EOTR 2019 - Feb. 11, West Hollywood, CA

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Re: EOTR 2019 - Feb. 11, West Hollywood, CA

Post by Admin »

drgbootz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:41 am
The Man wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 am I have never seen a more toxic fanbase .....dear lord ....move on .
Agreed...unfortunately despite some really cool people this place always ends up being the cess pit!
There are some who simply have no KISS joy left in their hearts and can't move on. They're the sort of folks who would remind a terminal cancer patient that they're dying on a daily basis. Perhaps they feel that there needs to be a KISS Konsistency Warrior. That being said, I've never had an interest in hanging in a kitten-licked echo-chamber where there is no aggravation, friction or disagreement. People just have to learn to filter out the static. Roll your eyes and move on, it'll all be over soon enough, and then there'll only be pompous windbags left pontificating.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

Admin wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:16 am They're the sort of folks who would remind a terminal cancer patient that they're dying on a daily basis.
There are people who do not appreciate what the band is doing right now who have lost loved ones to cancer. I think that was probably the least cool thing I have seen anyone say here.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Tito wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:37 am
Admin wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:16 am They're the sort of folks who would remind a terminal cancer patient that they're dying on a daily basis.
There are people who do not appreciate what the band is doing right now who have lost loved ones to cancer. I think that was probably the least cool thing I have seen anyone say here.
MANY of US have lost loved ones to cancer or fight life-threatening illness on a daily basis.
John Connor
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by John Connor »

John800 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 am All right, just got back from Hollywood. I'm going to try and post a summary of my experience from the outside, but I'm very exhausted so please excuse me if I'm inaccurate somewhere.

Thanks for sharing! Sounded like a good time, even though you didn't get in to the party :D
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

I figured these threads for each show would be longer but they r tiny, G&P need to shake things up so there are things to discuss. If they are lip syncing there’s no reason they can’t bring out obscure songs...
peopleselbow
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by peopleselbow »

John800 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 am All right, just got back from Hollywood. I'm going to try and post a summary of my experience from the outside, but I'm very exhausted so please excuse me if I'm inaccurate somewhere.

So I want to start off by saying, no, I did not get into the event, so what I'll be typing here is basically a perspective of everything else that went on outside.

So I get there around 4ish and go to the Rainbow to get a drink and relax a bit before gearing myself up to try and ask around if anyone has an extra ticket. It was as I passed the Whisky on the way to the Rainbow that I noticed the sign had Wicked Lester posted instead of KISS, which I thought was pretty cool. So after the Rainbow, I then go to the Whisky and the staff had a line going around one side and I noticed some people hanging out on the other. I asked one person what was up and was told that they were people hoping to get in. I looked over to the people in line and was yelled at by staff very quickly to go to the other side or leave.

Security was very tight. On top of normal security for the Whisky, there were several officers and guys in suits with the ear pieces. You'd think an important politician was coming :lol: .

The sun started going down a bit and I was hanging out with some people I met in line who were also hoping to get in. We were having a good time when a guy dressed in all black, a black hat, and a hoodie over his head stood next to me. I didn't think much of it until a girl I was talking to looked shocked and mouthed "Billy Corgan" to me. I looked again and sure enough, it was him. He stayed standing there for a bit until someone walked up to him to talk to him, then he stepped away for awhile until a friend of his showed up (I'm almost positive it was Jeff Schroeder, but I'm not sure). So then they proceeded to go inside. Then I saw LL Cool J arrive and walk right in, and some time later I saw John 5 and Rob Zombie walk in. It looked like security tried giving John some trouble, but he brushed them off and walked right inside without being checked (at least that's what it looked like from my angle).

During all of this, we heard that KISS might be coming from across the street and that they were going to block traffic and do a quick photo shoot. Well sure enough, once just about everyone was inside, KISS showed up across the street while the cops had traffic blocked. When they got about midway, they stopped and it looked like Paul struck a pose (I'm sure they all did, but I mainly noticed that). So this is the first time I've seen the new costumes in person, and I got to say I really dig them. They looked awesome up close like that and it somehow added to the jealousy that I had over all those who got to be inside.

I see them go inside as I hear the "You Wanted the Best" line and next thing I know, I'm hearing Deuce and I can't help but get excited. Security is yelling at us to get back, but not to leave. So a bunch of us just decided to stay and hang around. The doors are open and we can very clearly hear the music. So the people I had started talking with and I found ourselves getting into it and singing along, when a couple of others near us started doing the same. When that was going on, there was a bunch of talk of fans asking each other where they came from, how they got into the band, etc.

Here's another thing I want to bring up, while I'm seeing here alot of people complaining about the setlist, the people I was close with outside were having a great time. When Love Gun started, the guy next to me just shouts "Aw Yeah!" and goes into it, and when Black Diamond started up, everyone got kind of quiet to hear the beginning. While we could argue all day what should and shouldn't be in a setlist, I can say the people who were right outside the building were largely loving it, and it seemed those who were inside enjoyed it too... well mostly. LL Cool J left in the middle of Love Gun :lol:

After the show, KISS exited the way they came in and had a tour bus waiting right at the street corner which had a blocked off barricade to so no one could interfere. It seemed from my angle that everyone got in the bus quickly except for Gene. Gene kept talking with someone, but I'm not sure about what, until someone came and yelled for Gene to hurry on the bus.

One big gripe I did have with the whole thing is I think Sirius needs to figure out how to do these better. They claimed early on that the place would be packed and they would have no extra tickets. Well the tickets were these lanyards, and they had a large amount left at the end of the show. What happened was that there were several no shows, and I do mean several. So, of course third song in the girl that's been hanging with us goes and asks about it, and they tell her no, that the show is packed. She asks about the extra lanyards, and they tell her its no shows, to which she responds with how its not packed, but they still tell her no. At the end of the show, I asked one of them that since the show was over, if they could spare one as a memento, and I was told no, that the executives wanted the extras as a keepsake :roll: . There must have been at least 30+ easily, and I'm low balling that estimate. It honestly looked like there were more than enough to get everyone who was waiting and hoping outside to get inside. I get stuff can get weird in these things, and I have no idea how to suggest fixing an issue like that, but it all just seemed unfortunate.

But to sum up this post (yes I know its kinda long, sorry), I'm really happy I went out there tonight. I got to hear KISS music, hang out with strangers and bonded over out love of KISS. We talked of favorite albums, songs, and moments. I got to do my Paul Stanley impersonation which of course lead to requests of saying certain lines :lol: . It felt really exciting to be among all of this and even though I couldn't get inside, I wound up having a blast. I can't wait for Saturday's show at the Forum 8)

I'm uploading 3 pictures. I took the one of the marquee, and Jennifer (I think, I met her and heard her name once) took the ones of the band posing in front of the Whisky and of the setlist one fan let us look at.
THANK YOU FOR THIS !
soeuropean
Banned

Post by soeuropean »

Anyone else just know that was going to be a one line reply as soon as they saw the whole friggin thing being quoted?
Mr. Kiss

Post by Mr. Kiss »

Nellcote71 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 pm
acefan1975 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm What time does the show start?
When the soundman hits the “play” button
:idea: ... :P ... :!:

A 12 song set? That's unacceptable. Enough said.
Randell Stevens
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Randell Stevens »

soeuropean wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 am Anyone else just know that was going to be a one line reply as soon as they saw the whole friggin thing being quoted?
That's it, you win the internet!!!
PsychoElder
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by PsychoElder »

Great post John800! Thanks for sharing, sounds like it was a fun time.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Agreed.
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

steveh67 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm
Agreed.
So you would remind a terminal cancer patient that they're dying on a daily basis :shock:
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Erwin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm
steveh67 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm
Agreed.
So you would remind a terminal cancer patient that they're dying on a daily basis :shock:
You mis-read that post, you twit!

My father died of cancer in 2016......
AJrox
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by AJrox »

Hard to believe its already been just over a year since this night already.