Dec. 7 - Anaheim, CA (SpACE Invader)

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Dec. 7 - Anaheim, CA (SpACE Invader)

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Go Ace!
Namrag
Banned

Re: Dec. 7 - Anaheim, CA (SpACE Invader)

Post by Namrag »

This Ohio boy is flying in on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to the show.
hardrockfan818
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by hardrockfan818 »

Ace at Disneyland! :D I am still deciding whether or not to go and if I do, to just make a day of it and visit Disneyland and/or Disney's California Adventure beforehand..
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

I'm sucking it up and driving down from Nor Cal. Looking forward to another awesome show from the Ace man!

Last saw him at the Viper Room in 2009. Go Ace! I will toast him Sunday night baby! :D
Eng74
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Eng74 »

Going down after work on Saturday. Doing the meet and greet package. Could be the only chance to do this with Ace. Good deal since had the ticket too.
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

So, I've never been to this venue before. It's at Disneyland?!?!? How's parking? I surely don't need a ticket to Disney do I?

Any help is appreciated :scratch:
Jendellian_Rock_Soldier
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Jendellian_Rock_Soldier »

brovarnmm wrote:So, I've never been to this venue before. It's at Disneyland?!?!? How's parking? I surely don't need a ticket to Disney do I?

Any help is appreciated :scratch:
There is a lot close to "downtown disney" which is the area where the venue is as well as lots all around the area.
no, you do not need a disney ticket.
Eng74
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Eng74 »

You can park in the parking structure which is right off Disneyland Drive and Ball or keep going down DL Dr and take the next right the. A left into the Downtown Disney parking. If you park there HOB should validate your parking and it will be cheaper then. Parking structure is $16 or $17 for the day.
Trout_Player
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Trout_Player »

I shall be there
ScottP
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ScottP »

brovarnmm wrote:I'm sucking it up and driving down from Nor Cal. Looking forward to another awesome show from the Ace man!

Last saw him at the Viper Room in 2009. Go Ace! I will toast him Sunday night baby! :D
I was at that show also. AMAZING night for this life-long Ace fan. Can't wait to see him tonight.
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

Reporting live from Anaheim Ca. The happiest place on earth! The opening act just left the stage and Ace has 32 people still waiting in line for the M/G. I hope this works out ok. I asked someone in line who said the line is Not moving.
Still looking forward to Ace!! Over and out Ace Fans!
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

10:10 pm. Still no Ace. I was hoping he'd hit the stage at 9. :|
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

Crowds booing. Still no Ace. M/G appears to have cleared. Reporting live from the Southland......
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

I think the crowd would even applaud Baby Driver at this point! Still waiting.........
ScottP
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ScottP »

10:25 finally!!
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

Here we go! Finally!
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

I'm a die hard like most on the FAQ but I have to admit the crowd is going shit brains here in Anaheim for the overdone KISS material. Love Gun, Strutter etc. I fear the place might empty out with Dark Light, leaving no one but me and the bartender. .....not that there's anything wrong with that.....ok. I think we're going into Strange Ways here so I'm signing off here from Anaheim. ..........
hardrockfan818
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by hardrockfan818 »

Sounds like Ace was having too much fun at Disneyland/Disney's California Adventure... I know this is extremely unlikely, but I'd love to see pictures of Ace and his band with some of the Disney characters at the Park! :D
HarleyQuinn
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Did he ride Space Mountain?

I hope that anyone who went had a good time. I have to go to work tomorrow and I was at Disneyland Saturday which is why I decided to not go. I am hoping for an LA show as it is closer.
hardrockfan818
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by hardrockfan818 »

HarleyQuinn wrote:Did he ride Space Mountain?

I hope that anyone who went had a good time. I have to go to work tomorrow and I was at Disneyland Saturday which is why I decided to not go. I am hoping for an LA show as it is closer.
I'm hoping for an LA show as well :D and lucky, I haven't been to Disneyland in a while but the times I have gone, I always made it a priority to ride Space Mountain.. It has to be one of the best roller coasters in the Los Angeles theme park region..
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Prolly doing multiple runs on the Star Wars ride.
ScottP
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ScottP »

Good show from Ace. Have to say that I, and the rest of the packed venue, were quite upset with the nearly hour and a half wait after the opening act. Yes, there was booing. And deservedly so.

You've seen the set list - he played them all. Little confused why the entire Anomaly album was shut out from the list though. I actually enjoy that album more than Space Invader. :?

Ace was in great form though. And this was my first time seeing the Ritchie Scarlet show. Man, that guy performs like a kid home alone in the living room with his dad's hi-fi cranked (we've all done it :D ) Quite the "Rock Star." Got a pick though :lol:

He promised more dates. I hope he makes it to L.A.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Deuce :

Snowblind :
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Cold Gin :
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

First, what a horrible area for a show. Every single bar / restaurant had a 2hr or more wait. Too many people to fight with. And most of the crowd had zero to do with Ace. They were there for Disney or the NFL games on TV.

Second, the opening act was very good. The lead singer / guitarist was the star of the band, and was a very good front man.

Third, people were PISSED waiting on Ace. The openers were off stage by 8:15 (being generous with that). Ace came on at 10:30. Multiple times during the wait there was heavy booing and chants of "where's Ace". I was in the lower level, and EVERYBODY was pissed at having to wait so long. People can make all the excuses for Ace that they want, but plain and simple, making us wait over 2 hours is bullshit.

Fourth, Ace and the band sounded tight. They really sounded well rehearsed and good (except for the dueling guitars in Too Young To Die. Once again, that portion was sloppy and ameturish).

Fifth, anyone who say that Ace is slimming down is delusional. His gut is HUGE. And his moobs put to shame any that Paul had several years ago. And his topper appears to start in the middle of the top of his head!

Sixth, without Ritchie and the drummer Ace's set would have been very low energy. Yes Ritchie can be over the top, but atleast you know he has a pulse. Ace barely moved, and when he did it was very slowly. Ritchie overshadowed Ace as a front man. The drummer was very energetic as well. And I really liked his singing voice.

Seventh, Ace repeated his juvenile comments about Pauls singing, and his juvenile pro-drug snark about Paul and Gene being the only ones not to be coke-heads.

Overall it was a fun show. The KISS tunes got a much bigger pop than any of Ace's solo material. Ace played about 105 minutes, so a solid long set. That was awesome.

I have some cool pictures I will try to post.
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

Pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

Pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
ScottP
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ScottP »

Namrag, we may have been standing right next to each other. I was also on the right side (Richie side) about 4 deep. Right next to the stairs to the bar.

Agree with all your points. :thumleft:
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

ScottP wrote:Namrag, we may have been standing right next to each other. I was also on the right side (Richie side) about 4 deep. Right next to the stairs to the bar.

I also agree that it is a spot on post. Except for the part about 2 Young to Die. I thought it rocked and thought that the guitar exchange was really cool.

I bounced around a lot and I think I talked to you as I spent some time in that same area and spoke to a dude shooting pics. You said you were also at the Ramona show the night before.

Anyway, an awesome show. The only thing I would add is that I think Richies voice sucks. He sounds like a chronic smoker. Did he sing the original version of TYTD on TW? I had always thought it was Peter Criss who sang it :oops:
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

I'm wondering if my timeline is off? I am still operating on Eastern Standard Time and switching to Pacific time in my head, and it's confusing... I think the doors opened at 7:30, and the openers came on at 8:30? They didn't play much more than a half hour, so 9:00 - 9:15.
Then I swear it was over 2 hours until Ace hit the stage, right?
But then I know that I left HOB at around 12:15 at the end of the show, after Ace played for about 1 hour 45 minutes.

I'm missing an hour somewhere in there.
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

ScottP wrote:Namrag, we may have been standing right next to each other. I was also on the right side (Richie side) about 4 deep. Right next to the stairs to the bar.

I don't think so. I was in the back on the raised area, not all the way down on the floor. I was leaning on the rail to the floor at the back right hand corner.
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

brovarnmm wrote:

I also agree that it is a spot on post. Except for the part about 2 Young to Die. I thought it rocked and thought that the guitar exchange was really cool.

I bounced around a lot and I think I talked to you as I spent some time in that same area and spoke to a dude shooting pics. You said you were also at the Ramona show the night before.

Anyway, an awesome show. The only thing I would add is that I think Richies voice sucks. He sounds like a chronic smoker. Did he sing the original version of TYTD on TW? I had always thought it was Peter Criss who sang it :oops:
I don't think we spoke. I was in the back on the right hand side, by the bar. I ended up leaning on the rail bordering the lower floor area.
And I wasn't at the Ramona show.

I talked to a guy for a long time who says he is the guitarist in Mindwars, a thrash band that tours Europe.

I was literally 8-10 feet from the back corner on the bar on the right (Ritchie's side).

I had a blast though. Great time, even though I was walking back to the hotel at 12:30, which was 3:30 for me!
Eng74
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Eng74 »

Namrag wrote:I'm wondering if my timeline is off? I am still operating on Eastern Standard Time and switching to Pacific time in my head, and it's confusing... I think the doors opened at 7:30, and the openers came on at 8:30? They didn't play much more than a half hour, so 9:00 - 9:15.
Then I swear it was over 2 hours until Ace hit the stage, right?
But then I know that I left HOB at around 12:15 at the end of the show, after Ace played for about 1 hour 45 minutes.

I'm missing an hour somewhere in there.
The doors opened about 8 pm and Ace went on at around 10:00. He didn't start the meet and greet until the openers set was done about 9. He was good during the meet and greet which I did. Ace was talking with the fans during the meet and greet and that did slow it up and signing 4 or five things for each person. Also there were a lot of people who did the meet ant greet. Once he hit the stage the show was great. Loved the set list. I have stayed away from the show reviews so I would be surprised of what he was playing. When it came to the Kiss songs played, alway great to hear the solos by Ace, played by Ace. He really showed how much faith in the new album he has by playing 4 songs off of the album. I haven't seen Kiss play that many new songs since the Revenge tour or the dodger stadium PC show.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Rip It Out :

Parasite :

Love Gun :

Rocket Ride :
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Shock Me :

Love Gun :

King Of The Night Time World / Strutter