EuroMonster #1, 1/06 - Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

Forevertj
Banned

Re: EuroMonster #1, 1/06 - Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Forevertj »

neiltracy00 wrote:Had seating this time and must say that I will never again take seats. Damn, it's dead (apart from a few songs where it was a bit more lively, but there is still no real passion and feeling when you're sitting down) ...

I have had 2 concerts like that, last being Alice Cooper, the ticket did say on it, be prepared for people to stand, I did and was told to sit back down, awful and never again!!

Did not know if I should laugh or cry when hundreds of people started leaving after Rock and roll all nite and then not returning when Kiss took to the stage again.

What is it with these fucking people? OK, obviously they are no true fans because then they would know that Kiss is not finishing a concert without playing Detroit rock city and Black Diamond, but if you paid several hundred crowns it should be reasonable to stay to the end? Or were they SO damn disappointed that they did not bear with any more? Either way, it was a fucking mood-killer.

and people who go there and spend their time bloody talking, pissing off back and forward and people who think they need to get that drunk before they go in they miss parts of the show and be a pain in the ass !

This behavior you are describing has recently become a major problem in the USA concerning baseball. People are getting up during the home team's at bat instead of between innings or a commercial break or a pitching change. It has gotten to the point where people are staying home and that costs your team money. In Baseball in America, there is no salary cap so your team spends money when they make enough money to do so. It's not like the NFL where everyone has the same pay range. So when people sit home, the A holes that are causing them to stay home by being rude are actually costing your team in more than one way. The team will not be able to resign a superstar if they sell 1 million tickets a year as opposed to two million per year, and you can blame that on inconsiderate people.

It's a huge problem for baseball and now it seems to be in concerts as well. I can almost assure you that as bad as it is there, it is worse here in America. I know this because of the countless media outlets for sports that
I read and listen to. Fox, Espn, ABC, CBS sports radio, AP, NBC, WLW, etc. It's not just me having an opinion, I am reporting what I hear said by hundreds of people. Hosts, callers, players, and officials that tend the stadiums.

It's getting worse all the time. I stay away so I hear about it far more than I see it. Oh yeah, and don't forget the texters in the movie theaters...... :x
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

neiltracy00 wrote:I think they are stealing ideas for the new stage show :lol:

Who on earth would sit underneath that death trap?? :shock:
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

Forevertj wrote:
neiltracy00 wrote:Had seating this time and must say that I will never again take seats. Damn, it's dead (apart from a few songs where it was a bit more lively, but there is still no real passion and feeling when you're sitting down) ...

I have had 2 concerts like that, last being Alice Cooper, the ticket did say on it, be prepared for people to stand, I did and was told to sit back down, awful and never again!!

Did not know if I should laugh or cry when hundreds of people started leaving after Rock and roll all nite and then not returning when Kiss took to the stage again.

What is it with these fucking people? OK, obviously they are no true fans because then they would know that Kiss is not finishing a concert without playing Detroit rock city and Black Diamond, but if you paid several hundred crowns it should be reasonable to stay to the end? Or were they SO damn disappointed that they did not bear with any more? Either way, it was a fucking mood-killer.

and people who go there and spend their time bloody talking, pissing off back and forward and people who think they need to get that drunk before they go in they miss parts of the show and be a pain in the ass !

This behavior you are describing has recently become a major problem in the USA concerning baseball. People are getting up during the home team's at bat instead of between innings or a commercial break or a pitching change. It has gotten to the point where people are staying home and that costs your team money. In Baseball in America, there is no salary cap so your team spends money when they make enough money to do so. It's not like the NFL where everyone has the same pay range. So when people sit home, the A holes that are causing them to stay home by being rude are actually costing your team in more than one way. The team will not be able to resign a superstar if they sell 1 million tickets a year as opposed to two million per year, and you can blame that on inconsiderate people.

It's a huge problem for baseball and now it seems to be in concerts as well. I can almost assure you that as bad as it is there, it is worse here in America. I know this because of the countless media outlets for sports that
I read and listen to. Fox, Espn, ABC, CBS sports radio, AP, NBC, WLW, etc. It's not just me having an opinion, I am reporting what I hear said by hundreds of people. Hosts, callers, players, and officials that tend the stadiums.

It's getting worse all the time. I stay away so I hear about it far more than I see it. Oh yeah, and don't forget the texters in the movie theaters...... :x
Oh dear god, you mentioned the phones in theatres, yup I bloody rage when that happens !! I don't know why people pay to go to games and concerts when they miss most of it, I am an old school fart gig goer, I go for the whole package, I have a friend who would stay in the pub till after support acts have been and gone then barge in before the main event, sad really.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

neiltracy00 wrote:
Forevertj wrote:

Oh dear god, you mentioned the phones in theatres, yup I bloody rage when that happens !! I don't know why people pay to go to games and concerts when they miss most of it, I am an old school fart gig goer, I go for the whole package, I have a friend who would stay in the pub till after support acts have been and gone then barge in before the main event, sad really.

Sorry, but there was no way I was going to leave out the theater going experience when talking about impolite social behavior. :mrgreen:

That's tops on many people's lists.
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

Forevertj wrote:
neiltracy00 wrote:
Forevertj wrote:

Sorry, but there was no way I was going to leave out the theater going experience when talking about impolite social behavior. :mrgreen:

That's tops on many people's lists.
In the uk they broadcast and advert before films for people to switch off their phones, the first time I saw it I was angry because they play a mobile phone ring at the start and is so real and in the theatre I was looking about to see the idiot who did it !!...then, you get the ad !!!
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

Kee wrote:
Then I have to say I was really annoyed at all the fucking running among the rows. Back and forth, popcorn, soda, plates with beer. Sure, buy some beer, but to run back and forth umpteen times in a concert that is under two hours is both weird and annoying. Are they there for the concert or to buy a hundred beers and become wasted? Overall, I was surprised with how many seemed to not give a damn about anything Kiss.

What the hell are they doing there? That is my question. "Check the show and spectacle," someone might say. Yes, that is possible. But when people sit like a bunch of zombies, you start to wonder. Even the people standing on the floor was zombie-like during the majority of the concert (first rows excluded).
You're right, it was terrible. I was on the floor, but quite a way back. Most of the concert, I had to move around, because people kept going in and out. Not visibly caring that there was a band up on stage, trying to get their attention.
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

jannep17 wrote:
Kee wrote:
Then I have to say I was really annoyed at all the fucking running among the rows. Back and forth, popcorn, soda, plates with beer. Sure, buy some beer, but to run back and forth umpteen times in a concert that is under two hours is both weird and annoying. Are they there for the concert or to buy a hundred beers and become wasted? Overall, I was surprised with how many seemed to not give a damn about anything Kiss.

What the hell are they doing there? That is my question. "Check the show and spectacle," someone might say. Yes, that is possible. But when people sit like a bunch of zombies, you start to wonder. Even the people standing on the floor was zombie-like during the majority of the concert (first rows excluded).
You're right, it was terrible. I was on the floor, but quite a way back. Most of the concert, I had to move around, because people kept going in and out. Not visibly caring that there was a band up on stage, trying to get their attention.
The usual non fan, who would go to work next day and brag they saw Kiss last night to impress the co workers because nearly every human being on the planet in adulthood has heard of Kiss practically and want to impress, its like those gig bands do and invite press and executives etc who have no interest in the band, did Van Halen not do it ? idiots in suits just standing there and have no idea who they are on stage.
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

Forevertj wrote:

Great article on Salary cap: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/83908 ... n-magazine

Great article on why attendance is down: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/29/sport ... c=rss&_r=0 (and half of the drop is all because of the Miami Marlins).

People getting up all the time at shows, games etc is nothing new. Most of the problem has everything to do with alcohol sales. I never know why these drunken a-holes even bother going. They won't remember a damn thing they saw the next morning.

They get up to get a beer or wave the girl over... then its up to take a piss.... then its a another beer....back to piss....

Of course drinking a diuretic is one of the worst things on hot days... which is stupid enough. Wasting $8-$10 for a 12 oz beer is ridiculous. Wait till you get home if you've gotta drink.

Watching games at most college stadiums are far better. The great number of college stadiums ban alcohol sales at games. Banning alcohol at all arenas etc... just like smoking bans would make things far more enjoyable. But they don't want to lose all the $$$$$.

Granted, some ballparks have an alcohol free section...but they need to make them larger....and have them at arenas as well. Alot of people would pay a premium to avoid the a-holes....
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

Ok, a good night's sleep sometimes helps.
I was pretty disappointed yesterday, after the show.
Now I see more clearly :wink:

Paul's voice: Not good, but better than we have heard him in some shows, during the last few years. Eric does a lot of background vocals on Paul's songs. But (silver) lining: Only really cringeworthy moment yesterday was Heaven's On Fire. I Was Made For Loving You was shaky, I agree, but somehow Paul pulled it off.

Set list: Ok, not too many changes, but I like Psycho Circus, so thanks for that. Heaven's On Fire might have been troublesome due to Paul's voice, but it's a crowd pleaser among the casuals. Way back where I was standing, this was the favourite song. People who seemed to be bored throughout the whole concert at least reacted to HoF.

Spider: Ok, so it doesn't "walk around" on stage or jump into the audience or whatever. But it looks damn good.

Gene: Oh, he's so valuable to Kiss now, especially with Paul's voice troubles. He did a stellar performance yesterday. You can always say, he should move around more etc. I think that's neither here nor there. This isn't the non-makeup years, where they ran around like crazy so that people wouldn't notice how ugly they were without makeup.

Musical performance, overall: Let's not forget how disastrous the originals sometimes sounded at the end. Pete's drumming, my god... Compared to that, Kiss sounds great today. Sure, I miss Ace - his solos, his overall coolness. But the band as a whole sounds tight today.

Overall impression: Three stars+.
heart_of_chrome
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by heart_of_chrome »

jannep17 wrote:Ok, a good night's sleep sometimes helps.

Paul's voice: Not good, but better than we have heard him in some shows, during the last few years. Eric does a lot of background vocals on Paul's songs. But (silver) lining: Only really cringeworthy moment yesterday was Heaven's On Fire. I Was Made For Loving You was shaky, I agree, but somehow Paul pulled it off.

Set list: Ok, not too many changes, but I like Psycho Circus, so thanks for that. Heaven's On Fire might have been troublesome due to Paul's voice, but it's a crowd pleaser among the casuals. Way back where I was standing, this was the favourite song. People who seemed to be bored throughout the whole concert at least reacted to HoF.

Spider: Ok, so it doesn't "walk around" on stage or jump into the audience or whatever. But it looks damn good.

Gene: Oh, he's so valuable to Kiss now, especially with Paul's voice troubles. He did a stellar performance yesterday. You can always say, he should move around more etc. I think that's neither here nor there. This isn't the non-makeup years, where they ran around like crazy so that people wouldn't notice how ugly they were without makeup.

Musical performance, overall: Let's not forget how disastrous the originals sometimes sounded at the end. Pete's drumming, my god... Compared to that, Kiss sounds great today. Sure, I miss Ace - his solos, his overall coolness. But the band as a whole sounds tight today.

Thanks for this objective review!
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

I don't think we will ever see the Gene you see in the likes of Rio 83 when he jumps and lands on his knees and headbangs like a monster !!, I thought Paul sounded ok during Psycho Circus but as you say, later on he will get worse, sadly a lot of singers in this era are similar, Geddy Lee has weakened, Roth is just awful, Paul starting to wear out, sadly looks common, even Robert Plant struggles, ah well, we have a cheek moaning, we could not do what these legends do and still do at their senior years, I am 48.5 ish and feel 105 !!! :) :(
acesmiddlefinger
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Interesting and well thought out review,thanks for posting.

I like your ugly without make up quote... :lol: You must have film star looks right?? :wink: :lol:

Like most KISS fans you are aware of how good a singer Paul Stanley once was, if he is struggling any KISS fan worth their salt will notice.People may say why bring it up but listening to Paul sing has always been a highlight of a KISS show for me.I will still go and see KISS whilst it is still possible,after all the KISS live experience is about so much more that Paul's voice. I really do think the band could help themselves by sharing out vocal duties a lot more.Eric sings backing vocals on a lot of songs,he could do NTL,BD,AFTLORAR, and Tommy could sing 3-4 songs that would leave Gene and Paul to split the rest.

We tend to forget that rock singers are mere mortals,they age along with the rest of us. It is a testament to dedication and bloody hard work that Paul and Gene can still get up on stage and perform in make up and high heels in their early sixties over the duration of a tour.
SaintN'Sinner83
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

The new stage is awesome - fans seem to be going nuts over it. Even the guys on Blabbermouth who hate KISS (let's face it, those people hate everything and every band) had nothing but nice things to say about the band and stage today. Last time they said mostly great things about the band is when the last alum came out - so it's rare any band gets praise on that cesspool!
:lol:

KISS have had decent/good stages since 2009 but this is hands down the coolest since 1992.

I think it'd look even cooler with the stage from last year, the spires from Australia and the spider.
SaintN'Sinner83
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Didn't some give ForeverTJ shit for reporting what Gene showed him? If so - someone owes him an apology.
:wink:
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Rockandrolloverman wrote:
Forevertj wrote:I am very glad that I wasn't fooled. The stage is as I said it would be. Thanks Gene! I don't want any trouble. :mrgreen:

Maybe the spider will evolve. Perhaps if the roof of other arena's enables it go move forward as well. Might be a structural issue, or this could be it. Either way, it is great!
That's what I was wondering, too.

Maybe the lack of some of the spider's movements were due to this particular arena.

I hope the next show or two has a bit more of what Gene was describing. If not and this is all it does, its still cool and very impressive,,,,,,,,,,, 8)
If this size venue restricts Spidey's movement...

...then nothing's ever going to be able to accomdate it.
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:
jannep17 wrote:
I like your ugly without make up quote... :lol: You must have film star looks right?? :wink: :lol:
Haha, I look like Johnny Bloody Depp! :lol:
ebon00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ebon00 »

neiltracy00 wrote:I don't think we will ever see the Gene you see in the likes of Rio 83 when he jumps and lands on his knees and headbangs like a monster !!
Like hell you say!! That's only 30 years ago. :lol:

Like the stage so far, much more impressive than I thought it would be.
heart_of_chrome

Post by heart_of_chrome »

I wish Kiss would play Rock am Ring again. An HD-quality recording of the new show would be awesome.
SaintN'Sinner83
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

heart_of_chrome wrote:I wish Kiss would play Rock am Ring again. An HD-quality recording of the new show would be awesome.
Yes!

Rock Am Ring 2010 is one of my favorite KISS concerts, ever. Love to see the new stage/costumes and new KISS songs at Rock Am Ring.
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

Old Spider, new Spider !!!
Attachments
tjhsfgjsfjtfr.jpg
DOUBLE DYNASTY
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

Will the FULL SHOW be uploaded to YouTube?
AnthonyTyler
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AnthonyTyler »

Not that my two-cents-worth means anything here, but I've been a fan since 1974 and all I can say is, "Wow."

The stage is incredible. The lighting is outstanding. The set-list is fine. We all want what we want and frankly, that shipped sailed in 1996 - get the hell over it. Kiss is going out in style. Yup...going out. Eric's drumming seems to be back! Paul sounds better than he has in some time. Gene? Gene is holding his own and Tommy, while having absolutely no stage presence (how is that even possible with the make-up and costume?) is doing what he's done for years now.

Great show. Great performances. Kiss at 40 is something great.
SaintN'Sinner83
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Other than 'The Tank' - this is probably my favorite KISS stage.

I'm genuinely floored they made something this cool. Not only still delivering great new music - but finally a new stage that kicks ass? Still unreal. Double whammy, finally.
:idea:
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote:Will the FULL SHOW be uploaded to YouTube?

YES ! and JEAN will probably do a MUlti-Cam...and GIOVALLI will as well....maybe buks?..HELL I MIGHT EVEN
Deuce66
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Deuce66 »

gotta admit the intro is pretty damn impressive

Fasterpdiddy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Fasterpdiddy »

My .02

Stage show - Props to a change.....15 years too late but a change indeed
Performance - Down tuned, plodding and down right brutal.....no thanks.
Set List - Same shit they were playing last time I saw them.....meh.

I enjoy that people can still find something to praise about this era of the band. Its also cool to see people get jazzed about the new show. I can't get excitied about anything, I have no connection to this era, music or preformances. Enjoy the shows to those who are going.....ill wait for the Archival releases.
Dwight Fry Speaking
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Dwight Fry Speaking »

Some cool photos from the show last night!

All photos by Marko Rouvinen/Kiss Army Sweden
Attachments
966661_605442342806856_1121719244_o.jpg
981462_605442142806876_262634064_o.jpg
965429_605442086140215_68194478_o.jpg
964861_605442289473528_336207334_o.jpg
964615_605442219473535_1851381090_o.jpg
964195_605442262806864_1172248952_o.jpg
964106_605442159473541_544342423_o.jpg
474906_605442009473556_610408188_o.jpg
469270_605442229473534_249388461_o.jpg
463780_605441982806892_794885362_o.jpg
Pieter Kriss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pieter Kriss »

Fasterpdiddy wrote:My .02

I enjoy that people can still find something to praise about this era of the band. Its also cool to see people get jazzed about the new show. I can't get excitied about anything, I have no connection to this era, music or preformances. Enjoy the shows to those who are going.....ill wait for the Archival releases.
Sums it up pretty well.
dursin

Post by dursin »

Fasterpdiddy wrote:My .02

Stage show - Agree. Nice to see something different. Would be nice if they could build upon it a little more and make it better. Even something little like adding "eyes" the fire lasers during God of Thunder would be cool.

Performance - Agree somewhat, but still find it enjoyable and better than anything else I might choose to spend money to go see.

Set List - Don't understand how some can listen to albums like Destroyer and RnRO weekly and praise them as being untouchable, yet when played live on a yearly (if that) basis, they become "Same Shit".
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

While I do hope it will become more animated in the next shows, it sure looks fantastic and very impressive in those still photos above

The lighting in some of those shots make the spiders and overall stage looks so powerful, high tech, and fresh

Great looking new stage. Most certainly. Now just work on getting this thing "on the move" for the finale
LoveGun07

Post by LoveGun07 »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:
DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote:Will the FULL SHOW be uploaded to YouTube?

YES ! and JEAN will probably do a MUlti-Cam...and GIOVALLI will as well....maybe buks?..HELL I MIGHT EVEN
And when can we expect that on YouTube...I'm getting anxious :lol:
Red Walrus

Post by Red Walrus »

Did it walk out into the crowd like Gene said? [EDIT] I guess not ,should of read the other comments. "The entrance was cool, but it would look better with the drums down on the stage. That big, thick column of metal sticking up wrecks the effect of the spider coming down. I bet they'll change that " totally agree. Loved most everything I seen and can't wait to see them in July.
Robdaddy

Post by Robdaddy »

Really like the stage set-up. A tad overhyped? Perhaps. But that's KISS! :lol: I really like it, though. One other thing I'm happy with based on all of the pics and videos: COLOR!!! I'm so tired of seeing the antiseptic, overly lit, extremely bright white stages we've seen for a while now. Bathe that stage in red, blue, purple, green, and whatever other colors you want. It adds so much to the presentation.
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Let me tell you, that stage is beautiful seeing it live. The spider is so much more than just a prop. It makes for a great entrance and probably also supplies the best light show that they've ever had. Also, it serves as a launching site for much of the pyro and smoke. The spider moved its legs during some songs, but was pretty still for the first half of the show. It looked amazing when it came down towards the stage during War Machine and DRC, almost closing off the stage making it seem more intimate. I actually had the chance to talk to Tommy earlier today and he told me that there had been some bugs with the setup that they were not happy with and would most likely be fixed before the next show.
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

According to this article (translated via Google Translate), the attendance was @ 26,000:

http://hd.se/noje/2013/06/02/godkant-fo ... i-sverige/

Approved for Kiss in Sweden
Kiss will clearly approved of his concert in Friends Arena in Stockholm on Saturday. Tabloids, they made ​​up the old hard rockers was his third in the ratings.

Above all, the giant spider rigging and visual exuberance that critics do thumbs up before. The musical score impression is more of a roller coaster. Aftonbladet reviewer Mattias Kling describes fluctuations like this: "between dumsnygg decibel entertainment and clean transport routes that fail to grasp. Between the spontaneous joy of a brand new premiere repertoire and disappointment at the moments when it does not keep from concept to performance".

Over 26,000 people were on site during the concert in the Friends Arena.
kisssman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kisssman »

[quote="PUNCHLINE"]The stage is a little underwhelming going by the hype Gene made about it, BUT I bet it looks stunning when you are actually watching it live.

has it been confirmed whether Won`t Get Fooled Again was the full version (played a'la Asylum tour) or whether it was the mini version included in Lick It Up?

The rest of the setlist is somewhat underwhelming though. :([/quote]

With their own entire catalog of songs, WTF are they doing playing "Won't get fooled again"? I never understand that crap.
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

kisssman wrote:With their own entire catalog of songs, WTF are they doing playing "Won't get fooled again"? I never understand that crap.
It was the usual part of LIU, nothing more.
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

daveyd wrote:
metallian wrote:
daveyd wrote:
gshaller wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:Image
I dig that stage!!!

Me too!! And no UK shows either :( :( :evil:
My guess is U.K. tour in 2014.

Hooray!!!!
They skipped far too many European countries that they usually play in.

I believe someone here stated that they spoke with Doc recently and Doc mentioned KISS going back to Russia next year. So, if that's factual they'll be doing more shows in Europe. My guess is the tour will be either named
"40th Anniversary" or "Monster 40th Anniversary". They'll obviously use the
spider stage.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Smekaren wrote:Let me tell you, that stage is beautiful seeing it live. The spider is so much more than just a prop. It makes for a great entrance and probably also supplies the best light show that they've ever had. Also, it serves as a launching site for much of the pyro and smoke. The spider moved its legs during some songs, but was pretty still for the first half of the show. It looked amazing when it came down towards the stage during War Machine and DRC, almost closing off the stage making it seem more intimate. I actually had the chance to talk to Tommy earlier today and he told me that there had been some bugs with the setup that they were not happy with and would most likely be fixed before the next show.
Great info. Thanks, brother!
Dwight Fry Speaking
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Dwight Fry Speaking »

Coming in a bit late, but I wanna add my views from saturday show in Stockholm.

* First of all, the show was not sold out. Reported audience 26,143 out of app. 35,000 tickets released. 26,000 is of course a great number considerning Kiss is playing Sweden Rock Festival on thursday in front of
33-35,000 people. That makes a total of around 60,000 for the two shows here.

* Friends Arena is not a good place to hold concerts. Many people have complained about this since it was opened last october. Hard to get to and from the arena. Sound is bad in concerts, and the sound from audience "disapears". Soccer fans going to games complain about the same thing. Not hearing much from audience sound, 50,000 sound like 10,000! I hope Kiss never plays there again.

* Great new lightshow, its really beutiful. I think the show was a bit overhyped so I expected the spider do more things than it actually did. The bulk of the show is still the same. Paul flying into the audience, Gene flying, Tommy and Eric having a solobattle ending with Eric using a bazooka. But of course the Spider add another dimension to the show so it feels fresh and new. I just wished they used the Spider some more, especially during Black Diamond like a grand finale.

* Lots of great pyro. Fire, smoke and explosions. Couldnt ask for more!

* I think it was nice with PC opening the show. A song not played in a long time in Sweden. People were into it and singing along. The classic songs still get the best reception. I would say that HOH and LMGRAR were the songs least appreciated. The setlist may be a bit boring for the hardcore fans, but it's still working to get the audience going! All of you that got tickets for this summer tour is gonna see a great Kiss show, thats for sure. Stockholm was the first show, both the band and the crew gonna be tighter when they done some more shows. And then put the Monster show in a better suited arena, where the audience is closer to the stage, its gonna be a killer!
deleteduser20210208
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by deleteduser20210208 »

[quote="dursin"]Set List - Don't understand how some can listen to albums like Destroyer and RnRO weekly and praise them as being untouchable, yet when played live on a yearly (if that) basis, they become "Same Shit". [/quote]

Big difference. They can and possibly 'should' change the set lists, even just a little bit more. A record is set in stone and people choose to listen to them as is.