KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

User avatar
Julien
Whee Wan
Posts: 15852
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm

KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Julien »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...

Stats will be archived here:
User avatar
MrMisery
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by MrMisery »

Iĺl be there, but will not report live, Im there to watch KISS, for what Im convinced will be the last time. I will write more about the show Thursday night.
User avatar
Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5856
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Europe

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Smekaren »

This place will be absolutely packed. It's been sold-out for months. Hopefully the crowd will be just as great as in Stockholm, although half the size. 8)
User avatar
lock24lock24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by lock24lock24 »

I will be there as well. It will be my second Kiss show (first was in Malmö 2010). I hope this one will be as enjoyable.
User avatar
lola_shandi_sunset
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:24 am
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by lola_shandi_sunset »

this'll be my first KISS concert :)
Holmgren
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Scania

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Holmgren »

So, how was it?

And what happened to this site??
User avatar
KrazySwede
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4508
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: A place called home....

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by KrazySwede »

Probably the best reviews so far on their Euro-tour.....
User avatar
black diamond
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by black diamond »

I was there and I had a great time. They did good and Paul's voice improved in the second half of the show. They dropped Love Gun.
User avatar
Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5856
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Europe

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Smekaren »

Image
User avatar
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 15042
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:48 pm

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by KISSFACE »

black diamond wrote:I was there and I had a great time. They did good and Paul's voice improved in the second half of the show. They dropped Love Gun.
Wow, finally!? I'd like them to add a Gene song now. Almost Human or something uncommon.
User avatar
black diamond
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by black diamond »

They also didn't play Let Me Go Rock 'N' Roll. Paul and the crowd together did Shandi up until first chorus before Crazy Crazy Nights. Upon audience request.

Deuce
Shout It Out Loud
Lick It Up
I Love It Loud
Firehouse
Shock Me
Flaming Youth
War Machine
Crazy Crazy Nights
Cold Gin
Say Yeah
Psycho Circus
Black Diamond
Rock And Roll All Nite
I Was Made For Lovin' You
Detroit Rock City
User avatar
black diamond
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by black diamond »

KISSFACE wrote:
black diamond wrote:I was there and I had a great time. They did good and Paul's voice improved in the second half of the show. They dropped Love Gun.
Wow, finally!? I'd like them to add a Gene song now. Almost Human or something uncommon.
Yeah, the set list is a bit short now. Gene should have one more song.
User avatar
mamado
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8230
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: URANUS

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by mamado »

black diamond wrote:(...) They dropped Love Gun.
Good news!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :flower:
User avatar
Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5856
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Europe

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Smekaren »

Good reviews. For example, the biggest newspaper in Gothenburg rated the show 4 out of 5. The attendance was 11,117.
User avatar
Ikons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6846
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Ikons »

PEOPLEEEE. YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED, WE DROPPED LOVE GUN FROM THE SETLIST. IN ITS STEAD, WE'RE GONNA DO-- PEOPLE OVER THERE LET ME HEAR YA!! -- WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE FOR YA NOW..... COMES OFF AN ALBUM CALLED KISS ALIVE..... IT'S CALLED LADIES ROOM AND IT GOES... LIKE... THIS... ONE TWO THREE FOAHHH
User avatar
MrMisery
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by MrMisery »

Well. Back from Göteborg and what a night it was.. actually the venue was the same where I saw my first ever KISS-show back in 1996.
Since showbiz is all about who you know we did manage to get both free tickets and go behind the stage and watch KISS coming out from their dressingroom, and getting a few pix before the show, seeing the band in full make-up and costumes up close is really surreal.. so is getting a fistbump from Gene Simmons. :twisted:

So, about the show. The place was packed and the crowd was into it, much more than the show in Stockholm 2013. And it really showed that the band was having a good night.
I think the stageshow on this tour was one of the better ones they had for a loong time. The huge KISS-logo looked great behind the band, too bad they didn’t use it more. They added a few things, like the lasers(green and red), some new pyro, smaller screens in the ceiling and the lifts that went out into the audience, they were much better than the old ones. I also dont remember a smokemachine on the small platform above the stage where Gene sings Warmachine., that looked really cool.

Pauls voice was a bit better, yeah, its rough, but it has improved, he cut down quite a bit on the pointless stagebanter, Iḿ sure that helps. Still wish Gene could get a few more songs, we dont need to hear Crazy Nights again, they brought it back for one tour, that was enough.. but speaking of the demon, Gene seemed to be in good shape, moving around and sure he looked a bit tired from time to time, but lets remember that he is 67, he still brings it. and so does Tommy and Eric, like em or not, they are doing a good job. Tommy was always moving around and Eric is a monster behind the kit.
The pyro was loud as fuck, Eric must be deaf by now.. also, ending the show with Detroit Rock City is a great decision

All in all, we had a good time and it felt nice to see them once more.
User avatar
Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5856
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Europe

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Smekaren »

MrMisery wrote:Well. Back from Göteborg and what a night it was.. actually the venue was the same where I saw my first ever KISS-show back in 1996.
Since showbiz is all about who you know we did manage to get both free tickets and go behind the stage and watch KISS coming out from their dressingroom, and getting a few pix before the show, seeing the band in full make-up and costumes up close is really surreal.. so is getting a fistbump from Gene Simmons. :twisted:

So, about the show. The place was packed and the crowd was into it, much more than the show in Stockholm 2013. And it really showed that the band was having a good night.
I think the stageshow on this tour was one of the better ones they had for a loong time. The huge KISS-logo looked great behind the band, too bad they didn’t use it more. They added a few things, like the lasers(green and red), some new pyro, smaller screens in the ceiling and the lifts that went out into the audience, they were much better than the old ones. I also dont remember a smokemachine on the small platform above the stage where Gene sings Warmachine., that looked really cool.

Pauls voice was a bit better, yeah, its rough, but it has improved, he cut down quite a bit on the pointless stagebanter, Iḿ sure that helps. Still wish Gene could get a few more songs, we dont need to hear Crazy Nights again, they brought it back for one tour, that was enough.. but speaking of the demon, Gene seemed to be in good shape, moving around and sure he looked a bit tired from time to time, but lets remember that he is 67, he still brings it. and so does Tommy and Eric, like em or not, they are doing a good job. Tommy was always moving around and Eric is a monster behind the kit.
The pyro was loud as fuck, Eric must be deaf by now.. also, ending the show with Detroit Rock City is a great decision

All in all, we had a good time and it felt nice to see them once more.
Thanks for the review. I had almost the exact same impressions from the show in Stockholm the other day.
NightmareChild
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by NightmareChild »

That's great, now shutup and play ... oh, wait.
User avatar
lock24lock24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by lock24lock24 »

Openers Raveneye were good and went down well. They thanked the crowd for being "so welcoming" and got generous applause.

Kiss went down gangbusters, the crowd was really into it, screaming, clapping, singing...the works.
The band sounded very good, Tommy didn't copy Ace as much as he did around the time of Sonic Boom, and played in his own style well.
Eric and and Gene were solid but Paul was very clearly not. The mix in Scandinavium was very clear, so I doubt anyone missed that.
But in general the band was solid and professional, and Paul is still visibly a great showman.

Love Gun and LTMRR were not played, but in the case of the former I didn't care too much since I've heard it to death. Highlights for me personally were FY and WM, since those are rare to hear live. Overall very good.
User avatar
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 20950
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Cynical critic, Extraordinaire

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by LordThurisaz »

lock24lock24 wrote:Openers Raveneye were good and went down well. They thanked the crowd for being "so welcoming" and got generous applause.

Kiss went down gangbusters, the crowd was really into it, screaming, clapping, singing...the works.
The band sounded very good, Tommy didn't copy Ace as much as he did around the time of Sonic Boom, and played in his own style well.
Eric and and Gene were solid but Paul was very clearly not. The mix in Scandinavium was very clear, so I doubt anyone missed that.
But in general the band was solid and professional, and Paul is still visibly a great showman.

Love Gun and LTMRR were not played, but in the case of the former I didn't care too much since I've heard it to death. Highlights for me personally were FY and WM, since those are rare to hear live. Overall very good.
Judging from your review, I'm glad you and all the other Swedish members of the KISS Army had a great time.
User avatar
lock24lock24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by lock24lock24 »

LordThurisaz wrote:
lock24lock24 wrote:Openers Raveneye were good and went down well. They thanked the crowd for being "so welcoming" and got generous applause.

Kiss went down gangbusters, the crowd was really into it, screaming, clapping, singing...the works.
The band sounded very good, Tommy didn't copy Ace as much as he did around the time of Sonic Boom, and played in his own style well.
Eric and and Gene were solid but Paul was very clearly not. The mix in Scandinavium was very clear, so I doubt anyone missed that.
But in general the band was solid and professional, and Paul is still visibly a great showman.

Love Gun and LTMRR were not played, but in the case of the former I didn't care too much since I've heard it to death. Highlights for me personally were FY and WM, since those are rare to hear live. Overall very good.
Judging from your review, I'm glad you and all the other Swedish members of the KISS Army had a great time.
Thanks, yeah they can still put on a great show, and pack in good crowds as well. I've seen AC/DC twice in stadiums, Kiss in a stadium before, been right at the front at an Ozzy show with 13,000 others, seen Deep Purple and Alice Cooper twice but I've never experienced a lively crowd such as this. Rock might be out of fashion but it's not completely dead yet, at least not as long as some of the old dinosaurs still walk on Earth.

The roughest crowd I've ever experienced (with Kiss being the loudest) was at an Ace show here in Gothenburg in 2009. Like at the Ozzy show I was at the front, but with 1000 Kiss diehards inside the venue it was almost a struggle to survive :mrgreen:. Not even the Ozzy crowd was nearly as intense. Kiss fans are a special kind indeed.
User avatar
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 20950
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Cynical critic, Extraordinaire

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by LordThurisaz »

lock24lock24 wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:
lock24lock24 wrote:Openers Raveneye were good and went down well. They thanked the crowd for being "so welcoming" and got generous applause.

Kiss went down gangbusters, the crowd was really into it, screaming, clapping, singing...the works.
The band sounded very good, Tommy didn't copy Ace as much as he did around the time of Sonic Boom, and played in his own style well.
Eric and and Gene were solid but Paul was very clearly not. The mix in Scandinavium was very clear, so I doubt anyone missed that.
But in general the band was solid and professional, and Paul is still visibly a great showman.

Love Gun and LTMRR were not played, but in the case of the former I didn't care too much since I've heard it to death. Highlights for me personally were FY and WM, since those are rare to hear live. Overall very good.
Judging from your review, I'm glad you and all the other Swedish members of the KISS Army had a great time.
Thanks, yeah they can still put on a great show, and pack in good crowds as well. I've seen AC/DC twice in stadiums, Kiss in a stadium before, been right at the front at an Ozzy show with 13,000 others, seen Deep Purple and Alice Cooper twice but I've never experienced a lively crowd such as this. Rock might be out of fashion but it's not completely dead yet, at least not as long as some of the old dinosaurs still walk on Earth.

The roughest crowd I've ever experienced (with Kiss being the loudest) was at an Ace show here in Gothenburg in 2009. Like at the Ozzy show I was at the front, but with 1000 Kiss diehards inside the venue it was almost a struggle to survive :mrgreen:. Not even the Ozzy crowd was nearly as intense. Kiss fans are a special kind indeed.
As ravenous as KISS fans are in some areas, I'm surprised KISS has never had any riots -- not to my knowledge, anyways. I think the worst was a gig that was in Germany, I think, and KISS stopped to ask the crowd to please move back because people up front were getting squashed. Pretty sure they left the stage and said they'd come back when the crowd was under control.
User avatar
MrMisery
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by MrMisery »

Thanks for the review. I had almost the exact same impressions from the show in Stockholm the other day.
My friend was at both concerts and thought that the one in Göteborg was better, he said the one in Stockholm had some technical issues. Hope you had a great night though!
User avatar
KrazySwede
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4508
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: A place called home....

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by KrazySwede »

Some drummer and Gothenburg-native, Mikey Dee
Touching to see how amazed and proud that 'some drummer' is standing next to the mighty Mikey Dee.....
Image
User avatar
MrMisery
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by MrMisery »

Mikey Dee was backstage in Göteborg. Didnt look all that mighty next to KISS.. just saying ;)
User avatar
Ivin
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Ivin »

Pics from the show:
kiss2.jpg
gene1.jpg
paul2.jpg
eric3.jpg
tommy3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5650
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:25 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: KISS World 2017 - May 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Erwin »

Ivin wrote:Pics from the show:
Nice!