EOTR 2019 - Jun. 13, Moscow, Russia

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

EOTR 2019 - Jun. 13, Moscow, Russia

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...
Ratmir
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: EOTR 2019 - Jun. 13, Moscow, Russia

Post by Ratmir »

The band was late for an hour, took the stage at around 10 pm. Apparently they arrived to the city late. Meet and greet was after the show. No idea how many people there were but it’s a big stadium and it wasn’t full. The venue wasn’t good, the sound wasn’t great, takes forever to get out of it. Paul had an extra off night vocally.
At the end of LMGRNR when they have a little back and forth between instruments Gene played the bass riff from Torpedo girl. Then after it ended he seemed pissed off. He said something like “it’s a fucking A chord, not an E” Then Paul said “it was me and it was jazz”
Overall a solid show. Since it was outdoors they had an insanely big flamethrowers, nothing like I’ve ever seen at a KISS show.
Last edited by Ratmir on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

Ratmir wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm The band was late for an hour, took the stage at around 10 pm. Apparently they arrived to the city late. Meet and greet was after the show. No idea how many people there were but it’s a big stadium and it wasn’t full. Paul had an extra off night vocally.
At the end of LMGRNR when they have a little back and forth between instruments Gene played the bass riff from Torpedo girl. Then after it ended he seemed pissed off. He said something like “it’s a fucking A chord, not an E, asshole.” Then Paul said “it was me and it was jazz”
Overall a solid show. Since it was outdoors they had an insanely big flamethrowers, nothing like I’ve ever seen at a KISS show.
Wow. The band's official twitter just posted the final chords of RNRAN and you are not joking about Paul's voice. He sounded terrible. UGH. Was this the usual meet and greet where you got photos with the band? or that other one where you got to go on the stage? Didn't you do that in St. Petersburgh as well?
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Since it was outdoors they had an insanely big flamethrowers, nothing like I’ve ever seen at a KISS show.
No kidding! :shock:
They had pyro etc. off to the sides as well. Epic!
Attachments
AC7EDBC9-605C-4514-A12C-C78B98E27193.jpeg
FF6DF7E1-32EA-480A-9C80-80C64436A385.jpeg
4D289255-71F9-459A-9D11-3E1ED1524E81.jpeg
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

Nice photos, Mr.Slow
Shawn71
Banned

Post by Shawn71 »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Since it was outdoors they had an insanely big flamethrowers, nothing like I’ve ever seen at a KISS show.
Those are freaking huge! 8)
Shawn71
Banned

Post by Shawn71 »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Those are freaking huge! 8)
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

I want to see some videos of that!!
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

BeholderFan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:49 pm
Ratmir wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm The band was late for an hour, took the stage at around 10 pm. Apparently they arrived to the city late. Meet and greet was after the show. No idea how many people there were but it’s a big stadium and it wasn’t full. Paul had an extra off night vocally.
At the end of LMGRNR when they have a little back and forth between instruments Gene played the bass riff from Torpedo girl. Then after it ended he seemed pissed off. He said something like “it’s a fucking A chord, not an E, asshole.” Then Paul said “it was me and it was jazz”
Wow. The band's official twitter just posted the final chords of RNRAN and you are not joking about Paul's voice. He sounded terrible. UGH. Was this the usual meet and greet where you got photos with the band? or that other one where you got to go on the stage? Didn't you do that in St. Petersburgh as well?
Yes, I only did M&G in Saint Petersburg, my friends did it in Moscow, so I knew from them. It was the usual meet and greet
Doose

Post by Doose »

Looks like Moscow wasn't even 50% sold. Maybe just a rare off-night, but also if they started late, picked a bad venue, etc., people may have left or just stayed away. You can see how empty the stadium was in this video.

tomg
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by tomg »

Looks pretty full to me
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Doose wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 am Looks like Moscow wasn't even 50% sold. Maybe just a rare off-night, but also if they started late, picked a bad venue, etc., people may have left or just stayed away. You can see how empty the stadium was in this video.

This is a huge stadium, they shouldn’t have booked it in the first place. Had this been the arena they played two previous times it would have been sold out.
This stadium holds 35+ thousand people, it was clear that they aren’t gonna have this kind of turnout in Moscow, especially since the tickets were expensive.
This stadium is just opened after the renovation and still pretty much in a test mode, and from what I’ve heard the booking price is really cheap now, so the promoter could afford to have it only partially sold.
It’s a bad venue - the sound was awful in most places and it takes forever to get out, security people were rude and overall it was quite disorganized, especially compared to a perfect St Petersburg show
Last edited by Ratmir on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Full show here.

The reduced number of octagons on this leg of the tour reduces the visual impact of the production imo.

BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

Ratmir wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:57 am
Doose wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 am Looks like Moscow wasn't even 50% sold. Maybe just a rare off-night, but also if they started late, picked a bad venue, etc., people may have left or just stayed away. You can see how empty the stadium was in this video.

This is a huge stadium, they shouldn’t have booked it in the first place. Had this been the arena they played two previous times it would have been sold out.
This stadium holds 35+ thousand people, it was clear that they aren’t gonna have this kind of turnout in Moscow, especially since the tickets were expensive.
This stadium is just opened after the renovation and still pretty much in a test mode, and from what I’ve heard the booking price is really cheap now, so the promoter could afford to have it only partially sold.
It’s a bad venue - the sound was awful in most places and it takes forever to get out, security people were rude and overall it was quite disorganized, especially compared to a perfect St Petersburg show
Yeah, I am surprised that the concert wasn't moved to the arena.
andykiss4ever
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by andykiss4ever »

Just found the full concert on YouTube, whatever anyone has said about this show the crowd is AMAZING. Looks like the crowd and the band had a GREAT Night! Apologies if the vid has already been posted elsewhere.
star_paul12
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by star_paul12 »

Definitely how the big boys do it. Selling 25-40% of a stadium on their last stop in a major city on their final tour. Loud, proud, and unbowed indeed.
Doose

Post by Doose »

If the stadium holds 35,000 and it was half full, 17,500 is a strong showing, especially with high ticket prices. It's a promoter's decision on the venue, I think. Any guess we have as to why they picked the stadium would be just that: a guess. But if they did 17,000+ at $100+ a ticket, I don't think anyone involved will be complaining too much.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

andykiss4ever wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 am Just found the full concert on YouTube, whatever anyone has said about this show the crowd is AMAZING. Looks like the crowd and the band had a GREAT Night! Apologies if the vid has already been posted elsewhere.
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

Watching this DVD now. Lots of floor space and side seats open. If 10000 people are there it ain't by much