FTR 2016 Show #34 - State College, PA - Aug. 30

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #34 - State College, PA - Aug. 30

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0830.php
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: FTR 2016 Show #34 - State College, PA - Aug. 30

Post by Wicked_Chester »

I'll be at this one, my hometown show, sitting 7th row on Gene's side. It'll be my 91st KISS concert. From what I've heard, the upper level of the Bryce Jordan Center has been closed off and those with seats up there have been relocated to the lower level. Students are back and the weather is supposed to be good so maybe there will be some heavy walk up ticket buyers to fill the place up. Ticket sales were rather sluggish for this show.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Wicked_Chester wrote:I'll be at this one, my hometown show, sitting 7th row on Gene's side. It'll be my 91st KISS concert. From what I've heard, the upper level of the Bryce Jordan Center has been closed off and those with seats up there have been relocated to the lower level. Students are back and the weather is supposed to be good so maybe there will be some heavy walk up ticket buyers to fill the place up. Ticket sales were rather sluggish for this show.
One of the worst selling ones on this tour. The place is now cut to ~5,500. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna hit that either.

Let's hear it for walk up!!! :D
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

Wicked_Chester wrote: It'll be my 91st KISS concert.
Gotta be shitting me, man. Do you keep a list or something?
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

diabloarcade wrote:
Wicked_Chester wrote: It'll be my 91st KISS concert.
Gotta be shitting me, man. Do you keep a list or something?
Not a formal list, no. When I see them a couple times every year or two it's easy to remember the number. I do have all my ticket stubs, though!
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Wicked_Chester wrote:I'll be at this one, my hometown show, sitting 7th row on Gene's side. It'll be my 91st KISS concert. From what I've heard, the upper level of the Bryce Jordan Center has been closed off and those with seats up there have been relocated to the lower level. Students are back and the weather is supposed to be good so maybe there will be some heavy walk up ticket buyers to fill the place up. Ticket sales were rather sluggish for this show.
One of the worst selling ones on this tour. The place is now cut to ~5,500. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna hit that either.

Rock shows just don't sell in my area. In this same venue, an upcoming Disturbed show is selling worse than KISS, Green Day cancelled, the re-united Van Halen cancelled, Bon Jovi didn't sell out, Eagles didn't sell out, Paul McCartney barely sold out. However, the talentless hack known as Kanye West sells a shit ton of tickets as do most country artists. I guess that's just the nature of my geographic location: 60,000 20 year olds (PSU) or 40,000+ hillbillies (State College/Centre County). I'm just happy that the KISS show wasn't cancelled!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Wicked_Chester wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

Rock shows just don't sell in my area. In this same venue, an upcoming Disturbed show is selling worse than KISS, Green Day cancelled, the re-united Van Halen cancelled, Bon Jovi didn't sell out, Eagles didn't sell out, Paul McCartney barely sold out. However, the talentless hack known as Kanye West sells a shit ton of tickets as do most country artists. I guess that's just the nature of my geographic location: 60,000 20 year olds (PSU) or 40,000+ hillbillies (State College/Centre County). I'm just happy that the KISS show wasn't cancelled!
I happy for you too brother. A cancelled KISS show? That would just about break my heart. It appears PA has treated KISS quite well on their other two shows.

Like Michael Lee Aday days, two out of three ain't bad. :D
Coventry73
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Coventry73 »

Ill be there to! 7th row. Gene's side , with my 8 year old nephew, wife and brother. Its my nephews first Kiss concert, 2nd concert this summer!
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

Coventry73 wrote:Ill be there to! 7th row. Gene's side , with my 8 year old nephew, wife and brother. Its my nephews first Kiss concert, 2nd concert this summer!

Awesome! Look left. I'll be the guy in the KISS t-shirt! :D

Seriously though, have a blast! I'm excited for your nephew. I can't even imagine his reaction tonight. I'll be watching him as much as the band!
kissologistna
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by kissologistna »

Was it at least half sold? I saw them there on the Psycho Circus tour and the turnout was a disappointment to say the least.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

kissologistna wrote:Was it at least half sold? I saw them there on the Psycho Circus tour and the turnout was a disappointment to say the least.
It's definitely in the same neighborhood of the 5,477 Psycho Circus drew.

I'm not sure in you mean "half" or a "quarter" full? It really depends on what point of view you're looking at it. Since they shunted all available seating to the lower tiers the place was approaching sold out! :D
Attachments
image.jpeg
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

nibbler1982 wrote:
kissologistna wrote:Was it at least half sold? I saw them there on the Psycho Circus tour and the turnout was a disappointment to say the least.

I'm not sure in you mean "half" or a "quarter" full? It really depends on what point of view you're looking at it. Since they shunted all available seating to the lower tiers the place was approaching sold out! :D
There were a few places that were obviously empty, but was pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd, given the sluggish ticket sales. The crowd was more enthusiastic than I expected, too... at first. By "God of Thunder", the crowd responses were pretty lackluster for the most part. The merch selection was pretty thin and generic, at least by KISS standards. There was one item, though, that I thought was pretty cool and unique. It was a very detailed, mini version of Tommy's signature 'White Lightning' Epiphone. It was autographed by Tommy and came in a simulated guitar case (cardboard) with a stand and a signature 'Freedom to Rock' tour pick. It's just shy of 12 inches long and looks fantastic displayed on my desk. Anyway... The staging was simple but quite visual. The band sounded great. Paul sounded better than the last couple tours, IMO. Highlights for me were "Flaming Youth" (sounded AWESOME) and "Black Diamond" (LOVE the way they're playing this on the current tour). Until next time...
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

Coventry73 wrote:Ill be there to! 7th row. Gene's side , with my 8 year old nephew, wife and brother. Its my nephews first Kiss concert, 2nd concert this summer!
I think I bumped into you in passing. Between The Dead Daisies and KISS, I was walking down to the floor area and believe you and your nephew were walking up. I made a comment to your nephew on how cool his KISS shirt was (and it WAS cool!). Of course I could be wrong... :D
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Wicked_Chester wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

There were a few places that were obviously empty, but was pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd, given the sluggish ticket sales. The crowd was more enthusiastic than I expected, too... at first. By "God of Thunder", the crowd responses were pretty lackluster for the most part. The merch selection was pretty thin and generic, at least by KISS standards. There was one item, though, that I thought was pretty cool and unique. It was a very detailed, mini version of Tommy's signature 'White Lightning' Epiphone. It was autographed by Tommy and came in a simulated guitar case (cardboard) with a stand and a signature 'Freedom to Rock' tour pick. It's just shy of 12 inches long and looks fantastic displayed on my desk. Anyway... The staging was simple but quite visual. The band sounded great. Paul sounded better than the last couple tours, IMO. Highlights for me were "Flaming Youth" (sounded AWESOME) and "Black Diamond" (LOVE the way they're playing this on the current tour). Until next time...
Was the top tier full out curtained off like it appeared on the map?
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Wicked_Chester wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

Was the top tier full out curtained off like it appeared on the map?

Yessir. Those that had tickets for the upper deck were relocated.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

What seats? I was 7th row Gene's side too.
Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Smekaren »

Coventry73
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Coventry73 »

Wicked_Chester wrote:
I think I bumped into you in passing. Between The Dead Daisies and KISS, I was walking down to the floor area and believe you and your nephew were walking up. I made a comment to your nephew on how cool his KISS shirt was (and it WAS cool!). Of course I could be wrong... :D

Yeah!! that was us!!! He loved the show!!! His face when Gene flew up was priceless, worth a thousand words!!
Coventry73
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Coventry73 »

Ren5150 wrote:
What seats? I was 7th row Gene's side too.

I was in seats 108- 111.