FTR 2016 Show #30 - Toledo, OH - Aug. 24

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #30 - Toledo, OH - Aug. 24

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0824.php
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: FTR 2016 Show #30 - Toledo, OH - Aug. 24

Post by diabloarcade »

Hoping I can get into the venue without a problem, my 16th concert (as a 17 year old) and 4th Kiss concert. Won free tickets and a photo with the band via Tunespeak contest, and I have to get my tickets and everything via Will Call, and I've never done will call and don't even have an ID so I will need to pick up a temporary one at the SOS the day of the concert.
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

diabloarcade wrote:Hoping I can get into the venue without a problem, my 16th concert (as a 17 year old) and 4th Kiss concert. Won free tickets and a photo with the band via Tunespeak contest, and I have to get my tickets and everything via Will Call, and I've never done will call and don't even have an ID so I will need to pick up a temporary one at the SOS the day of the concert.

Enjoy the show and good luck with the ID!
AlBabyinKalamazoo
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AlBabyinKalamazoo »

diabloarcade wrote:Hoping I can get into the venue without a problem, my 16th concert (as a 17 year old) and 4th Kiss concert. Won free tickets and a photo with the band via Tunespeak contest, and I have to get my tickets and everything via Will Call, and I've never done will call and don't even have an ID so I will need to pick up a temporary one at the SOS the day of the concert.
I will also be there for the show and Meet n Greet. Can't Wait!!
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

I'm geeked! haven't seen the boys in a few years!
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

AlBabyinKalamazoo wrote:
I will also be there for the show and Meet n Greet. Can't Wait!!

If you see a tall skinny white kid with his dad taking a picture with the band, that's me. :lol: :mrgreen:
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Gene SimmonsVerified account
‏@genesimmons
Believe it or not--tornado right over our heads at concert. People from street coming into hall. Show has been stopped! #Toledo
mistermike40
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by mistermike40 »

kissjrj wrote:Gene SimmonsVerified account
‏@genesimmons
Believe it or not--tornado right over our heads at concert... Show has been stopped! #Toledo
Has anyone confirmed the show was stopped? I was seriously considering going to the Toledo concert tonight. There are tornadoes all over the area right now...
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

KISS show stopped in Toledo!

Post by Mr Slow »

Apparently tonight's KISS show has been stopped due to a tornado!
Not sure if it has just been paused or the show has been cancelled. Not able to find much info ion it at this point.

Gene's Twitter:
Believe it or not--tornado right over our heads at concert. People from street coming into hall. Show has been stopped!

:shock:
Ironfist76
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: KISS show stopped in Toledo!

Post by Ironfist76 »

Holy Toledo! :shock:
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

:!:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
saintsinner2007

Post by saintsinner2007 »

JohnBergless
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by JohnBergless »

Wow. A first for them?
strutter806
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by strutter806 »

Can Gene find a way to market this??
The KISS Tornado! :roll:
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

strutter806 wrote:Can Gene find a way to market this??
Nah... The KISS Tornado Survival Kit! :lol:
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

With that subject line, I thought the content was going to be something like "Vinnie showed up and started some shit..."

I wanna see footage! But thankfully no one hurt, remember some past shows of late, like the Cheap trick one where the stage fell.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

redinthesky wrote:With that subject line, I thought the content was going to be something like "Vinnie showed up and started some shit..."
Even a tornado wouldn't be as big a headline as "Vinnie stops KISS show!!!" :lol:
DOUBLE DYNASTY
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

HOLY TOLEDO !!! :lol:
dotsoa
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by dotsoa »

mistermike40 wrote:
‏@genesimmons
Believe it or not--tornado right over our heads at concert... Show has been stopped! #Toledo
Has anyone confirmed the show was stopped? I was seriously considering going to the Toledo concert tonight. There are tornadoes all over the area right now...
The Dead Dasies set was stopped after a few songs due to the Tornado warnings. A while after that KISS went on with no interruptions.
Kissologist
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Kissologist »

That's how the big boys do it!
Match that, U2! :twisted:
:mrgreen:
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

mistermike40 wrote:
‏@genesimmons

i was there, the dead daisies got about 5 songs in....and BOOM, corabi goes "we'll be right back, there's a message hold on"

the tornado did in fact touch down badly about 40 minutes west of toledo, from what i was hearing it did major damage out there in the sticks. i hope everyone is ok

5 minutes later the PA announcer came on the speakers and said the best place to be is in the actual arena, not the concourses. corabi actually came back out and said "sorry we had to cut our show short due to the weather,but we'd love to come back in the near future and play again" and the crowd went apeshit.

they also had a meet and greet with the daisies between kiss' and their set.

so we all hunkered down for about 45 minutes....then the show came. toledo was very loud and the boys were all "on" tonight.

and they did the 1983 rio ending for black diamond!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

weed smell all over the place, kinda dampens the mood because someone cant get out of 1978.

PAUL SOUNDED GREAT!

i paused immediately after psycho circus began....the crowd lost their collective mind, i was like "wait a minute"

there were some kids there dressed like kiss.....in the monster outfits. people were taking pictures of them all night.....im not joking. between songs, during songs, after the show, before the show.

any shittyness towards tommy is gone....he sang shock me and it wasnt exactly quiet in there. also same for his solo. then i checked the merch table after the show.....his autographed 8x10's were pretty much sold out.

great show, paul hardly had to do any of the stuff he or gene normally do to get people to cheer. it was a damn good show, the people who didnt go missed a great time!

also....weirdly enough, paul mentioned the last time they were in toledo. back in 2000....and guess what....tornado touched down that day as well....

the audience was hot all night. no resentment towards eric for singing beth either.

low light of the show,, fuck heads kept getting up for beer. i counted one guy...he got up SEVEN times for beer before the show.

side note...a woman was 55 sheets to the wind BEFORE the dead daisies went on. she ended up propped up in her seat.....15 minutes before that, she was laying out in the street drunk.

no idea how she got BACK IN THE ARENA.

:roll:
Last edited by scotty_rhoads on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

A tornado touched down nearby and they delayed for a while and I was rushed through the meet & greet, so I didn't have much time to talk or get anything signed. However Gene did choke me with his arm in the picture (which I will get in 3 days or so, whenever they go up on kissonline).
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

are you a new kiss fan? tornado touched down last time they were in toledo too
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

The show went on. It was amazing.
Attachments
14054186_1779069312331352_8615414360283955750_n.jpg
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

Sifting through the pics I took, came up with this.
Attachments
14054186_1779069312331352_8615414360283955750_n.jpg
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

diabloarcade wrote:A tornado touched down nearby and they delayed for a while and I was rushed through the meet & greet, so I didn't have much time to talk or get anything signed. However Gene did choke me with his arm in the picture (which I will get in 3 days or so, whenever they go up on kissonline).

i knew you wouldnt have any trouble getting in....i drove 6 hours for my first kiss show and it was basically trust because a good friend bought that ticket for me. i was cringing the whole time at the will call window. im glad you had fun!
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

scotty_rhoads wrote:
diabloarcade wrote:A tornado touched down nearby and they delayed for a while and I was rushed through the meet & greet, so I didn't have much time to talk or get anything signed. However Gene did choke me with his arm in the picture (which I will get in 3 days or so, whenever they go up on kissonline).

i knew you wouldnt have any trouble getting in....i drove 6 hours for my first kiss show and it was basically trust because a good friend bought that ticket for me. i was cringing the whole time at the will call window. im glad you had fun!

Will Call and the staff seemed to be very disorganized at this show. Saw many people at the box office confused as to where to go and why they did not have their tickets.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

diabloarcade wrote:
scotty_rhoads wrote:

Will Call and the staff seemed to be very disorganized at this show. Saw many people at the box office confused as to where to go and why they did not have their tickets.

thats normal....at least the ticket scanner worked this time. its the same staff from the old sports arena....very unorganized, have no idea how to handle any situation etc etc. but at my entrance from the parking garage, they were wanding people coming in and the damn thing broke...they looked at each other like "what do we do?"

if at all possible, order tickets as soon as they go on sale so you have real tickets in your hand when u get to the venue the day of the show. i saw many people with print out invoices and those seem like trouble
NightmareChild
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by NightmareChild »

diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

scotty_rhoads wrote:
diabloarcade wrote:
scotty_rhoads wrote:

thats normal....at least the ticket scanner worked this time. its the same staff from the old sports arena....very unorganized, have no idea how to handle any situation etc etc. but at my entrance from the parking garage, they were wanding people coming in and the damn thing broke...they looked at each other like "what do we do?"

if at all possible, order tickets as soon as they go on sale so you have real tickets in your hand when u get to the venue the day of the show. i saw many people with print out invoices and those seem like trouble
I'd like to start getting actual tickets. The problem with that however, is I'm cheap (and broke). I go to many concerts but I usually end up waiting until the last minute to buy tickets, when scalpers are trying to make whatever they can for their unsold tickets. I've gotten some tickets for Saint Andrews Hall and The Shelter for $5-10 here in Detroit.
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

Mr Slow wrote: Gene's Twitter:
Believe it or not--tornado right over our heads at concert. People from street coming into hall. Show has been stopped!

:shock:
Did they get charged double to come into the concert hall and use it as a shelter by Gene?? LOL
1000000-2-1
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by 1000000-2-1 »

Mr Slow wrote:
Nah... The KISS Tornado Survival Kit! :lol:
It should be called KISSNADO :D :D :D
jconnors

Post by jconnors »

I think in the early days, Toledo was one of the bands favorite places to play. Great kiss history in that town.
I have a friend of mine that went to the 1975 sports arena gig on the alive tour. He was nice enough to give me his ticket stub from that show.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

jconnors wrote:I think in the early days, Toledo was one of the bands favorite places to play. Great kiss history in that town.
I have a friend of mine that went to the 1975 sports arena gig on the alive tour. He was nice enough to give me his ticket stub from that show.
paul said last night they were in toledo within the first 2 years KISS existed. 14 times they've played toledo. thats alot
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

diabloarcade wrote:
scotty_rhoads wrote:
diabloarcade wrote:
scotty_rhoads wrote:

I'd like to start getting actual tickets. The problem with that however, is I'm cheap (and broke). I go to many concerts but I usually end up waiting until the last minute to buy tickets, when scalpers are trying to make whatever they can for their unsold tickets. I've gotten some tickets for Saint Andrews Hall and The Shelter for $5-10 here in Detroit.

oh i understand that, i got tired of it and got a better job. so when i sat down at a kiss show a few years ago (around the time monster came out) i was all smiles because i did it myself
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

KISS is still in Toledo today. I wonder where they are staying?
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

Spaceace wrote:KISS is still in Toledo today. I wonder where they are staying?

theres a few extremely high priced hotels around............
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

scotty_rhoads wrote:

Like what? There aren't the big expensive hotels they are probably use to.

I saw that Tommy was downtown at Kengo for sushi tonight.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

Spaceace wrote:
scotty_rhoads wrote:

you obviously arent from toledo if you said that
jconnors

Post by jconnors »

Spaceace wrote:
scotty_rhoads wrote:

Toledo sucks for hotels.
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Any word on the turnout for this show?
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

jconnors wrote:
Spaceace wrote:
scotty_rhoads wrote:

Toledo sucks for hotels.

:lol: :lol: if that was true, alice cooper wouldnt keep coming back here.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

Smekaren wrote:Any word on the turnout for this show?
it looked pretty much full. no idea on comps vs sales, but just looking at the crowd behind me showed there was maybe 100 seats open total.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »