FTR 2016 Show #22 - Green Bay, WI - Aug. 10

WI KISSfan
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by WI KISSfan »

So I knew it had been awhile since KISS had been to Green Bay, in fact it was Memorial Day weekend of 1990. I remember it well since it was my bachelor party. Now my best friend, who was my best man, and was with me that day in 1990 and I will see them again one week from today! Always a good time.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/sto ... /87924550/
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Resch Center, Green Bay WI, 8/10/16

Post by dtk07 »

Looking forward to this show. This show will mark the first time seeing Kiss in my backyard(Less than a mile from my house!). I've always had to travel to Milwaukee, Madison, Cadott, Alpine Valley etc.. to see Kiss. I like the Resch Center, granted I've been to way more Gamblers hockey games and things of that sort than concerts at the Resch.

It also marks the 20 year anniversary of my first Kiss show. My first Kiss show was Aug 10, 1996 in Milwaukee.
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

dtk07 wrote:Looking forward to this show. This show will mark the first time seeing Kiss in my backyard(Less than a mile from my house!). I've always had to travel to Milwaukee, Madison, Cadott, Alpine Valley etc.. to see Kiss. I like the Resch Center, granted I've been to way more Gamblers hockey games and things of that sort than concerts at the Resch.

It also marks the 20 year anniversary of my first Kiss show. My first Kiss show was Aug 10, 1996 in Milwaukee.
So meetup and free parking at your house than? :D

Just kidding, enjoy the show. I was just shocked to realize that it was the first time in Green Bay since that 1990 show. I saw several non-makeup shows there before that too.
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

WI KISSfan wrote: So meetup and free parking at your house than? :D

Just kidding, enjoy the show. I was just shocked to realize that it was the first time in Green Bay since that 1990 show. I saw several non-makeup shows there before that too.
I think the old Brown County Arena has been too small for Kiss since the reunion at 7,000 people. Milwaukee always gets the first shot at Wisconsin dates and Kiss hasn't really done a long, multiple leg tour that extends into B markets since the Reunion and the Farewell Tours, both predating the Resch. Those tours might have had a chance at the Resch if it had existed (It opened in 2002).

Just a tip on free parking. I normally park in back parking lot of The Hilton Garden Inn or Brett Farve's Steakhouse without any issue. I'm pretty sure I parked there for Motley Crue last year without any issue. Otherwise across Lombardi are lots of neighborhood streets that are common to park and walk over.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0810.php
peopleselbow

Post by peopleselbow »

dtk07 wrote:
WI KISSfan wrote: So meetup and free parking at your house than? :D

I think the old Brown County Arena has been too small for Kiss since the reunion at 7,000 people. Milwaukee always gets the first shot at Wisconsin dates and Kiss hasn't really done a long, multiple leg tour that extends into B markets since the Reunion and the Farewell Tours, both predating the Resch. Those tours might have had a chance at the Resch if it had existed (It opened in 2002).

Just a tip on free parking. I normally park in back parking lot of The Hilton Garden Inn or Brett Farve's Steakhouse without any issue. I'm pretty sure I parked there for Motley Crue last year without any issue. Otherwise across Lombardi are lots of neighborhood streets that are common to park and walk over.
I'm going to the show and am staying downtown.

How's Uber in Green Bay ?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

dtk07 wrote:Looking forward to this show. This show will mark the first time seeing Kiss in my backyard(Less than a mile from my house!). I've always had to travel to Milwaukee, Madison, Cadott, Alpine Valley etc.. to see Kiss. I like the Resch Center, granted I've been to way more Gamblers hockey games and things of that sort than concerts at the Resch.

Went to that show in Cadott too my friend. Had to buy the VIP seats, Nibbs isn't gonna fly in from NY just to get in a fight with 40,000 maniacs in the mud, and if my memory serves me right it was pretty muddy.

Funniest thing, I'm driving from Minneapolis or St. Paul in a rented Impala. I swear to you I've NEVER experienced open roads like that EVER in my life. I'm doing 120 and it feels like I'm standing still 'cause my eyes have no reference to judge it by. NOBODY on the road and fields as far as I can see. I brought two Coors Light talls with me so I had something to do but still remain responsible for the two hour ride. Anyway I get lost on the final quarter of my jaunt. I end up racing next to a state trooper and flag him over. Nicest guy in the world and low and behold a card carrying member of the KISS Army. He gives me some good directions. All I can remember was making a right at a giant eagle or some shit. I bump into him later at the show and buy him a beer. It's funny, a KISS Kop pulled me over for speeding in Cleveland after a show at The Q and let me go 'cause he was a fan too. KISS and police? Who knows if there's a connection.

The VIP seats were the worst VIP I ever had. There were only 2,500 "seats" in the whole field. It was on bleachers and off in right orchestra. For $425 it was the best I was gonna get so it was a no brainer. I will say I got entrance to the eatery tent and it came with free food buffet style. The marinated steak was awesome. It did also come with access to the premium bar which meant I didn't have to wait on line for a beer. This was back when KISS wasn't touring full time and I had to go chase them around the world. I'm glad Paul's hip has healed. Nothing against Cadott but if there were other option I would've taken them.

Although I did fly into Fon du Lac once for a Leslie Lemke concert but that's a story for another day. :D
missingdiver
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by missingdiver »

nibbler1982 wrote:

Went to that show in Cadott too my friend. Had to buy the VIP seats, Nibbs isn't gonna fly in from NY just to get in a fight with 40,000 maniacs in the mud, and if my memory serves me right it was pretty muddy.

Funniest thing, I'm driving from Minneapolis or St. Paul in a rented Impala. I swear to you I've NEVER experienced open roads like that EVER in my life. I'm doing 120 and it feels like I'm standing still 'cause my eyes have no reference to judge it by. NOBODY on the road and fields as far as I can see. I brought two Coors Light talls with me so I had something to do but still remain responsible for the two hour ride. Anyway I get lost on the final quarter of my jaunt. I end up racing next to a state trooper and flag him over. Nicest guy in the world and low and behold a card carrying member of the KISS Army. He gives me some good directions. All I can remember was making a right at a giant eagle or some shit. I bump into him later at the show and buy him a beer. It's funny, a KISS Kop pulled me over for speeding in Cleveland after a show at The Q and let me go 'cause he was a fan too. KISS and police? Who knows if there's a connection.

The VIP seats were the worst VIP I ever had. There were only 2,500 "seats" in the whole field. It was on bleachers and off in right orchestra. For $425 it was the best I was gonna get so it was a no brainer. I will say I got entrance to the eatery tent and it came with free food buffet style. The marinated steak was awesome. It did also come with access to the premium bar which meant I didn't have to wait on line for a beer. This was back when KISS wasn't touring full time and I had to go chase them around the world. I'm glad Paul's hip has healed. Nothing against Cadott but if there were other option I would've taken them.

Although I did fly into Fon du Lac once for a Leslie Lemke concert but that's a story for another day. :D

Rockfest in Cadott is always an adventure...I was there that night too. One of the few shows they played all american man!
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

missingdiver wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

Rockfest in Cadott is always an adventure...I was there that night too. One of the few shows they played all american man!
I was at that show as well. Cadott is a far 2nd to Alpine Valley when it comes to outdoor venues in Wisconsin. But both of them are better than Ford Field in Oshkosh. Cadott is much easier to find than Alpine Valley though. You start to imagine your in the film Deliverance on the way to Alpine. :)
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

peopleselbow wrote:

Sorry I've never used Uber so I can't help you with that one. It shouldn't be too painful though. Its not more than a 15 minute car ride or so. If your looking for stuff to do after the show there are sports bars all around the Resch that should be full of Kiss fans before and after.
WI KISSfan

Re: FTR 2016 Show #22 - Green Bay, WI - Aug. 10

Post by WI KISSfan »

Is anyone interested in a meet up at the show?

We'll be tailgating somewhere in the lots.

Maybe be the first show where members here put up a photo of a meetup?
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

Here is another story the Press Gazette has run. Given this guys 19 year head start I'm not doing too bad if I'm only 5 shows behind him.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/sto ... /87546232/

I have some stuff I'd found over the years that I thought I'd share with the show coming up. This all predates any show I went to (my first show wasn't until 1996) but I find it cool none the less. I think I got a bunch of this from another local (former?) FAQ member that I lost contact with.
Attachments
1986KissBomb.jpg
1987KissReview.jpg
1986KissReview.jpg
1984KissReview.jpg
1984KissPGphoto.jpg
1984KissAd.jpg
Write up from the 1977 show
Write up from the 1977 show
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

WI KISSfan wrote:Is anyone interested in a meet up at the show?

I would be interested but I still have to figure out the logistics of my wife working till 4:30 and getting our 3 year old to the babysitters. None the less, I would be up for it though.
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

dtk07 wrote:Here is another story the Press Gazette has run. Given this guys 19 year head start I'm not doing too bad if I'm only 5 shows behind him.

I have some stuff I'd found over the years that I thought I'd share with the show coming up. This all predates any show I went to (my first show wasn't until 1996) but I find it cool none the less. I think I got a bunch of this from another local (former?) FAQ member that I lost contact with.

I was at all of those shows EXCEPT the reunion show.

The bomb scare actually worked to our advantage. We dragged ass leaving the building and were therefore some of the first let back in, got right up front after that.
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

dtk07 wrote:

I would be interested but I still have to figure out the logistics of my wife working till 4:30 and getting our 3 year old to the babysitters. None the less, I would be up for it though.
Sending a pm.
peopleselbow

Post by peopleselbow »

I'm in.

I will either wearing my Creatures shirt or my Revenge shirt.

PM me with details.
peopleselbow

Post by peopleselbow »

dtk07 wrote:
peopleselbow wrote:

Sorry I've never used Uber so I can't help you with that one. It shouldn't be too painful though. Its not more than a 15 minute car ride or so. If your looking for stuff to do after the show there are sports bars all around the Resch that should be full of Kiss fans before and after.
Thanks !
Booman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Booman »

I will be there in my John Corabi for Prez shirt! I was at Cadott VIP too and GB 1990 & 1988! The thing with Cadotts VIP is that the price is for all four days not just for Kiss. Food is good and beer quick and easy to get, and free! Still am Leary about bring my camera tomorrow. I called the Resch today and was told no cameras and they will be checking at the gate. i said I look forward to watching them control cel phones and the Lady got pissy and said people will be asked to put phones away if caught taking photos. Good luck with that!
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

Booman wrote:I will be there in my John Corabi for Prez shirt! I was at Cadott VIP too and GB 1990 & 1988! The thing with Cadotts VIP is that the price is for all four days not just for Kiss. Food is good and beer quick and easy to get, and free! Still am Leary about bring my camera tomorrow. I called the Resch today and was told no cameras and they will be checking at the gate. i said I look forward to watching them control cel phones and the Lady got pissy and said people will be asked to put phones away if caught taking photos. Good luck with that!
Got this in my email today. Doesn't say anything about cameras.
Attachments
KISS-THINGS-TO-KNOW.jpg
Booman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Booman »

dtk07 wrote:
Booman wrote:I will be there in my John Corabi for Prez shirt! I was at Cadott VIP too and GB 1990 & 1988! The thing with Cadotts VIP is that the price is for all four days not just for Kiss. Food is good and beer quick and easy to get, and free! Still am Leary about bring my camera tomorrow. I called the Resch today and was told no cameras and they will be checking at the gate. i said I look forward to watching them control cel phones and the Lady got pissy and said people will be asked to put phones away if caught taking photos. Good luck with that!

I got that too. The site you order tickets say it and they said it on phone today
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

dtk07 wrote:
That list is comical. No weapons of any kind. Don't they know love's a deadly weapon? :P
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

If anyone stops by Packers training camp( across the street from the Resch) I might be there with the little one on Wednesday. They have a later practice at 11:45am. If you see someone in a "Kiss Destroys Milwaukee" 8/10/1996 Reunion shirt chasing a 3 year old, stop by and say hello.
KissAlive35_09
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by KissAlive35_09 »

I'm going to try and bring in my tent and canopy.

:lol:
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

KissAlive35_09 wrote:I'm going to try and bring in my tent and canopy.

:lol:
Just the fact that they have to include that means that some dipstick probably tried to carry one in.
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

At Packers training camp. This sign is on the door to the Reach for kiss tonight
Attachments
0810161236-1.jpg
peopleselbow

Post by peopleselbow »

KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

CStomp1 wrote:
dtk07 wrote:
That list is comical. No weapons of any kind. Don't they know love's a deadly weapon? :P
Sorry Paul, you can't bring your Love Gun in tonight!
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

nibbler1982 wrote:

Funniest thing, I'm driving from Minneapolis or St. Paul in a rented Impala. I swear to you I've NEVER experienced open roads like that EVER in my life. I'm doing 120 and it feels like I'm standing still 'cause my eyes have no reference to judge it by. NOBODY on the road and fields as far as I can see. I brought two Coors Light talls with me so I had something to do. :D
You are advocating for drinking and driving, not to mention open containers, on a public forum. :shock: Wow. Just wow. :evil:
gemini
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by gemini »

dtk07 wrote:Here is another story the Press Gazette has run. Given this guys 19 year head start I'm not doing too bad if I'm only 5 shows behind him.

Thanks for posting those! I read over them and was surprised to read the rare positive review from a 70s-era show. It's funny to see how little the writer's knew about the band in some cases. From the RARO show review, the guy mentions that at one point KISS played "FireHOSE" and "I Want You" from the new album RARO, and a song called "All Night Long."
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

My mind is too tired for a giant review but a few thoughts from the show:

Great show last night. I enjoyed not having to drive to see Kiss.
Sorry to miss out on the meet up. Glad everyone headed in though because it took a while to get in and the line out the doors grew quick.
I really liked having Flaming Youth and Do You Love Me in set.
How am I not surprised that our damn ribbon cutting, attention whore of a mayor found his way on stage. (He gave Kiss the key to the city and pronounced yesterday "Kiss day" in Green Bay during the troops tribute)
I hate to say because its been said but Paul's vocal issues are hid well when your at the show. The glass is either half empty or full. Kiss isn't gonna be around as live band many more tours and I am gonna miss that. They may not reach the greatness of before 2006 or so but they still put on one of the best live shows around, and I was told so after the show at the bar next door after show. All opinions afterwards were positive by the casual fans I was talking to.

Some pictures
Attachments
DSC05023.JPG
DSC05025.JPG
DSC05031.JPG
DSC05055.JPG
DSC05133.JPG
DSC05345.JPG
DSC05393.JPG
DSC05440.JPG
DSC05549.JPG
Crowd2.jpg
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

gemini wrote: Thanks for posting those! I read over them and was surprised to read the rare positive review from a 70s-era show. It's funny to see how little the writer's knew about the band in some cases. From the RARO show review, the guy mentions that at one point KISS played "FireHOSE" and "I Want You" from the new album RARO, and a song called "All Night Long."
Glad you enjoyed them. I noticed that too about the songs on the 1977 review.

Here are a couple more links covering the show last night:

Newspaper review
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/sto ... /87545712/

Fox11 coverage of Roadie of the Day with concert footage:
http://fox11online.com/news/local/green ... -for-a-day

NBC 26
http://www.nbc26.com/news/kiss-gives-a- ... a-vip-pass

Dead Daisies doing a morning show
http://www.wearegreenbay.com/local-5-li ... ad-daisies
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by 67321 »

nibbs wrote:Funniest thing, I'm driving from Minneapolis or St. Paul in a rented Impala. I swear to you I've NEVER experienced open roads like that EVER in my life. I'm doing 120 and it feels like I'm standing still 'cause my eyes have no reference to judge it by. NOBODY on the road and fields as far as I can see. I brought two Coors Light talls with me so I had something to do. :D

nibbs, next time push it to 180mph, ok. And, be sure to bring 4 Budweiser's with ya'.

:drunken: .... :pale: .... :silent: .... :puker: .... :shaking: .... :roll:
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Tymaster wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

Funniest thing, I'm driving from Minneapolis or St. Paul in a rented Impala. I swear to you I've NEVER experienced open roads like that EVER in my life. I'm doing 120 and it feels like I'm standing still 'cause my eyes have no reference to judge it by. NOBODY on the road and fields as far as I can see. I brought two Coors Light talls with me so I had something to do. :D
You are advocating for drinking and driving, not to mention open containers, on a public forum. :shock: Wow. Just wow. :evil:
I find it beyond comical that you've avoided a dozen or so replies to direct quotes by you but you pick this one to engage in conversation. Granted those dozen posts of mine were usually decimating your theorems to a point were you were left with nothing to say anyway, but I still find your social justice warrior badge funny nonetheless.

At a rock solid 210 lbs I could funnel two talls and jump immediately behind the wheel a still be out of reach of the long arm of the law. Shotguning those two should put me at about .045 BAC which is not legally impaired anywhere. Let's also mention its over a two hour ride. I'm also well aware an open container is illegal. It wouldn't be the first or the last time I've done it. To be honest, when I crack my first brew at M9 on the Meadowbrook Parkway (my exit in Merrick)...on my way to Jones Beach Theater, it's a heavenly experience. With that first sip it's the 80's all over again for a minute or two. Every year at Jones you catch a Tull, Steve Miller, and a Moody Blues concert. Great times.

For anyone pointing a finger, please look in the mirror and see if you've ever been behind the wheel at .045 (which is legal) or worse.
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

dtk07 wrote:Some pictures
:P
Booman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Booman »

1. I decided to leave my camera at home and was the only person in the arena without one.

2. I got a kick out of the pre show music playing Back on the Streets, the John Norum version!
peopleselbow

Post by peopleselbow »

Another great show.

The Resch Center is a great venue and being in the middle of the Packer facility and stadium makes it even cooler.

The bar next to Bret Favre's steakhouse had some hot waitresses as did the sports bar next to the Resch Center.

Uber in Green Bay is awesome. Got picked up in a Ford F-150 Pickup. Great ride.

Really liked the video montage they did during Do You love Me. At one point it looked like a tribute to Eric Carr. Very cool.

The set list as you know is heavy on Destroyer songs, which is fitting since this year is the 40th anniversary.

I am glad I made the trip.

Now, I have an opportunity to go to San Diego for the last Guns show. Hmmmmmm.
gemini
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by gemini »

Excellent photos! Thanks for posting. 8)
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

I had a great time at this show. Paul sounded better than on the Def Lep tour to me. Loved hearing Flaming Youth too.

Missed out on the meet up with other faq'ers.

The last few times I've seen KISS they've all been outdoor shows, so the amount of confetti used indoors seemed pretty crazy.

I enjoyed the day with some great, long time friends and got to see KISS, no omplaints from me.