FTR 2016 Show #39 - Richmond, VA - Sept. 9

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #39 - Richmond, VA - Sept. 9

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0909.php
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: FTR 2016 Show #39 - Richmond, VA - Sept. 9

Post by rlivo »

Admin wrote:Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

The one FTR show I'm catching this summer! Got 5th row on the floor - Paul's side.

First show since summer of 2014, so I'm psyched!
StarChild1978
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by StarChild1978 »

rlivo wrote:
Admin wrote:Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

The one FTR show I'm catching this summer! Got 5th row on the floor - Paul's side.

First show since summer of 2014, so I'm psyched!
There is a pre-party at Sine's Irish pub not far from the venue.

Details are here:
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rlivo »

I've been watching the interactive map on this one. Just today a big upturn in tickets sold. This show - even in the small configuration (they have the very upper deck in the back closed off I think), and the top 10 or so rows on the upper side decks curtained off.

But the rest of the arena - and this is one of the larger arenas on the tour - is looking well sold.

I'll be there for an eyewitness account and certainly take pics as well.
FrehleyMark
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by FrehleyMark »

I'll be there too . in the "nose Bleeds" first time I've seen Kiss since 06/2000! I can't wait!

Kevin
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rlivo »

The FIRST time I've seen them open up additional parts of the upper decks due to last minute pick up of sales. KISS fans are coming out of the woodwork and are snatching up a shit ton of tickets just today. At least a thousand or more. Richmond is going to rock!
hooligan3
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by hooligan3 »

I will be there with my brother-in-law....section 19L. Can't wait!!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Tickets are no longer on sale for tonight. That's quite odd. You can usually buy them up until 6:00pm to 7:00pm the day of a show.

I know some of you were saying tickets were selling like hotcakes yesterday. Could the KISS Army have exhausted those remaining tickets and now were down to resale seats?

Going forward you guys attending will be my eyes.
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rlivo »

nibbler1982 wrote:Tickets are no longer on sale for tonight. That's quite odd. You can usually buy them up until 6:00pm to 7:00pm the day of a show.

I know some of you were saying tickets were selling like hotcakes yesterday. Could the KISS Army have exhausted those remaining tickets and now were down to resale seats?

I watched this show up until late last night and I was blown away by how many tickets they sold in the past 36 hours. If I had to guess, at least 2000+ tickets in 36 hours. This place will be packed - and they had opened up some additional sections that they had originally closed off.

I'm surprised they stopped selling online as I really thought they could possibly blow through even the back upper deck. They originally had this entire arena on sale, but about a few weeks back they seemed to have pushed those that bought seats up there down and curtained it off. I will know tonight.

I'm psyched!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

rlivo wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:Tickets are no longer on sale for tonight. That's quite odd. You can usually buy them up until 6:00pm to 7:00pm the day of a show.

I watched this show up until late last night and I was blown away by how many tickets they sold in the past 36 hours. If I had to guess, at least 2000+ tickets in 36 hours. This place will be packed - and they had opened up some additional sections that they had originally closed off.

I'm surprised they stopped selling online as I really thought they could possibly blow through even the back upper deck. They originally had this entire arena on sale, but about a few weeks back they seemed to have pushed those that bought seats up there down and curtained it off. I will know tonight.

I'm psyched!
The only reason I can come up with that they stopped selling online is they already blew through the upper deck and it's sold out. Why would they stop selling tickets if they still has some available? It makes no sense. The only other thing I could think of is they might be reassigning seats because they're opening sections the already closed. Maybe they can't keep up with it and when they do shuffle them it'll only be available at the box office. I really have no clue. The brokered seats that are available are inline with that of a sellout. They're going for a pretty penny. Who knows.

Keep me up to date when you can. Thanks. Have fun brother!
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Erwin »

Three thumbs up for the taper :shock: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

Stanley! You look so cute
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

kissjrj wrote:Image
Foot thing.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote:
kissjrj wrote:Image
Foot thing.
Yeah, what is that? He always looks like he needs to pee!

Doc's hair looks nice.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Gene still sounds great!

Crowd looks half dead.
StarChild1978
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by StarChild1978 »

Nibs, I know you like to track attendance on these things. Here are a few things I noticed. The attendance was strong but there was some papering going on. To what extent, I don't know but I do know this: I had "won" a pair of tickets from a Dead Daisies contest. I tried to pick them up around 11:30 but was told the tickets wouldn't arrive until after 1. When I got back to the venue a little after seven I was told they were at Will Call and ::there:: was the line. There was a line wrapping waaayyyy around the building and they were all there to pick up tickets. I had a solo front row seat in hand but I was with a friend and we were interested in having the pair of tickets I had "won" so we could end up sitting together if need be. He also had a different ticket, besides the comped pair.

We didn't have time to wait in this line (it wrapped around two sides of the venue) and had our other tickets, so my buddy and I headed on into the venue. When I tried to go back to Will Call about 20 minutes later the line was still never-ending. After the Dead Daisies played I went back again. This time I was able to make it to the Will Call table. They couldn't find my tickets and asked me if I won them on FaceBook. I hadn't but there was a line for the winners. A staff member was there peeling off pairs of tickets for people that had won on this FaceBook competition. This line was also fairly long, even at this point. I took a pair but went back to the Will Call table. They finally found my designated pair. Soooo, based on the line for Will Call, there were hundreds of people there for free tickets of some sort.

I also noticed that they quit selling tickets online in mid-afternoon and thought that was quite strange. I had never seen that before and have bought last minute tickets many, many times for decent seats.

It will be hard to tell actually how many tickets were "sold" but there was a good crowd inside. The floor and lower bowl were packed. The mid tier was also fairly populated. There were even people in the very upper tier.

I will also say the band put on a great show. They sounded fantastic and looked like they were having a good time. They hadn't played in Richmond since 2000 (I WAS THERE!) so it was a fairly full arena and the crowd seemed to have a blast as well. Good luck with your count on this show.