Page 1 of 1

EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 am
by Admin
Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:37 pm
by nibbler1982
Not one of the strongest looking maps but after the wake of Glendale, Anaheim, and Brooklyn’s numbers I really don’t know what to think anymore.

It appear the last 72 hours and walk up is absolutely fierce on this tour.

I hope everyone at Darien Lake have a great time.
0232D109-CFE3-4279-A9B6-35937E74AB90.jpeg

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:57 pm
by AllCanadianMan
I think this whole leg of the tour will be like this, weak initial sales, Ticketmaster drops the prices and people buy the last couple days at lower amounts . Perhaps people are getting wise to Ticketmasters sneaky, greedy tactics?

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 am
by andreww1962
AllCanadianMan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:57 pm I think this whole leg of the tour will be like this, weak initial sales, Ticketmaster drops the prices and people buy the last couple days at lower amounts . Perhaps people are getting wise to Ticketmasters sneaky, greedy tactics?
Doesn't bode well for the last two and a half years of the tour does it?

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:01 am
by Wicked_Chester
Unfortunately, this is a shitty venue. It's an outdoor shed, but the seating area is covered by a glorified circus tent with a bunch of poles holding it up. A lot of the blue dots that you see are listed as "Obstructed View" and going for $79 a piece. I'm sure this is hampering ticket sales in these areas.

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:53 am
by metaldad
Wicked_Chester wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:01 am Unfortunately, this is a shitty venue. It's an outdoor shed, but the seating area is covered by a glorified circus tent with a bunch of poles holding it up. A lot of the blue dots that you see are listed as "Obstructed View" and going for $79 a piece. I'm sure this is hampering ticket sales in these areas.
I saw Rush there once and yes the place sucks
Great town and walking in you think nothing of it
Until you look for the stage
Ugh

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 am
by vaspaceman
Yeah doesn't look to be the most inviting venue for a show. Too many bad angles and obstructions.
DL.jpg

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:26 am
by nibbler1982
Wicked_Chester wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:01 am Unfortunately, this is a shitty venue. It's an outdoor shed, but the seating area is covered by a glorified circus tent with a bunch of poles holding it up. A lot of the blue dots that you see are listed as "Obstructed View" and going for $79 a piece. I'm sure this is hampering ticket sales in these areas.
Low and behold, 80% of the few seats that are left are indeed “obstructed view”.

Good call Brother Ches.

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:35 am
by syracusekissfan
It's not that bad, the parking lot is a lot worst. They have a no bottle cap policy, which sucks, so if you go, just bring a bottle cap with you. Seen KISS there many times.

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:58 pm
by Jamcarl321
Rock on! I’m still pumped from the Hershey show. Have a great time, regardless of the tenting, I’m jealous. :D

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm
by kiss100
Setlist site only counting 18 songs no calling dr love or Lmgrnr .

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 pm
by metaldad
kiss100 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm Setlist site only counting 18 songs no calling dr love or Lmgrnr .
Yet they keep Say Yeah in the set
Unreal

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:38 pm
by kiss100
metaldad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 pm
kiss100 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm Setlist site only counting 18 songs no calling dr love or Lmgrnr .
Yet they keep Say Yeah in the set
Unreal
Thats one of the worst songs they ever recorded yet cut two of Genes and kept Say Yeah. Flaming youth or Firehouse more of a classic than Say Yeah.

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:41 pm
by metaldad
kiss100 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:38 pm
metaldad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 pm
kiss100 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm Setlist site only counting 18 songs no calling dr love or Lmgrnr .
Yet they keep Say Yeah in the set
Unreal
Thats one of the worst songs they ever recorded yet cut two of Genes and kept Say Yeah. Flaming youth or Firehouse more of a classic than Say Yeah.
I saw this tour 4 times and it’s been nothing but a dud all 4 times
Yet Paul thinks it’s Klassic Kiss so it stays

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 pm
by kiss100
Rise to it .....I think would be a great song to replace say yeah.

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:48 pm
by Fasterpdiddy
kiss100 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:38 pm
metaldad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 pm
kiss100 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm Setlist site only counting 18 songs no calling dr love or Lmgrnr .
Yet they keep Say Yeah in the set
Unreal
Thats one of the worst songs they ever recorded yet cut two of Genes and kept Say Yeah. Flaming youth or Firehouse more of a classic than Say Yeah.
Both LMG,RNR and CDL were played. Well attended despite what the map showed pre-show....

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 23, Darien Center, NY

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:32 pm
by Jollygreen60
I’ve been to many Kiss concerts there. And I’ve had a great time at every one. Be it with my two sons, or my whole family and their loved ones, or everyone and a few friends that came with us. It was the first Kiss show for some of the non-family members. I told them they’ll be standing for the whole Tim and will have their senses bombarded for two plus hours. Hearing will be shot for two days after. And I loved every minute.

That’s what I go for.