577 / 120,000 **both nights (72.15%)
Reported gross: $4,090,935 **both nights (Mex$ 77,744,860)

User avatar
Forevertj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13579
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Powerhouse Gym

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Forevertj » Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Admin wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm
"Domination Mexico"
Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
Promoter: OCESA / CIE
Reported audience: 86,577 / 120,000 **both nights (72.15%)
Reported gross: $4,090,935 **both nights (Mex$ 77,744,860)

:shock:

Wow.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13524
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by metaldad » Tue May 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Forevertj wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm
Admin wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm
"Domination Mexico"
Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
Promoter: OCESA / CIE
Reported audience: 86,577 / 120,000 **both nights (72.15%)
Reported gross: $4,090,935 **both nights (Mex$ 77,744,860)

:shock:

Wow.
2 days and a shitload of bands will do it

User avatar
aceshigh
Banned
Banned
Posts: 11027
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by aceshigh » Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 am
aceshigh wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 am

KISS is doing awesome. On a personal note how do you like your new nick name :lol: Just joking around in case anyone take this seriously.
It's better than "Oi! Wanker!!" (which I've also been known to respond to).
:lol: Very good.

User avatar
Wichita77
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Wichita77 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Admin wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 am

Apr. 9 - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Reported attendance: 13,759 **SOLD-OUT
Reported gross: $1,590,796
Avg. ticket price: $115.62

I'm glad to have been one of the 13,769 at the party. :) It was a night I'll never forget.

Thanks for going through the effort to keep us informed!

Mr. Kiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Mr. Kiss » Sun May 19, 2019 8:13 pm

One show that has eluded us as far as turnout was the Glendale show on 2/13/19. Interestingly, the ONLY "stats" I've seen on that was in the recent Classic Rock cover story.

According to writer Jaan Uhelszki (who was with them that week on their jet), Glendale pulled in....19,000! :shock: ... :lol:

For the record, I'm calling BULLSHIT on that right now! I wasn't even there, and I know they could NEVER pull in that amount... especially in AZ. The ONLY way they could come near that (indoors) would be if they played in the round. That's being VERY kind, by the way.

Clearly, Uhelszki didn't even make an effort to verify that number. :oops:... :roll:

User avatar
Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!
Posts: 12878
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Admin » Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 pm

These just came in to Pollstar and are slightly different to Billboard's...

Mar. 17 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
Reported audience: 11,322 **SOLD-OUT

Apr. 9 - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Reported audience: 13,302 / 13,759 (96.68%)
Reported gross: $1,562,043

User avatar
Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!
Posts: 12878
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Admin » Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm

February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm

Admin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363
I’m AMAZED.

User avatar
necronomicon
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7301
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by necronomicon » Fri May 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Wow, KISS doing 1.2 million on an “off” attendance night

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

Okay, most of us are aware of the fact that Glendale was the dog of the first leg. To say “sales were soft” is putting it kindly and quite the understatement. To move 9,000 seats and pull in a $1.2M gate is nothing short of amazing. Go KISS!!!

If this behavior holds true, the return trip to the U.S. is gonna go even better than I thought!

KISS Army 2019
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr. Kiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Mr. Kiss » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Admin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363
I’m AMAZED.


I'm not. Higher (i.e. absurd) ticket prices will do that. But I digress. :roll:

What I AM surprised at is they actually made 15,000 tickets AVAILABLE??? The "capacity" for most end-stage gigs is 16,000, while the true capacity itself is a little over 18,000. As I said earlier, the current lineup could NEVER sell that many tickets in AZ. (at those ridiculous prices).

Be that as it may, I wasn't far off when I said it likely was similar to Alive 35 in 2009. Roughly 1000 less for this tour. :|

Talktopete
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Talktopete » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:38 pm
KISS - Forum, Inglewood, CA
Reported audience: 13,660 **SOLD-OUT
Reported gross: $1,769,872

KISS - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
Reported audience: 14,191 / 14,659 (96.81%)
Reported gross: $1,464,975

KISS - Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Reported audience: 10,364 / 13,632 (76.03%)
Reported gross: $1,210,215

KISS - American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Reported audience: 12,033 **SOLD-OUT
Reported gross: $1,611,304

KISS - T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV
Reported audience: 13,854 / 14,468 (95.76%)
Reported gross: $1,442,534

KISS - Spokane Arena, Spokane, WA
Reported audience: 7,241 **SOLD-OUT
Reported gross: $634,166

KISS - Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
Reported audience: 9,663 **SOLD-OUT
Reported gross: $1,185,069

KISS - Viejas Arena, San Diego, CA
Reported audience: 7,521 / 7,825 (96.12%)
Reported gross: $876,677

KISS - CHI Health Center Omaha, Omaha, NE
Reported audience: 12,730 **SOLD-OUT
Reported gross: $1,101,669
Thank you for posting this stuff. Always interesting to me.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am

Mr. Kiss wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Admin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363
I’m AMAZED.


I'm not. Higher (i.e. absurd) ticket prices will do that. But I digress. :roll:

What I AM surprised at is they actually made 15,000 tickets AVAILABLE??? The "capacity" for most end-stage gigs is 16,000, while the true capacity itself is a little over 18,000. As I said earlier, the current lineup could NEVER sell that many tickets in AZ. (at those ridiculous prices).

Be that as it may, I wasn't far off when I said it likely was similar to Alive 35 in 2009. Roughly 1000 less for this tour. :|
I was talking solely about how poor sales were out the gate compared to where they ended up. The diagram below shows this date was EXTREMELY soft to put it kindly.

I’m not surprised that this date had the biggest drop in attendance venue wise when matched up against Alive 35. While most markets went up, the 1,808 decrease (16.62%) was the highest across the board. By far.

What shocks me is that KISS ended up getting ~9,000 people to purchase seats at such a high ticket average. Live Nation can fill up any venue in a moments notice if they really wanted to. What they can’t do is force people on how much money they want to spend. The $134.90 price per ticket average shows that’s a legitimate 9,068 bodies in attendance.

Amazing.

I really can’t wait to see if this holds true with some of the “softer” dates on the second U.S. leg.

Stay tuned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
misterhand80
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by misterhand80 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:37 am

Thank you for all the work you do with these interesting attendance numbers

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:32 am

nibbler1982 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am
Mr. Kiss wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Admin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363
I’m AMAZED.


I'm not. Higher (i.e. absurd) ticket prices will do that. But I digress. :roll:

What I AM surprised at is they actually made 15,000 tickets AVAILABLE??? The "capacity" for most end-stage gigs is 16,000, while the true capacity itself is a little over 18,000. As I said earlier, the current lineup could NEVER sell that many tickets in AZ. (at those ridiculous prices).

Be that as it may, I wasn't far off when I said it likely was similar to Alive 35 in 2009. Roughly 1000 less for this tour. :|
I was talking solely about how poor sales were out the gate compared to where they ended up. The diagram below shows this date was EXTREMELY soft to put it kindly.

I’m not surprised that this date had the biggest drop in attendance venue wise when matched up against Alive 35. While most markets went up, the 1,808 decrease (16.62%) was the highest across the board. By far.

What shocks me is that KISS ended up getting ~9,000 people to purchase seats at such a high ticket average. Live Nation can fill up any venue in a moments notice if they really wanted to. What they can’t do is force people on how much money they want to spend. The $134.90 price per ticket average shows that’s a legitimate 9,068 bodies in attendance.

Amazing.

I really can’t wait to see if this holds true with some of the “softer” dates on the second U.S. leg.

Stay tuned.
Edit:

And most end stage configurations in your boilerplate NHL sized arenas IS NOT 16,000.

It’s more in the 13,500 range. It all depends on how many side/rear stage sections you choose to make available.

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11899
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Crown Royal » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 am

KISS - Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
Reported audience: 9,663 **SOLD-OUT

It holds 18,000 for concerts

Pretty amazing what our resident want-to-be-twelve-ers consider a victory today

User avatar
Grizzly Adams
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2684
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Grizzly Adams » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:07 am

Crown Royal wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 am
KISS - Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
Reported audience: 9,663 **SOLD-OUT

It holds 18,000 for concerts

Pretty amazing what our resident want-to-be-twelve-ers consider a victory today
The arena was configured such that every other seat was removed.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:50 am

Grizzly Adams wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:07 am
Crown Royal wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 am
KISS - Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
Reported audience: 9,663 **SOLD-OUT

It holds 18,000 for concerts

Pretty amazing what our resident want-to-be-twelve-ers consider a victory today
The arena was configured such that every other seat was removed.
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that layout for a concert. But the Fiserv Forum has many different configurations. Like you can see below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Doose
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Doose » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:02 am

I know there are some that want to insist sales are soft and the tour isn't selling well, but I've yet to see anyone post pictures of an arena that looks like the sales were soft, or that sections that were closed off (or sparsely full).

User avatar
aceshigh
Banned
Banned
Posts: 11027
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by aceshigh » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:25 am

Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:02 am
I know there are some that want to insist sales are soft and the tour isn't selling well, but I've yet to see anyone post pictures of an arena that looks like the sales were soft, or that sections that were closed off (or sparsely full).
Actually for a band limping to the finish line KISS is making a ton of money. The argument has been whether or not this will be KISS biggest tour ever. Some say it will be money wise, some say asses in seats wise it won't be. Who really cares unless we start getting a cut of the profits.

The second leg looks soft but really who gives a shit about how much money Gene and Paul make? Some just see this as a way to put down the original band making absurd claims that the current line-up is as big as the originals. The OL will always be bigger as this line-up has yet to play 4 nights in a row anywhere. Cheers.

User avatar
Much Too Soon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Much Too Soon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Cmon...ticket prices determine sales. Revenue pricing is a different ballgame than your average 1970s gig. The management is using pretty sophisticated computer modeling to price each seat and update it almost hourly. In essence KISS ...say for Dallas ... for example was estimated to bring in a certain range of dollars. The modeling was used to price seats properly to bring in the higher range of dollars. And it’s working. Working nationwide and looks like worldwide as well.

In other words KISS is currently making 97% of the available dollars that are estimated to be made and selling 97% of the available seats .... to reach that objective. The band is KICKING ASS.
————————————————————————————————————-————————————————————-
NEWS
APRIL 9, 2018 2:59PM ET

Taylor Swift’s Ticket Strategy: Brilliant Business or Slowing Demand?

If you went on Ticketmaster in January and pulled up a third-row seat for Taylor Swift‘s June 2nd show at Chicago’s Soldier Field, it would have cost you $995. But if you looked up the same seat three months later, the price would have been $595. That’s because Swift has adopted “dynamic pricing,” where concert tickets – like airline seats – shift prices constantly in adjusting to market demand. It’s a move intended to squeeze out the secondary-ticket market – but it’s also left many fans confused as they’re asked to pay hundreds of dollars more than face value. “Basically, Ticketmaster is operating as StubHub,” says one concert-business source.


Swift is not alone. This summer, U2, Kenny Chesney, Pink, the Eagles and Shania Twain will also embrace dynamic pricing (which Ticketmaster calls Official Platinum Seats). It’s their latest attempt to battle resellers like StubHub, the eBay-owned site, which had sales of more than $1 billion in 2016. “You
 can go and buy tickets and then put them on StubHub and speculate for three to five times their face value – [that’s] their entire industry,” says Stuart Ross of Red Light Management, which reps Dave Matthews Band, Phish and more. 🚨Doc McGhee, who manages KISS, sees why Ticketmaster needed to take action: “If somebody’s going to pay $500 for a $150 ticket, the band should receive the money.”🚨

Not everyone agrees. Some artists, like Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam, have opted out of using the dynamic-pricing model, as have smaller, indie artists like Father John Misty. “An artist like Father John Misty is very ticket-price-conscious,” says his manager, Dan Fraser. “Just because more people are willing to pay for a ticket, he doesn’t want to [charge it] … He’ll leave money on the table.”

🚨“The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨

The program has forced promoters to rethink what a successful concert means in 2018. While Swift’s entire 2015 1989 tour sold out almost instantly, there are plenty of seats available for most of her Reputation shows. One veteran promoter says it’s selling “terribly – the worst scaling and flexible pricing I have ever seen for a stadium tour.” But others say she’s just playing a long game.🚨 “Don’t put too much emphasis on the fact she hasn’t sold out yet,” says Gary Bongiovanni, the editor-in-chief of concert trade publication Pollstar. “The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨 (Swift’s representative declined to comment for the story.)

But the system can be confusing for fans. In addition to dynamic-priced tickets, Swift’s tour is offering seats on an interactive map through a menagerie of dots – yellow for VIP ($500-$900), pink for approved fan resales (which can list for thousands of dollars), blue for standard face-value tickets ($50-$450). “It’s kind of complicated,” says Alex Hodges, CEO of Nederlander Concerts in Los Angeles, suggesting that the astronomical prices may cause fans to “get skittish and back off.”

But
experts see the plan as a necessary way to hold on to profits as the entire
industry goes through a sea change. “Does the airline want to sell out all
tickets and be done with that flight?” says one source. “Or do they
want to sell them at $700 and [eventually] sell every seat? It’s that kind of
situation.” Adds another expert, “[Concert tickets] just caught up to
hotels, airfares and rental cars. It’s a cultural change and an acceptance of
resellers.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... nd-630218/
Last edited by Much Too Soon on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Much Too Soon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Much Too Soon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:07 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am
Mr. Kiss wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Admin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363
I’m AMAZED.


I'm not. Higher (i.e. absurd) ticket prices will do that. But I digress. :roll:

What I AM surprised at is they actually made 15,000 tickets AVAILABLE??? The "capacity" for most end-stage gigs is 16,000, while the true capacity itself is a little over 18,000. As I said earlier, the current lineup could NEVER sell that many tickets in AZ. (at those ridiculous prices).

Be that as it may, I wasn't far off when I said it likely was similar to Alive 35 in 2009. Roughly 1000 less for this tour. :|
I was talking solely about how poor sales were out the gate compared to where they ended up. The diagram below shows this date was EXTREMELY soft to put it kindly.

I’m not surprised that this date had the biggest drop in attendance venue wise when matched up against Alive 35. While most markets went up, the 1,808 decrease (16.62%) was the highest across the board. By far.

What shocks me is that KISS ended up getting ~9,000 people to purchase seats at such a high ticket average. Live Nation can fill up any venue in a moments notice if they really wanted to. What they can’t do is force people on how much money they want to spend. The $134.90 price per ticket average shows that’s a legitimate 9,068 bodies in attendance.

Amazing.

I really can’t wait to see if this holds true with some of the “softer” dates on the second U.S. leg.

Stay tuned.
The band WANTS sales to be slow out of the gate. A run in seats early means they priced the tickets too low. They meter it down nickel by nickel then suddenly sales start trickling....drop another nickel...it starts flowing.....etc.Thats why second leg dates are way too early to make determinations and predictions as some here like to do.

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11899
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Crown Royal » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Much Too Soon wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:07 pm


The band WANTS sales to be slow out of the gate.
:lol: :lol:

This place can be comic gold at times

User avatar
drdelaware
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 830
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by drdelaware » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:28 pm

I don't care about how much money Gene and Paul are making. It still doesn't justify faking vocals. Some of the best Kiss shows ever were far from sellouts.

User avatar
Much Too Soon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Much Too Soon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:40 pm

🚨”Don’t put too much emphasis on the fact she (Taylor Swift) hasn’t sold out yet,”says Gary Bongiovanni, the editor-in-chief of concert trade publication Pollstar. “The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨

User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Vandelay Industries » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:34 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Much Too Soon wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:07 pm


The band WANTS sales to be slow out of the gate.
:lol: :lol:

This place can be comic gold at times
So let me get this straight....if sales are slow out of the gate, the solution is to charge more? :lol:

User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Vandelay Industries » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:42 pm

Much Too Soon wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:40 pm
🚨”Don’t put too much emphasis on the fact she (Taylor Swift) hasn’t sold out yet,”says Gary Bongiovanni, the editor-in-chief of concert trade publication Pollstar. “The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨
Sounds like some poli-speak to me. If you sell out quickly, perhaps it's true that you didn't price tickets properly (if that band/management's intent is to bleed every dollar out of the fans, that is)....but that doesn't automatically mean you ARE pricing tickets properly if you DON'T sell out quickly. My god, the hilarity on this board sometimes :lol:

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Vandelay Industries wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:42 pm
Much Too Soon wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:40 pm
🚨”Don’t put too much emphasis on the fact she (Taylor Swift) hasn’t sold out yet,”says Gary Bongiovanni, the editor-in-chief of concert trade publication Pollstar. “The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨
Sounds like some poli-speak to me. If you sell out quickly, perhaps it's true that you didn't price tickets properly (if that band/management's intent is to bleed every dollar out of the fans, that is)....but that doesn't automatically mean you ARE pricing tickets properly if you DON'T sell out quickly. My god, the hilarity on this board sometimes :lol:
As much as it galls me I’m gonna have to agree with that last part.

Mr. Kiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Mr. Kiss » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:54 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:32 am
nibbler1982 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am
Mr. Kiss wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Admin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363
I’m AMAZED.


I'm not. Higher (i.e. absurd) ticket prices will do that. But I digress. :roll:

What I AM surprised at is they actually made 15,000 tickets AVAILABLE??? The "capacity" for most end-stage gigs is 16,000, while the true capacity itself is a little over 18,000. As I said earlier, the current lineup could NEVER sell that many tickets in AZ. (at those ridiculous prices).

Be that as it may, I wasn't far off when I said it likely was similar to Alive 35 in 2009. Roughly 1000 less for this tour. :|
I was talking solely about how poor sales were out the gate compared to where they ended up. The diagram below shows this date was EXTREMELY soft to put it kindly.

I’m not surprised that this date had the biggest drop in attendance venue wise when matched up against Alive 35. While most markets went up, the 1,808 decrease (16.62%) was the highest across the board. By far.

What shocks me is that KISS ended up getting ~9,000 people to purchase seats at such a high ticket average. Live Nation can fill up any venue in a moments notice if they really wanted to. What they can’t do is force people on how much money they want to spend. The $134.90 price per ticket average shows that’s a legitimate 9,068 bodies in attendance.

Amazing.

I really can’t wait to see if this holds true with some of the “softer” dates on the second U.S. leg.

Stay tuned.
Edit:

And most end stage configurations in your boilerplate NHL sized arenas IS NOT 16,000.

It’s more in the 13,500 range. It all depends on how many side/rear stage sections you choose to make available.


To clarify, I was just referring to Glendale Arena's end-stage setups. I agree that most (older) arenas in America are in the 14,000 range for concerts, give or take.

In years' past (Glendale) shows by U2, Springsteen, Prince, and Elton John were at 16,000 "capacity" (i.e. amount of tickets made available). Of course, all those artists are the exception .. not the rule. Thanks for responding. Respect. 8)

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:33 am

Mr. Kiss wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:54 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:32 am
nibbler1982 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am
Mr. Kiss wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Admin wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
February 13 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Reported audience: 9,068 / 15,000 (60.45%)
Reported gross: $1,223,363
I’m AMAZED.


I'm not. Higher (i.e. absurd) ticket prices will do that. But I digress. :roll:

What I AM surprised at is they actually made 15,000 tickets AVAILABLE??? The "capacity" for most end-stage gigs is 16,000, while the true capacity itself is a little over 18,000. As I said earlier, the current lineup could NEVER sell that many tickets in AZ. (at those ridiculous prices).

Be that as it may, I wasn't far off when I said it likely was similar to Alive 35 in 2009. Roughly 1000 less for this tour. :|
I was talking solely about how poor sales were out the gate compared to where they ended up. The diagram below shows this date was EXTREMELY soft to put it kindly.

I’m not surprised that this date had the biggest drop in attendance venue wise when matched up against Alive 35. While most markets went up, the 1,808 decrease (16.62%) was the highest across the board. By far.

What shocks me is that KISS ended up getting ~9,000 people to purchase seats at such a high ticket average. Live Nation can fill up any venue in a moments notice if they really wanted to. What they can’t do is force people on how much money they want to spend. The $134.90 price per ticket average shows that’s a legitimate 9,068 bodies in attendance.

Amazing.

I really can’t wait to see if this holds true with some of the “softer” dates on the second U.S. leg.

Stay tuned.
Edit:

And most end stage configurations in your boilerplate NHL sized arenas IS NOT 16,000.

It’s more in the 13,500 range. It all depends on how many side/rear stage sections you choose to make available.


To clarify, I was just referring to Glendale Arena's end-stage setups. I agree that most (older) arenas in America are in the 14,000 range for concerts, give or take.

In years' past (Glendale) shows by U2, Springsteen, Prince, and Elton John were at 16,000 "capacity" (i.e. amount of tickets made available). Of course, all those artists are the exception .. not the rule. Thanks for responding. Respect. 8)
No disrespect Brother Mister, but I think some of your data is askew. I believe this misnomer falls into the “people believe arena’s end stage configurations are larger than they actually are” category. :D

First off, Gila River Arena is not that large...comparatively speaking that is. When stacked up against the 31 NHL arenas out there I believe Glendale comes in at 27 as per capacity. Meaning there are only 4 out of 31 arenas hosting NHL teams that are smaller.

Secondly, as when know there are many different “end stage” configurations for concerts. But as I said above, most fall in the ~13,500 category. Gila River Arena is no different.

Elton John
Gila River Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
Jan. 26, 2019
$1,864,926
13,899 / 13,899

Pink
Gila River Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
March 30, 2019
$2,363,364
13,737 / 13,737

Ed Sheeran, James Blunt
Gila River Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
Aug. 5, 2017
$1,239,478
13,654 / 13,654

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Trombone Shorty
Gila River Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
Oct. 18, 2017
$1,273,486
13,343 / 13,343

Roger Waters
Gila River Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
June 14, 2017
$1,422,541
11,682 / 11,682

Madonna, Michael Diamond
Gila River Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
Oct. 22, 2015
$1,307,510
10,393 / 10,393

Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
Gila River Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
July 21, 2017
$1,264,313
13,540 / 13,540

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Jobing.com Arena
Glendale, Ariz.
Dec. 6, 2012
$1,197,272
12,660 / 12,660

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11899
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Crown Royal » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:39 am

nibbler1982 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:33 am

Brother Mister
8)

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10624
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by nibbler1982 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:58 am

Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:02 am
I know there are some that want to insist sales are soft and the tour isn't selling well, but I've yet to see anyone post pictures of an arena that looks like the sales were soft, or that sections that were closed off (or sparsely full).
I agree with your sentiment, although I wouldn’t put too much stock in the fact that “pics show packed arenas”

Live Nation can fill an arena in 24 hours if the really want to. Their papering skills are second to none. The final word is in the boxscore. The tell tale sign of such trickeration (it’s a Don King term :D) is in the average ticket price. When you see an abnormally low average price per ticket coupled with a robust attendance figure, the proof is in the pudding.

I’ve yet to see it so far on EOTR. I thought for sure it was gonna be in Glendale. I believed were gonna see numbers like 9,598/$580,873.

I’m still thoroughly amazed we didn’t.

User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Vandelay Industries » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:51 am

I have several thoughts & questions, but I'm occupied at work, so I'll post 'em one at a time, lol...

Are the total grosses reported the "shopping cart" ticket prices, or the "checkout" prices? Might seem like a nitpicky question, but there IS a 25% difference between one and the other...

User avatar
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6192
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Evo999 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 am

Much Too Soon wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 pm
Cmon...ticket prices determine sales. Revenue pricing is a different ballgame than your average 1970s gig. The management is using pretty sophisticated computer modeling to price each seat and update it almost hourly. In essence KISS ...say for Dallas ... for example was estimated to bring in a certain range of dollars. The modeling was used to price seats properly to bring in the higher range of dollars. And it’s working. Working nationwide and looks like worldwide as well.

In other words KISS is currently making 97% of the available dollars that are estimated to be made and selling 97% of the available seats .... to reach that objective. The band is KICKING ASS.
————————————————————————————————————-————————————————————-
NEWS
APRIL 9, 2018 2:59PM ET

Taylor Swift’s Ticket Strategy: Brilliant Business or Slowing Demand?

If you went on Ticketmaster in January and pulled up a third-row seat for Taylor Swift‘s June 2nd show at Chicago’s Soldier Field, it would have cost you $995. But if you looked up the same seat three months later, the price would have been $595. That’s because Swift has adopted “dynamic pricing,” where concert tickets – like airline seats – shift prices constantly in adjusting to market demand. It’s a move intended to squeeze out the secondary-ticket market – but it’s also left many fans confused as they’re asked to pay hundreds of dollars more than face value. “Basically, Ticketmaster is operating as StubHub,” says one concert-business source.


Swift is not alone. This summer, U2, Kenny Chesney, Pink, the Eagles and Shania Twain will also embrace dynamic pricing (which Ticketmaster calls Official Platinum Seats). It’s their latest attempt to battle resellers like StubHub, the eBay-owned site, which had sales of more than $1 billion in 2016. “You
 can go and buy tickets and then put them on StubHub and speculate for three to five times their face value – [that’s] their entire industry,” says Stuart Ross of Red Light Management, which reps Dave Matthews Band, Phish and more. 🚨Doc McGhee, who manages KISS, sees why Ticketmaster needed to take action: “If somebody’s going to pay $500 for a $150 ticket, the band should receive the money.”🚨

Not everyone agrees. Some artists, like Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam, have opted out of using the dynamic-pricing model, as have smaller, indie artists like Father John Misty. “An artist like Father John Misty is very ticket-price-conscious,” says his manager, Dan Fraser. “Just because more people are willing to pay for a ticket, he doesn’t want to [charge it] … He’ll leave money on the table.”

🚨“The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨

The program has forced promoters to rethink what a successful concert means in 2018. While Swift’s entire 2015 1989 tour sold out almost instantly, there are plenty of seats available for most of her Reputation shows. One veteran promoter says it’s selling “terribly – the worst scaling and flexible pricing I have ever seen for a stadium tour.” But others say she’s just playing a long game.🚨 “Don’t put too much emphasis on the fact she hasn’t sold out yet,” says Gary Bongiovanni, the editor-in-chief of concert trade publication Pollstar. “The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨 (Swift’s representative declined to comment for the story.)

But the system can be confusing for fans. In addition to dynamic-priced tickets, Swift’s tour is offering seats on an interactive map through a menagerie of dots – yellow for VIP ($500-$900), pink for approved fan resales (which can list for thousands of dollars), blue for standard face-value tickets ($50-$450). “It’s kind of complicated,” says Alex Hodges, CEO of Nederlander Concerts in Los Angeles, suggesting that the astronomical prices may cause fans to “get skittish and back off.”

But
experts see the plan as a necessary way to hold on to profits as the entire
industry goes through a sea change. “Does the airline want to sell out all
tickets and be done with that flight?” says one source. “Or do they
want to sell them at $700 and [eventually] sell every seat? It’s that kind of
situation.” Adds another expert, “[Concert tickets] just caught up to
hotels, airfares and rental cars. It’s a cultural change and an acceptance of
resellers.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... nd-630218/
This pretty well confirms everything Nibbler was saying about Ticket pricing strategies back at the start of this tour, and was mocked by some here for it.

User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8486
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: New EOTR Boxscores

Post by Vandelay Industries » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:43 am

Evo999 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 am
Much Too Soon wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 pm
Cmon...ticket prices determine sales. Revenue pricing is a different ballgame than your average 1970s gig. The management is using pretty sophisticated computer modeling to price each seat and update it almost hourly. In essence KISS ...say for Dallas ... for example was estimated to bring in a certain range of dollars. The modeling was used to price seats properly to bring in the higher range of dollars. And it’s working. Working nationwide and looks like worldwide as well.

In other words KISS is currently making 97% of the available dollars that are estimated to be made and selling 97% of the available seats .... to reach that objective. The band is KICKING ASS.
————————————————————————————————————-————————————————————-
NEWS
APRIL 9, 2018 2:59PM ET

Taylor Swift’s Ticket Strategy: Brilliant Business or Slowing Demand?

If you went on Ticketmaster in January and pulled up a third-row seat for Taylor Swift‘s June 2nd show at Chicago’s Soldier Field, it would have cost you $995. But if you looked up the same seat three months later, the price would have been $595. That’s because Swift has adopted “dynamic pricing,” where concert tickets – like airline seats – shift prices constantly in adjusting to market demand. It’s a move intended to squeeze out the secondary-ticket market – but it’s also left many fans confused as they’re asked to pay hundreds of dollars more than face value. “Basically, Ticketmaster is operating as StubHub,” says one concert-business source.


Swift is not alone. This summer, U2, Kenny Chesney, Pink, the Eagles and Shania Twain will also embrace dynamic pricing (which Ticketmaster calls Official Platinum Seats). It’s their latest attempt to battle resellers like StubHub, the eBay-owned site, which had sales of more than $1 billion in 2016. “You
 can go and buy tickets and then put them on StubHub and speculate for three to five times their face value – [that’s] their entire industry,” says Stuart Ross of Red Light Management, which reps Dave Matthews Band, Phish and more. 🚨Doc McGhee, who manages KISS, sees why Ticketmaster needed to take action: “If somebody’s going to pay $500 for a $150 ticket, the band should receive the money.”🚨

Not everyone agrees. Some artists, like Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam, have opted out of using the dynamic-pricing model, as have smaller, indie artists like Father John Misty. “An artist like Father John Misty is very ticket-price-conscious,” says his manager, Dan Fraser. “Just because more people are willing to pay for a ticket, he doesn’t want to [charge it] … He’ll leave money on the table.”

🚨“The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨

The program has forced promoters to rethink what a successful concert means in 2018. While Swift’s entire 2015 1989 tour sold out almost instantly, there are plenty of seats available for most of her Reputation shows. One veteran promoter says it’s selling “terribly – the worst scaling and flexible pricing I have ever seen for a stadium tour.” But others say she’s just playing a long game.🚨 “Don’t put too much emphasis on the fact she hasn’t sold out yet,” says Gary Bongiovanni, the editor-in-chief of concert trade publication Pollstar. “The industry is adopting a new mantra,” says a concert-industry expert. “If you sell out quickly, you didn’t price tickets properly.”🚨 (Swift’s representative declined to comment for the story.)

But the system can be confusing for fans. In addition to dynamic-priced tickets, Swift’s tour is offering seats on an interactive map through a menagerie of dots – yellow for VIP ($500-$900), pink for approved fan resales (which can list for thousands of dollars), blue for standard face-value tickets ($50-$450). “It’s kind of complicated,” says Alex Hodges, CEO of Nederlander Concerts in Los Angeles, suggesting that the astronomical prices may cause fans to “get skittish and back off.”

But
experts see the plan as a necessary way to hold on to profits as the entire
industry goes through a sea change. “Does the airline want to sell out all
tickets and be done with that flight?” says one source. “Or do they
want to sell them at $700 and [eventually] sell every seat? It’s that kind of
situation.” Adds another expert, “[Concert tickets] just caught up to
hotels, airfares and rental cars. It’s a cultural change and an acceptance of
resellers.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... nd-630218/
This pretty well confirms everything Nibbler was saying about Ticket pricing strategies back at the start of this tour, and was mocked by some here for it.
Difference being, you're at the mercy of Ticketmaster's prices, unlike hotels and airlines, where competition still keeps the prices somewhat honest (comparatively speaking anyway, lol)...

IMO, jury's still out if this strategy will work in the long haul. Might be effective with artists who are nearing the end of the road so to speak, but we'll see how sustainable it is for artists who are thinking the long game, with many more tours still in them...

Locked