2017 Show #2 - Thackerville, OK

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

2017 Show #2 - Thackerville, OK

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2017/2017-0224.php
KISSworld1972
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: 2017 Show #2 - Thackerville, OK

Post by KISSworld1972 »

Any setlist news? Same as the Tulsa show pretty much?
thewhip
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by thewhip »

Same setlist as Tulsa.
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by 67321 »

thewhip wrote:Same setlist as Tulsa.
Damn Whip, where you been? Welcome back, still lovin' that avatar. :thumleft:
iceman500
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by iceman500 »

Everything was same. Stage is boring and sucks. In the newspapers they are talking about Oklahoma becoming paul and genes adopted state now. I did see Eric was pissed at somebody before the show he was barking at a security guard I don't know what about but u could see he was upset.
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Psycho Circus from last night, the same Youtuber has posted a few more clips in decent quality:

Deuce sounds pretty good:
Eddie Van Hazel
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

Thanks for posting that. "Duece" sounded pretty damn good. They look great.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

Soo....no stage what so ever ( but the crowd has lights to kook at )

Boring setlist

No new album or buzz about the band in which could possibly bring more people to the shows ( THINKING they might get something different....hahaha )

Other than getting a workout and getting paid ( serving themselves )

^ what are they offering the crowd?
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Eddie Van Hazel wrote:Thanks for posting that. "Duece" sounded pretty damn good. They look great.
Yeah, Deuce always gives me goosebumps and this was a pretty great version, powerful and heavy, really strong playing and a bit faster than I remember them playing it recently. I wouldn't be disappointed to attend a show for them to open with that, such a cool opening song.
shiner
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by shiner »

HOFCity wrote:Soo....no stage what so ever ( but the crowd has lights to kook at )

Boring setlist

No new album or buzz about the band in which could possibly bring more people to the shows ( THINKING they might get something different....hahaha )

Other than getting a workout and getting paid ( serving themselves )

^ what are they offering the crowd?

The lack of stage has to do with the venue. The fact they had any pyro at all at the Tulsa show surprised the hell out of me. I have seen several shows there and have never seen anything more than the venue's standard setup for any band playing there.
Hipster1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Hipster1 »

What do y'all want from the setlist....?????

The place was nut to butt....packed....never seen so many new fans....a lot of first time kiss concerts...the merch line was the longest line for merchandise ever seen.....but what do I know? Every tour since 77...a kruise...I loved it...I thought they sounded great...vocally not like they were in their 20's...but musically much better...but hell...I want it real...raw....fu c k perfect....you can have the boring eagles for that....do I want deep cuts....no...I've heard them and know why they are deep cuts....well good luck complaining about everything kiss....
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

Hipster1 wrote:What do y'all want from the setlist....?????

The place was nut to butt....packed....never seen so many new fans....a lot of first time kiss concerts...the merch line was the longest line for merchandise ever seen.....but what do I know? Every tour since 77...a kruise...I loved it...I thought they sounded great...vocally not like they were in their 20's...but musically much better...but hell...I want it real...raw....fu c k perfect....you can have the boring eagles for that....do I want deep cuts....no...I've heard them and know why they are deep cuts....well good luck complaining about everything kiss....

Here's what upsets me....setlist?....not really-they've finally mastered the songs they chose to play every Tour for about the last decade or so.

Show - - since they know they're sounding tight and have been ( musically ) for their last three or soo Tours. Why not give the concert goers something different or new in the show?

New Music - while they would more than likely only play one or two songs from the record , it would still be something different for the concert goer to hear and give us fans more KISS music to enjoy.

Genes outfit on this money grab - C'mon dude get it together. I realize probably 90% of these concert goers don't remember his original outfit from this era but it's screams laziness and Tribute band.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

HOFCity wrote:

Here's what upsets me....setlist?....not really-they've finally mastered the songs they chose to play every Tour for about the last decade or so.

Show - - since they know they're sounding tight and have been ( musically ) for their last three or soo Tours. Why not give the concert goers something different or new in the show?

New Music - while they would more than likely only play one or two songs from the record , it would still be something different for the concert goer to hear and give us fans more KISS music to enjoy.

Genes outfit on this money grab - C'mon dude get it together. I realize probably 90% of these concert goers don't remember his original outfit from this era but it's screams laziness and Tribute band.
It's almost seems like Paul is not catering to the hard core fans? Maybe he does not like fans who remember KISS when they truly were the best?
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

aceshigh wrote:
HOFCity wrote:

It's almost seems like Paul is not catering to the hard core fans? Maybe he does not like fans who remember KISS when they truly were the best?
Why would he cater for the fans that complain about every tiny detail and every move the band makes???
Seriously, KISS fans are both the best and worst fans out there. We are loyal, dedicated and obsessive, but we are also very selfish, thinking the band should be doing exactly what we want.

Every one of us has a different idea of what KISS should be in 2017; For some it's the originals, others want just Ace, some of us expect a Kruise type setlist, some want new music, some wish they would retire. But rather than just hope for those things, we almost act like we deserve it and we bitch and moan they are doing it all wrong when these things don't happen.

Most of us here are not as bad, but you see more of this on Facebook. People will completely hijack a discussion with their aggressive anti-current KISS rant and how things should be the way they want it. If I were Paul I'd keep doing it the way I wanted and if the whining diehards aren't happy, they can stay home. I know we got them to where they are, but we seem to be determined to knock them off their pedestal ever since. KISS are doing just fine without following advice from any of us!
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Mr Slow wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
HOFCity wrote:

Why would he cater for the fans that complain about every tiny detail and every move the band makes???
Seriously, KISS fans are both the best and worst fans out there. We are loyal, dedicated and obsessive, but we are also very selfish, thinking the band should be doing exactly what we want.

Every one of us has a different idea of what KISS should be in 2017; For some it's the originals, others want just Ace, some of us expect a Kruise type setlist, some want new music, some wish they would retire. But rather than just hope for those things, we almost act like we deserve it and we bitch and moan they are doing it all wrong when these things don't happen.

Most of us here are not as bad, but you see more of this on Facebook. People will completely hijack a discussion with their aggressive anti-current KISS rant and how things should be the way they want it. If I were Paul I'd keep doing it the way I wanted and if the whining diehards aren't happy, they can stay home. I know we got them to where they are, but we seem to be determined to knock them off their pedestal ever since. KISS are doing just fine without following advice from any of us!
The fans are the bosses...... :D
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Stale set but it certainly sticks out to me that Love Gun is song 2. That's never happened before. Aside from Crazy Nights tour and RTN tour with Love Gun being the opener, it's always been a back end of the set song, with it sometimes being more in the middle (LG Tour).

I'd be interested to see the transition from Deuce into Love Gun. No video's of this yet though.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

aceshigh wrote:
Mr Slow wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
HOFCity wrote:

The fans are the bosses...... :D
Yep...I believe they want to hear and obey - - but from whom ?

Simple...what we want involves work and change - - what the casuals want is mearily to see explosions and hear Rock and Roll All Night.

They hear and obey the fans alright...but not the fans who basically made them and stood by them.

In today / out tomorrow fans is who they cater too
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

Did Paul play his purple cracked mirror Ibanez at this show? He played it at Tulsa it was so cool! I love that guitar its my new fav PS geetar!
shupey

Post by shupey »

Deuce sounds great. Gene's voice is holding up well.