EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

farmertom311
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:20 am

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by farmertom311 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:17 am

nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
Looks like another crisis is averted. What was supposed to be a bloodbath filled up nicely.
0515F1D5-9A3B-412F-9A93-2397B3E6FB3C.jpeg
Great job KISS Army Lexington!
Man I don’t know how but they did. Even yesterday morning there were lots of blue dots. But very few last night.

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13158
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by Crown Royal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:29 am

farmertom311 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:17 am
nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
Looks like another crisis is averted. What was supposed to be a bloodbath filled up nicely.
0515F1D5-9A3B-412F-9A93-2397B3E6FB3C.jpeg
Great job KISS Army Lexington!
Man I don’t know how but they did. Even yesterday morning there were lots of blue dots. But very few last night.
They slash ticket prices, or just give them away, to get people in the building, are two ways.

And, in the sports and entertainment business you always have to count on a certain percentage of late walk-ups.

User avatar
BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by BeholderFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:39 am

Like someone else said, the place was packed, and yes, the sides were blacked out. However, the band musically was tremendous, Thayer and Singer in particular. Thayer is becoming quite the showman. DLR was really good, as well. He was my first concert ever, when he had Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette. There were spots where he took me back. He sure can entertain.
Last edited by BeholderFan on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13158
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by Crown Royal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am

Guys, you realize if portions of the arena were blacked out then it is kind of impossible for it to be "packed"?

User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8650
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by Vandelay Industries » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:47 am

Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:29 am
farmertom311 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:17 am
nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
Looks like another crisis is averted. What was supposed to be a bloodbath filled up nicely.
0515F1D5-9A3B-412F-9A93-2397B3E6FB3C.jpeg
Great job KISS Army Lexington!
Man I don’t know how but they did. Even yesterday morning there were lots of blue dots. But very few last night.
They slash ticket prices, or just give them away, to get people in the building, are two ways.

And, in the sports and entertainment business you always have to count on a certain percentage of late walk-ups.
I'd imagine the people upgraded from the upper levels probably helped remove some of those blue dots too. Rupp's a big place, would've been a minor miracle to fill it up anyway...

farmertom311
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:20 am

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by farmertom311 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 am

Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am
Guys, you realize if portions of the arena were blacked out then it is kind of impossible for it to be "packed"?
Almost all of the AVAILABLE seats were packed. All the seats behind the stage were blacked out to just like you would expect lol. I had my doubts about this leg, they put my doubts down last night. Tour is rousing success. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13158
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by Crown Royal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 am

farmertom311 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 am
Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am
Guys, you realize if portions of the arena were blacked out then it is kind of impossible for it to be "packed"?
Almost all of the AVAILABLE seats were packed. All the seats behind the stage were blacked out to just like you would expect lol. I had my doubts about this leg, they put my doubts down last night. Tour is rousing success. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.
nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:42 am

They sectioned off the side stage upper bowl (the rear upper is still in play) about three weeks ago. They stopped selling seats up there and whatever was sold has been relocated lower down.

farmertom311
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:20 am

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by farmertom311 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:30 am

Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 am
farmertom311 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 am
Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am
Guys, you realize if portions of the arena were blacked out then it is kind of impossible for it to be "packed"?
Almost all of the AVAILABLE seats were packed. All the seats behind the stage were blacked out to just like you would expect lol. I had my doubts about this leg, they put my doubts down last night. Tour is rousing success. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.
nibbler1982 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:42 am

They sectioned off the side stage upper bowl (the rear upper is still in play) about three weeks ago. They stopped selling seats up there and whatever was sold has been relocated lower down.
And those seats were not available........

At 11:00 yesterday i didn’t think they would fill what was available

User avatar
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12577
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by KISSTRONAUT » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 am

David Lee Roth and his band were fantastic and fun. Crowd was into them. Great opener for this show.
I saw KISS in Louisville and Cincinnati prior and this show was my favorite. KISS were great of course but DLR and band opening and the friendly confines of Rupp Arena were a plus too.

When Gene came out over the audience he went right over my seat. After the show about 10 people were looking on the ground. I thought they had lost something but they said Gene tossed a pick. I looked down under the seat and there it was. My first pick ever. Guy offered me 50 bucks but I had to refuse.

User avatar
The Man
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:18 am

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by The Man » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 am

I heard multiple people say they were " upgraded "

I'm pretty sure they moved the people In the blacked out sections to the empty seats in the lower bowl , no where near the crowd of Cincinnati or Louisville ( which is expected) looked more full then it was .... but those were Large sections that they curtained off .

I'm gonna guess around 7 thousand....

User avatar
acefan1975
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by acefan1975 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am

farmertom311 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 am
Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am
Guys, you realize if portions of the arena were blacked out then it is kind of impossible for it to be "packed"?
Almost all of the AVAILABLE seats were packed. All the seats behind the stage were blacked out to just like you would expect lol. I had my doubts about this leg, they put my doubts down last night. Tour is rousing success. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.
So if they section off 20% or more of the arena, and sell what is remaining with discounts, it is a "rousing success"? I am not disputing this, but it seems that it would be the opposite of that?

mcornettmedia
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by mcornettmedia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am

The Man wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 am
I heard multiple people say they were " upgraded "

I'm pretty sure they moved the people In the blacked out sections to the empty seats in the lower bowl , no where near the crowd of Cincinnati or Louisville ( which is expected) looked more full then it was .... but those were Large sections that they curtained off .

I'm gonna guess around 7 thousand....
I agree. Was there last night, too, and was at Louisville and Cincy last year. Yum Center was packed, and it’s huge. And Riverbend, with the lawn full like it was, probably had 18,000-20,000 folks jammed into it.

Tymaster
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:41 am

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by Tymaster » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:56 am


User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11681
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by nibbler1982 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 am

acefan1975 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am
farmertom311 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 am
Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am
Guys, you realize if portions of the arena were blacked out then it is kind of impossible for it to be "packed"?
Almost all of the AVAILABLE seats were packed. All the seats behind the stage were blacked out to just like you would expect lol. I had my doubts about this leg, they put my doubts down last night. Tour is rousing success. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.
So if they section off 20% or more of the arena, and sell what is remaining with discounts, it is a "rousing success"? I am not disputing this, but it seems that it would be the opposite of that?
To define “rousing success” you’re definitely gonna need a point of reference. I really don’t know what they expected to draw so we can’t say for sure if they fell short of that mark or surpassed it.

I’m gonna believe being that this was the third show within and hour and a half they weren’t expecting numbers like the first two. Just the way a FOURTH show would probably draw even less.

KISS and Live Nation are longtime bedfellows. I’m pretty sure each side knows what to expect from the other. Like I said from the start. I fully believed they meant it when they said three year tour. They’re gonna farm every market for every dime and leave no stone unturned. It’s the KISS way.

No surprises.

User avatar
ZachAttack
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Branvold's Head

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by ZachAttack » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:41 am

mcornettmedia wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am
The Man wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 am
I heard multiple people say they were " upgraded "

I'm pretty sure they moved the people In the blacked out sections to the empty seats in the lower bowl , no where near the crowd of Cincinnati or Louisville ( which is expected) looked more full then it was .... but those were Large sections that they curtained off .

I'm gonna guess around 7 thousand....
I agree. Was there last night, too, and was at Louisville and Cincy last year. Yum Center was packed, and it’s huge. And Riverbend, with the lawn full like it was, probably had 18,000-20,000 folks jammed into it.
Iron Maiden played Riverbend shortly before KISS and Bruce said onstage there were 15,000 people there and it was just as packed at both shows

Mikey75
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by Mikey75 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am

We were there in the 2nd row. Yes the upper sodes were closed off but i didnt see an empty seat anywhere. I would agree it was upwards of 7 thousand. Great show... as a side note Rupp arena is really dated. Its about a quarter mile round trip walk from 2nd row floor to get to a bathroom.

farmertom311
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:20 am

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by farmertom311 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:17 pm

mcornettmedia wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am
The Man wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 am
I heard multiple people say they were " upgraded "

I'm pretty sure they moved the people In the blacked out sections to the empty seats in the lower bowl , no where near the crowd of Cincinnati or Louisville ( which is expected) looked more full then it was .... but those were Large sections that they curtained off .

I'm gonna guess around 7 thousand....
I agree. Was there last night, too, and was at Louisville and Cincy last year. Yum Center was packed, and it’s huge. And Riverbend, with the lawn full like it was, probably had 18,000-20,000 folks jammed into it.
I was at both as well. And yeah you’re right for sure. More people at both. I’ve been to a lot of shows and I’ve never seen a crowd like the yum center for any band.

User avatar
bigflashfam
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:49 am
Location: Cincinnati

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by bigflashfam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:33 pm

I was there. Yes it was packed besides the top level being blocked off. Musically, they were in great form. Great show. Really loved it. Loved when Gene told the guy to stop texting after he spit blood. Haha Great stuff. Of course Paul had to come out and say "you can text if you want to, were here for YOUUU" Great stuff. Hell of a show.

User avatar
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12577
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by KISSTRONAUT » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Funny incident from the Lexington show. I believe it was right after GOT and Gene was in front of stage and he motioned for someone in the audience and said something like “don’t text when the God of Thunder is on stage. It got some laughs and small applause. Before the next song Paul tells the audience to text all they want, take pictures and video. Said basically you all paid for the right to do that.

User avatar
BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by BeholderFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm

bigflashfam wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:33 pm
I was there. Yes it was packed besides the top level being blocked off. Musically, they were in great form. Great show. Really loved it. Loved when Gene told the guy to stop texting after he spit blood. Haha Great stuff. Of course Paul had to come out and say "you can text if you want to, were here for YOUUU" Great stuff. Hell of a show.
Oh boy. I wonder what happened between Gene and Paul AFTER the show. LOL I was wondering what Gene was going on about. LOL I was like, "What's Gene on about?" Later on, when Paul started yammering about texting, I was like, "What?" LOL Anyway, someone said on Facebook, that at either last night's concert or maybe at another KISS concert on this tour, she saw a woman reading a book on her phone. I am like, "look, it's your money," but I don't get why people go to concerts, if all they are going to do is be on their phones. KISSTRONAUT, yes, they pay for the right to be on their phones, and I can understand being on your phone if you get an IMPORTANT MESSAGE, like from your babysitter or something like that, but to be constantly texting during the show? I don't get the logic. I don't object to taking video and photos, as long as you are not interfering with the people behind you, by the way.

KISSKid4ever
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: Down under, baby!

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by KISSKid4ever » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:23 pm

Its what he did after telling them not to text that made me laugh :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64RJwizIbYc

User avatar
BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by BeholderFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 pm

To those who went, was it ME, or did the Lexington CROWD in general appear to be dead? The band, at least to me, had to really work to get that crowd to respond. The crowd, at least from my vantage point appeared to be more into DLR. What did you all who WENT think? Just curious. Thanks.

User avatar
bigflashfam
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:49 am
Location: Cincinnati

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by bigflashfam » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 am

BeholderFan wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 pm
To those who went, was it ME, or did the Lexington CROWD in general appear to be dead? The band, at least to me, had to really work to get that crowd to respond. The crowd, at least from my vantage point appeared to be more into DLR. What did you all who WENT think? Just curious. Thanks.
Yes they definitely were dead for a lot of the show. A lot of the section to the left of me was sitting down half the time. The band was kicking ass though.

User avatar
KLP68
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:02 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by KLP68 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Just watched Kentucky basketball on TV at Rupp. The place is big so if they had most of the arena full even with a few closed sections it was a good sized crowd. Maybe all the middle aged fans were tired of standing. You know aching knees and feet :mrgreen:

User avatar
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12577
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 13, Lexington, KY

Post by KISSTRONAUT » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:52 pm

BeholderFan wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm
bigflashfam wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:33 pm
I was there. Yes it was packed besides the top level being blocked off. Musically, they were in great form. Great show. Really loved it. Loved when Gene told the guy to stop texting after he spit blood. Haha Great stuff. Of course Paul had to come out and say "you can text if you want to, were here for YOUUU" Great stuff. Hell of a show.
Oh boy. I wonder what happened between Gene and Paul AFTER the show. LOL I was wondering what Gene was going on about. LOL I was like, "What's Gene on about?" Later on, when Paul started yammering about texting, I was like, "What?" LOL Anyway, someone said on Facebook, that at either last night's concert or maybe at another KISS concert on this tour, she saw a woman reading a book on her phone. I am like, "look, it's your money," but I don't get why people go to concerts, if all they are going to do is be on their phones. KISSTRONAUT, yes, they pay for the right to be on their phones, and I can understand being on your phone if you get an IMPORTANT MESSAGE, like from your babysitter or something like that, but to be constantly texting during the show? I don't get the logic. I don't object to taking video and photos, as long as you are not interfering with the people behind you, by the way.
Yeah. I don’t have a problem with the phone stuff either. It’s just how things are nowadays. I was just amused at Gene and Paul’s differing take on it.

I didn’t see the post bigflashfam made about the incident prior to making my post.

Post Reply