EOTR 2019 - Aug. 16, Montreal, QC, Canada

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

EOTR 2019 - Aug. 16, Montreal, QC, Canada

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...
patrickjanicki
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 16, Montreal, QC, Canada

Post by patrickjanicki »

I'll be there!
KissKing73
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KissKing73 »

Prices have been slashed, and good seats still available, I may go for round 2.
Darren1975
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Darren1975 »

I'm flying up to MTL today...
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

When did they put sections 314,414,306 and 406 on sale ? These are shit seats with the way KISS' stage is set up .

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/kiss-end- ... 7ABA2B4014
MrBlom
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by MrBlom »

KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

This isn't a sellout, there are still tickets left, some floor and many along the back of the arena. I'm on the Evenko site now looking to purchase a ticket for tonight.
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

Have a great time to all who are going. As long as Earl Hebner, Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon aren't there to SCREW it up (get the joke), I am sure everyone will have fun.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KissKing73 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:52 am This isn't a sellout, there are still tickets left, some floor and many along the back of the arena. I'm on the Evenko site now looking to purchase a ticket for tonight.
https://tickets.evenko.ca/shop/#/e862f4 ... kin=evenko
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

kissthat wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:15 am
KissKing73 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:52 am This isn't a sellout, there are still tickets left, some floor and many along the back of the arena. I'm on the Evenko site now looking to purchase a ticket for tonight.
Lots of tickets left. They won't sell as many as last time, especially the upper deck. A sell out (like the Maiden show last week) is when you can't select any seat for purchase. Maiden had fans right up to the rafters.

I'll probably grab a level 4 ticket.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KissKing73 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:31 am
Lots of tickets left. They won't sell as many as last time, especially the upper deck. A sell out (like the Maiden show last week) is when you can't select any seat for purchase. Maiden had fans right up to the rafters.

KISS
Bell Centre
Montreal, QC, Canada
March 19, 2019
$1,214,421

No, they certainly will not sell as many seats as last time. Their return trip to the venue less than five months later should insure that fate.

Although whatever they move it was assuredly worth the trip back. Everyday of the week can’t be a Saturday.
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:04 pm

KISS
Bell Centre
Montreal, QC, Canada
March 19, 2019
$1,214,421

No, they certainly will not sell as many seats as last time. Their return trip to the venue less than five months later should insure that fate.

Although whatever they move it was assuredly worth the trip back. Everyday of the week can’t be a Saturday.
Agreed brother Nib, I just scored a $39 ticket for a row production just released! Can’t wait to take in show two.

As a funny coincidence my wife was at the shoe repair store at her work beside the Bell Center and look what she saw! Someone from the Kiss team dropping of Paul’s boots for a repair. He even offered to take a pic of her wearing them LOL

She declined but snapped this pic..
9C999125-CC32-41AF-B575-81618061BCCB.jpeg
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KissKing73 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:04 pm

KISS
Bell Centre
Montreal, QC, Canada
March 19, 2019
$1,214,421

Agreed brother Nib, I just scored a $39 ticket for a row production just released! Can’t wait to take in show two.

As a funny coincidence my wife was at the shoe repair store at her work beside the Bell Center and look what she saw! Someone from the Kiss team dropping of Paul’s boots for a repair. He even offered to take a pic of her wearing them LOL

She declined but snapped this pic..

9C999125-CC32-41AF-B575-81618061BCCB.jpeg
Enjoy the show Brother King. That’s a great pic! As you already know EOTR is one hell of a ride. My one trip to the Bell Centre was a few years back for Corey Hart’s Farewell.

The thing that made it quite interesting was the date was switched at the last second for NHL playoffs. I couldn’t catch a new flight so 24 hours before the show I hopped on my first Greyhound in over thirty years! I was dead tired from the Billy Idol show the night before. Not for nothing...your boys couldn’t even take out my hated crosstown rivals the N.Y. Rangers!!!!

I really enjoyed my trip to the region. Met a lovely young lady at the Meet & Greet that afternoon. She approached me on the street and asked in French if I knew where the Bell Centre was. I shot back in my usual Brooklyn accent, “Yo...I wuz just gonna axe you da same friggin’ thing!” We had a wonderful dinner at some fancy sushi joint about a 10 minute walk from Bell before the show. All I can remember about the place was that it was high end and it was on the second floor. During dinner we were talking music and she schooled me that Lawrence Gowan of Styx was a Canadian guy. I had never heard of him before he joined Styx. Corey was awesome!!! He played about 40 songs! Here’s a pic from 5th row.
578B9ABE-4F1F-4010-A30F-4244E59EFB81.jpeg
My trip to Montreal was absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed your neck of the woods and would love to come back. Once again enjoy the show brah!!!
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

Thanks for sharing Nibs, that’s a great story. Glad you enjoyed your time in Montreal, it’s indeed a great city to take in live music.

Well I’m not sure how they pulled this out, but last night blew the March show away! They were even better this time around. Gene was back on his game, and they whole band was tighter, smiling and laughing through the whole set, and really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Sitting at the back, right in front of the stage, 6 rows up from the floor, I was able to take in the whole production and I have to say, there isn’t a better production on the road. I saw so much I missed being 3rd row floor back in March.

They added more pyro, and they dropped Do You Love Me and added Crazy Nights, which I really enjoyed. I’m so thankful I got to attend this second show on this tour. THIS is the way I want to remember this band. I can say I’m satisfied and thank you Kiss for kicking our asses last night and delivering one hell of a good time.
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Shane_Penney »

I've been to Montreal 24 times for hockey, concerts, baseball, and simply visiting friends over the last 34 years. My first visit was in March 1985 to see the Canadiens play the Minnesota North Stars. It's a 3 hour flight, but I try and get there once every year or two. The last time was in the spring of 2019. The time before that was in October 2017 for Roger Waters. It's a great city where I am very comfortable. I heard that last night's show was arguably better than the one in March from a friend who attended both shows.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Mitch posted a lot of pics on Twitter last night

Last edited by kissthat on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Sorry about the triple posts. Read the last one. :)
Randell Stevens
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Randell Stevens »

BeholderFan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:04 am Have a great time to all who are going. As long as Earl Hebner, Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon aren't there to SCREW it up (get the joke), I am sure everyone will have fun.
Lol. Paul screwed Paul! Paul screwed Paul! Paul screwed Paul!
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

Randell Stevens wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:15 am
BeholderFan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:04 am Have a great time to all who are going. As long as Earl Hebner, Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon aren't there to SCREW it up (get the joke), I am sure everyone will have fun.
Lol. Paul screwed Paul! Paul screwed Paul! Paul screwed Paul!
To borrow from Vince's famous post-Montreal interview with Jim "JR" Ross," concerning the pre- EOTR drama all the way back in January...

"Paul Stanley did not screw Ace Frehley."
"Gene Simmons did not screw Ace Frehley."
"Eric Singer did not screw Ace Frehley."
"Tommy Thayer did not screw Ace Frehley."
"ACE FREHLEY screwed Ace Frehley."

"Ace screwed Ace."

"There's a time honored tradition in KISSTORY, when you leave KISS and if you sell your makeup design back to the KISS Company (Gene and Paul), the band is allowed to put the makeup on anyone one, even the road manager." "Ace didn't want to honor that time honored tradition." "Ace screwed Ace."

LMAO
Darren1975
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Darren1975 »

Flew up to Montréal for my 7th KISS concert in that city (14th concert overall)...
I have no plans to attend any other shows, so I guess it's all over for me. Unless they come to my small town, which I doubt.
Thanks for the run...

D
kissmtl.jpg
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »