FTR 2016 Show #19 - Moline, IL - Aug. 5

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #19 - Moline, IL - Aug. 5

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0805.php
tharv94
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Re: FTR 2016 Show #19 - Moline, IL - Aug. 5

Post by tharv94 »

I'll be there. I'll most likely post the setlist after the show for everyone!
Blackwaterrisin
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Blackwaterrisin »

making a roadtrip for this.
my first make-up KISS show.
totiefields
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by totiefields »

Seeing the band for the first time in 16 years. Taking my daughter, the only one of our four kids that would agree to go. Might be our last chance, you never know.
kissologistna
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by kissologistna »

totiefields wrote:Seeing the band for the first time in 16 years. Taking my daughter, the only one of our four kids that would agree to go. Might be our last chance, you never know.
Wow...16 years?
Have a great time and I'm sure your daughter will have a blast. As much as I bitch about current KISS, nothing can replace seeing the kids staring in awe at the stage. That was us once a long, long time ago.
totiefields

Post by totiefields »

kissologistna wrote:
totiefields wrote:Seeing the band for the first time in 16 years. Taking my daughter, the only one of our four kids that would agree to go. Might be our last chance, you never know.
Wow...16 years?
Have a great time and I'm sure your daughter will have a blast. As much as I bitch about current KISS, nothing can replace seeing the kids staring in awe at the stage. That was us once a long, long time ago.
Last time I saw them was a lackluster performance in Champaign, IL, one of the last shows of the Farewell Tour, tear-drop makeup and all.
clintmwells
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by clintmwells »

kissologistna wrote:
Wow...16 years?
Man, so true.
totiefields

Post by totiefields »

Show was great. If you saw the Edmonton show on YouTube, this was the same except subbing Do You Love Me for Creatures. The opening act was Meat Loaf sings the Black Crowes. Meat said "Moline make some noise!" about 75 times. The actual Frank from American Pickers watched the show about 20 feet from me. I had better seats. :) Crowd was great, very into the show, including Frank. Surprised they drew so well with upcoming shows nearby in Rockford, Springfield, and Des Moines.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

totiefields wrote:Show was great. If you saw the Edmonton show on YouTube, this was the same except subbing Do You Love Me for Creatures. The opening act was Meat Loaf sings the Black Crowes. Meat said "Moline make some noise!" about 75 times. The actual Frank from American Pickers watched the show about 20 feet from me. I had better seats. :) Crowd was great, very into the show, including Frank. Surprised they drew so well with upcoming shows nearby in Rockford, Springfield, and Des Moines.
Nice one. Did you get any pics or vids? :thumright:
totiefields

Post by totiefields »

Mr Slow wrote:
totiefields wrote:Show was great. If you saw the Edmonton show on YouTube, this was the same except subbing Do You Love Me for Creatures. The opening act was Meat Loaf sings the Black Crowes. Meat said "Moline make some noise!" about 75 times. The actual Frank from American Pickers watched the show about 20 feet from me. I had better seats. :) Crowd was great, very into the show, including Frank. Surprised they drew so well with upcoming shows nearby in Rockford, Springfield, and Des Moines.
A little just to document for my daughter and me, who took some herself. Nothing for the purpose of archiving the show for the world, and nothing that hasn't already been archived better on this tour already. My daughter has zero context in terms of a history with the band and her favorite songs from the show were Do You Love Me, Flaming Youth, Shock Me, Beth, and Rock And Roll All Nite. But she enjoyed it all.

As people have said in the past many times, when you are there, you really don't notice Paul's voice as much, probably because there are so many other things you can focus on. I paid attention and I thought he was pretty good last night. Not 1984 good or whatever, but hey, my daughter got to see KISS.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

totiefields wrote:
Mr Slow wrote:
A little just to document for my daughter and me, who took some herself. Nothing for the purpose of archiving the show for the world, and nothing that hasn't already been archived better on this tour already. My daughter has zero context in terms of a history with the band and her favorite songs from the show were Do You Love Me, Flaming Youth, Shock Me, Beth, and Rock And Roll All Nite. But she enjoyed it all.

As people have said in the past many times, when you are there, you really don't notice Paul's voice as much, probably because there are so many other things you can focus on. I paid attention and I thought he was pretty good last night. Not 1984 good or whatever, but hey, my daughter got to see KISS.
Great stuff! Glad she enjoyed it. Always a wonderful thing to experience something you love with your child. : thumright:
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

Excellent show by the boys. Fun as always - no complaints. Well, except for zero songs from RARO. Seems kind of sacrilegious.

I enjoyed Beth more than I thought I would, and Tommy adds a real nice solo to it.

I liked the patriotic part of the show because for me it comes off great and it's not political. Plus we had around 50 Vets sitting in our section, about 10 of them with service dogs! Those pups had no issues with the bombs going off - very disciplined.

During the Star Spangled Banner Tommy broke a string and couldn't hit some of the notes towards the end because of it. Once it ends they roll right into RARAN and with no time to get another guitar, it was probably the most anti-climactic beginning to that song ever. I'm sure some YouTube videos are already out there of it. They recovered though for a rousing finale.
LoveGun77
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by LoveGun77 »

I was there and it was awesome...they seemed to have good energy and were into it....crowd was as well as someone mentioned.

Pretty much everything you'd expect....great to hear FLAMING YOUTH. They sounded really good. Paul was rough in spots but good for the most part. Still don't get why he needs to screech and scream so much when his voice is fragile but who am I lol.

Overall,a great time and experience as always.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

LoveGun77 wrote:I was there and it was awesome...they seemed to have good energy and were into it....crowd was as well as someone mentioned.

Pretty much everything you'd expect....great to hear FLAMING YOUTH. They sounded really good. Paul was rough in spots but good for the most part. Still don't get why he needs to screech and scream so much when his voice is fragile but who am I lol.

Overall,a great time and experience as always.
I neglected to mention Flaming Youth in my comments. You're absolutely right - it was a treat to hear and sounded great. Some here like to bag on TT for the solo he plays on it. Honestly FY's solo is kind of a meandering Ace effort - not the typical "song within a song" classic Ace solo. Not a lot of structure to it so probably difficult to duplicate. In any event the song sounded good as did everything else. Drop in a couple additional rarities and I'd probably hit multiple shows, but still a fun event.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »