FTR 2016 Show #33 - Rochester, NY - Aug. 29

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #33 - Rochester, NY - Aug. 29

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0829.php
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Re: FTR 2016 Show #33 - Rochester, NY - Aug. 29

Post by Admin »

No one?

There is this pre-show press...
http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/r ... id=2868678
syracusekissfan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by syracusekissfan »

I was there, same set list as the last few shows. The upper tiers had some vacant seats, pretty good crowd. KISS was definitely firing on all cylinders. Paul's new guitars look awesome in person. Had a good time, sat 3RD row in front of Paul, ears are still ringing. The Dead Daisies was rocking pretty good too, really enjoyed their set.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

syracusekissfan wrote:I was there, same set list as the last few shows. The upper tiers had some vacant seats, pretty good crowd. KISS was definitely firing on all cylinders. Paul's new guitars look awesome in person. Had a good time, sat 3RD row in front of Paul, ears are still ringing. The Dead Daisies was rocking pretty good too, really enjoyed their set.
I take it you're talking about Erie my brother?
Fasterpdiddy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Fasterpdiddy »

Curious about the numbers as they papered the living hell out of it. We were giving away stacks all week at my bar and quite a few others in the area.
syracusekissfan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

nibbler1982 wrote:
syracusekissfan wrote:I was there, same set list as the last few shows. The upper tiers had some vacant seats, pretty good crowd. KISS was definitely firing on all cylinders. Paul's new guitars look awesome in person. Had a good time, sat 3RD row in front of Paul, ears are still ringing. The Dead Daisies was rocking pretty good too, really enjoyed their set.
No, Rochester, as far as I know, it was the same set list, if that's what your referring to.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

syracusekissfan wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
No, Rochester, as far as I know, it was the same set list, if that's what your referring to.
Just trying to make a joke on the "pretty good crowd" comment. Rochester and State College are just about as soft as it got on Freedom To Rock. I'm glad you had a good time. No disrespect brother. I'll buy you a drink next time I run into you at Sutter's!
hotterthanhell16
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by hotterthanhell16 »

I was there. Fifth row center, right in front of Paul. The band sounded great and they looked like they were having a ton of fun up there.

However I think the crowd was embarrassingly light- especially the upper level. Maybe 60-65% capacity if I had to guess. Just listening to the people around me in line and at my seat it seemed like a lot of casual fans. A lot of people really talked up the band but most of the stuff they were saying was wrong. (People not knowing what instuments Tommy and Eric played, calling Eric Carr "Steve Carr," some lady asked if they'd play Beth and everyone around went "Nah no way! They don't play that any more out of respect to Peter."

That being said, it was amazing being that close. I've seen 4 shows but never been that close to the stage. I caught one of Marco Mendoza's picks and had a few of Paul's bounce off my hands but didn't get one.
hotterthanhell16
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

syracusekissfan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

nibbler1982 wrote:
syracusekissfan wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
Just trying to make a joke on the "pretty good crowd" comment. Rochester and State College are just about as soft as it got on Freedom To Rock. I'm glad you had a good time. No disrespect brother. I'll buy you a drink next time I run into you at Sutter's!
There was no disrespect, my head is still fried from last night, it was slow picking up the joke, we're still cool.
syracusekissfan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

hotterthanhell16 wrote:I was there. Fifth row center, right in front of Paul. The band sounded great and they looked like they were having a ton of fun up there.

However I think the crowd was embarrassingly light- especially the upper level. Maybe 60-65% capacity if I had to guess. Just listening to the people around me in line and at my seat it seemed like a lot of casual fans. A lot of people really talked up the band but most of the stuff they were saying was wrong. (People not knowing what instuments Tommy and Eric played, calling Eric Carr "Steve Carr," some lady asked if they'd play Beth and everyone around went "Nah no way! They don't play that any more out of respect to Peter."

That being said, it was amazing being that close. I've seen 4 shows but never been that close to the stage. I caught one of Marco Mendoza's picks and had a few of Paul's bounce off my hands but didn't get one.

I was 3RD row, didn't get any guitar picks either, Paul flings them out to at least the 10TH row, Tommy only tossed a few, only into the stands next to the stage. Gene tossed 1 on my side of the stage, that was the only one I saw him toss all night. Why load up the guitars with picks if your not gonna throw them.
hotterthanhell16
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

syracusekissfan wrote:
hotterthanhell16 wrote:I was there. Fifth row center, right in front of Paul. The band sounded great and they looked like they were having a ton of fun up there.

I was 3RD row, didn't get any guitar picks either, Paul flings them out to at least the 10TH row, Tommy only tossed a few, only into the stands next to the stage. Gene tossed 1 on my side of the stage, that was the only one I saw him toss all night. Why load up the guitars with picks if your not gonna throw them.
I know! I recall Tommy throwing a lot that landed in the gap between the stage and the first row. Paul threw the most- especially during Black Diamond but they all went just over my outstretched hands.

The Daisies throw a TON of picks, probably more at each other than the crowd, too. And I've never seen a drummer attempt more sticky tricks than Tichy and yet drop nearly every stick he bounced in the air!