2017 Show #1 - Catoosa, OK

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

2017 Show #1 - Catoosa, OK

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2017/2017-0222.php
Stanley! You look so cute
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: 2017 Show #1 - Catoosa, OK

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Getting a 404 on the link, and also the link for show 3. Just a headsup.
Sssnakester
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Sssnakester »

I grew up in Catoosa. My high school is no more than 1/4 mile from the venue. If you would've told me that KISS would one day be playing there I would've laughed hysterically or something.
iceman500
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by iceman500 »

I will try and get as much video and pics as I can tonight. I won't be able to post it until tomorrow it is a 3.5 hour drive for me.
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

iceman500 wrote:I will try and get as much video and pics as I can tonight. I won't be able to post it until tomorrow it is a 3.5 hour drive for me.
You will post them tonight, young man.

I kid... :) Have a great time!
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

iceman500 wrote:I will try and get as much video and pics as I can tonight. I won't be able to post it until tomorrow it is a 3.5 hour drive for me.
Put the phone/camera down and enjoy the moment!
gothunder
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by gothunder »

CHEERS!
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

please post a update if for some reason they have the WAFFLE MAKER available at the merch stand.
:alien:
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

Keith went live on Facebook for the opening of the show...they opened with "Deuce" and "Love Gun"
BullSid
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by BullSid »

Hope they don't bring this set to Europe.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1487824230575.jpg
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

BullSid wrote:Hope they don't bring this set to Europe.
I'm kind of happy to see LMGRNR back since it hasn't been played regularly for the last couple of years and Flaming Yough is still fresh, but other than that very boring.
KissRocks7
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by KissRocks7 »

Lol why'd they even need to rehearse for these shows?
Rockker
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rockker »

Damn that set list is kinda stale. Hope they add something a bit more interesting
KISSworld1972

Post by KISSworld1972 »

I could definitely do without Shock Me....and IWMFLY should never be played again. :|
shandi777

Post by shandi777 »

Not surprised by the set.....yawn.
Red_Walrus
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Red_Walrus »

Wonder what the stage was like.
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

KISSworld1972 wrote:I could definitely do without Shock Me....and IWMFLY should never be played again. :|
Amen.
NightmareChild
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by NightmareChild »

That setlist is an insult. A big FUCK YOU from Paul to the fans.
Red_Walrus
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Red_Walrus »

LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by LordThurisaz »

Thanks for posting. Paul's boots look ridiculously bad, though.

EDIT: Ugh. That last video. Is anyone actually watching the show instead of their phone? No wonder Danzig throws people out for looking at their phones during concerts.
*Chameleon*
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by *Chameleon* »

Really dissappointed that they didn't keep the rarities from the last Kruise:
Radioactive, Keep Me Comin', R&R Hell, Wouldn't You Like To Know Me, At least let Tommy & Eric sing their own songs from Monster and Sonic Boom but NOPE, same old setlist.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Don't worry, they will
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

NightmareChild wrote:That setlist is an insult. A big FUCK YOU from Paul to the fans.
Why?
It was such a fresh and exciting setlist
Didn't see any of those songs coming
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

NightmareChild wrote:That setlist is an insult. A big FUCK YOU from Paul to the fans.
This is precisely where we, as long time fans, have got it all wrong.
That setlist features some of the most well known and loved KISS songs. Read through the Facebook comments and people that went to the show are all saying how great it was. Our mistake is thinking that KISS should be catering to us, the fans that sit at home complaining that Ace isn't in the band or how they stick 2 "imposters" onstage. The band long since cared what we think. They want to appeal to the people that are going to pay up to see them. It should go without saying, but it's a business. And it has been that way for decades now.

Those that see KISS in 2017 are either knowing it's a nostalgic based greatest hits type show (like us folks here) or they are oblivious to what will be played and just happy that they know 4 or 5 of the songs. :thumright:
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Paul's wearing his tail!
Setlist is okay, Firehouse, Let Me Go and Flaming Youth are probs the 'deeper' cuts. Kinda wish the setlist was longer though.
Psycho Circus 12th song in? 'And I say welcome to the show' 12 songs in? Logic? Nope. I'd much rather here ANYTHING else than Psycho Circus 12 songs in.
Was expecting the tank stage tbh, the stage is pretty dull looking.

Overall, I hope this is just a 'warm up', trying out some songs getting the feel for the songs for bigger shows in Europe. The setlist is better than last year in my opinion (okay not much change but not having God Of Thunder & Do You Love Me is refreshing) and I do hope they add one or two more songs to the set before Europe (hoping for Crazy Nights for UK shows at least, since you know its probably the big song people know).
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Mr Slow wrote:
That setlist features some of the most well known and loved KISS songs. Read through the Facebook comments and people that went to the show are all saying how great it was. Our mistake is thinking that KISS should be catering to us, the fans that sit at home complaining that Ace isn't in the band or how they stick 2 "imposters" onstage. The band long since cared what we think. They want to appeal to the people that are going to pay up to see them. It should go without saying, but it's a business. And it has been that way for decades now.

Those that see KISS in 2017 are either knowing it's a nostalgic based greatest hits type show (like us folks here) or they are oblivious to what will be played and just happy that they know 4 or 5 of the songs. :thumright:
Damn you! Using logical analysis is NOT allowed. You're banned for the rest of the day! :lol:
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Despite this setlist I'm excited about the upcoming tour becuase I'm going to the Moscow show which is an opening night of the tour and they usually try something new (by KISS standards) during the early shows before settling to safer choises after 4-5 shows.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

kissjrj wrote:
Mr Slow wrote:

Damn you! Using logical analysis is NOT allowed. You're banned for the rest of the day! :lol:
Sorry! :oops:
It's true though. Why would they fill the setlist with rarities when a good majority of the audience wouldn't know them?
A FUCK YOU to the fans would actually be playing obscure songs all night. I saw GnR recently and the songs that went over best were the 5 or 6 absolute classics that the whole world knows. Some of the more obscure songs fell completely flat because almost nobody knew them.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

There is nothing wrong with that set list. Does it excite folk who follow every.single.show.update.year.after.year? No. They/We're not there. And anyway, it's not 2004, 1996, 1990, or 1977 anymore.

What if one of our stalwart two were sick, and wanted to rock to the end like Lemmy (I'm not suggesting that is the case by any means)? Would that change some people's opinions? What if they just didn't want to stop? Would that change some people's opinions? What if they look out from the stage and see the smiles (behind the phones held aloft) and fists pumped, or people singing along, or children in awe? Would that change some people's opinions? Probably not for certain miserable keyboard warriors who seem to have nothing better to do and denigrate what they once purportedly loved. However, some of us will savor every moment to the final curtain call, though not without constructive feedback and (hopefully) intelligent non-angry discussion.
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

Damn... I could've seen Flaming Youth! Wish I was able to have went. Hope all that did had a good time!
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Admin wrote:There is nothing wrong with that set list. Does it excite folk who follow every.single.show.update.year.after.year? No. They/We're not there. And anyway, it's not 2004, 1996, 1990, or 1977 anymore.

What if one of our stalwart two were sick, and wanted to rock to the end like Lemmy (I'm not suggesting that is the case by any means)? Would that change some people's opinions? What if they just didn't want to stop? Would that change some people's opinions? What if they look out from the stage and see the smiles (behind the phones held aloft) and fists pumped, or people singing along, or children in awe? Would that change some people's opinions? Probably not for certain miserable keyboard warriors who seem to have nothing better to do and denigrate what they once purportedly loved. However, some of us will savor every moment to the final curtain call, though not without constructive feedback and (hopefully) intelligent non-angry discussion.
Great stuff. I'm with you there. Sure it's not perfect but I'm still having a fantastic time following my favorite band and I'm here until the end. Hopefully they've got a couple good years still left in them before its all over.
Ironfist76

Post by Ironfist76 »

Mr Slow wrote:

Crimson Harpoon
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crimson Harpoon »

Mr Slow wrote:
Admin wrote:There is nothing wrong with that set list. Does it excite folk who follow every.single.show.update.year.after.year? No. They/We're not there. And anyway, it's not 2004, 1996, 1990, or 1977 anymore.

Great stuff. I'm with you there. Sure it's not perfect but I'm still having a fantastic time following my favorite band and I'm here until the end. Hopefully they've got a couple good years still left in them before its all over.
They only had a couple of good years 15 years ago.
Ironfist76

Post by Ironfist76 »

Spot on.
ado2002
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by ado2002 »

The masses wanna hear these songs. All 2.700 of them.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

ado2002 wrote:The masses wanna hear these songs. All 2.700 of them.
Exactly my prob
This set is better than the Freedom To Rock tour I give them that
When you are playing to 2,700 people you should change it up
Wearing COTN costumes and they don't do COTN but they do Cold Gin , ok
lola_shandi_sunset
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by lola_shandi_sunset »

I would love some more videos :) Hope you all who was there had a great time
Crimson Harpoon
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crimson Harpoon »

KISS would be so much better playing to their hardcore base rather than trying to please a general audience of concert goers who couldn't give a fuck about who and what they are seeing and hearing. KISS is what it is because money is their number one reason for doing anything. Now is the time they should be cementing their legacy as a band and with the people who have stood by them when the general public wouldn't have pissed on the band to put it out. Gene has said many times "Fuck integrity", and to a point, he's correct. But that point has been so far passed, the band has become the joke the people it now plays to have always said it is. If playing to 35 people in an elementary school cafeteria earned them a decent profit margin, they'd do it. If anyone had said KISS would be playing the venues it now plays, KISS fans would have said that person was crazy or just being a hater. Now it's reality and some have to justify it in their own minds by saying they're making money rather than accepting the mess KISS has become.
Last edited by Crimson Harpoon on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
FlamingRuth

Post by FlamingRuth »

They could bring that set list back to AZ and I'd be over the moon. 8)
Flaming Youth & Firehouse....2 of my favorites....although I do think it's kinda cute & funny that Firehouse still has to be labeled with the asterisk ("siren Gene fire") after all these years. :)
shiner
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by shiner »

Mr Slow wrote:

Well said and 100% correct.

My wife and I were there, 4th row right in front of Gene's mic stand, and it was a great show. I know several people who went last night and all have said the same. Three people I know were seeing them for the first time and were in awe. We had a few beers after the show together and they just kept going on and on about what a great time they had and what an "incredible experience" it was. After they had been going on a while one of them said "why are you being so quiet?" and I replied "Oh, I'm just sitting here feeling the nostalgia of how I felt all those years ago back in the 70's when I first became a fan. Welcome to the KISS Army."
[ack]
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by [ack] »

Paul is shot. :mrgreen:
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

That is my Flaming Youth video(the first one posted)!!! HAHA ... I had a second row seat on Tommys side, but apparently they had to take out the first row to accommodate the risers and all... I would be PISSED if I had a front row seat & they ended up bouncing me and giving be a refund! In any case my row BB ended up being first row since they did that, I was in shock!! I was only able to get a couple of short videos the picture Nazis were on me like white on rice! I really REALLY enjoyed the show, my once complaint is WHY if they are wearing the COTN costumes.... did they not at least even play that song??? TF but still it was an awesome show, I can now say I was first row at a KISS concert!!! :D :D :D :D
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

^^^
EXACTLY!!!!

:salut:
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

shiner wrote:
Mr Slow wrote:

Well said and 100% correct.

My wife and I were there, 4th row right in front of Gene's mic stand, and it was a great show. I know several people who went last night and all have said the same. Three people I know were seeing them for the first time and were in awe. We had a few beers after the show together and they just kept going on and on about what a great time they had and what an "incredible experience" it was. After they had been going on a while one of them said "why are you being so quiet?" and I replied "Oh, I'm just sitting here feeling the nostalgia of how I felt all those years ago back in the 70's when I first became a fan. Welcome to the KISS Army."
Awwww yeah Shine!!! That story brought a tear to my eye.

Glad you guys had a good time. Nothing quite like a KISS concert...electric church baby!!! I'm so jealous.

Well...myself and a few friends are gonna have a blast at Air Supply tonight. Not quite the same thing, but for now it'll have to do. :D
NightmareChild
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by NightmareChild »

They've had 21 years of playing 'what the casual fans want to hear'. Springsteen, McCartney, Elton, Billy Joel, Alice Cooper and a dozen other huge acts I could name play a few rare songs in their set every tour, cycle songs in and out etc, why can't KISS?

If people go along just to hear the "hits" then they wouldn't even notice that LMGRNR was swapped out for, say, Rock N Roll Hell. Realistically they wouldn't know either of them.

And where are all the songs from the last two albums? They always say they're a current band not a nostalgia act. They're wearing outfits from 1982 and he most recent song is from 1998. I don't get it. Do Thayer's song or All For the Love of RNR. It would be a change if pace and give PS a break.
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

Those that see KISS in 2017 are either knowing it's a nostalgic based greatest hits type show (like us folks here) or they are oblivious to what will be played and just happy that they know 4 or 5 of the songs. :thumright:[/quote]

well said.
as much as i can not stand Tommy doing Shock Me , it is a perfect time for a beer run in the set.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

pepperkitty wrote:This is precisely where we, as long time fans, have got it all wrong.

I have been a fan since 1976
I don't sit at home a bitch about Tommy and Eric
I spent a fortune on the last Kruise
I have seen them over 50 times in my life
They have been spewing for years We are the Boss
They are full of shit
How many songs do they have ?
Yet no thought goes into their setlist whatsoever
Great , they gave us F Y last year, now it won't leave the set for something else
We do have a right to bitch , everyone of us that has supported them for Decades
Everyone the forked over money time and time agian only to walk away with a bunch of lies and a stale setlist
Because they won't put in the time to change it
gothunder
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by gothunder »

Red_Walrus wrote:

Solid.
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

metaldad wrote:
pepperkitty wrote:This is precisely where we, as long time fans, have got it all wrong.

I have been a fan since 1976
I don't sit at home a bitch about Tommy and Eric
I spent a fortune on the last Kruise
I have seen them over 50 times in my life
They have been spewing for years We are the Boss
They are full of shit
How many songs do they have ?
Yet no thought goes into their setlist whatsoever
Great , they gave us F Y last year, now it won't leave the set for something else
We do have a right to bitch , everyone of us that has supported them for Decades
Everyone the forked over money time and time agian only to walk away with a bunch of lies and a stale setlist
Because they won't put in the time to change it

i have been a fan as well since 1975
i bitch no more about Tommy and Eric as i did with Bruce or Vinnie or Mark or with Eric Carr on the drums.
i'm in the 30+ gig seen area. from the 70's - 2016
i personally cant stand the non-make up area years of Animalize through Revenge - (lps or tours) revenge tour was awesome not a fan of the lp
You and I really are the Boss. - we control the decisions to follow the band or not.
Yes, you and i again have the right to bitch but they also have the right to present their "product" how they seem fit.
As for the $$$ spent over the years and EVEN this morning on tickets , records , merch and YES i will buy that damn Waffle Maker , i know what i'm getting and will be happy to annoy my wife with it!
be happy my friend , time is to short to let a lazy set list interfere with the good time.
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

10,000% in agreement. When I was a kid who first got into the band in 1975 and the pictures and posters took over every square inch on my bedroom, my father tormented me over my love for this band. He told me great bands and artists last five years and legends last ten or more. He, like so many others, was convinced they would be long gone and forgotten in two or three years, tops. I have seen this band through every incarnation since 1975, to include some very legendary shows, and I am beyond grateful they are still here all these years later and at least 40 years since my dad gave me that insight. Does it hurt me to watch my favorite singer who has made such an impact on my life suffer now, you bet and it's not lost on me. But guess what? We win!!