Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by KISSKid4ever »

Its what he did after telling them not to text that made me laugh :lol:

BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

To those who went, was it ME, or did the Lexington CROWD in general appear to be dead? The band, at least to me, had to really work to get that crowd to respond. The crowd, at least from my vantage point appeared to be more into DLR. What did you all who WENT think? Just curious. Thanks.
bigflashfam
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by bigflashfam »

BeholderFan wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 pm To those who went, was it ME, or did the Lexington CROWD in general appear to be dead? The band, at least to me, had to really work to get that crowd to respond. The crowd, at least from my vantage point appeared to be more into DLR. What did you all who WENT think? Just curious. Thanks.
Yes they definitely were dead for a lot of the show. A lot of the section to the left of me was sitting down half the time. The band was kicking ass though.
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

Just watched Kentucky basketball on TV at Rupp. The place is big so if they had most of the arena full even with a few closed sections it was a good sized crowd. Maybe all the middle aged fans were tired of standing. You know aching knees and feet :mrgreen:
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

BeholderFan wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm
bigflashfam wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:33 pm I was there. Yes it was packed besides the top level being blocked off. Musically, they were in great form. Great show. Really loved it. Loved when Gene told the guy to stop texting after he spit blood. Haha Great stuff. Of course Paul had to come out and say "you can text if you want to, were here for YOUUU" Great stuff. Hell of a show.
Oh boy. I wonder what happened between Gene and Paul AFTER the show. LOL I was wondering what Gene was going on about. LOL I was like, "What's Gene on about?" Later on, when Paul started yammering about texting, I was like, "What?" LOL Anyway, someone said on Facebook, that at either last night's concert or maybe at another KISS concert on this tour, she saw a woman reading a book on her phone. I am like, "look, it's your money," but I don't get why people go to concerts, if all they are going to do is be on their phones. KISSTRONAUT, yes, they pay for the right to be on their phones, and I can understand being on your phone if you get an IMPORTANT MESSAGE, like from your babysitter or something like that, but to be constantly texting during the show? I don't get the logic. I don't object to taking video and photos, as long as you are not interfering with the people behind you, by the way.
Yeah. I don’t have a problem with the phone stuff either. It’s just how things are nowadays. I was just amused at Gene and Paul’s differing take on it.

I didn’t see the post bigflashfam made about the incident prior to making my post.
Shawn
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Shawn »

I was there. Had the tix in the last row...a row so high and so far in the corner it only had two seats.

I loved the upgrade. We ended up 10 rows back, lower balcony, nearly center-stage.

Sadly, I sort of mocked Eric's ending to Beth in time with the music and ruined the experience for a woman in front of us. The look she gave me still haunts.

The crowd did seem "dead" mostly sitting and watching in my area...till Paul came back.