FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0718.php
JohnBergless
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by JohnBergless »

Sorry, my fellow Colorado peeps...I'm sitting this one out. Should be a neat setting down there, inside CC's arena...not as big as Pepsi Center. Nice and close up. Have a great time if you're going.
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

I'll be there this evening, eighth row, floor, dead center. (Purchased my tickets from the box office this morning.) In general, how long have Caleb Johnson's opening sets been? More specifically, when has KISS's set begun after the concert's scheduled start time? Thanks.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

badmachineogm wrote:I'll be there this evening, eighth row, floor, dead center. (Purchased my tickets from the box office this morning.) In general, how long have Caleb Johnson's opening sets been? More specifically, when has KISS's set begun after the concert's scheduled start time? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure KISS have been going on at 8:30.
G6O6A6T
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by G6O6A6T »

JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

I was kind of hoping they'd play at DU's arena and not CC's! I guess they skipped Denver thinking they'd draw people from Denver up to Cheyenne Days and not down to the Springs.
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Any info on the setlist - or reviews?
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

The performance last night was outstanding - this coming from a fan of 40 years who had seen the original line-up on several occasions during the classic era, several non-make-up performances, the turgid reunion shows, as well as a couple other Singer/Thayer tours. Those of you who are haters of the current line-up need to move on - really. Stanley/Simmons/Singer/Thayer, musically, is KISS at its best since Alive I. Some observations from last night's show:

1. Set list was identical to recent shows. The Creatures and Psycho Circus material brought the energy level down compared to the other selections. I would advocate for replacing these numbers with sections from Sonic Boom or Monster. No, I'm neither stoned nor stupid. The current material is closer in feel to classic KISS. Flaming Youth was strong - much, much better than its limited run at the start of the Destroyer tour.

2. Paul was not strong in voice - no surprise there - but he didn't embarrass himself with his performance. There were very few wince-worthy moments. The problem with Paul, I believe, is his disengagement from the rest of the band. Simply put, when the spotlight wasn't on him, he seemed and frequently was removed from the rest of the band. Gene, Eric and Tommy performed as a team - not Paul.

3. The World Arena was 90%+ full - over 6000 bodies. Loved seeing the many generations in attendance, in and out of make-up, all having a good time. This tour of secondary markets is a good move by the organization. It's impossible to know, but it's doubtful that anyone left the show yesterday disappointed.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

badmachineogm wrote:The performance last night was outstanding - this coming from a fan of 40 years who had seen the original line-up on several occasions during the classic era, several non-make-up performances, the turgid reunion shows, as well as a couple other Singer/Thayer tours. Those of you who are haters of the current line-up need to move on - really. Stanley/Simmons/Singer/Thayer, musically, is KISS at its best since Alive I. Some observations from last night's show:

1. Set list was identical to recent shows. The Creatures and Psycho Circus material brought the energy level down compared to the other selections. I would advocate for replacing these numbers with sections from Sonic Boom or Monster. No, I'm neither stoned nor stupid. The current material is closer in feel to classic KISS. Flaming Youth was strong - much, much better than its limited run at the start of the Destroyer tour.

2. Paul was not strong in voice - no surprise there - but he didn't embarrass himself with his performance. There were very few wince-worthy moments. The problem with Paul, I believe, is his disengagement from the rest of the band. Simply put, when the spotlight wasn't on him, he seemed and frequently was removed from the rest of the band. Gene, Eric and Tommy performed as a team - not Paul.

3. The World Arena was 90%+ full - over 6000 bodies. Loved seeing the many generations in attendance, in and out of make-up, all having a good time. This tour of secondary markets is a good move by the organization. It's impossible to know, but it's doubtful that anyone left the show yesterday disappointed.
I'm so glad you had a great time. Nothing quite like KISS live huh? Electric Church baby!!! I hear you loud and clear. Can't wait for my first show in Youngstown and I just picked up tickets for Mohegan Sun this morning.

KISS Army forever
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

A photo I had taken from the Springs. Let me know if you'd like to see some more.
Attachments
image.jpeg
KF73
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KF73 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
badmachineogm wrote:The performance last night was outstanding - this coming from a fan of 40 years who had seen the original line-up on several occasions during the classic era, several non-make-up performances, the turgid reunion shows, as well as a couple other Singer/Thayer tours. Those of you who are haters of the current line-up need to move on - really. Stanley/Simmons/Singer/Thayer, musically, is KISS at its best since Alive I. Some observations from last night's show:

I'm so glad you had a great time. Nothing quite like KISS live huh? Electric Church baby!!! I hear you loud and clear. Can't wait for my first show in Youngstown and I just picked up tickets for Mohegan Sun this morning.

KISS Army forever
When did they add Mohegan Sun? As in Uncasville?
px74

Post by px74 »

badmachineogm wrote:A photo I had taken from the Springs. Let me know if you'd like to see some more.

Please go ahead - great shot!
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

Beth, I hear you calling.... (Who's dos? Is dis Petah? I wanna tawk to Petah!!)
Attachments
image.jpeg
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KF73 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

KISS Army forever
When did they add Mohegan Sun? As in Uncasville?
Yes, my brother. Gots mines!
black diamond
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by black diamond »

69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Review attached.
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Never heard Eric calling out Tommy Thayer, pretty cool!
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Never heard Eric calling out Tommy Thayer, pretty cool!
Great clip! Tommy rocks it!