EOTR 2019 - Aug. 6, Sunrise, FL

Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: EOTR 2019 - Aug. 6, Sunrise, FL

Post by Mr Slow »

BeholderFan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm
Doose wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 pm
Doose wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 pm Kidding aside, the show is awesome and the band is playing great. But to play "Say Yeah" over something like "I Stole Your Love" or "I Want You" is mind boggling.
I have heard some teeny tiny clips from Intagram, and it appears to be the same setlist. I totally agree with you. I hope to God, that this won't be the same setlist for 2-3 damned years.
Unless anybody plans on seeing multiple shows or following the band all over the world then why does it matter if they keep the same set list for 2-3 damned years??? :scratch:
matwas18
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by matwas18 »

Looks like they opted to do Crazy Nights during the encore instead of Do You Love Me which they played on first North American leg.
King
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by King »

Just got back from the show.
Setlist is the same as European leg.
Crazy Crazy Nights was played before Rock n Roll All Nite.
People were really enjoying themselves.
2 younger girls behind us it was their first concert.
It was fun.
Gene flubbed the words on the 2nd verse of Dr Love. He made a solid effort and was enjoyable.
Paul was cool but looked tired and his voice was ragged.
Tommy was solid. He had a silver flying V for his rocket guitar.
Eric's drum solo was great.
Beth was cool.
This show is almost 40 years later from my first show in 79 whenen I was 12.
So if it's to be my last time it was a good show.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Looks like it ended up being a decent sized crowd. 8)
5444FF70-7A91-4F7D-BB38-FE9BBC8F1A7B.png
1621F3B3-760D-4A89-9154-E273150D09CA.png
eikoppen
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by eikoppen »

At least, they could start with Deuce to make a little difference.
Stanley! You look so cute
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

You Wanted The Best, You Got A Tired Setlist.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:37 am You Wanted The Best, You Got A Tired Setlist.
Why are we all surprised that on the same tour they are playing the same songs? This is still the EOTR tour remember. When did they ever swap songs out mid-tour? Maybe there has 3 or 4 times in 46 years that they would change songs on a regular basis.

I’m not blindly defending them here. I’d love for them to be more flexible and swap songs every show. But it irks me that fans point the finger at the current lineup like this is a new thing. If they used to change out songs but suddenly stopped then I could see why people would be upset. But this is typical for them over their entire history.
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Mr Slow wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 am
Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:37 am You Wanted The Best, You Got A Tired Setlist.
Why are we all surprised that on the same tour they are playing the same songs? This is still the EOTR tour remember. When did they ever swap songs out mid-tour? Maybe there has 3 or 4 times in 46 years that they would change songs on a regular basis.

I’m not blindly defending them here. I’d love for them to be more flexible and swap songs every show. But it irks me that fans point the finger at the current lineup like this is a new thing. If they used to change out songs but suddenly stopped then I could see why people would be upset. But this is typical for them over their entire history.
Let's not forget too that there has ready been 2 changes plus constant rearranging of the songs....but j totally agree nearly every song in this setlist has its own video too. Why are kiss gonna make it harder on themselves by swapping songs...
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

No one is surprised. It's still disappointing. I don't see the logic of not being supposed to wish for something just because you never got it before.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 pm
Doose wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 pm Kidding aside, the show is awesome and the band is playing great. But to play "Say Yeah" over something like "I Stole Your Love" or "I Want You" is mind boggling.
I have heard some teeny tiny clips from Intagram, and it appears to be the same setlist. I totally agree with you. I hope to God, that this won't be the same setlist for 2-3 damned years.
Unless anybody plans on seeing multiple shows or following the band all over the world then why does it matter if they keep the same set list for 2-3 damned years??? :scratch:
The band should want change
What musician wants to play the same songs for 2 or 3 years ?
Not me
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Exactly
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

WTF, they didn't play The Oath? or My Way? or Thrills In The Night? Shocked.
vinniestkulick

Post by vinniestkulick »

Did Crazy CrazyNights stay in the set, or are we back to the U.S. repetition?
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

How are we looking with an opener? Are they using a band yet or still a painter?
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Den Dennis wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:34 am WTF, they didn't play The Oath? or My Way? or Thrills In The Night? Shocked.
Well they save those for the Kruise don’t they ?
Oh wait, they don’t
Starchild3039
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Starchild3039 »

did anyone notice Gene played his Gibson ALIVE! bass and Paul played his sunburst Washburn guitar from his Live To Win Tour?!
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

metaldad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:30 am
Not me
Exactly. Why other fans don't see this, I don't know. I would not want to play the same songs for 2-3 years. In one interview on the European Leg on this tour, Tommy said it succinctly, "We don't want to change it (the setlist)" "We live in a YouTube society and fans want to see the same show." Something like that.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

metaldad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:52 am
Tito wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:41 am its the best 2 hours you'll ever have.
I had fun at the O2 Arena but that's pushing it.
I saw Maiden twice in the last week
2 hr show
Kiss doesn’t come close and it’s not a knock on Kiss
Maiden plays on a whole different level
Ill be careful how I respond to this.

I was at the Manchester UK Kiss and it was a great show. The packed house, atmosphere was electric. The show was superb.
It was a show. A strict choreographed, no ad lib, play to the click, show. But even at that, its was pretty damn good. It was my last Kiss show. I got what I paid for.

Im not a great Iron Maiden fan per se. I am familiar with the band and history.
I saw them twice in the last few years and holy crap, it really was a concert and presentation on another level........ It was a concert first and the show happened behind them. The playing was off the chart. I even knew a few tracks.
KF73

Post by KF73 »

eikoppen wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:32 pm At least, they could start with Deuce to make a little difference.
Agreed. Deuce to me is an opener or 2nd song at the latest. Odd as it may sound, three songs in is too late. They probably need DRC to pace coming down on the pods better. So play Deuce second and SIOL third and I think things would flow better. What the hell do I know though? After all, I'm only seeing my 39th Kiss show tomorrow night!
KF73

Post by KF73 »

Tito wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:27 am No one is surprised. It's still disappointing. I don't see the logic of not being supposed to wish for something just because you never got it before.
Exactly, not the slightest bit surprised. It is what it is!
KF73

Post by KF73 »

warmachine731 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:12 am How are we looking with an opener? Are they using a band yet or still a painter?
David Garibaldi again, according to his website.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

elleneff wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:12 am
metaldad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:52 am
Tito wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:41 am its the best 2 hours you'll ever have.
I had fun at the O2 Arena but that's pushing it.
I saw Maiden twice in the last week
2 hr show
Kiss doesn’t come close and it’s not a knock on Kiss
Maiden plays on a whole different level
Ill be careful how I respond to this.

I was at the Manchester UK Kiss and it was a great show. The packed house, atmosphere was electric. The show was superb.
It was a show. A strict choreographed, no ad lib, play to the click, show. But even at that, its was pretty damn good. It was my last Kiss show. I got what I paid for.

Im not a great Iron Maiden fan per se. I am familiar with the band and history.
I saw them twice in the last few years and holy crap, it really was a concert and presentation on another level........ It was a concert first and the show happened behind them. The playing was off the chart. I even knew a few tracks.
I can second what you said word for word, elleneff. I too saw Maiden on the European leg of their current tour. You have perfectly laid down the difference between their show and that of KISS. I too did not recognise all the songs they played. At the Maiden show I was one of those CASUAL FANS. That did not take ANYTHING away from my enjoyment of the show. All that is bullshit spewed by Paul Stanley that some KISS fans are willing to buy, and go out of their way to defend the band's choice to be boring. We see it here every day. NO ONE goes to concerts expecting to know every song. Unless you are indeed a super fan. That whole argument makes no sense.
star_paul12

Post by star_paul12 »

Tired and predictable setlist from a tired and predictable b(r)and. This group had all the life sucked out of it years ago, only to have it replaced with all the mechanics of a Las Vegas Caesar’s palace revue. I don’t really wish to see 2019 kiss fail. More than anything I’m indifferent. But as the saying goes, the only thing worse than disdain is indifference. Because disdain implies you still care enough to have a vested interest, whereas the latter simply does not.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

A local review...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-se ... utType=amp

My favorite part...

“Say what you will about KISS, but for pure, rock ’n’ roll entertainment, they are hard to beat. A review? How do you offer a critical assessment of fun?”

Yet some will always try anyway.
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

Not me
The one who get paid!
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Pollux wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:22 am
Not me
The one who get paid!
They got their money a long time ago
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

Nice, full show posted here:

Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

One of the reviews of the UK shows described Paul as having a "weird Bugs Bunny voice", I totally get that after just the first few lines of that clip. Horrible.
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

I love them... but that's so lazy
vaspaceman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by vaspaceman »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:35 am One of the reviews of the UK shows described Paul as having a "weird Bugs Bunny voice", I totally get that after just the first few lines of that clip. Horrible.
Also not to beat a dead horse but Paul steps away from the mic in the middle of saying "night" and you can still hear his voice. But nothing new there.
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

I suppose if you only go to one show the setlist is not as important. Selfishly I wish they would do something a little different, maybe mix in just 2-3 of ISYL, Makin Love, Ladies Room, Got to Choose, or Strutter instead of a few that they are playing...but I'm not going to attend any shows so I guess I really cant bitch too bad...just show my feeling by not opening up my wallet...
AJrox
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by AJrox »

Interesting to see Paul using his Washburn guitar during Psycho Circus.

I'm a little bummed they're now sticking with the lesser amount of octagon screens for the 2nd leg of the tour. To me, it looked so much cooler with the entire amount and it's what led me to buying floor tickets for the upcoming LA show. Oh well, that's my luck I guess :lol: . Still, Crazy Nights replacing Do You Love Me is good for me. I much prefer that song and I'm glad something from Bruce's era is being played.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Mr Slow wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 pm
Thayerscomet wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:16 pm FB_IMG_1565046808191.jpgjust saw pictures of the kiss show being set up really disappointed in that it looks like kiss is using the smaller setup they used in europe while still charging top dollar
i see 11 pods in the air while i think on the original run they had 17 or 18 pods
very disappointing if this tirns out to be the case this is not a weight issue in this venue this is a cost cutting measure
It’s quite possible they looked back at footage and felt the overhead area was a bit crowded. Why do we just assume they did it to save money?
You're assuming they just now noticed the theoretical crowding problem a half-year after the tour started ...who's making the biggest leap here?
Mr. Kiss

Post by Mr. Kiss »

:idea: ... :lol: ... :!: