Last Film you Watched?

Forum dedicated to discussion of movies and television.
THUNDERKISS66
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Last Film you Watched?

Post by THUNDERKISS66 »

Blood Feast(1963)
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

Willy's Wonderland -- I swear, Nick Cage is creating his own cinematic universe, or at the very least, spiritual sequels. Mandy, Grand Isle, and Color Out of Space seem to be related in some strange, weird corner of film.
THUNDERKISS66
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by THUNDERKISS66 »

LordThurisaz wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:11 pm Willy's Wonderland -- I swear, Nick Cage is creating his own cinematic universe, or at the very least, spiritual sequels. Mandy, Grand Isle, and Color Out of Space seem to be related in some strange, weird corner of film.
Really good film
GrapeApe64
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GrapeApe64 »

"The Sound of My Voice"... a documentary on Linda Ronstadt. Very informative. I kinda forgot how big/popular she was and how she kind of just decided to do what she wanted and walk away from the pop thing. Really well done.
jkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by jkiss »

Eddie Van Hazel wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:53 am jkiss...I think you and I went to same drive in theater. I saw those films there too.
..Saw all the old "blaxpoitation" films at the drive in as a kid too.

"Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry" was on TV a few months ago back to back with "Race With The Devil".
Those films were so much fun.
I went to the Drive-In very often & I'll confess usually to have sex with whoever I fancied at the time (plus, try to watch one, two or even three movies, depending on what else showing sounded good or not). I did also go with my parents from time-to-time, if Dad was home (from the US NAVY); as he was almost always out at sea for months n' months, etc. And so, I went way more when I was old enough to just go on my own. It was overall much cheaper than going to an actual cinema, but not that admission prices back then were ever all that pricey (aside from 70mm presentations).

Anyway, "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry" was a Drive-In favorite & did have a lengthy run on the circuit (or to say it re-ran often enough & by popular demand). Also, the film that sparked my own personal love affair with ultra-fast Dodge CHARGERs. I presently drive a late model 700hp Charger SRT Hellcat (bought mildly used, didn't pay the nutty sticker) I go & get groceries with. And I can tell you there's absolutely no shortage of men, right down to little Hot Wheels™ loving boys that want to talk to me about this crazy quick car of mine.

pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

SPOOKIES on shudder
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

pepperkitty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 pm SPOOKIES on shudder
OH, boy. That was quite the film. :lol:
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:28 am
pepperkitty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 pm SPOOKIES on shudder
OH, boy. That was quite the film. :lol:
Yeah, I forgot how much fun that movie is! Love the soundtrack
THUNDERKISS66
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by THUNDERKISS66 »

Last House of the Left(1972)
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

Soul.
Charming little film.
jkiss

Post by jkiss »

"HALLOWEEN III: Season of the Witch" (1982)
Shout Factory Collector's Edition Blu-ray

I gave this one another viewing (as I hadn't seen it since it was originally out in theaters). I also assumed that this was to be another Michael Myers one, but another direction was chosen. And so, I (along w. others I went with) weren't aware of this & simply because nobody was paying attention to what it was supposed to be about, before hand.

Also, when expectations aren't met, the audience isn't going to be overly pleased about it. I can't say whether or not the studio did enough due-diligence or were truly effective in conveying that in their overall promotional campaign. I'm guessing many felt that they were deceived, even though it was no big secret this one was about something all together different.

As a standalone, this isn't a bad horror film; however, the issue that I now recall having (since the movie originally somehow erased my memory of it) is this idea of mass violence/murder targeting children on Halloween. And around this time, I recall a lot of reports of razor blades (or poison) in Halloween treats, etc, even witnessed a kid that had to go to the hospital over it. A very bizarre trend of extreme cruelty towards kids in the neighborhood that was highly disturbing, obviously.

Quite simply, a more so 'taboo' film scenario & not something I wanted to entertain myself with any further, originally. Although, I needed to re-watch it to actually recall/trigger my original thoughts about it.

🎃
🤔
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

At this point I prefer Halloween III. I am over Michael Myers, and I'd love to be under the delusional that Michael Myers will be finished off after the third Blumoween cash grab, but that simply won't be true.

I was hoping Art the Clown would be the new leading face for a new generation of horror villains, but instead, he's playing caretaker for a bunch of octogenarians who have overstayed their welcome. Shamble your old asses off to the grave already. In short: fuck Nostalgia, the killer of all creativity.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

jkiss wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:39 pm Image
"HALLOWEEN III: Season of the Witch" (1982)
Shout Factory Collector's Edition Blu-ray

I gave this one another viewing (as I hadn't seen it since it was originally out in theaters). I also assumed that this was to be another Michael Myers one, but another direction was chosen. And so, I (along w. others I went with) weren't aware of this & simply because nobody was paying attention to what it was supposed to be about, before hand.

Also, when expectations aren't met, the audience isn't going to be overly pleased about it. I can't say whether or not the studio did enough due-diligence or were truly effective in conveying that in their overall promotional campaign. I'm guessing many felt that they were deceived, even though it was no big secret this one was about something all together different.

As a standalone, this isn't a bad horror film; however, the issue that I now recall having (since the movie originally somehow erased my memory of it) is this idea of mass violence/murder targeting children on Halloween. And around this time, I recall a lot of reports of razor blades (or poison) in Halloween treats, etc, even witnessed a kid that had to go to the hospital over it. A very bizarre trend of extreme cruelty towards kids in the neighborhood that was highly disturbing, obviously.

Quite simply, a more so 'taboo' film scenario & not something I wanted to entertain myself with any further, originally. Although, I needed to re-watch it to actually recall/trigger my original thoughts about it.

🎃
🤔
My second favorite of the Halloween franchise! I remember seeing it in the theater when it was first released and I loved it! Many back then hated the movie because it didn’t have MM in it. That’s why I loved it then and still love it now! I have all 3 of the mask that I keep on display all year around in the music/library room. I even have tattoos of them as well!
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

The original and part 3 are the only two worth a damn.
THUNDERKISS66
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by THUNDERKISS66 »

Halloween(2018)
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

pepperkitty wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:30 pm My second favorite of the Halloween franchise! I remember seeing it in the theater when it was first released and I loved it! Many back then hated the movie because it didn’t have MM in it. That’s why I loved it then and still love it now! I have all 3 of the mask that I keep on display all year around in the music/library room. I even have tattoos of them as well!
It is the only Halloween I'll watch at this point. I'm beyond bored by Michael Myers at this point.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Black Ace wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:59 am The original and part 3 are the only two worth a damn.
I used to love 2-4, and 6. However, after Halloween (2018), the John Carpenter version of the franchise and Michael Myers can go fuck themselves. I prefer RZ's version at this point, and I find that a lot of people who dislike RZH2 didn't fully grasp what was going on.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:37 pm
Black Ace wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:59 am The original and part 3 are the only two worth a damn.
I used to love 2-4, and 6. However, after Halloween (2018), the John Carpenter version of the franchise and Michael Myers can go fuck themselves. I prefer RZ's version at this point, and I find that a lot of people who dislike RZH2 didn't fully grasp what was going on.
Can not stand RZ H’s. Hell , I’m even in H2 and can’t stand it. (Extra in the party scene ‘ not credited but got paid! )
I get what he was trying to do but he failed. I do enjoy his other work, I even like 31 and love Lords of Salem. I am no way excited about his Munsters movie at all.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I dig Halloween III...Fantastic movie and I just seem to ❤ love more and more as the years go by!
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

pepperkitty wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:51 pm Can not stand RZ H’s. Hell , I’m even in H2 and can’t stand it. (Extra in the party scene ‘ not credited but got paid! )
I get what he was trying to do but he failed. I do enjoy his other work, I even like 31 and love Lords of Salem. I am no way excited about his Munsters movie at all.
What was he trying to do?
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Ehh, I’m not really an authority on the subject. I’ve only seen 1-5, haha. For some reason I have no interest in seeing anything else Halloween related—including 2018 and RZ.

I guess I should give 6 a shot.

I’ve never seen a RZ film. Not even 1 minute of one.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Black Ace wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:02 am
Ehh, I’m not really an authority on the subject. I’ve only seen 1-5, haha. For some reason I have no interest in seeing anything else Halloween related—including 2018 and RZ.

There are two versions: the theatrical cut, and the producers cut. The producers cut is more along the lines of what the film was supposed to be prior to test screenings turning the film into a confusing mess.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:11 am

There are two versions: the theatrical cut, and the producers cut. The producers cut is more along the lines of what the film was supposed to be prior to test screenings turning the film into a confusing mess.
Yeah, I read that the test screening didn’t go well. I’ll check out the theatrical version first. If I like it I’ll give the other a go.

Why have you thrown your hands up with the Carpenter version? Because he retconned the story?
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:28 am
pepperkitty wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:51 pm Can not stand RZ H’s. Hell , I’m even in H2 and can’t stand it. (Extra in the party scene ‘ not credited but got paid! )
What was he trying to do?
With RZ H1, I believe his intention was to show and explain why MM was what he was. The broken down home but still loved his mommy. Picked on in school, wears a KISS Destroyer shirt, finally looses his shit, mental hospital blah blah blah.
Unnecessary story line.
JC Halloween established all ya need to know with Dr. L narrative throughout the first movie. Evil. Pure Evil.
With RZ H2, make it more brutal , but failing to do so because of the attempt of almost sympathy feeling from the first movie.
The almost 48 hours I was on set, scenes shot and explained never even made the cut. In watch I know happens all the time.
One cool thing while there they did the van kill scene. You could actually feel the intensity when TM walked by after the scene even without the mask on. Good times! Bad movies! :D
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:11 am

The screening we saw in Atlanta (mostly the Hollywood crew and the Atlanta crew folks in attendance) was more to the PC cut.
Rumor of a budget cut had a part to play in the final cut as well.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Black Ace wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:22 am Yeah, I read that the test screening didn’t go well. I’ll check out the theatrical version first. If I like it I’ll give the other a go.

Why have you thrown your hands up with the Carpenter version? Because he retconned the story?
Because of the constant necessity from the fans to never have any fun with it, and even going so far as to scrubbing anything from Michael that gives him a backstory. After 43 years, he should have more than "shrugs... we don't know." This is why I have said over and over that he is not even a character; he is a lazy writer's plot device to remove characters out of the films. In the words of Jim Cornette, "laaaaazy booking!"
pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:30 am With RZ H1, I believe his intention was to show and explain why MM was what he was. The broken down home but still loved his mommy. Picked on in school, wears a KISS Destroyer shirt, finally looses his shit, mental hospital blah blah blah.
Unnecessary story line.
JC Halloween established all ya need to know with Dr. L narrative throughout the first movie. Evil. Pure Evil.
With RZ H2, make it more brutal , but failing to do so because of the attempt of almost sympathy feeling from the first movie.
The almost 48 hours I was on set, scenes shot and explained never even made the cut. In watch I know happens all the time.
One cool thing while there they did the van kill scene. You could actually feel the intensity when TM walked by after the scene even without the mask on. Good times! Bad movies! :D
The pure evil shit is why we still do not have a backstory for Michael Myers, and while it may have worked for two films, after 40+ years, he either needs to have a backstory, or they need to end it already. It's beyond silly, it isn't "spooky," and it is pretty obtuse to keep retconning a truncated story. H20 was silly as fuck as is without the backstory of, "I faked my death, I put my daughter up for adoption, and while I've tried to ignore it or write it off as copy cat scenarios, there still seems to be something going on in Haddonfield, and I'm afraid he'll find me." What we got from Disney-ween was pure horse shit. From the mask (they should've stuck with the H6 mask used at the beginning) to the story, to even wiggling their way out of the finish (which I predicted, as a kid, before watching HR how they'd do it) is really trying my patience as far as being able to shut my brain off and pretend it isn't a really bad work.

Unnecessary -- yeah, I can probably assume you enjoy the "o0o00oo spooky, no backstory!" garbage. Sorry, but that shit can kick rocks.

That's not what I was getting at with RZH2. Who is doing the killing in the film? I get the feeling that no one even understood the finish.
pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:37 am The screening we saw in Atlanta (mostly the Hollywood crew and the Atlanta crew folks in attendance) was more to the PC cut.
Budget cut =/= ability to shoot more scenes and make the film into a total mess. That rumor is likely bunk.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:58 am Because of the constant necessity from the fans to never have any fun with it, and even going so far as to scrubbing anything from Michael that gives him a backstory. After 43 years, he should have more than "shrugs... we don't know." This is why I have said over and over that he is not even a character; he is a lazy writer's plot device to remove characters out of the films. In the words of Jim Cornette, "laaaaazy booking!"
I dunno. I would have definitely have fun with it if there was any fun to be had. I have fun with part one and three. :D
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Black Ace wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:27 am I dunno. I would have definitely have fun with it if there was any fun to be had. I have fun with part one and three. :D
I don't know about you, but I rather enjoy having fun with films like Freddy's Dead, Halloween Resurrection (I remember when the official Halloween site was still calling it "Hall8ween"), Jason Takes Manhattan, and Jason X. After a certain point, the whole idea is absurd anyways, so have fun with it.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:32 am
Black Ace wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:27 am I dunno. I would have definitely have fun with it if there was any fun to be had. I have fun with part one and three. :D
I don't know about you, but I rather enjoy having fun with films like Freddy's Dead, Halloween Resurrection (I remember when the official Halloween site was still calling it "Hall8ween"), Jason Takes Manhattan, and Jason X. After a certain point, the whole idea is absurd anyways, so have fun with it.
I like Jason Takes Manhattan. I haven’t seen any of the others you listed. I should probably check some of those out.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:58 am
Black Ace wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:22 am Yeah, I read that the test screening didn’t go well. I’ll check out the theatrical version first. If I like it I’ll give the other a go.

Because of the constant necessity from the fans to never have any fun with it, and even going so far as to scrubbing anything from Michael that gives him a backstory. After 43 years, he should have more than "shrugs... we don't know." This is why I have said over and over that he is not even a character; he is a lazy writer's plot device to remove characters out of the films. In the words of Jim Cornette, "laaaaazy booking!"
pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:30 am With RZ H1, I believe his intention was to show and explain why MM was what he was. The broken down home but still loved his mommy. Picked on in school, wears a KISS Destroyer shirt, finally looses his shit, mental hospital blah blah blah.
Unnecessary story line.
The pure evil shit is why we still do not have a backstory for Michael Myers, and while it may have worked for two films, after 40+ years, he either needs to have a backstory, or they need to end it already. It's beyond silly, it isn't "spooky," and it is pretty obtuse to keep retconning a truncated story. H20 was silly as fuck as is without the backstory of, "I faked my death, I put my daughter up for adoption, and while I've tried to ignore it or write it off as copy cat scenarios, there still seems to be something going on in Haddonfield, and I'm afraid he'll find me." What we got from Disney-ween was pure horse shit. From the mask (they should've stuck with the H6 mask used at the beginning) to the story, to even wiggling their way out of the finish (which I predicted, as a kid, before watching HR how they'd do it) is really trying my patience as far as being able to shut my brain off and pretend it isn't a really bad work.

Unnecessary -- yeah, I can probably assume you enjoy the "o0o00oo spooky, no backstory!" garbage. Sorry, but that shit can kick rocks.

That's not what I was getting at with RZH2. Who is doing the killing in the film? I get the feeling that no one even understood the finish.
pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:37 am The screening we saw in Atlanta (mostly the Hollywood crew and the Atlanta crew folks in attendance) was more to the PC cut.
Budget cut =/= ability to shoot more scenes and make the film into a total mess. That rumor is likely bunk.
Seeing the OG JC Halloween in the theater when it was released I didn’t need a backstory of why MM was what he was. He was evil, pure evil. Cool. Less is more.
I would have preferred JC had released a differ Halloween theme movie as was kinda of the plan.
As for the budget cuts, I was told by my friend who did the art and set stuff it happened before the film wrapped.
Who knows what did get cut out of the shooting script.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Black Ace wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:19 pm I like Jason Takes Manhattan. I haven’t seen any of the others you listed. I should probably check some of those out.
They're good, dumb fun. It's not meant to be Godfather or Citizen Kane.
pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:26 pm Seeing the OG JC Halloween in the theater when it was released I didn’t need a backstory of why MM was what he was. He was evil, pure evil. Cool. Less is more.
I would have preferred JC had released a differ Halloween theme movie as was kinda of the plan.
As for the budget cuts, I was told by my friend who did the art and set stuff it happened before the film wrapped.
At least I can agree with them sticking to their original plan.

Again, I'll repeat, since you skipped my question: "That's not what I was getting at with RZH2. Who is doing the killing in the film? I get the feeling that no one even understood the finish."
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:40 pm
Black Ace wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:19 pm I like Jason Takes Manhattan. I haven’t seen any of the others you listed. I should probably check some of those out.
They're good, dumb fun. It's not meant to be Godfather or Citizen Kane.
pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:26 pm Seeing the OG JC Halloween in the theater when it was released I didn’t need a backstory of why MM was what he was. He was evil, pure evil. Cool. Less is more.
At least I can agree with them sticking to their original plan.

Again, I'll repeat, since you skipped my question: "That's not what I was getting at with RZH2. Who is doing the killing in the film? I get the feeling that no one even understood the finish."
I’m not sure, but I don’t buy into the “DEBORAH AND THE WHITE HORSE” being behind it all so the family could be together again. That would be some Vince Russo booking :D
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:21 pm I’m not sure, but I don’t buy into the “DEBORAH AND THE WHITE HORSE” being behind it all so the family could be together again. That would be some Vince Russo booking :D
How dare you utter Shit Stain's name.

Michael isn't in the film. He's dead. It is all (well, aside from the dream) Laurie. The part where she is dressed like Michael as a kid on Halloween night and kills Annie as a sort of fantasy is a dead giveaway. Her wearing the mask at the end is another dead giveaway. When you see "Michael," it is meant as a visual representation of Laurie's alternate personality. The experiences of the first film have caused a psyche split, wherein she has Laurie, and the more irrational, angry personality. This is a possibility as a result of surviving traumatic experiences.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:34 pm
pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:21 pm I’m not sure, but I don’t buy into the “DEBORAH AND THE WHITE HORSE” being behind it all so the family could be together again. That would be some Vince Russo booking :D
How dare you utter Shit Stain's name.

Michael isn't in the film. He's dead. It is all (well, aside from the dream) Laurie. The part where she is dressed like Michael as a kid on Halloween night and kills Annie as a sort of fantasy is a dead giveaway. Her wearing the mask at the end is another dead giveaway. When you see "Michael," it is meant as a visual representation of Laurie's alternate personality. The experiences of the first film have caused a psyche split, wherein she has Laurie, and the more irrational, angry personality. This is a possibility as a result of surviving traumatic experiences.
Haha!
Maybe it was the druid curse ….
I’m sticking with , EVIL, PURE EVIL! 8)
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

pepperkitty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:44 pm Haha!
Maybe it was the druid curse ….
I’m sticking with , EVIL, PURE EVIL! 8)
Just so long as you admit you enjoy lazy writing.
jkiss

Post by jkiss »

John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (1984)

Since the Ewok movies are now on Disney+, I decided to include them in my annual run through the Star Wars saga.
(sandwiched in between ROTJ and The Mandalorian)
Wow. I hadn't seen this one since it aired on TV when I was 10 years old. I probably enjoyed it more as an adult, in a so-bad-its-good kind of way. There are plenty of unintentionally funny moments. Looking forward to watching Ewoks: Battle For Endor, but I probably won't keep these in the SW rotation :lol:
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

Ewoks: The Battle For Endor (1985)

I found this one to be much more interesting and fun to watch than its predecessor. The story is nothing special, but hey it's Star Wars and it's not a bad little sci-fi/fantasy film. Also, it's hard to beat watching a grumpy-yet-bighearted Wilford Brimley run around the forest with Ewoks. Upon further review, it was kinda cool to insert these two Ewok films into the SW Saga viewing order. I might even do it again next time through.
jwilkison
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by jwilkison »

"Leaving Las Vegas". Nick Cage is sublime in his Oscar winning role.
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Bruce »

Anchorman 2:
The Legend Continues

jestor92
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by jestor92 »

The Terminal
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

Saw Summer of Soul at the theater a couple days ago. Fantastic film
jkiss

Post by jkiss »

"SWAP MEET" (1979) @ 480p

I only watched this one out of curiosity whether or not Cheryl Rixon (longtime friend of Paul) was any good in the film. And I'd say as good as one could've been, in a film like this (a low budget sexplotation/teen comedy).

Cheryl was supposed to be in "FLASH GORDON" (1980), but for some reason it didn't work-out. Perhaps a conflict of interest (RE: Roger Taylor of QUEEN) prevented her being officially cast?

🤔
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

Ghost Ship (2002)

I forget why, but I had avoided this film for the longest time. It's a fun watch! Great cast too.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I can't sleep, so watching movies all night. Just finished the original Frankenstein from 1931...The damn movie is 90 years old now and still kicks ass.

Right now, I am about to start Tobe Hooper's 1981 classic, The Funhouse. Another anniversary as this one is 40 years old. 😃
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

rwgriffith wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:23 am I can't sleep, so watching movies all night. Just finished the original Frankenstein from 1931...The damn movie is 90 years old now and still kicks ass.

Right now, I am about to start Tobe Hooper's 1981 classic, The Funhouse. Another anniversary as this one is 40 years old. 😃
The Funhouse was one of the first horror movies I ever saw. I was in Jr. High, and it was at Lisa Williams' birthday party. Good times.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Guys, when you get the five knuckle shuffle from a gypsy you paid and finish before you started, don't get angry and snuff them out.

The things you learn from a Tobe Hooper film. Lol
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped »

"Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace" (1962) was the most recent one I watched!
It is from the "Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee" boxed set:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jkiss

Post by jkiss »

"Death Race 2000" (1975) on Blu-ray

I caught a couple of these 'Death Race' vehicles at a car show, maybe around 1977. And for the longest time, I believed 'the green machine/alligator car' was originally a (C3) Chevy Corvette (before customization).

However, it was really based-off a VW Beetle. 😮

A totally absurd film in 1975 & just as much, if not more in 2021. I still like it, it still works. And despite its shortcomings or even being simply outdated.

"Goodnight, Mr. Frankenstein." 🙏🏻
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Death Race 2000 is great.