KISS World 2017 - May 15, Torino, Italy

gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 15, Torino, Italy

Post by gabbagabba »

LordThurisaz wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:"E continuerà a farlo ancora, perché può, perché finché i palazzetti si riempiono, anche quando i costi dei biglietti sono sempre più proibitivi, non si vede una ragione per chiudere la baracca. Le persone vogliono ancora il meglio, i Kiss continuano a dar loro il meglio. O almeno, il meglio che oggi possono offrire."
Maybe I missed it, but why do you surmise this date in Italy was far from full? Isn't Italy dealing with some financial crisis still or something to that effect?
Like every other country in Europe....except for Germany.
If you play on a monday night, you don't do a sold-out show, that's it.
But 8000 people ain't that bad.
alexmai
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by alexmai »

LordThurisaz wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:"E continuerà a farlo ancora, perché può, perché finché i palazzetti si riempiono, anche quando i costi dei biglietti sono sempre più proibitivi, non si vede una ragione per chiudere la baracca. Le persone vogliono ancora il meglio, i Kiss continuano a dar loro il meglio. O almeno, il meglio che oggi possono offrire."
Maybe I missed it, but why do you surmise this date in Italy was far from full? Isn't Italy dealing with some financial crisis still or something to that effect?
I know many fans, and they say it's not full... also the ticketing website has a map with large spaces of availability on it
Italy is dealing with a crisis since ever ;)
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by nibbler1982 »

gabbagabba wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:
Like every other country in Europe....except for Germany.
If you play on a monday night, you don't do a sold-out show, that's it.
But 8000 people ain't that bad.
Where'd you get a quote of ~8,000? I read a lot of reviews but the only number I found was ~15,000 from Spettakolo. I'd really love to get the most accurate estimate I can. If the ~8,000 was from a actual publication I'd assuredly average the two figures together.

http://www.spettakolo.it/2017/05/16/15m ... -concerto/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
miouzic
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miouzic »

The configuration for the Torino concert is an arena one with a max capacity of 13'347 people. I was at the show, the standing general admission looked pretty full (that's 4'000 in this configuration), but entire sections of the two seated levels were empty and some very sparse, I'd say seats were a little bit more than 50% (let's say 55% of 8347, that's about 4'600). 8'500 people for the Torino seems pretty accurate. Maybe 9'000, maybe 8'000, but no way 11'000, 12'000 or 15'000.

By the way the resale site viagogo is not a good source for numbers. They often say close sellout and when you go the official sellers sites you see it remains thousands of tickets.

Even the seating maps of the official sellers are not always a good indicator, because there are multiple official sellers ( sometimes it's even hard to find all these), each with special contingents and, above all, here in Europe, tickets are very very rarely put on sale all at the same time and sometimes entire sections are never put on sale... and that's when people say "oh, look, these sections are already sold out !".

For Munich, it will be near sold out or maybe sold out by the time of the show. Tuesday, it remained an entire section available (about 250 seats), sparse seats here and there (100) and standing tickets (?).