EOTR 2020 - Feb. 1, Manchester, NH

Admin
Gettin' Uppity

EOTR 2020 - Feb. 1, Manchester, NH

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...

https://www.facebook.com/events/688972498176487/
Murphy's Taproom
494 Elm St, Manchester, New Hampshire 03101
Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 4 PM – 9 PM EST
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 1, Manchester, NH

Post by nibbler1982 »

I really enjoy these threads.

BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Seeing this thread posted by the Admin gave me chills.
KISS 2020 is a mere nine days away.

Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Yep Greensboro on the 8th for me and Columbia on the 11th

NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by NYRockCity »

This looks fun do you guys do this for a lot of the concert stops?

Uhallnight
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Uhallnight »

I'll be there taking my wife and daughter to their first show. My first since 1996 and likely last show. Kind of a nice way to close out the concert going part of my fandom and experiencing it with my kid. She's heard the songs in the car growing up and likes most of what's on the setlist. Should be fun!

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

Uhallnight wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am
I'll be there taking my wife and daughter to their first show. My first since 1996 and likely last show. Kind of a nice way to close out the concert going part of my fandom and experiencing it with my kid. She's heard the songs in the car growing up and likes most of what's on the setlist. Should be fun!
Nice!

I loved bringing my daughter to her first show in 2004. We'll be attending our last KISS show together this fall. We'll have attended three total, and I loved every second. :)

Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

Uhallnight wrote:
As someone who has sorta tapped out after the Farewell I was very impressed (more so than I imagined) by the EOTR show in Boston last year.

That said I'm not paying $250 for good seats to see them in NH.

warmachine 70
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by warmachine 70 »

going to try to make this show.already going to xfinity center in Sept.

Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Coventry1973 »

Uhallnight wrote:
That's great you're taking your family for their first show. I remember taking my wife and kids when they were 4 and 6 to the Psycho Circus show. They loved it.
Great times with the family. My son and I went to a show together last March and met up with friends. :D

godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by godofthunder1969 »

I'll be there! hopefully see some you at Murphy's!

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

I wish I could go. I thought about it. For some reason I really enjoy going to opening night of a tour. It’s just a bit of a drive for me here out in Long Island. It’s five hours plus if everything goes right and no traffic.

I did the drive to the Meadowbrook Amphitheatre back in 2013. It was my first look at Spidey. They crammed (and I mean crammed) him into that tiny stage. It was cool regardless. Great show. The thing that really bugged me was as soon as I got home...hours later I had to turn around and drive to Mohegan for Sabbath.

I hope everyone has a great time. It’s certainly filling up.

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

So, what's the general consensus? A few new songs starting tonight?

Could help sales for upcoming shows.

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Crown Royal wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm

The casuals won't be checking setlist.fm every 5 minutes seeing whether they play x over y, most casuals still won't know Say Yeah or Sonic Bewm!

Den Dennis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Den Dennis »

Crown Royal wrote:

redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Wow, another Kiss tour leg, 2020, where does the time go.....to all attending, have a great time.

acefan1975
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by acefan1975 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:29 pm
I wish I could go. I thought about it. For some reason I really enjoy going to opening night of a tour. It’s just a bit of a drive for me here out in Long Island. It’s five hours plus if everything goes right and no traffic.

I did the drive to the Meadowbrook Amphitheatre back in 2013. It was my first look at Spidey. They crammed (and I mean crammed) him into that tiny stage. It was cool regardless. Great show. The thing that really bugged me was as soon as I got home...hours later I had to turn around and drive to Mohegan for Sabbath.

This is not the opening night of the tour, just a new leg?

SaintN'Sinner83

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

I might be going. I've made sure to get great floor seats 8 rows back for KISS in my last decade - but this time I may just get a cheap crappy seat just to go, hang out with fans, etc.

It's only an hour drive, for me. And on a Saturday.

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

acefan1975 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:36 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:

No doubt.

100%

Waceeledu
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Waceeledu »

Taking my 7 year old son and 18 year old stepdaughter. The circle of life. I can't wait. KISS is timeless but they won't be around forever. Don't be the person that regrets not going. Enjoy KISS in concert one last time.

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:50 pm
Crown Royal wrote:

The casuals won't be checking setlist.fm every 5 minutes seeing whether they play x over y, most casuals still won't know Say Yeah or Sonic Bewm!
No, but I don't think it's casuals that are staying away from shows due to stale setlists

BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

If you are a “diehard” KISS fan, you aren’t choosing to sit at home on your sofa due to the setlist. You are either unable to afford the ticket prices, understandably so, or are under house arrest.
A diehard KISS will attend at least one EOTR, because it’s their last opportunity to physically see the band live one last time.
“Vocal smoothing pedal”, “bad wigs”, Tommy and Eric, or complaint du jour be damned.

Just my opinion.

tazchris
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tazchris »

I am a die hard, and can afford the ticket prices. I am only unable to attend due to the fact that I don't have a passport, can't afford to travel, and they refuse to play anywhere within' a fourteen hour drive from where I live. I do live in a city that has an NHL size arena (19,289 for hockey, and an average of 14,000 available seats for concerts with typical stage set up). We have a population over 1 million people, and drew 16,000 fans the last time they played here. However, we have been continuously passed over for the EOTR so that's how it goes. I don't care about "vocal smoothing," or "bad wigs" I would love too see this tour. I just won't get the chance. For everyone seeing them for the fifth, or sixth time on this tour I suggest don't complain about anything. Just have go, and have a blast.

star_paul12

Post by star_paul12 »

BlackDiamond67 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 pm
If you are a “diehard” KISS fan, you aren’t choosing to sit at home on your sofa due to the setlist. You are either unable to afford the ticket prices, understandably so, or are under house arrest.
A diehard KISS will attend at least one EOTR, because it’s their last opportunity to physically see the band live one last time.
“Vocal smoothing pedal”, “bad wigs”, Tommy and Eric, or complaint du jour be damned.

Just my opinion.
This is the dumbest thing I’ve read on here in a while

RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

BlackDiamond67 wrote:

Just my opinion.
Diehard since 1977. I'm not going because I've seen this lineup many times, and feel that they are not delivering enough for what this tour is supposed to be. It's just another show with nothing really special about it. Throw in that I don't believe for a second that the opportunity to see them live stops after the last date on this tour and I just can't justify to myself being suckered into paying artificially inflated prices for just another show.

Uhallnight
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Uhallnight »

Well, I don't know what they are going to do, but I do know that this will be my last time seeing them live. They're not going to be getting any younger. I thought about seeing them in Boston last year and kind of regretted not going, but it was a weeknight during a busy week. When I saw this show was on a Saturday night, I said screw it and bought tickets.

BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

star_paul12 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:28 pm
BlackDiamond67 wrote:

Just my opinion.
Sorry I touched a nerve.

That’s your right. I personally think the opinion that all diehard fans are staying home and that the current EOTR audience is being comprised solely of casuals is both galactically dumb and colossally ignorant...in my humble opinion.
Last edited by BlackDiamond67 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

RisingForce wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:57 pm
BlackDiamond67 wrote:

Just my opinion.
Diehard since 1977. I'm not going because I've seen this lineup many times, and feel that they are not delivering enough for what this tour is supposed to be. It's just another show with nothing really special about it. Throw in that I don't believe for a second that the opportunity to see them live stops after the last date on this tour and I just can't justify to myself being suckered into paying artificially inflated prices for just another show.

Fair enough. So, it’s the ROI that is the deal breaker for you.
I can appreciate that, although I may feel differently.
Diehard since 1976 and I wouldn’t miss this tour for anything.

My point was that it’s as ridiculous to say that all diehards are attending as it is to say that all diehards are sitting this tour out.
I think that we can agree that there are many diehards doing both. For some to make the statement that, “oh you’re attending this tour? You are clearly a casual and don’t care about the setlist.” Not accurate and profoundly ignorant. If one is being fair and intellectually honest, they would have issue with both statements.

The same statement is made about all of the Kruisers. The ironic thing is that there have been more deep cuts on the Kruise than any show in decades and, sometimes, the Kruise has been the moment of some songs being played live for the first time ever.
Last edited by BlackDiamond67 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

tazchris wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:04 pm
I am a die hard, and can afford the ticket prices. I am only unable to attend due to the fact that I don't have a passport, can't afford to travel, and they refuse to play anywhere within' a fourteen hour drive from where I live. I do live in a city that has an NHL size arena (19,289 for hockey, and an average of 14,000 available seats for concerts with typical stage set up). We have a population over 1 million people, and drew 16,000 fans the last time they played here. However, we have been continuously passed over for the EOTR so that's how it goes. I don't care about "vocal smoothing," or "bad wigs" I would love too see this tour. I just won't get the chance. For everyone seeing them for the fifth, or sixth time on this tour I suggest don't complain about anything. Just have go, and have a blast.
Fair enough as well. I will stipulate that “not included in list of tour dates” to “affordability” and “house arrest” as legitimate reasons for not attending (in my opinion).

stormrider81
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by stormrider81 »

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-lnc-ki ... ve-booking

On Groupon for anyone who is on the fence about going

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Yup. With a week to go it’s looking good.
654EE880-515B-43B2-A4C6-E47084420C90.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uhallnight
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Uhallnight »

The Groupon will help filling in the 100s and 200s, but the floor is what is selling the least. I prefer stadium seating so I have a clearer view, but I assume it's the pricing and those haven't dropped yet.

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Uhallnight wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:04 am
The Groupon will help filling in the 100s and 200s, but the floor is what is selling the least. I prefer stadium seating so I have a clearer view, but I assume it's the pricing and those haven't dropped yet.
They’ll find a price that fits a buyer soon enough on those too.

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

star_paul12 wrote:
BlackDiamond67 wrote:

Just my opinion.
Sheer idiocy

BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Clown Royal wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:15 pm
star_paul12 wrote:
BlackDiamond67 wrote:

Just my opinion. you
Sheer idiocy
The truth hurts and the defensiveness of you both speaks volumes.

SaintN'Sinner83

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

If I go, I'll be getting my ticket the night before.

I usually get a great floor seat in the first 10 rows for peanuts because single seats are the only odd ones left and get discounted heavily.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

BlackDiamond67 wrote:

Just my opinion.
I've read a lot of dumb things here, but this takes the cake.

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

8EC1F5CE-B59F-47E2-B6EB-AD308B683D09.jpeg
The floor is starting to move now too.

Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Yep

SecretlyFrehley
Banned
Banned

Post by SecretlyFrehley »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 pm
acefan1975 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

No doubt.

100%
That can’t be right, Lost Cities was a totally different tour than Alive/Worldwide right?

SecretlyFrehley
Banned
Banned

BlackDiamond67 wrote:

Just my opinion.
I see your lip synch, bad wigs and scabs and raise you boring setlist, total lack of energy and movement onstage and lies about how many songs they’re playing (Paul said 25); lies about not returning to the same area twice (“Once we play your city that’s it”); lies about having past members involved (“the door is open”); lies about “being in the shape of our lives”, lies about “all new show” (putting a fresh coat of paint on a car doesn’t make it an all new car, and changing the stage doesn’t make it an all new show) and lies about “we’ve never sounded better”.

But yeah. Other than that it’s still real to me, damnit.

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

SecretlyFrehley wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:59 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 pm
acefan1975 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

No doubt.

100%
That can’t be right, Lost Cities was a totally different tour than Alive/Worldwide right?
Depends on who you ask.

You ever read this one?
768CDF39-918B-4DEC-BDA5-B16EFACBDC23.jpeg
On page 566 of Julian Gill’s incredibly comprehensive KISS ON TOUR 1973-2017 it clearly states.

“The Alive/Worldwide tour officially concluded in Melbourne, Australia, on February 15, 1997. The members took a month off before the “Lost Cities” tour, named for those cities and countries that had been skipped during the previous eight months, kicked off in Mexico City on March 7.”

What’s your opinion?

We’d like to know.
88F8E54D-F1F8-4EA1-827B-75A7147B7B6C.jpeg

SecretlyFrehley
Banned
Banned

Nope. You ever read these ones?

Or watch this?

We’d like to know.

KLP68
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KLP68 »

Texas has represented well. So far Corpus Christi, Dallas then San Antonio, Houston. This leg El Paso, Lubbock. Then this fall it will be Austin, Fort Worth. Cities that already had concerts sold out or where 90-95%.. El Paso is sold and Lubbock is getting there.

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

SecretlyFrehley wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Or watch this?

We’d like to know.
I have. Some good ones in there.

It’s too bad you haven’t read the one I posted. It’s the best comprehensive archive of KISS’ touring history bar none. As much as I loved KAF...it makes that one look like amateur hour.

Like I said, too bad you haven’t read it. If so you’d agree there are conflicting reports out there. Like these words from the Starchild himself...

1:29:55
“It was back to America for round two, this second go ‘round was dubbed the Lost Cities Tour.”
-Paul Stanley-

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVeWaoeggg

Just sayin’. :D

NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by NYRockCity »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 pm
SecretlyFrehley wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Or watch this?

We’d like to know.
I have. Some good ones in there.

It’s too bad you haven’t read the one I posted. It’s the best comprehensive archive of KISS’ touring history bar none. As much as I loved KAF...it makes that one look like amateur hour.

Like I said, too bad you haven’t read it. If so you’d agree there are conflicting reports out there. Like these words from the Starchild himself...

1:29:55
“It was back to America for round two, this second go ‘round was dubbed the Lost Cities Tour.”
-Paul Stanley-

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVeWaoeggg

Just sayin’. :D
I liked Paul’s book. It was well written and enjoyable to read on my commutes. I’m now reading Peter’s book (I’m only on about chapter 4 though). Haven’t read any of the other biographies yet.

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Yeah, I’ve read ‘em all.

Some better than others.

I’m a completist either way.

Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Yea read them too

SecretlyFrehley
Banned
Banned

Check the booklet that came with The Second Coming. Has all the tour dates listed. As Alive/Worldwide.

And if you take a third of the tour away I imagine that would no longer be the top grossing tour of the year.

ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

According to a recent interview with Tommy, they are completely revamping the setlist starting with this show