FTR 2016 Show #38 - Bridgeport, CT - Sept. 7

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #38 - Bridgeport, CT - Sept. 7

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0907.php
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: FTR 2016 Show #38 - Bridgeport, CT - Sept. 7

Post by 41Mets »

"I Will Be There"

Floor seats on Gene's side about 10 rows away. Have not seen them since 2009.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

I'm catching the 4:15pm ferry outta Port Jeff! I always love that ride.
cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by cwr18 »

41Mets wrote:"I Will Be There"

Floor seats on Gene's side about 10 rows away. Have not seen them since 2009.
Good for you, Mets! Looking forward to your review!
lorakiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by lorakiss »

You're taking the ferry over? So you drive from Merrick to Port Jeff? I'm in Hicksville and thought about the ferry but didn't know if that was cost effective.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

lorakiss wrote:You're taking the ferry over? So you drive from Merrick to Port Jeff? I'm in Hicksville and thought about the ferry but didn't know if that was cost effective.
It's time effective.

Who knows what I-95 is gonna look like at that time of the day. I'm going with the sure thing. It's a block away from the arena and driving home at that time off he night will be a breeze.
rocksteady77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rocksteady77 »

I'm going with my bother. !st show for me since MSG, 1996. He's been to a dozen since then. We've got VIP tix & Meet & Greet. Pretty psyched!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Oh yeah!

The day is here!
CreaturesBaby82
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by CreaturesBaby82 »

SO PSYCHED
stormrider81
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by stormrider81 »

Just checked into the Holiday Inn over here in Bridgeport. Even though I've seen them twice already in the past week, I'm still excited!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Ferry bound!

Somebody get me a beer! :D
Attachments
image.jpeg
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

...and the whiskey's flowing!
Attachments
image.jpeg
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Let's hear it for the next generation KISS Army!!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
mamado

Post by mamado »

nibbler1982 wrote:...and the whiskey's flowing!
YAY!!! I LUV booze!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :flower:
vinniestkulick
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by vinniestkulick »

Weird set from Dead Daisies... Corabi did sound good, but THREE covers?!?
P.S. The place is half empty folks, at least when DD left the stage.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

vinniestkulick wrote:Weird set from Dead Daisies... Corabi did sound good, but THREE covers?!?
P.S. The place is half empty folks, at least when DD left the stage.
That's the same set they've been playing all tour.

You should come say hello VTK. You're definitely one of the guys that I'd love to continue one of our past exchanges in person! :D
carrfan76
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by carrfan76 »

Here is my review if anyone is interested.

Aside from the setlist I didn't do alot of research on this tour. I wanted some element of surprise when I went. I haven't seen them since the co-headline tour with Motley Crue.

Set: The lighting and pyro was stellar. It was weird that Paul, Eric, and Tommy levitated during Black Diamond but Gene was nowhere to be found. Then Tommy and Gene did it during RNR All Nite. I thought that was a little clunky. The set itself was boring and pretty unmemorable aside from the cool cherry pickers that went way out to the audience. The “Spider” (although I never saw it in person) was a step in the right direction. At this point if the only have a few tours left in them, they should bring back the old sets and costumes (Love Gun, Dynasty/Unmasked, Creatures, HITS). Heck, the Rock The Nation tour name would have went well with the Revenge set.
Costumes: Like above they should just do replicas of the old costumes. Even the Dynasty capes would be cool and they could just de-cartoonize them a bit. Gene’s costume was terrible as it looked like something that GWAR would wear but not in a good way. Paul’s is weird. Tommy and Eric’s are generic.

Set list and review/ramblings/thoughts of each:
1. Detroit Rock City- Sorry I can never get sick of this song it’s such a great song and always played great by the band
2. Deuce- See above- probably my favorite Gene song
3. Shout It Out Loud- I believe Paul did the splitting the crowd in half thing here. I loved it on the Animalize video and I know he has done it since. It’s fun to watch
4. Do You Love Me- They changed up the background vocals on this a bit and it sounded really good- I am miffed though because I didn’t know they switched out Creatures for this song. I have never seen Creatures played live.
5. I Love It Loud- One my favorites songs but let’s switch in something else in at this point.
6. Flaming Youth- Thank god- one rarity that they left in the set.
7. Bass Solo- Gene what very theatrical and changed it up a bit since I last saw them- at least he tries to mix up what he does in his spot
8. God of Thunder- OK we don’t need GOT and War Machine in the set at the same time- pick one or the other- no drum solo! I was shocked- but totally fine with it
9. Psycho Circus- Paul sounds like crap doing this song and it’s not a great song to begin with aside from the guitar solo- I think they still think this a “new” song but it isn’t. Put any other Paul song aside from this.
10. Shock Me- I still can’t get over Ace still not being in the band. I wish he was there. Peter can’t play drums anymore so Eric is fine being there- Rocket Ride would’ve been nice to hear for once
11. Guitar Solo- Tommy should do his own guitar solo rather than copping Ace’s- it’s so strange to me. Do something original Tommy!
12. Cold Gin- Let’s hear Ladies Room or something- overplayed
13. Lick It Up- My least favorite Kiss “hit”- I’d rather hear Crazy Nights or Hide Your Heart as I don’t think Paul can pull of Heaven’s On Fire or Tears Are Falling anymore so that’s why they aren’t in the set much. Paul thinks this still is some big song/crowd pleaser but it’s really not.
14. War Machine- I’d rather hear this over GOT- still one of my favorite live songs
15. Love Gun- OK Paul keep Love Gun in and get rid of Lick It Up….ok? Paul flies here and does his solo thing.
16. Black Diamond- This is a tired live song- I Want You would be great here instead of a solo Paul spot- I don’t anyone would care if they ditched this
17. Beth- I haven’t heard this live since Peter did it. Totally fine with this in the set and the band doing an electric version on top of it.
18. Rock and Roll All Nite- I know this has to stay in. It’s fine- Rock And Roll National Anthem.
Performance: Paul sounded pretty good. I think he got a secret surgery on his vocal cords again as he sounds much better than he did a few years ago on the Crue tour. He is still shouting in between songs of course. Everyone else was good. Tommy changed up a couple rhythm things here and there which was nice to see him not being a complete copycat for once.

Crowd/Arena: Tons of kids. Crowd wasn’t that crazy. I was 20 rows back on Gene’s side (as I will never be on Tommy’s side- what’s the point of that?). Perfect sightline to see all the stuff going on. Small arena so I guess maybe that’s why the set was small because of the venues they were playing?

Overall I’m glad I went and probably the best I have seen them play since the Alive 35 tour.
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

This was a pretty good show, enjoyable and I had maybe my best seats ever at a Kiss show, 10 rows on Gene's side on the aisle near center stage. The floor seats were so cramped together I felt like I was even closer.

Was great to meet nibbler before the show, a definite highlight. Paul is still at the top of his game as a showman in terms of effort and energy. Gene hits all the marks as a singer and bassist. Eric does an expected great job keeping the beat. Tommy is adequate for those who may see the band for the first time or like him more as a performer more than I do, he fills the role he has to. I respect that others enjoy him more than I do, it's all subjective really, but to me he does nothing original and is just a backdrop.

Overall it's still a great time to see a KISS show and be at the arena and see Gene and Paul still playing my favorite tunes. I don't like certain things about this lineup but they still put on a pretty good show.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

41Mets wrote:This was a pretty good show, enjoyable and I had maybe my best seats ever at a Kiss show, 10 rows on Gene's side on the aisle near center stage. The floor seats were so cramped together I felt like I was even closer.

Was great to meet nibbler before the show, a definite highlight. Paul is still at the top of his game as a showman in terms of effort and energy. Gene hits all the marks as a singer and bassist. Eric does an expected great job keeping the beat. Tommy is adequate for those who may see the band for the first time or like him more as a performer more than I do, he fills the role he has to. I respect that others enjoy him more than I do, it's all subjective really, but to me he does nothing original and is just a backdrop.

Overall it's still a great time to see a KISS show and be at the arena and see Gene and Paul still playing my favorite tunes. I don't like certain things about this lineup but they still put on a pretty good show.
Good meeting you too Mets. See you at PlayStation Theater with the Ace!

Great show. I'm happy the cherry pickers were up and working. Some shows have slightly different accoutrements. This one was firing on all pistons. As for the pre requisite critique on Tommy? All things being equal I think we'd all like to see Ace up there. That being said I love TT and I think he's a most capable Spaceman. I'm surprised how full the place was. I guess it was a solid walk up. Of course more on that in another thread. :D

KISS Army forever
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

nibbler1982 wrote:accoutrements
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

nibbler1982 wrote:
41Mets wrote:This was a pretty good show, enjoyable and I had maybe my best seats ever at a Kiss show, 10 rows on Gene's side on the aisle near center stage. The floor seats were so cramped together I felt like I was even closer.

Great show. I'm happy the cherry pickers were up and working. Some shows have slightly different accoutrements. This one was firing on all pistons. As for the pre requisite critique on Tommy? All things being equal I think we'd all like to see Ace up there. That being said I love TT and I think he's a most capable Spaceman. I'm surprised how full the place was. I guess it was a solid walk up. Of course more on that in another thread. :D

KISS Army forever
I know you like Tommy and that is cool. We all see it differently. There's only one true Spaceman as far as I am concerned, but I still had a really good time!
lorakiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by lorakiss »

Great show! Great experience. Row 1 dead center helps the experience stay fresh! I touched the curtain!! I was right where Paul splits the crowd. :-)

setlist was as one would expect. They still put on a great show. They have More energy than I have. My legs and back were sore from standing, but these guys keep kicking ass!! Seeing them again at Mohegan. Taking my gf for her first ever Kiss show.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

41Mets wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

KISS Army forever
I know you like Tommy and that is cool. We all see it differently. There's only one true Spaceman as far as I am concerned, but I still had a really good time!
I love Tommy. At the same token I also believe he's the least talented guitarist KISS ever had. One has no bearing on the other. I've seen sixty(ish) KISS shows with TT playing lead guitar. I'm thankful for his contribution to the band and I'll always be for it. I've made my feelings known a thousand times over...now if Ace were to come back? Tommy, it's be real, it's been fun...but don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out the door. However...as a business owner I can REALLY relate to Paul and Gene's decision to go with are current Spaceman and if that's the the way the story ends so be it.

I honestly love KISS in all it's incarnations. It's too bad a lot of you feel the same way.
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

nibbler1982 wrote:
41Mets wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

KISS Army forever
I love Tommy. At the same token I also believe he's the least talented guitarist KISS ever had. One has no bearing on the other. I've seen sixty(ish) KISS shows with TT playing lead guitar. I'm thankful for his contribution to the band and I'll always be for it. I've made my feelings known a thousand times over...now if Ace were to come back? Tommy, it's be real, it's been fun...but don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out the door. However...as a business owner I can REALLY relate to Paul and Gene's decision to go with are current Spaceman and if that's the the way the story ends so be it.

I honestly love KISS in all it's incarnations. It's too bad a lot of you feel the same way.
I think his contributions to the band are mostly of the non-original nature and he does not impress me much at all. I don't lose sleep over it, though and I still enjoy the show. It is what it is and I still go with the flow even though I don't agree with it. No two fans have to see the same way on it. Where I see him one way you see him another, and like many forms of art, it's subjective. I still enjoy Kiss despite its perceived flaws, we all have different perceptions about what their flaws have been at one time or another, no one is going to accept or like everything they do and that's just fine. You either like something or you don't, there aren't any rules, it's about how you feel and if something moves you or not. I've still had a great time being a Kiss fan without just accepting everything they do. If I don't care for him and you do, I am glad you are having a great time, because in the end, we're Kiss Army brothers.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

lorakiss wrote:Great show! Great experience. Row 1 dead center helps the experience stay fresh! I touched the curtain!! I was right where Paul splits the crowd. :-)

setlist was as one would expect. They still put on a great show. They have More energy than I have. My legs and back were sore from standing, but these guys keep kicking ass!! Seeing them again at Mohegan. Taking my gf for her first ever Kiss show.
Good to see you out and about, bro!!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

41Mets wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
41Mets wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

KISS Army forever

I think his contributions to the band are mostly of the non-original nature and he does not impress me much at all. I don't lose sleep over it, though and I still enjoy the show. It is what it is and I still go with the flow even though I don't agree with it. No two fans have to see the same way on it. Where I see him one way you see him another, and like many forms of art, it's subjective. I still enjoy Kiss despite its perceived flaws, we all have different perceptions about what their flaws have been at one time or another, no one is going to accept or like everything they do and that's just fine. You either like something or you don't, there aren't any rules, it's about how you feel and if something moves you or not. I've still had a great time being a Kiss fan without just accepting everything they do. If I don't care for him and you do, I am glad you are having a great time, because in the end, we're Kiss Army brothers.
Amen.