EOTR 2020 - Feb. 7, Charlottesville, VA

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

EOTR 2020 - Feb. 7, Charlottesville, VA

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...
BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 7, Charlottesville, VA

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Can’t wait for this show! So ready to kick off KISS 2020!
Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde »

Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

$84 tix for $30 :shock:

Man, it pays to wait.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:57 pm Can’t wait for this show! So ready to kick off KISS 2020!
Awesome 67 have a blast, and to anyone else attending! I like VA, been there many times (not the arena tho).
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

redinthesky wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:35 pm
BlackDiamond67 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:57 pm Can’t wait for this show! So ready to kick off KISS 2020!
Awesome 67 have a blast, and to anyone else attending! I like VA, been there many times (not the arena tho).
Thank you, sir.
:salut:
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

I'll be sending my report, live as it happens.
johnnyterrie
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by johnnyterrie »

Will be there with 7 family members and friends. My eleventh show overall dating back to '79 Dynasty tour. First EOTR show for me and first Kiss concert for the other 7.
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

2nd row is wide open and has been reduced to $258 per ticket.
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

2nd row now down to $137.50.

Can you imagine walking up a couple hours before the show and getting those seats?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Spaceace wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:47 pm 2nd row now down to $137.50.

Can you imagine walking up a couple hours before the show and getting those seats?
I honestly do it for a lot of concerts. It depends on how bad you want to take a chance.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

I wonder how much of the upper levels are sectioned off?
D08CDA8E-0E3F-4D1A-B464-7BD8F088B8EC.jpeg
I’m guessing half on the sides and none on the far end.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Slightly off-topic - I guess when the show begins the resale seats disappear? Because there's no "red" seats - I was wondering why the resellers don't keep up better on the changing pricing, to at least match the discounts (better than eating their tickets) - just an hour ago for instance, there were two reseller 7th row tickets for a total of $900 (!) and who's gonna buy that when a regular second row is less than two hundred, and tenth row is $67.50. There were other cases too where buying resale today would have been nuts. Funny thing is, it's after 7:30 and the "blue" tickets are still on sale, but all the "red" disappeared.

I also noticed the front row tix didn't go down in price (making for quite a one-row difference!) but almost all have been sold, props to Kiss.
Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde »

Resale seats on Ticketmaster aren’t allowed to sell below some preset amount - TM is very careful not to devalue their remaining inventory in that regard, at least (I assume it’s the same with AXS). In most cases those resellers are also listing them on alternate sites like Stubhub, provided TM hasn’t set the show up with those phone app-only rolling barcode tickets that keep their monopolistic grip even tighter.
Last edited by Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

Well Roth just killed it. Singing the words, nailing the phrasing and the band is loosening up and starting to move around.
20 years ago this double bill would have been doomed, but tonight Roth had every ass in every seat and every fist in the air.
The boys are on in 15, talk to you soon.
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

How long of a break is there between Roth and KISS?
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

i think Roth goes on at 730 & ends around 10 or 15mins after 8, & Kiss goes on at 845
SecretlyFrehley
Banned

Post by SecretlyFrehley »

Dave mix up the set again?
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:29 pm Well Roth just killed it. Singing the words, nailing the phrasing and the band is loosening up and starting to move around.
20 years ago this double bill would have been doomed, but tonight Roth had every ass in every seat and every fist in the air.
The boys are on in 15, talk to you soon.
In 2000 this would have been a better combo
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

In 2000 I don't think Paul would have gone for it.
Tonight though? I think Dave and the crowd reaction to him brought out an effort in Paul that I hadn't seen in a very long time.
Kiss was on fire tonight.
Last edited by johnsaidwhat on Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

Vague you are and that’s cool. Throw in some details that would be cooler :alien:
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

I was expecting a lackadaisical, phoned in performance honestly. I was wrong, I'm glad I didn't let the cynicism of the crowd get to me.
They're a few steps slower, a little less dancing and animation but what I saw were seasoned professionals giving their audience their monies worth.
I did not watch this show through my phone, I paid attention to what it takes for Paul to get the songs out now and how his vocal issues have forced him to contort his facial muscles differently to try to hit the notes. I listened to phrasing and vocal inflections and I simply do not believe he's lip syncing.
I've seen tons of YouTube stuff on the subject matter but now I feel they're misleading.
Eric and Tommy are monsters and I think we as fans should be proud of their efforts.
As for dirty Uncle Gene, he brought it, 100%. Other than trodding around a bit slower, he was full demon tonight.
Production wise.........11 pods in use tonight along with tons of pyro and flames.
For Psycho Circus Paul used a reversed body Iceman which I had never seen before.
David Lee Roth was really great tonight, he's working the rust off his voice and he was.really on fire tonight. The crowd was really in to it and I gotta think that's motivating Paul because he was on the money tonight.
I'm really happy that I didn't blow this off and took this chance to say goodbye to a band that has been a HUGE part of my life.
Just my 2 cents.
Andy Capp
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Andy Capp »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:59 pmI paid attention to what it takes for Paul to get the songs out now and how his vocal issues have forced him to contort his facial muscles differently to try to hit the notes. I listened to phrasing and vocal inflections and I simply do not believe he's lip syncing.
interesting-
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:59 pm I did not watch this show through my phone, I paid attention to what it takes for Paul to get the songs out now and how his vocal issues have forced him to contort his facial muscles differently to try to hit the notes. I listened to phrasing and vocal inflections and I simply do not believe he's lip syncing.
He's lip syncing. Deny it all you want. He may try singing the first verses of some of the songs but after that it's faking it 100%. Videos don't lie.
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

It's not denial. That's not what I saw or heard tonight.
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:55 am It's not denial. That's not what I saw or heard tonight.
You either need new glasses or maybe start wearing glasses.
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

I went in to the show already thinking he was lip syncing and expecting to have that confirmed.
I was.expecting to be cynical and judgemental.
Now, having witnessed it I don't see it that way.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:48 pm I wonder how much of the upper levels are sectioned off?
D08CDA8E-0E3F-4D1A-B464-7BD8F088B8EC.jpeg
I’m guessing half on the sides and none on the far end.
https://www.dailyprogress.com/dailyprog ... 69.html#24

Doesn’t look like they closed much.
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

There wasn't very much closed off. I would say about half of sections 312, 313, 314, 302, 303, 304.
I would guess 1500 to 2000 under being sold out. It was packed and it was rowdy, appreciate crowd.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Incredible night. JPJ Arena was a great venue. Roth was much better live than I had anticipated. As for KISS...well, at this point, you either savor seeing them or you don’t. I always record the intro and DRC, then I put the phone down and enjoy. It was a great show and I enjoyed every minute. I was front row perfectly center and was loving every minute...even down to the slight hiccup that Paul had on Black Diamond...he’s the quintessential frontman, love him. Gene was strong vocally and delivered as usual. The energy was as good I’ve seen on this tour. Charlotte is still the best show that I’ve seen on this tour, but this one was in line with the Raleigh show that I saw last year. Stellar performance and profoundly entertaining. I caught a water bottle from Gene...my lone band souvenir of the night.

Post-show, we walked from the arena and had dinner at a deli right across from UVA campus. We got a window seat and saw Keith Leroux walk by with some friends. We exchanged hugs with him, talked about the show, and left for the hotel. Just ss we were walking by the hotel’s bar/restaurant, we saw Paul, Tommy, and Danny (Paul’s security guy) through the window, enjoying drinks and a meal. We went up to our room to unload our merchandise and saw Doc in the elevator. It was almost like being on the Kruise. We went back down to the hotel bar and enjoyed some drinks with the guys mere feet away.

Charlottesville made for some special moments on the EOTR.
I decided to get tickets here, because my girlfriend is a UVA grad.
I’m glad I did for many reasons. We are spending the weekend here then heading back home on Sunday. I will miss the Greensboro show, but will be in Columbia on Tuesday. I can’t wait to experience another indelible moment on this tour.
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

This show definitely had some swagger to it.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:40 am There wasn't very much closed off. I would say about half of sections 312, 313, 314, 302, 303, 304.
I would guess 1500 to 2000 under being sold out. It was packed and it was rowdy, appreciate crowd.
They didn't sell out?

Phew, thank god...that would have been a disaster
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

It was close. It was a great crowd.
ManOf1000Faces
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ManOf1000Faces »

When I saw them earlier this week, the intro to "Black Diamond" was 100% live. "Love Gun" and "IWMFLY" out on the platform were 0% live. During "Love Gun" there was even a Paul scream when he was nowhere near the multiple microphones.
johnnyterrie
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by johnnyterrie »

I've been to one show on eleven different tours dating back to Dynasty. Without question this is the best overall show of any of them. While some parts are obviously old and routine, they were new to the 7 people with me enjoying their first Kiss concert. The Eric drum solo was killer, which was the first I've seen from him. Tommy was professional as always, Ace is my favorite member in the Kisstory, but times change and Tommy is really good. As for Paul & Gene, I'll argue with anyone they are the BEST duo in rock history at entertaining an audience. Great time had by all. Thanks Kiss for 47 years of fun!
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Clown Royal wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:30 am
johnsaidwhat wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:40 am There wasn't very much closed off. I would say about half of sections 312, 313, 314, 302, 303, 304.
They didn't sell out?

Phew, thank god...that would have been a disaster
Every thread? :roll:
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:57 am Incredible night. JPJ Arena was a great venue. Roth was much better live than I had anticipated. As for KISS...well, at this point, you either savor seeing them or you don’t. I always record the intro and DRC, then I put the phone down and enjoy. It was a great show and I enjoyed every minute. I was front row perfectly center and was loving every minute...even down to the slight hiccup that Paul had on Black Diamond...he’s the quintessential frontman, love him. Gene was strong vocally and delivered as usual. The energy was as good I’ve seen on this tour. Charlotte is still the best show that I’ve seen on this tour, but this one was in line with the Raleigh show that I saw last year. Stellar performance and profoundly entertaining. I caught a water bottle from Gene...my lone band souvenir of the night.

Post-show, we walked from the arena and had dinner at a deli right across from UVA campus. We got a window seat and saw Keith Leroux walk by with some friends. We exchanged hugs with him, talked about the show, and left for the hotel. Just ss we were walking by the hotel’s bar/restaurant, we saw Paul, Tommy, and Danny (Paul’s security guy) through the window, enjoying drinks and a meal. We went up to our room to unload our merchandise and saw Doc in the elevator. It was almost like being on the Kruise. We went back down to the hotel bar and enjoyed some drinks with the guys mere feet away.

I’m glad I did for many reasons. We are spending the weekend here then heading back home on Sunday. I will miss the Greensboro show, but will be in Columbia on Tuesday. I can’t wait to experience another indelible moment on this tour.
Cool review, sounds like you had a non-stop night of encounters! Seeing Doc randomly in your elevator but have been hilarious (in a good way). As for Kiss, I've been hearing/reading they were pretty on for the Charlottesville show, looking forward to seeing clips. :thumleft:
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:55 am It's not denial. That's not what I saw or heard tonight.
If Kiss, in particular Paul, was not lip syncing, then they would've addressed the "rumors" (FACTS) long ago with the macho bravado they are famous for over the years in my opinion. With that said, if you believe he is not lip syncing, you are certainly entitled to believe that and nobody can tell you what you can or can't believe. In my opinion, I believe whole heartedly 100% that he is lip syncing the majority of the show each and every night. Modern technology is pretty awesome and the front row videos don't lie. This isn't black and white reel to reel film from the 1920's. Thank you for your time. I think it's great you enjoyed the show.
So Cruel

Post by So Cruel »

Everyone and their mother knows Paul is lip syncing
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

redinthesky wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:27 pm
BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:57 am Incredible night. JPJ Arena was a great venue. Roth was much better live than I had anticipated. As for KISS...well, at this point, you either savor seeing them or you don’t. I always record the intro and DRC, then I put the phone down and enjoy. It was a great show and I enjoyed every minute. I was front row perfectly center and was loving every minute...even down to the slight hiccup that Paul had on Black Diamond...he’s the quintessential frontman, love him. Gene was strong vocally and delivered as usual. The energy was as good I’ve seen on this tour. Charlotte is still the best show that I’ve seen on this tour, but this one was in line with the Raleigh show that I saw last year. Stellar performance and profoundly entertaining. I caught a water bottle from Gene...my lone band souvenir of the night.

Cool review, sounds like you had a non-stop night of encounters! Seeing Doc randomly in your elevator but have been hilarious (in a good way). As for Kiss, I've been hearing/reading they were pretty on for the Charlottesville show, looking forward to seeing clips. :thumleft:
Yes, it was funny. We saw him again at the bar. Another wild thing happened around Noon today. We heard this friendly knock knock-knock-knock-knock at our door. My girlfriend looked through the peephole and said “there’s an older gentleman outside the door”. I looked through the peephole and it was Danny, Paul’s security guy. I was about to get in the shower, so she opened the door and said “hi” and he responded “oh, sorry, wrong room.” She noticed that he was knocking on the door beside ours. Paul was staying in the room right next to us.
I was like “holy crap!”. Just part of the charm of seeing your favorite band in a small college town. :)
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:50 pm

Yes, it was funny. We saw him again at the bar. Another wild thing happened around Noon today. We heard this friendly knock knock-knock-knock-knock at our door. My girlfriend looked through the peephole and said “there’s an older gentleman outside the door”. I looked through the peephole and it was Danny, Paul’s security guy. I was about to get in the shower, so she opened the door and said “hi” and he responded “oh, sorry, wrong room.” She noticed that he was knocking on the door beside ours. Paul was staying in the room right next to us.
I was like “holy crap!”. Just part of the charm of seeing your favorite band in a small college town. :)
Oh man! It would have been amazing if you were playing some Kiss and Paul did his own version of the "David Lee Roth" knock a 'la Vegas, only this time it would have been a genuine fan :)
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

redinthesky wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:17 pm
BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:50 pm

Oh man! It would have been amazing if you were playing some Kiss and Paul did his own version of the "David Lee Roth" knock a 'la Vegas, only this time it would have been a genuine fan :)

Ha - yep. Now, that would have been even more epic. :)

I have to give Paul major kudos for being so gracious last night to 10-15 fans who quietly waited while he and the guys finished their dinner...then asked to take a picture with him. He spent about twenty minutes or so posing for pics with them when he had to have been exhausted. No one one will ever know except for those who were in the bar and I’m sure this happens on occasion. Tommy stayed as well as Danny and Doc. Good stuff.