N.American Monster #18 - Halifax, 8/1/13

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

N.American Monster #18 - Halifax, 8/1/13

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

If reporting from the show on your phone, use cut-down version of the message board at http://m.kissfaq.com/

Details:

Notes:
- "Spirit-fest 2013"
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: N.American Monster #18 - Halifax, 8/1/13

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Hoping that its not too early ta ask if anyone can grab the audio of this one !

HALIFAX ROXX !
Spirited
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Location: In the Ace Avatar Bunker, planning world domination

Post by Spirited »

Admin wrote:
Notes:
- "Spirit-fest 2013"
:lol:

Good one.
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:Hoping that its not too early ta ask if anyone can grab the audio of this one !

HALIFAX ROXX !
me and cassius might be able to record some of it

I WILL BE THERE!!!
That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

I'll be there!! 8)
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

where's everyone sitting?
front middle section row 9
That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

sec 53 row 5 seat 11
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

I feel like i'm too excited for this concert compared to everyone on this thread. Except for Spirited we all know he's already in line at the Metro center
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Gottosnooze wrote:I feel like i'm too excited for this concert compared to everyone on this thread. Except for Spirited we all know he's already in line at the Metro center
Didn't he say that he would be in Norway watching youtube?
Spirited

Post by Spirited »

Shane_Penney wrote:
Gottosnooze wrote:I feel like i'm too excited for this concert compared to everyone on this thread. Except for Spirited we all know he's already in line at the Metro center
Didn't he say that he would be in Norway watching youtube?

:lol:

Norway was changed till later in August.

No concert for me though. Sorry.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Well, enjoy your trip...whenever it is.
Spirited

Post by Spirited »

Shane_Penney wrote:Well, enjoy your trip...whenever it is.

I will thanks. I leave in a couple weeks.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Here's the Halifax KISS Army at the packed Halifax Metro Centre!

Photo by Hab Haddad for KISSONLINE.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

kissthat wrote:Image

Here's the Halifax KISS Army at the packed Halifax Metro Centre!

Photo by Hab Haddad for KISSONLINE.
Looks like a good crowd.
Love_In_Chains
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Love_In_Chains »

AWESOME SHOW!!!! My very first KISS Concert!!!!!

Setlist didn't change much, Paul was on the "b" Stage and flew back to main stage for start of Black Diamond

Some points of the show Pauls voice was a bit iffy, but for the most part it held up, Id say his weakest songs singing were Psycho Circus,Hell or Hallelujah and IWMFLY.
The HOF "oh woah woah woah" wasn't as bad as some videos I've seen so far. The Stage raps are defiantly hurting his voice though

I was expecting Gene to do another "You better get out of your Fucking Chair" again cause there was a lot of people around me sitting down during his Bass Solo/GOT, lol :lol:

Crowd wise...it defiantly wasn't sold out, upper bowl didn't even look like it was being occupied, only the 4 bottom rows of the upper bowl looked full, Lower Bowl and Floor we pretty full though!

Songs that the crowd defiantly wasn't into was "Hell or Hallelujah" and "Say Yeah"..at least where I was sitting, all other songs the crowd was into it looked!

Overall a really good night, the band was solid and put on a hell of a show!!! Putting Pauls voice issues aside, they were all Killer!!!

Wish that "Deuce" wasn't dropped for "Calling Dr. Love", it should have replaced a song like "Say Yeah", but thats just me!

It'll be a rock and roll party in St.Johns,NFLD, to everyone thats going to those shows you'll enjoy it! (Side note too....I know this was pointed out but on one of the Tour T-SHIRTS the spell Saint John,NFLD, not St.Johns,NFLD, I wonder if they'll make new shirts with a corrected name?)
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

AMAZING SHOW! Here are some pics 8)

(I'm in the makeup and Gottosnooze is to my left)
Attachments
1Z2A8028-X2.jpg
1Z2A8025-L.jpg
1002878_10201686126942791_801609261_n.jpg
Last edited by Deleted User 4429 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

I had the best time of my life! ShineDown was awesome!Their lead singer looks a little psycho, i missed like 5-6 songs from ShineDown but got a picture with KISS! Pauls vocals were kinda ruff at the start but he warmed up to it and he was killing it. Gene had some weird little thing where he did like a queens clap, it was really weird when he did it when i was right underneath his riser that he floats out on and i was trying hard to get a pick but he just mouthed a ton of words and hand signals at me. Also while he was up there he kept looking down at me as he also did on the spider when he went up during god of thunder.

As said before not much reaction from the crowd with the newer songs but everyone lit up on lick it up and iwmfly, rnral and you know the works there. Lick it Up DESTROYED!!!!!! It was soo cool as when i met Eric i was like "hey, I'm Justice" He replied with, "Yeah i know who you are" as to come off as what are you silly i know you, as we have talked before on Facebook. I was in awe when i saw Gene and he was like "Hey turn around" (for the picture).

At one point Paul was sitting on the edge of the stage on the right and he was with some ladies, but he rolled but it ended up weird. Paul when he went to the Love Gun stage he started black diamond there as said before, but for some reason he seemed to try and be stalling, doing the "this side let me here yah" thing and he was going on A LOT saying Halifax we love you, more than the normal raps. He also brought up the concert that they played 4 years ago.
Attachments
1Z2A8026-L.jpg
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

Also Gene's bass solo was AMAZING
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Hope someone grabbed that audio! HALIFAX ROCKS ! was a mazing. Wish I was there with ya ! Great Meet and Greets photos !
futon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by futon »

How'd you get the pic with the band? My cancelled meet and greet still bums me but I still have hope of doing this at least. :)
#1kissfan wrote:AMAZING SHOW! Here are some pics 8)

(I'm in the makeup and Gottosnooze is to my left)
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Love_In_Chains wrote:AWESOME SHOW!!!! My very first KISS Concert!!!!!

Setlist didn't change much, Paul was on the "b" Stage and flew back to main stage for start of Black Diamond

Some points of the show Pauls voice was a bit iffy, but for the most part it held up, Id say his weakest songs singing were Psycho Circus,Hell or Hallelujah and IWMFLY.
The HOF "oh woah woah woah" wasn't as bad as some videos I've seen so far. The Stage raps are defiantly hurting his voice though

I was expecting Gene to do another "You better get out of your Fucking Chair" again cause there was a lot of people around me sitting down during his Bass Solo/GOT, lol :lol:

Crowd wise...it defiantly wasn't sold out, upper bowl didn't even look like it was being occupied, only the 4 bottom rows of the upper bowl looked full, Lower Bowl and Floor we pretty full though!

Songs that the crowd defiantly wasn't into was "Hell or Hallelujah" and "Say Yeah"..at least where I was sitting, all other songs the crowd was into it looked!

Overall a really good night, the band was solid and put on a hell of a show!!! Putting Pauls voice issues aside, they were all Killer!!!

Wish that "Deuce" wasn't dropped for "Calling Dr. Love", it should have replaced a song like "Say Yeah", but thats just me!

It'll be a rock and roll party in St.Johns,NFLD, to everyone thats going to those shows you'll enjoy it! (Side note too....I know this was pointed out but on one of the Tour T-SHIRTS the spell Saint John,NFLD, not St.Johns,NFLD, I wonder if they'll make new shirts with a corrected name?)
Great times! Congrats!!!
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/1 ... tro-centre

Kiss rocks Metro Centre
August 1, 2013 - 11:57pm BY STEPHEN COOKE ENTERTAINMENT REPORTER

You wanted the greatest contrast between Halifax Metro Centre concerts in one week, you got the greatest contrast.

It’s hard to imagine many fans of Tegan and Sara’s emotional and vulnerable indie-electro pop from Tuesday night also being in attendance for Thursday night’s uncorking of some vintage overproof testosterone, courtesy of Kiss.

OK, maybe some of the parents from Tuesday were present to cut loose and shout it out loud; and there was more makeup per capita on Thursday night as nearly every row in the house had at least one Kissciple with batwings or cat whiskers painted on their faces.

After the obligatory ads for the Kiss Kruise and Hotter Than Hell Las Vegas Wedding Chapel on the giant video screens came the words everyone was waiting to hear: “YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST. … THE HOTTEST ROCK ’N’ ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD …”

As the curtain dropped, a skin-warming blast of pyrotechnics provided the exclamation point, and over 8,000 fans were on their feet with their fists in the air. Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley and Tommy Thayer descended from the ceiling atop the metal framework of the Monster Tour’s much-vaunted Spider Stage, while Eric Singer pounded out the beat to Psycho Circus.

Good choice, since there was more clown-white in the crowd than onstage, and these larger than life, hotter than hell rock figures went into action, with bat-man Simmons spreading his costume’s leathery wings, spaceman Thayer weaving dreamily in his platform moon boots and Stanley as the star-faced ringleader.

“Halifax, how you doing? Are you up for a rock ’n’ roll party tonight?” Stanley asked after a pair of old-school crowd pleasers, Shout It Out Loud and Let Me Go Rock and Roll.

After listing off previous tour stops like Toronto and Montreal to a vigorous chorus of boos, Stanley continued encouragingly: “It ain’t the size of the crowd, it’s the size of your heart!” before performing the Kiss Audience Aptitude Test through the use of blinding lights and pointing.

“Wild animals, make some noise!” added Simmons, before handing it off to the band’s own wild creature, cat-man Singer, to kick into the mid-period Kiss hit I Love it Loud.

And loud it was, between the occasional fireworks, dual guitar assault and Simmons’ bass bombast. Louder than in their 2009 visit to the Halifax Commons, thanks to indoor acoustics, but likely clearer than in their ’70s shows at the Halifax Forum, thanks to improved audio technology.

Not everything has improved over time. Stanley’s wails seem raspier than ever, perhaps due to the East Coast being the end of the road for the tour, and one of the few new songs, Hell Or Hallelujah, from Monster, was built on a beat and riff that felt similar to Deep Purple’s Highway Star.

But it seemed no one was complaining, and it was a treat to hear some Kiss CanCon in the form of Creatures of the Night’s War Machine, co-written with Bryan Adams and Jim Vallance back in the ’80s.

Thayer also acquitted himself well when he finally got some lead vocal time with Ace Frehley’s Shock Me, while Stanley writhed on the floor at stage right. The tune quickly segued into Thayer’s own Outta This World, from Monster, with an extended solo built on screaming slabs of blues rock, machine-gun roars, and a snatch of O Canada before he and Singer were lifted skyward through the miracle of hydraulics and dry ice.

“Are you with us?!?” Singer asked before hoisting a bazooka to his shoulder and letting it rip, signalling Simmons to strut out with his axe-shaped bass and cheeks stuffed with stage blood.

The resulting rudimentary bass solo, crimson spew and kabuki theatrics provided some déjà vu for anyone who was on the Commons four years ago, including Simmons’ flight into the rafters for God of Thunder, but you’ve gotta have some sense of tradition.

By the time Stanley had done his zipline flight to the B-stage for Love Gun, and the rat-a-tat rhythm of Detroit Rock City rang out, Halifax’s latest Kiss baptism by fire had fully taken effect.

Opening act Shinedown only had the front slice of the stage to perform on, but even without makeup and pyro, the Florida hard-rock quartet showed a flair for the dramatic that worked in the context of the evening.

Dressed in business casual — black vests, short sleeves — the band had a great asset in singer Brent Smith, whose grand gestures and pure lung power played well to the nosebleed seats.

KISS SETLIST

Psycho Circus
Shout It Out Loud
Let Me Go Rock and Roll
I Love It Loud
Hell or Hallelujah
War Machine
Heaven’s on Fire
Dr. Love
Say Yeah
Shock Me
Outta This World
Thayer solo spot
Simmons solo spot
God of Thunder
Lick It Up
Love Gun
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
I Was Made For Loving You
Rock and Roll All Night
That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

Tommy played part of the Canadian national anthem during his solo...place went nuts!!
Love_In_Chains
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Love_In_Chains »

I recorded parts of Say Yeah, DRC and LIU last night on my iphone, it came out pretty good, here's the part of Detroit Rock City I recorded!

cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Love_In_Chains wrote:I recorded parts of Say Yeah, DRC and LIU last night on my iphone, it came out pretty good, here's the part of Detroit Rock City I recorded!

Cool. Thx!!!
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

They didn't even leave for the oncore they were just like, this is normally the time we leave but we are gonna stay a little longer
That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

That 70s Guy wrote:Tommy played part of the Canadian national anthem during his solo...place went nuts!!
That's pretty damn cool actually. :)
That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

Just want to add...

if anyone comes across the full concert of this show,please PM me.

it would mean alot for me to have it cos I was there.
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

[quote="Anomaly"][quote="That 70s Guy"]Tommy played part of the Canadian national anthem during his solo...place went nuts!![/quote]

That's pretty damn cool actually. :)[/quote]

Yeah, that was awesome!
Garett
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Garett »

this show was killer ... Metro centre was packed ...upper bowl where you cant see might been empty but who the hell cares. lol Pauls voice was not shaky , he didnt warm up as he went along , he was great from the get go .. the Gene Clapping thing was him making fun of some ppl in the front rows lol
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

0kVYxgLR8j0

JwqMPnLiCog

pdfbGER-Cs4
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

[quote="Garett"]this show was killer ... Metro centre was packed ...upper bowl where you cant see might been empty but who the hell cares. lol Pauls voice was not shaky , he didnt warm up as he went along , he was great from the get go .. the Gene Clapping thing was him making fun of some ppl in the front rows lol[/quote]

he did it to me when his riser went over me. But i was goin nuts so it pissed me off
Gottosnooze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Gottosnooze »

[quote="That 70s Guy"]Just want to add...

if anyone comes across the full concert of this show,please PM me.

it would mean alot for me to have it cos I was there.[/quote]

5w6jSYpzb6I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5w6jSYpzb6I&nomobile=1