Monster Bonus Track - Chart Ramifications

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
RisingForce

Monster Bonus Track - Chart Ramifications

Post by RisingForce »

Is it possible that the release of Monster with a bonus track for Europe will hurt their hopes for a #1 album in the states? Personally, I know that I'll just buy the European version since that will have all of the tracks and just skip the American pressing (assuming that all of the talk of the bonus track for Europe is true).

Will there be a substantial amount of others who just skip the American pressing to get all of the tracks? Getting imports is so much easier these days that it really won't be difficult for people to get that version instead. I can imagine plenty just passing over the American version.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: Monster Bonus Track - Chart Ramifications

Post by Anomaly »

Not many I'd bet, personally I'm just downloading the tracks I like.
RINGLEADER
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by RINGLEADER »

I'll just get the version here, and rip the bonus track.

Btw, where/when did this info pop up?
Thx
phoenixphil
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by phoenixphil »

Didn't I read somewhere that they recorded 14 tracks for Monster? I'm guessing that the US version will havea different bonus track...

...plus we still don't know what Monster will be packaged with (remixed destroyer/ dvd etc).

And there's still that cover of Wings "venus & mars / Rockshow" that needs a home.
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

I'd like to encourage everyone to BUY "MONSTER" . Charts and such mean DIDDLY if we aren't gonna buy it . I bought 12 copies of SONIC BOOM even after getting leaks online .[a day after kiss in boston ! great show!] I passed them on to others to get "KISS" to NEW fans.
LOOKS LIKE I may be purchasing an Import too! Sure KISS is rich , but lets support any artist who dares make an Album in the Digital age.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

phoenixphil wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that they recorded 14 tracks for Monster? I'm guessing that the US version will havea different bonus track...
That would be smart....knowing that those fans are out there who won't even think twice about buying both versions to get two different bonus tracks.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:I'd like to encourage everyone to BUY "MONSTER" . Charts and such mean DIDDLY if we aren't gonna buy it . I bought 12 copies of SONIC BOOM even after getting leaks online .[a day after kiss in boston ! great show!] I passed them on to others to get "KISS" to NEW fans.
LOOKS LIKE I may be purchasing an Import too! Sure KISS is rich , but lets support any artist who dares make an Album in the Digital age.
please tell me you are joking.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:I'd like to encourage everyone to BUY "MONSTER" . Charts and such mean DIDDLY if we aren't gonna buy it . I bought 12 copies of SONIC BOOM even after getting leaks online .[a day after kiss in boston ! great show!] I passed them on to others to get "KISS" to NEW fans.
So...support every artist then? Because it's not like there's really any bands out there who AREN'T making albums.
lord71
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by lord71 »

I can make an album. How many copies would you buy ? :D
MrBlackwell

Post by MrBlackwell »

most american consumers seem pretty cheap so I guess there are no worries about that, that import cd will cost a fortune to a lot of people 8)

ps: I remember buying the american Alive III CD first to find out a couple of days later that The UK version had "Take it Off".
Of course I went into the store, returned the american CD and bought the UK one. The cost was the exact same :twisted:
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

MrBlackwell wrote:most american consumers seem pretty cheap so I guess there are no worries about that, that import cd will cost a fortune to a lot of people 8)
That isn't necessarily the case with European imports. I've bought many and they are usually only around $18 - $20. Hell, Bruce's BK3 was available on a European import with an extra track (and the bonus of being in a jewel case unlike the other versions) and I got that for $15.
bjohnsen74

Post by bjohnsen74 »

Anomaly wrote:Not many I'd bet, personally I'm just downloading the tracks I like.
So if you like all songs, you still won't buy it.. No wonder Kiss won't reach #1.

You hang here all day, this board is taking up more of your time than anything else, and still you won't support the album if you like it.. Wow! :lol:
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

bjohnsen74 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:Not many I'd bet, personally I'm just downloading the tracks I like.
So if you like all songs, you still won't buy it.. No wonder Kiss won't reach #1.

You hang here all day, this board is taking up more of your time than anything else, and still you won't support the album if you like it.. Wow! :lol:
Well look at it this way, individual tracks are around 99 cents, and given how Sonic Boom went over for me I would have probably only downloaded three/four of the tracks. Saves me $10 and I don't have to skip the tracks I don't want to hear.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

MONSTER Magnet = Gene Simmons.
Spirited
Location: In the Ace Avatar Bunker, planning world domination

Post by Spirited »

nightwingken wrote:
please tell me you are joking.
I agree with his sentiment. I will download 25 copies and give them to people to promote Kiss.
superdown
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by superdown »

Hopefully if there is a vinyl pressing it will have an exclusive bonus track.....
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

RisingForce wrote:Is it possible that the release of Monster with a bonus track for Europe will hurt their hopes for a #1 album in the states? Personally, I know that I'll just buy the European version since that will have all of the tracks and just skip the American pressing (assuming that all of the talk of the bonus track for Europe is true).

Will there be a substantial amount of others who just skip the American pressing to get all of the tracks? Getting imports is so much easier these days that it really won't be difficult for people to get that version instead. I can imagine plenty just passing over the American version.

Absolutely it will. I've yelled about this for years with Japanese bonus tracks. Why would I pay for the CD twice?
In this day and age...why would you even bother with this bonus track business? Just release the product as a whole on CD and digital (for the people who don't care about quality) in all markets at the same time.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Buying the North American version.

I'll get the bonus track some way later on when I begin to lose interest in the other 10-11 songs.

That's what happened with Psycho Circus and "In Your Face".

Hint: If it's a bonus track (ie throwaway), they don't have enough confidence to put in the album for the rest of us...
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

Shane_Penney wrote: Hint: If it's a bonus track (ie throwaway), they don't have enough confidence to put in the album for the rest of us...
Boy do I disagree with that statement...so many times the bonus tracks are incredible!
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

RisingForce wrote:Is it possible that the release of Monster with a bonus track for Europe will hurt their hopes for a #1 album in the states? Personally, I know that I'll just buy the European version since that will have all of the tracks and just skip the American pressing (assuming that all of the talk of the bonus track for Europe is true).

Yes, technically it IS possible.
Maybe, who knows? I'll tell you when we have the stats, a few months after the release of the album.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Curveboy wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote: Hint: If it's a bonus track (ie throwaway), they don't have enough confidence to put in the album for the rest of us...
Boy do I disagree with that statement...so many times the bonus tracks are incredible!
Indeed. I have a number of albums where the exclusive track is easily one of the album's best.
bjohnsen74

Post by bjohnsen74 »

Shane_Penney wrote:
Hint: If it's a bonus track (ie throwaway), they don't have enough confidence to put in the album for the rest of us...
And why do you trust their opinion on what the best tracks are?
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Curveboy wrote:
Not with KISS...

Mind you, they don't actually have many of them.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

bjohnsen74 wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
The only times that KISS have released bonus tracks, they've been turds, unless they were live tracks.

"It's My life" should have been on Psycho Circus. Instead, they chose "In Your Face", which is embarrassing aside from a cool solo.

"Outromental" could have been recorded by a bunch of 13 year olds.

My guess is that I'll end up eventually getting it, but there's no rush.
bjohnsen74

Post by bjohnsen74 »

Shane_Penney wrote:
bjohnsen74 wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
The only times that KISS have released bonus tracks, they've been turds, unless they were live tracks.

"It's My life" should have been on Psycho Circus. Instead, they chose "In Your Face", which is embarrassing aside from a cool solo.

"Outromental" could have been recorded by a bunch of 13 year olds.

My guess is that I'll end up eventually getting it, but there's no rush.
Instead of being a sheep, I always make up my own mind as to what the best tracks are, whether they are bonus tracks or album tracks. For example, In Your Face for me is way better than You Wanted The Best and I Finally Found My Way, but if I follow your logic I wouldn't even give Face a chance... This goes for most other artists too, where the amount of bonus tracks is higher than with Kiss. Oasis, Bon Jovi, Suede.. most bonus tracks are better than a lot of the songs that ended up on albums.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

bjohnsen74 wrote: Instead of being a sheep, I always make up my own mind as to what the best tracks are, whether they are bonus tracks or album tracks. For example, In Your Face for me is way better than You Wanted The Best and I Finally Found My Way, but if I follow your logic I wouldn't even give Face a chance...
In my mind you're comparing a turd to two other turds. I can't even listen to those three songs. One is really not any better than the others.

Now, "It's My Life" is not a turd in my opinion . I think that they dropped the ball with that one. However, I had to get it as part of the boxset. It is better than most of Psycho Circus to my ears. But since it was never released as a bonus track on the album, it doesn't count as one. I think "Sword and Stone" is better than most of Crazy Nights. Again, I believe that they dropped the ball with that one. It's still unreleased in any official form.

Admittedly, KISS do not have a long, expansive history of having bonus tracks. Yes, they re-released Psycho Circus with a few good live songs in Europe in 1999, and put some extra "live" songs on the original Alive IV. But, in my opinion, the most recent "new" bonus tracks that they've released were throwaways (Outromental, In Your Face)
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

Acording to my memory they recorded 15 songs. Perhaps the 13th song is different in all European, American & Japanese versions? Or perhaps the European bonus is the only bonus this time? Anyway, I think that whatever they come up with wount make any difference in chart positions. "Regular" fan buys the album at hand and only few of "us" buys something extra.
Gene has said that they could use 2 "extra" songs in some other projects (Kiss BOXSET II)? Gene talked about this project in Kiss kruise. Funny thing was that Paul commented that he don't know anything about this:)
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Paul said at one time, don't know how true it still is, but at one time he said there'd be several different bonus tracks IE Target, BB , Itunes, WM.
AstroWarped

Post by AstroWarped »

I myself bough 12 copies of "Psycho Circus" to give to friends, thinking it was a full on, in your face, Reunion album!!!
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

AstroWarped wrote:
I myself bough 12 copies of "Psycho Circus" to give to friends, thinking it was a full on, in your face, Reunion album!!!
That's nuts.
shandi777

Post by shandi777 »

Gene loves sheep.
Heartofchrome

Post by Heartofchrome »

In thise day and age the whole thing of each country have its own bonus tacks charts and awards is outdated since we can order/get what we want from any artist now everything should be unified.
Last edited by Heartofchrome on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLP4me
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GLP4me »

That's what I'm going to do. As a KISS fan, why wouldn't I want the extra song? I'll be buying the European version and not the U.S.A. version.
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

Dont steal music please
Spirited

Post by Spirited »

I am only going to borrow it.
Crazy Crazy Mike

Post by Crazy Crazy Mike »

I'll definitely buy the American version even if it isn't complete, just to help boost sales and chart performance. While I believe that all albums should be universal, I have no problem supporting my favorite band in a manner like this. Yes, it means spending a little more money, but it's really just the price of one or two fast food meals, which I'd be better off skipping anyway.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

I am betting on a Classic Rock Magazine fan pack for Monster. In that case, it is a totally different product. The Alice Cooper one is great, and the magazine has such a strong relationship with KISS I can almost guarantee it will happen. I would buy that version plus the American one.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Crazy Crazy Mike wrote:I'll definitely buy the American version even if it isn't complete, just to help boost sales and chart performance. While I believe that all albums should be universal, I have no problem supporting my favorite band in a manner like this. Yes, it means spending a little more money, but it's really just the price of one or two fast food meals, which I'd be better off skipping anyway.
I'll buy the North American version, and download the bonus track later on...
KISS#1

Post by KISS#1 »

I will probably be buying about two or three copies of Monster(US). One to listen while I'm my car driving, another to listen while I'm at home and another for my wife.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

KISS#1 wrote:I will probably be buying about two or three copies of Monster(US). One to listen while I'm my car driving, another to listen while I'm at home and another for my wife.
You really couldn't just take the CD out of the car with you in the house? Really? You'd rather spend another $12 to save yourself the hassle of spending five minutes ejecting a CD from your center console? Really?

Oh well, it's your money.
Heartofchrome

Post by Heartofchrome »

Anomaly wrote:
KISS#1 wrote:I will probably be buying about two or three copies of Monster(US). One to listen while I'm my car driving, another to listen while I'm at home and another for my wife.
You really couldn't just take the CD out of the car with you in the house? Really? You'd rather spend another $12 to save yourself the hassle of spending five minutes ejecting a CD from your center console? Really?

Remember some people can't listen to KISS anymore cause most of the songs dong have all the members on the band playing on it

Also

Erics time from 1992-1996 does not count anymore cause hes now wearing making up
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Heartofchrome wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Remember some people can't listen to KISS anymore cause most of the songs dong have all the members on the band playing on it

Also

Erics time from 1992-1996 does not count anymore cause hes now wearing making up
What?
Spirited

Post by Spirited »

Anomaly wrote:
Heartofchrome wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Also

What?
I second that what.
ACESREVENGE2
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by ACESREVENGE2 »

If anything they'll probably be at least 2 bonus tracks,one for the europeon/germany version and 2 or 3 for the japan version when all is said and done.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Heartofchrome wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Also

What?
I second that what.
so is that a what what?

lugnut
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by lugnut »

I dunno, maybe it's already been confirmed and I missed it, but I can't really imagine any region-exclusive CD bonus tracks this time around. If they do, then they're really clinging to the old model. What I'd expect is iTunes / Amazon / BestBuy / etc. digital-only bonus tracks. Japan might get some extra track on their CD, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't turn up on some online outlet first as opposed to being completely exclusive to that disc.
steve

Post by steve »

Anomaly wrote: personally I'm just downloading the tracks I like.
I'll listen on Youtube before I do anything. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll go right back to pretending COS was the last album. No harm, no foul.
froginsox
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by froginsox »

Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Heartofchrome wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Also

What?
I second that what.

...and a third
nickgr74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nickgr74 »

i think the only extra vrsion worth to buy gonna be the japanese....
i think its gonna be 2 cds+1dvd like S.B..
1-monster
2-destroyer (remix)
3-detroit 2009 dvd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
i think there s no reason to deliver the destroyer deluxe edision alone .
heart_of_chrome

Post by heart_of_chrome »

RisingForce wrote:
phoenixphil wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that they recorded 14 tracks for Monster? I'm guessing that the US version will havea different bonus track...
That would be smart....knowing that those fans are out there who won't even think twice about buying both versions to get two different bonus tracks.
Might their be a Japanese bonus track as well?