EOTR 2020 - Feb. 4, Allentown, PA

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

EOTR 2020 - Feb. 4, Allentown, PA

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 4, Allentown, PA

Post by nibbler1982 »

Allentown can’t come soon enough.

ELECTRIC CHURCH BABY!!!!
Tallbear13
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tallbear13 »

Oh yea
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

"YEAH,YEAH,YEAH!!!!!!!!!"
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

Where are you FAQers sitting? I'm a last minute attendee and the venue website is down for maintenance, so I haven't gotten my ticket yet. I'll be flying solo this trip!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Wicked_Chester wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:42 am Where are you FAQers sitting? I'm a last minute attendee and the venue website is down for maintenance, so I haven't gotten my ticket yet. I'll be flying solo this trip!
5th row, center, aisle.

I’ll be looking for you Brother Ches.
yomontecarlo
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by yomontecarlo »

5th Row Gene Side
Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde »

Groupon has good floor and 100-level seats still at $45 flat - looks like the sale ends on Sunday:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.groupo ... ading-2020
You Are Bad Phil
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by You Are Bad Phil »

I noticed that the "ticket fee" for front row is $170 just by itself! (It's *only* $15.75 for the $69.50 tickets.) Is this typical for this venue, or is it just a Kiss thing?
kissalive90
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissalive90 »

You Are Bad Phil wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:44 pm I noticed that the "ticket fee" for front row is $170 just by itself! (It's *only* $15.75 for the $69.50 tickets.) Is this typical for this venue, or is it just a Kiss thing?
That's a Ticketmaster thing. They are the biggest crooks in the Biz.

I just took advantage of the Groupon mentioned above. My Daughter and I will be having a great night out. So pumped. Looking forward to whatever new songs they mix in. Not expecting deep cuts, but just something different from the last leg I saw in Hershey.
BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Have fun, all!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

SCREWED IN ALLENTOWN!!!

Okay, so when buying VIP seats for this show they don’t let you see an interactive map or even have a seating map on the website (you can see where this is going).

Anyway...although I certainly do have 5th row aisle seats. THEY’RE ALL THE WAY IN ORCHESTRA RIGHT!!!

Whatever. I’m really considering buying 15th row aisle CENTER ORCHESTRA seats and just burning the ones I have. If there were 8th-10th row available it wouldn’t even be a question. The current 15th row that are available is a little too far back for me. What to do?

Ultimately it’s my fault. However...I’ve been buying KISS VIP seats for years now, for roughly FIFTY SHOWS THAT IS. They ALWAYS (not this time :D) allot the center orchestra first. After talking to management I find out at PPL they just shoot them out sequentially. It’s not even broken up in Left, Center, and Right Orchestra. It’s just Row 5 seats 1-50. There aren’t any other VIPs currently available. Whatever. I’m gonna have a blast either way. It’s just unfortunate.

Bring on Allentown!!!
Ace of Bass

Post by Ace of Bass »

nibbler1982 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:55 am SCREWED IN ALLENTOWN!!!

Okay, so when buying VIP seats for this show they don’t let you see an interactive map or even have a seating map on the website (you can see where this is going).

Anyway...although I certainly do have 5th row aisle seats. THEY’RE ALL THE WAY IN ORCHESTRA RIGHT!!!

Whatever. I’m really considering buying 15th row aisle CENTER ORCHESTRA seats and just burning the ones I have. If there were 8th-10th row available it wouldn’t even be a question. The current 15th row that are available is a little too far back for me. What to do?

Ultimately it’s my fault. However...I’ve been buying KISS VIP seats for years now, for roughly FIFTY SHOWS THAT IS. They ALWAYS (not this time :D) allot the center orchestra first. After talking to management I find out at PPL they just shoot them out sequentially. It’s not even broken up in Left, Center, and Right Orchestra. It’s just Row 5 seats 1-50. There aren’t any other VIPs currently available. Whatever. I’m gonna have a blast either way. It’s just unfortunate.

Bring on Allentown!!!
Sorry to hear that, Brother Nibbs. I found the PPL Center ticket site to be the least user friendly one I’ve ever used.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Bring on Allentown!!!
Karma or irony? Take away a page with little dots and you have no power. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Ace of Bass wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:29 am

Bring on Allentown!!!
Sorry to hear that, Brother Nibbs. I found the PPL Center ticket site to be the least user friendly one I’ve ever used.
Thanks brah.

I’ll agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT Brother Bass.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Tymaster wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:11 am

Bring on Allentown!!!
Karma or irony? Take away a page with little dots and you have no power. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m not sure what power the interactive maps give me.

Although I assuredly can’t navigate a seating chart that doesn’t exist.

I’m happy to put a smile on your face.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Bring on Allentown!!!
And the jerk comment of the week goes to... :roll:
spiritof76
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spiritof76 »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 pm

Bring on Allentown!!!
It is kind of funny that Mr seating map got burned on his seats.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 pm

Bring on Allentown!!!
Don’t sweat it Brother Slow...

They mock what they don’t understand.
99E7659E-F3ED-46A3-97CF-A5D8536E6CB7.jpeg
joeyboy
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by joeyboy »

Hey Nibbs,I am out on the Island as well...you hear anything about a Jones beach show? or do you think it would have been added already?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

joeyboy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 pm Hey Nibbs,I am out on the Island as well...you hear anything about a Jones beach show? or do you think it would have been added already?
I wouldn’t hold my breath Brother Jo Jo.

I don’t believe they’re gonna “poison the waters” of a New York concert with the big finale next year.
joeyboy
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by joeyboy »

I am looking to go to Xfinity in Ct .Is that same ferry that you take to Bridgeport? Like when they played at Webster Bank?
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

I've never been to this venue, or Allentown for that matter. Anyone have any insight in what's around it? Any restaurants or pubs within walking distance?
pete1699
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pete1699 »

Wicked_Chester wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am I've never been to this venue, or Allentown for that matter. Anyone have any insight in what's around it? Any restaurants or pubs within walking distance?
Lots of options for places to eat and drink around the area, but the most convenient is that there is a Chickies and Pete’s in the venue itself; if you’re not familiar with that - chickies serves bar food and drinks etc and it’s a big restaurant should be loaded with Kiss fans
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

pete1699 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:47 pm
Wicked_Chester wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am I've never been to this venue, or Allentown for that matter. Anyone have any insight in what's around it? Any restaurants or pubs within walking distance?
Lots of options for places to eat and drink around the area, but the most convenient is that there is a Chickies and Pete’s in the venue itself; if you’re not familiar with that - chickies serves bar food and drinks etc and it’s a big restaurant should be loaded with Kiss fans
Thanks for the scoop!!
scotty971
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty971 »

I’ll be there tomorrow! It will be my 30th KISS show since 1990.
ManOf1000Faces
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ManOf1000Faces »

Get there early. Traffic tends to snake around several city blocks on the way to the in-house parking garage entrance, which is at the back of the building. You don't want to go through that twice, if you miss a turn.
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

ManOf1000Faces wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:51 am Get there early. Traffic tends to snake around several city blocks on the way to the in-house parking garage entrance, which is at the back of the building. You don't want to go through that twice, if you miss a turn.
Does the parking garage have an address for GPS purposes? I was just going to use the venue addy.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Wicked_Chester wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:06 am
ManOf1000Faces wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:51 am Get there early. Traffic tends to snake around several city blocks on the way to the in-house parking garage entrance, which is at the back of the building. You don't want to go through that twice, if you miss a turn.
Does the parking garage have an address for GPS purposes? I was just going to use the venue addy.
That should work, it's connected to the venue
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Well...the day is here.

Once again I get the pleasure of attending a KISS concert. Shit man, I’ve lost count but the number is definitely over a hundred. Sooner or later there won’t be anymore KISS. That day most certainly isn’t here yet!

Just finishing up a job and then heading home. I figure getting in the road by 2:00pm is a good idea. Gives me all the time in the world to get to Allentown and scope out the area before the show. Find a nice restaurant for dinner and the most expensive private lot in the area to park. That last move always saves a ton of pain, blues, and agony when trying to leave a show.

ELECTRIC CHURCH BABY!!!

KISS Army 2020
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

Crown Royal wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 am
Wicked_Chester wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:06 am
That should work, it's connected to the venue
10-4. Thanks!
Seanjc
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Seanjc »

So I went to the PPL Center's website and the majority of sections are still available. The cheapest ticket price is $69.50 plus a $15.75 service fee. Just for the sake of it, I called the box office and asked if they had any for $50. They said no. Not really feeling paying $85 plus parking and tolls to see this show. I could risk going directly to the BO an hour or two before showtime to see if prices are lower. However, the arena is at least a 90 minute drive for me.

Maybe I'll wait a while and check again. I wish I had known about the Groupon deal that expired on Sunday. I could have purchased a seat in one of the 100s sections for $45.
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

To all who are going... ENJOY!!! Have a great time and be safe!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

I’m not gonna be able to give a showtime interactive map shot since I’m gonna be there. Here’s what it looks like now. As per the norm on this tour the sales pick up briskly in the last week or two. I’d say about 95% sold.
954E47DE-FAF3-426D-86D2-3BD1873E541C.jpeg
C8F816AD-7C9A-4818-8209-D9A9532A7CE7.jpeg
5782BAD2-32C8-4BD5-9A95-17934362360E.jpeg
D860D950-280A-42FF-8E33-D5BC6E89073E.jpeg
F7EA2B70-9A6F-4E46-B0BE-5013D29598F5.jpeg
Nice job KISS Army Allentown!

Now it’s time to jump in the shower then jump in my truck!
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 am

Now it’s time to jump in the shower
You really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really could have left that part out 8)

Have fun, Bro Nibbs
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Have fun, all!
kissologistna
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by kissologistna »

Show # 25 for me and it looks like it will be a Rock and Roll Party
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Have a Blast!!
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Hopefully they do a snippet of Billy Joel's "Allentown"
Seanjc
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Seanjc »

I decided not to attend but I hope everyone going enjoys themselves.
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

Crown Royal wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:33 pm Hopefully they do a snippet of Billy Joel's "Allentown"
I hope not. That's one of the worst songs known to mankind.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Fartbone wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:06 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:33 pm Hopefully they do a snippet of Billy Joel's "Allentown"
I hope not. That's one of the worst songs known to mankind.
It is. And it's not even about Allentown, it's about Bethlehem, PA.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

And as usual...

The bourbon’s flowing. :D
5EB7319F-CD61-4543-B36B-664D4372C56B.jpeg
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

Everybody have a great time tonight. Wish I could be there with you guys.
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

Just got to my seat... row 11 on the floor. Any other FAQers near by? I'm sporting my Cesspool shirt. Say hey!
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Have fun guys! Hopefully no loud fan noises tonight!
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

So, what's the last song played before KISS come on stage?
Thayerscomet
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Thayerscomet »

looks like another packed house
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

Have fun guys, enjoy the show!