FTR 2016 Show #18 - Duluth, MN - Aug. 3

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #18 - Duluth, MN - Aug. 3

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0803.php
KingOfHearts89
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: FTR 2016 Show #18 - Duluth, MN - Aug. 3

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

According to Setlist.com KISS added Do you love me? for Creatures Of The Night. I don't know why Psycho Circus hasn't been took out yet.... :lol:
shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by shupey »

KingOfHearts89 wrote:According to Setlist.com KISS added Do you love me? for Creatures Of The Night. I don't know why Psycho Circus hasn't been took out yet.... :lol:
Hope that is true. Seeing them again on Saturday. Paul and Tommy both struggle with COTN. Paul doesn't sound bad on Psycho Circus.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Mr. Bennett is definitely an originalist, and judging by the sheer volume of reviews his opinion is the exception not the rule.

But at the end of the day he begrudgingly gives the devil their due. I wonder if he posts here at the FAQ. :D

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/featur ... ies-senses
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Damn. Hilarious review.
shupey

Post by shupey »

While KISS will never be widely considered one of the best bands of all time, it was hard to stand in the audience during their bombastic Olympic opening-ceremonies performance – perhaps the last one they'll ever do in Duluth, given their ages and the fact that they last played here in 1990 – and think that there will ever be anyone else who knows how to put on a spectacle as well as they do. Plus, hey, “Deuce” is a pretty good tune, right?

Very fair review. The patriotic part does tend to go on and on but works if you are seeing it for the first time. The last paragraph of the review sums it up pretty nicely. Maybe they are not now, never were, or never will be one of the best but the boys do put on one hell of a show. (of course to me, no one can hold a candle to them)
lespaul
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by lespaul »

he were right about Singer and Tommy
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

shupey wrote:
KingOfHearts89 wrote:According to Setlist.com KISS added Do you love me? for Creatures Of The Night. I don't know why Psycho Circus hasn't been took out yet.... :lol:
Hope that is true. Seeing them again on Saturday. Paul and Tommy both struggle with COTN. Paul doesn't sound bad on Psycho Circus.
My issue with Psycho is that it's been on tour after tour and it isn't what I'd consider a classic and all the other songs are in 74-83 it just seems weird. Must say Do You Love Me fits so well with current Kiss, also means that 1/3 of the setlist is destroyer tunes. KOTNTW for Psycho Circus would make the setlist even better!
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by 67321 »

shupey wrote:Paul doesn't sound bad on Psycho Circus.

Agreed. I hope it stays in the set. The version from the Monster tour back in '12/'13 was actually pretty decent. It's from Zurich.
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Definitely a very fair and balanced review. It's really easy to overlook the flaws when you see the show in person - I saw them in Paris last year and Jones Beach NY the previous year, both brilliant shows to attend (Paris was one of the best I've ever seen them) but far less impressive to watch on Youtube.
ACESTATION

Post by ACESTATION »

Admin wrote:Damn. Hilarious review.
:D back in the late 90's-early 2000's I used to supply concert review article links for a couple of then well known unofficial KISS fan websites and reviews like this were always my favorite for some reason. The websites would always post my name as credit for providing the article and a lot of readers would click on my email and attack me as if I was the one who wrote it. lol.