FTR 2016 Show #41 - Uncasville, CT

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #41 - Uncasville, CT

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-1029.php
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Re: FTR 2016 Show #41 - Uncasville, CT

Post by nibbler1982 »

Jumping in the truck right now and heading to Mohegan. Can't wait! I've seen them a good half dozen times here and the place is always packed to the rafters. Considering there's only singles left available on Ticketmaster this time out appears to be no different.

Boy am I tired, just got in this morning. For the last two weeks I've had no internet connection. It started off with a week with my girlfriend in Bora Bora followed by business in Korea for the seven days following. There was no way I wasn't gonna be back in time for this concert though. Forgive me if I bump up some threads I've missed while I was away. Two weeks without the FAQ is a LONG time. I missed you all...we got a lot of catching up to do.

:D :D :D
Mahatma
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Mahatma »

nibbler1982 wrote:Jumping in the truck right now and heading to Mohegan. Can't wait! I've seen them a good half dozen times here and the place is always packed to the rafters. Considering there's only singles left available on Ticketmaster this time out appears to be no different.

Boy am I tired, just got in this morning. For the last two weeks I've had no internet connection. It started off with a week with my girlfriend in Bora Bora followed by business in Korea for the seven days following. There was no way I wasn't gonna be back in time for this concert though. Forgive me if I bump up some threads I've missed while I was away. Two weeks without the FAQ is a LONG time. I missed you all...we got a lot of catching up to do.

:lol: What a convenient coincidence.... I was under the impression you had been suspended for exactly two weeks. :lol:
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Mahatma wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:Jumping in the truck right now and heading to Mohegan. Can't wait! I've seen them a good half dozen times here and the place is always packed to the rafters. Considering there's only singles left available on Ticketmaster this time out appears to be no different.

:lol: What a convenient coincidence.... I was under the impression you had been suspended for exactly two weeks. :lol:
You gotta be kidding me! What are the chances? How fortuitous.

If that's the case with luck like that I'm gonna go hit the tables!
Red_Walrus
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Red_Walrus »

WB Nibbs
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

...and yet again the whiskey's flowing!
Attachments
IMG_7401.JPG
presspassed
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by presspassed »

I expect a couple surprises tonight in the set list.
Rock n roll hell and keep me comin are my picks.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

[quote="presspassed"]I expect a couple surprises tonight in the set list.

Lick It Up

...and a bunch of other songs. :wink:
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Stuffed with filet mignon, shellfish, and bourbon...and waiting for the curtain to drop. It doesn't get any better than this.

KISS Army forever.
Attachments
IMG_7406.JPG
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

Welcome back Nibbs. Enjoy the show. Keep us updated brother.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

PsychoElder wrote:Welcome back Nibbs. Enjoy the show. Keep us updated brother.
Thanks brother. It's good to be back. I missed all my brothers and sisters something fierce. 8:26pm and still waiting for the curtain to drop.
presspassed
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by presspassed »

Did they have anyone open for them?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

presspassed wrote:Did they have anyone open for them?
No.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Great show. It was KISS. When you order a Big Mac you know exactly what you're getting.

It definitely wasn't a "Freedom To Rock" stage. Bare stage with a video screen, it was more like HSOE than anything else. They also played the E-X-A-C-T same set list as they did all summer. That didn't bother me in and of itself, I really wasn't expecting much deviation. What did bother me was Paul said something along the lines of, "You know...this isn't really part of the Freedom To Rock tour, so tonight we're gonna do things a little different." That made me believe they might play a different song or two...they didn't. It was definitely a KISS crowd. When they came to the obligatory, "How many people are at your first KISSs concert?" very few hands went up. It was a bunch of lifers in attendance tonight. All and all a great time. It was a full house and everyone was into it. Electric church baby!!!

KISS Army forever.
saintsinner2007
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by saintsinner2007 »

nibbler1982 wrote:Great show. It was KISS. When you order a Big Mac you know exactly what you're getting.

It definitely wasn't a "Freedom To Rock" stage. Bare stage with a video screen, it was more like HSOE than anything else. They also played the E-X-A-C-T same set list as they did all summer. That didn't bother me in and of itself, I really wasn't expecting much deviation. What did bother me was Paul said something along the lines of, "You know...this isn't really part of the Freedom To Rock tour, so tonight we're gonna do things a little different." That made me believe they might play a different song or two...they didn't. It was definitely a KISS crowd. When they came to the obligatory, "How many people are at your first KISSs concert?" very few hands went up. It was a bunch of lifers in attendance tonight. All and all a great time. It was a full house and everyone was into it. Electric church baby!!!

KISS Army forever.
Yeah, I totally didn't get why Paul said that as well. However that was when Paul got confused, and started to intro God of Thunder / Gene's bass solo....lol. He actually recovered nicely. This one is off of Destroyer.....Gene, take it away (and Gene begins his blood routine)
shirtandtie
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by shirtandtie »

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I didn't go. If it's going to be groundhog day every time they make a public appearance, it's pretty clear PAUL has completely lost touch with who his audience is. And I don't think he cares. Well, neither do I. I'll stay close to my copies of Dressed To Kill and Rock and Roll Over and cut the cord now.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

According to Facebook posters Paul announced that the band would be going into the studio next year!
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

Mr Slow wrote:According to Facebook posters Paul announced that the band would be going into the studio next year!
With Ace Frehley? I knew it!
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Mr Slow wrote:According to Facebook posters Paul announced that the band would be going into the studio next year!
He announced this from the stage? I'm, sure Nibbs would have mentioned it if that were the case...
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

kissjrj wrote:
He announced this from the stage? I'm, sure Nibbs would have mentioned it if that were the case...
If he didn't have so many Old Fashions at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain before the show I'm sure he definitely would have mentioned it. :D

"You know...with all this downtime on our hands we might just get back in the studio and record another album."
-Paul Stanley-
pete1699
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pete1699 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
kissjrj wrote:
If he didn't have so many Old Fashions at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain before the show I'm sure he definitely would have mentioned it. :D

"You know...with all this downtime on our hands we might just get back in the studio and record another album."
-Paul Stanley-

With so much downtime, they could also learn some new songs to play for God's sakes.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Well this is just peachy, now this garbage is spreading on social media. It gives some the opportunity to trash and complain about something that doesn't exist.
:lol: :P :evil:

@PaulStanley" ANNOUNCES LIVE ON STAGE THAT @KISS" ARE GOING BACK INTO THE STUDIO TO RECORD A NEW ALBUM ON THEIR DOWN TIME IT WILL BE THEIR 21st STUDIO ALBUM BEFORE THEY RETURN IN 2017 TO ROCK THE WORLD AGAIN HOW AWESOME IS THIS FOR SURE ANOTHER EPIC & #HISTORIC MOMENT IN #KISSTORY ROCK ON !!!
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

kissjrj wrote:
Nibbs was too busy counting skulls :)
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Now, I'm getting conflicting reports, as they say. Who's in charge around here?!?! :shock:

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/i ... hegan.html?%%STOP%%ath=%%eval%20lower%20$md5_email%%

Announcing to the crowd that a new album may be in the works (their last studio album, "Monster," was released in 2012), KISS instead relied on some of its best-known material over the course of the set, including "Shout It Out Loud" and "I Love It Loud."

How many drinks did you have, Nibs? :D
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

kissjrj wrote:Now, I'm getting conflicting reports, as they say. Who's in charge around here?!?! :shock:

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/i ... hegan.html?%%STOP%%ath=%%eval%20lower%20$md5_email%%

Announcing to the crowd that a new album may be in the works (their last studio album, "Monster," was released in 2012), KISS instead relied on some of its best-known material over the course of the set, including "Shout It Out Loud" and "I Love It Loud."

How many drinks did you have, Nibs? :D
Four Old Fashioneds and two forty year tawnys at dinner and maybe eight beers during the show? I'm not gonna lie, I do enjoy a drink. :D

By the time I got back to Strong Island and posted my review I TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION Paul said something along the lines of...

""You know...with all this downtime on our hands we might just get back in the studio and record another album."
longtimekiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by longtimekiss »

hmmmm ok...
caligari

Post by caligari »

Love Gun
Attachments
image.png
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

longtimekiss wrote:

hmmmm ok...
I like it!
Paul sounded pretty decent for the most part. A few croaks here and there but he's definitely sounded worse.
Is it my imagination or did Paul hit a few bad notes on guitar in that clip?
Or was there a roadie backstage tuning and forgot to turn down?
Or... is there a secret guitar player hidden behind a curatin that can't play for shit?!?! :shock: :lol:
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

A poster in the Youtube comments suggests setting the speed of the clip to 1.25 - sounds a LOT Better and it also makes Gene seem more lively! Try it!