"The Tour" Show 20: 8/18/12 - Auburn, WA

Julien
Whee Wan

"The Tour" Show 20: 8/18/12 - Auburn, WA

Post by Julien »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_081812
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: "The Tour" Show 18: 8/18/12 - Auburn, WA

Post by 1111976 »

I will be there. Look for me I will be the guy wearing a KISS t-shirt and will have basically a ton of people around me.
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: "The Tour" Show 21: 8/18/12 - Auburn, WA

Post by the-rockstar »

I'll be there as well. I'm the nerd that needs to be there as the doors open so I can get my KISS& Crüe merch then I'll be in the beer garden!
seamusko
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by seamusko »

I'm the Andreas Kisser lookalike wearing the homemade KISS coat with the torn Lick It Up patch and dreading the traffic getting out after the show...damn one lane...
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

[quote="seamusko"]I'm the Andreas Kisser lookalike wearing the homemade KISS coat with the torn Lick It Up patch and dreading the traffic getting out after the show...damn one lane...[/quote]
To beat that horrible traffic, I'm going to take a cab to and from the hotel. Cabs are allowed to by-pass all that traffic. Did it back for Crue Fest 2 in 09. Was out and on the road within minutes.

Re: "The Tour" Show 20: 8/18/12 - Auburn, WA

Post by 1111976 »

I will also be the guy sitting down in his chair checking email and answering text while Tommy sings Shock Me :P Only in the 21st century did I get the pleasure of an intermission during a KISS concert.
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

The drive down to Seattle was a breeze today! Killing time before the show already. Ill try to update when I get to white river
drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by drgbootz »

1111976 wrote:I will also be the guy sitting down in his chair checking email and answering text while Tommy sings Shock Me :P Only in the 21st century did I get the pleasure of an intermission during a KISS concert.
In a 13 song Kiss show seems like that would be about $25 down the shitter.

Post by 1111976 »

drgbootz wrote:
1111976 wrote:I will also be the guy sitting down in his chair checking email and answering text while Tommy sings Shock Me :P Only in the 21st century did I get the pleasure of an intermission during a KISS concert.

True that no matter what angle you look at it :P
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:

Have fun anyway!!

Post by 1111976 »

drgbootz wrote:
1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:

Have fun anyway!!

I will THANKS! Going with my 2 kids and some of their friends. First KISS show for the kids friends. I convert them no matter what the lineup 8)
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:
1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:

Have fun anyway!!

I will THANKS! Going with my 2 kids and some of their friends. First KISS show for the kids friends. I convert them no matter what the lineup 8)
Awesome, must be fun to watch shows thru the next generations eyes. Make sure they cheer loudly during Shock Me though :P

Post by 1111976 »

drgbootz wrote:
1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:
1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:

Have fun anyway!!

Awesome, must be fun to watch shows thru the next generations eyes. Make sure they cheer loudly during Shock Me though :P
Already schooled them on the Tomfoolery of Shock Me these days. We will be chanting in full togetherness ACE ACE ACE ACE during that segment of the show
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:
1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:
1111976 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:

Have fun anyway!!

Already schooled them on the Tomfoolery of Shock Me these days. We will be chanting in full togetherness ACE ACE ACE ACE during that segment of the show
:lol:

Post by 1111976 »

I'm off my loyal subjects! Be good whilst I'm rocking and rolling
metallian
Banned
Banned

Post by metallian »

Tommy got your money. He's smiling.

:lol:
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Have FUN ! I'll post any PICS and or cool Updates I see on the net .

SEND UPDATES AND PICS PLEASE !!! But mostly HAVE FUN !! :mrgreen:

seamusko
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by seamusko »

Just got home from the show (over 3 hours after it ended).
I missed The Treatment, was talking with fellow board member the-rockstar. It was great meeting someone off the site.

I wasn't into Crue as much this show as Vegas and Concord, kinda Motley'd out I guess but people still ate em up. Nikki shared some memories of sleeping outside the Paramount Theater in Seattle and said "Although I live LA, part of me will always be in Seattle." Similarly, before his mini solo before Kickstart, Mick said "Being we're in Seattle, this is dedicated to the best guitarist of all time" and played some Vooodoo Chile. Very cool.

Different songs in between sets tonight: the first was 'Ace of Spades'. It took forever for the curtain to fall. It fell during the "Satan laughing..."line of War Pigs.

Lights went down, "Alright Seattle (which is about 40 minutes away)", DRC started and the curtain didn't fall right away. They were about a third of the way down when it finally fell.
People were into DRC and Shout it Out Loud.
Before I Love It Loud Paul did the "people over here let me hear you and started on his right side." He didn't do the 'separate the crowd with his hands' bit. However, he introduced the song by saying "here's something off Creatures of the Night" which he didn't do the other two shows I've seen on the tour.
Before Firehouse he asked "how many people are here from Tacoma? Seattle? Auburn? You gotta represent." As always, people lived Gene's firebreathing bit. Right before he breathed it someone threw a beachball on stage.
Paul mentioned Monster coming out in October and that he bought the song off I-Tunes. "I'm supporting the band" which got a laugh. HoH really sounds good although nobody knew it. It went straight into War Machine with no intro, which I like. Most people didn't know the song but one guy in front of me sang along to it. During the opening riff Gene yelled "Fist pump!" and intro'd "Tommy!" before the solo.
Before Shock Me Paul said that Motley was awesome and "this is something old school. You like the oldschool stuff don't cha?" Shock Me always sounds good. Tommy did his three rockets but instead of shooting the third from Gene's riser he was on his own, different than Vegas and Concord. When Eric pulled his bazooka out he looked around, like he wasn't sure where to shoot it. A small thing with Eric, he always says "Name of City, are you with us? I SAID,name of city, are you with us?" Wouldn't it be "I ASKED are you with us?" I'm a teacher so I notice those things. After the song Paul didn't say either Tommy or Eric's name.
For God of Thunder Gene split blood at the first bell and DID fly. The woman next to me loved it. Wouldn't it be kinda cool not to have any idea what was coming next? All of us know the entire show so well that we know what's coming. She was in awe. Pretty cool.
Before Love Gun Paul recalled playing at the Paramount years before and said "This one doesn't need a long intro"...Song always sounds great.
Before Lick It Up Paul noticed a woman in the crowd (or the Strutter license plate someone had), chuckled and said "Strutter." The crowd loves their Lick It Up.
Paul played the Stairway bit before Black Diamond briefly and had the crowd sing the opening twice. This song rules live, every time. It was Gene's thumb.
Encore: Deuce straight into RARAN. It looks like Deuce is going to be the permanent encore?

A great show. The place seemed pretty packed but I couldn't see the lawn well. I'm guessing 50/50 KISS and Motley but I didn't see anyone leave after the Crue. It seems like people knew Motley's songs better but were more entertained by KISS.

Ridgefield tonight! I'll write something a few hours after the show.
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

It was nice meeting u in Auburn seamusko! Sorry about Ridgefield, my battery died on my phone! I couldn't text u back

So being a big fan of both bands, this tour was a huge deal to me. I new Crue would bring their A game, I thought KISS would as well.....I was wrong.

Crue came out with more energy than I have seen them have in about 4 years. Their stage show was amazing, their effects were awesome, their performance was intense, and hearing Mick Mars speak for the first time on stage was a treat. Crue finished strong and Sex went over really well live. As for Tommy's solo, that was the highlight of the entire night. It's fresh and amazing to see live. Every time I see it, I'm in awe.

KISS came out and never really picked up their pace. DRC was slow, Paul's voice is in some serious serious trouble but he did actually perform well. He was energetic and smiling throughout the show. Gene was probably the best of the four. He was spot on the entire show.

Shock Me made me lost interest in the show, it's something I just don't like seeing Tommy do.

Loved hearing Deuce!

The crowd ate it all up and had a good time. It was jam packed, probably close to a sell out.

As for who won the night, hands down, Crue. Their show was better, they performed better, and they gave 100%. Sucks to say but KISS has been beat.

I was happy to see KISS, especially Paul but it wasn't the same this time. As for the stage, the monitors in front of the stairs confuses me, why did they do that?