EOTR 2020 - Feb. 16, Fort Wayne, IN

CStomp1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 16, Fort Wayne, IN

Post by CStomp1 »

Admin wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:41 am
ftjr1974 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:04 am I don't understand why they continue to use taped footage of them heading to the stage that is how many years old now? With today's technology one would think they could just have a live camera showing them heading to the stage each night. Or at least film a new one at worst.
Cause maybe paying someone to do it every night would be unnecessary, especially if they tripped over or one of the band members walked into a wall or took a wrong turn?
Now that would be an entertaining Spinal Tap moment for sure!
ludzil
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by ludzil »

CStomp1 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:20 am
ftjr1974 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:04 am I don't understand why they continue to use taped footage of them heading to the stage that is how many years old now? With today's technology one would think they could just have a live camera showing them heading to the stage each night. Or at least film a new one at worst.
Cause maybe paying someone to do it every night would be unnecessary, especially if they tripped over or one of the band members walked into a wall or took a wrong turn?
Last night there was actually a “Spinal Tap” movement. When Gene walked out to breathe fire the entire stage was engulfed in fog. So much you couldn’t even see Gene at one point. He ended up turning around to stage left with s WTF Look and the fog started to diminish for him to breathe fire. Funny moment.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

Another fantastic show, as always. There’s simply nothing like a KISS concert. It was great to run into Super Bee and to chat for a bit before and after the show. Got a pic with Doc as we were heading out. Thank you KISS for another awesome night.

Tried to post some pics from the show but the files must be too big. I’ll try again later.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

PsychoElder wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:05 pm Another fantastic show, as always. There’s simply nothing like a KISS concert. It was great to run into Super Bee and to chat for a bit before and after the show. Got a pic with Doc as we were heading out. Thank you KISS for another awesome night.

Tried to post some pics from the show but the files must be too big. I’ll try again later.
So jealous you got a KISS concert last night while I did paperwork watching Cartoon Network!

Glad you had a great time brah.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:14 pm
PsychoElder wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:05 pm Another fantastic show, as always. There’s simply nothing like a KISS concert. It was great to run into Super Bee and to chat for a bit before and after the show. Got a pic with Doc as we were heading out. Thank you KISS for another awesome night.

So jealous you got a KISS concert last night while I did paperwork watching Cartoon Network!

Glad you had a great time brah.
It was awesome Nibbs. When is your next show?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

I think Jersey.

Although I hope to sneak SOMETHING in before then!!!
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:50 pm I think Jersey.

My next won’t be until Burgettstown and Dayton after that.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

PsychoElder wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:52 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:50 pm I think Jersey.

My next won’t be until Burgettstown and Dayton after that.
I’m hoping for Burgettstown and then fly back the next day for Atlantic City.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

Well they pay people to video the show on the big screen. I'm sure one of those guys could show them heading to the stage. You make valid points but the likelihood of someone tripping, walking into a wall or making a wrong turn is very low in my opinion and if it did happen it would be an epic spinal tap (or backbone slip) moment wouldn't it? Haha
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

ftjr1974 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:20 pm
Well they pay people to video the show on the big screen. I'm sure one of those guys could show them heading to the stage. You make valid points but the likelihood of someone tripping, walking into a wall or making a wrong turn is very low in my opinion and if it did happen it would be an epic spinal tap (or backbone slip) moment wouldn't it? Haha
If you spend a bit of time in YouTube watching all the intro clips like I do, you’ll notice whenever they show Gene walking into the corridor the crowd goes crazy. Most of them seem to have no idea it’s pre-taped.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Those of us who have been to multiple shows lately know it's the same video they've been using, but I agree it seems like most of the crowd does not know it, and probabluy believe it's live.

Seems to me Gene gets the biggest response, with Paul a close second. Eric gets a decent response with his stick-twirling, and Tommy...well, Tommy seems to just get polite applause
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

ludzil wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:34 am
CStomp1 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:20 am
Last night there was actually a “Spinal Tap” movement. When Gene walked out to breathe fire the entire stage was engulfed in fog. So much you couldn’t even see Gene at one point. He ended up turning around to stage left with s WTF Look and the fog started to diminish for him to breathe fire. Funny moment.
I think this is the moment you’re referring to! :lol:
2E073F23-6186-4669-93B2-70447AD45751.jpeg
WickedLester
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by WickedLester »

Does anyone know where I can purchase tickets for these shows? :?:
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

This thread is making March 14 seem like forever :alien: I will be traveling down Interstate 10 for 436 miles to the Cajun Dome. All of you had a great time and I can’t wait for my 2nd EOTR concert.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

sorry guys, i was going to make the short trip but i came down with probably the worst cold/flu etc i've ever had.

off and on since christmas. so i had to sit this one out sadly.

i saw photos from the show and my lord....packed doesnt describe it. i have tons of love for the fort!!!

i hope you all had a great time!!