FTR 2016 Show #36 - Worcester, MA - Sept. 3

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #36 - Worcester, MA - Sept. 3

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0903.php
stormrider81
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: FTR 2016 Show #36 - Worcester, MA - Sept. 3

Post by stormrider81 »

I can't wait! Show #38. My wife and I are taking her 14 year old Niece. Not only her first KISS concert, but her first concert in general!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

I'm not sure if this one is curtained off or not. Ether way it's nice seeing the "NOT MANT LEFT" sign up.

You guys are my eyes. It would be great to hear first hand from one of you.
Attachments
image.jpeg
danran1271
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by danran1271 »

It may be selling out now because they dropped pricing on some of the seats. I was able to upgrade to section 1 from section 7 because the pricing went down. I'm excited it should be a great show.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

danran1271 wrote:It may be selling out now because they dropped pricing on some of the seats. I was able to upgrade to section 1 from section 7 because the pricing went down. I'm excited it should be a great show.
I full well understand the price reductions, I'm just wondering if they're still working on a full map. We'll all find out soon enough. Enjoy the show brother!
daltonic1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by daltonic1 »

i'm going.
row S section 1.
might have an extra ticket, if anyone wants to go.
i'll know by the end of today, for sure.
warmachine1970
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by warmachine1970 »

This will be my 36th Kiss concert and doing the meet and greet anybody else? :D
godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by godofthunder1969 »

My son and I will be there!
warmachine1970
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by warmachine1970 »

Awesome show as usual.First time sitting in the front row :D
godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

nibbler1982 wrote:I'm not sure if this one is curtained off or not. Ether way it's nice seeing the "NOT MANY LEFT" sign up.

Nibs, I'll be your eyes for last nite. The available seating was essentially sold-out but the 2nd level was partially curtained off as follows. The rear was fully open. The sides were curtained off after about the first 4 or 5 rows. How's that? Bet you can give us the numbers with that haha!

Great show as always. My son and I had a blast. Paul sounded like today's Paul. No surprise. I felt like he mighta been pushing a bit too hard here and there which I thought he had gottten more under control of late. Maybe he was extra excited,I dunno! See ya in Bridgeport!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

godofthunder1969 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:I'm not sure if this one is curtained off or not. Ether way it's nice seeing the "NOT MANY LEFT" sign up.

Nibs, I'll be your eyes for last nite. The available seating was essentially sold-out but the 2nd level was partially curtained off as follows. The rear was fully open. The sides were curtained off after about the first 4 or 5 rows. How's that? Bet you can give us the numbers with that haha!

Great show as always. My son and I had a blast. Paul sounded like today's Paul. No surprise. I felt like he mighta been pushing a bit too hard here and there which I thought he had gottten more under control of late. Maybe he was extra excited,I dunno! See ya in Bridgeport!
Thanks for the update brother. It's gonna be hard to figure out that number without going to a good ol' fashioned dot count! I'm a little busy at the moment but I assure you I'm on the case and it'll be up before Tuesday's Billboard Boxscores are posted. I'm glad you and yours had a blast. When it's all said and done that's what it's all about.

See you in Bridgeport.
daltonic1

Post by daltonic1 »

yeah, they def. packed in the folks in the sections that were open. but obviously behind the stage was empty and 5 rows of the balcony was the only seating available.

crowd was enthusiastic.

gene def. called the crowd Rhode Island in Deuce and the "all right worcester" guy called it Worchester which is just a garbage move, unless it was tongue in cheek.
godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

nibbler1982 wrote:
godofthunder1969 wrote:

Thanks for the update brother. It's gonna be hard to figure out that number without going to a good ol' fashioned dot count! I'm a little busy at the moment but I assure you I'm on the case and it'll be up before Tuesday's Billboard Boxscores are posted. I'm glad you and yours had a blast. When it's all said and done that's what it's all about.

See you in Bridgeport.
Hey I'm missing something here and maybe you can clear it up. Saturday in Worcester was my first time at the "Centrum" and I felt like it was smaller than I expected and I guesstimated around 5000 which is in line with your reported audience. I was then surprised when I read that concert capacity is 14800 (although Alive Forever has the Reunion show sold-out at 12K+) so I figured I just stink at estimating venue size haha and figured it had to have have been 10K +/-. Upper decks were curtained off after 4 or 5 rows and the back was fully open. The side sections couldn't account for 7K empty seats. Help me out brotha!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

godofthunder1969 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
godofthunder1969 wrote:

See you in Bridgeport.
Hey I'm missing something here and maybe you can clear it up. Saturday in Worcester was my first time at the "Centrum" and I felt like it was smaller than I expected and I guesstimated around 5000 which is in line with your reported audience. I was then surprised when I read that concert capacity is 14800 (although Alive Forever has the Reunion show sold-out at 12K+) so I figured I just stink at estimating venue size haha and figured it had to have have been 10K +/-. Upper decks were curtained off after 4 or 5 rows and the back was fully open. The side sections couldn't account for 7K empty seats. Help me out brotha!
It's all about configuration brother. Their 14,800 is a little ambitious. Every time I read a max capacity at a venue the only way it could possibly reach that number is by seating EVERY section behind the stage and having a general admission floor. A regular end stage probably seats ~10,500. Here's a few diagrams so you can see it. The one you were at was the fourth one down. In that one you could see the sides not seated would account for the extra ~4,500
Attachments
image.gif
image.gif
image.gif
image.gif
image.gif
godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Ah ok, so the Reunion Tour would have used the third configuration. They must have sold a few extras this time then because they did open up all of 203-239 in the back.

Ever the gentleman and scholar, thanks!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

godofthunder1969 wrote:Ah ok, so the Reunion Tour would have used the third configuration. They must have sold a few extras this time then because they did open up all of 203-239 in the back.

Ever the gentleman and scholar, thanks!
Anytime.
myKISSpalace14
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by myKISSpalace14 »

if anyone saw/or took a picture of the guy in the Elder/Creatures Ace Suit.. ( that was me) the reactions were funny n odd at times. i was even asked Who /what that from?