Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

KISS Unmasked II
Banned

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by KISS Unmasked II »

heart_of_chrome wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.

Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.
The reason for saying the pledge here - namely war - IS political. and do I have to accept it as an enemy of war? no. because I paid for a rock concert, not a political debate. so save your argument that I should stay home. if others get boners about this, they should go to events where it is appropriate. not, and I say it again, a rock concert. The reason why I have a problem with that is because there are children at those concerts. they are educated into war with this BS. there is no doubt that people who give their lives for the country should be honored. but does it have to be a Kiss concert? war is glorified through actions like this. and I don't think that the US needs another war after Aftghanistan, Iraq and now Lybia. It is the same with the army advertisements.
I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)
heart_of_chrome
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by heart_of_chrome »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
heart_of_chrome wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.

Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.
The reason for saying the pledge here - namely war - IS political. and do I have to accept it as an enemy of war? no. because I paid for a rock concert, not a political debate. so save your argument that I should stay home. if others get boners about this, they should go to events where it is appropriate. not, and I say it again, a rock concert. The reason why I have a problem with that is because there are children at those concerts. they are educated into war with this BS. there is no doubt that people who give their lives for the country should be honored. but does it have to be a Kiss concert? war is glorified through actions like this. and I don't think that the US needs another war after Aftghanistan, Iraq and now Lybia. It is the same with the army advertisements.
I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)
so do I. I will be studying there from august.I like the country a lot but, as you said, there is no place for such things during a kiss concert. well, I didn't expect an answer from tj anyway. I guess he is still looking for arguments...
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

heart_of_chrome wrote:

It is not political. It is patriotism. Learn the definitions of words before you make false assertions.

As a child, I said the pedge every day at school. It should still be done. The pledge has nothing to do with war.

War??? :D :D

That is unbelievable.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
heart_of_chrome wrote:

8)

Perhaps you are right, but as an american, we used to do that ecery single day in school.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Spirit wrote:I never once said Kiss was not a draw. Matter of fact I have repeatedly said they draw very well.
Good conditioning. :)
Spirit
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Spirit »

cwr18 wrote:
Spirit wrote:I never once said Kiss was not a draw. Matter of fact I have repeatedly said they draw very well.
Good conditioning. :)

I don't argue numbers. They are what they are.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

KISS Unmasked II wrote: I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)
Pre-9/11 I would agree with you. It would be over the top jingoism. But, since 9/11 many Americans, me included (and apparently Kiss), feel differently.
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

heart_of_chrome wrote:
Stanley! You look so cute wrote:The pledge of allegiance was the most nauseating, mawkish and tacky stunt I've seen any band do. What an absolute load of shit.
I would put it more nicely but I agree that paul should finally shut up about politics. this was even worse than the speech on the RTN dvd...
Dude, no. That shit was FAR far worse.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
heart_of_chrome wrote:

8)
Indeed.
jconnors

Post by jconnors »

[quote="Forevertj"]Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.

Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.[/quote]

+1