FTR 2016 Show #17 - Mankato, MN - Aug. 1

Admin
Gettin' Uppity

FTR 2016 Show #17 - Mankato, MN - Aug. 1

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0801.php

shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: FTR 2016 Show #17 - Mankato, MN - Aug. 1

Post by shupey »

Show#2 of the tour & #20 overall. Best part is it's only 45 minutes from my house!

actjac129
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by actjac129 »

Me, my son and an old high school buddy are hitting up the show tonight. This will be my sons very first concert! He's 17. Should be a blast. I last saw KISS in 2009 and that was a great show.

kissjrj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by kissjrj »

shupey

Post by shupey »

kissjrj wrote:Image
Nice. Where's that?

Klankh79
Banned
Banned

Post by Klankh79 »

you know, every time i see the current tour referred to as "FTR" my mind immediately translates it to "Fuck The Road," rather than what its supposed to. somewhat appropriate given their age and the stage their career is at wouldnt you say? lol

kissjrj

Post by kissjrj »

shupey wrote:
kissjrj wrote:Image
Nice. Where's that?
Newlyweds that caught up with the band at the hotel.

daltonic1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by daltonic1 »

how was the show?

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

shupey

Post by shupey »

Another great show by the boys. Paul was in pretty good voice tonight. Only had a couple of times I thought to myself "don't do that". He really seems to have adjusted well this tour. Still would be nice if they added a couple of tunes and maybe put COTN on ice. That's one song Paul struggles with and Tommy seems to have trouble with it as well. Had my wife, kids and some friends with us at the show (including a couple of KISS virgins) and all had a great time. Even had one of them look at me after the show and say "Ok, I get it" which I think was a reference to my fandom and my KISStastic man cave. If you are on the fence about seeing this line-up or about Paul's voice do yourself a favor and go. Better yet, take a KISS virgin with you and watch it through their eyes. You'll remember why you became a fan in the first place.

kissjrj

Post by kissjrj »

shupey wrote:Another great show by the boys. Paul was in pretty good voice tonight. Only had a couple of times I thought to myself "don't do that". He really seems to have adjusted well this tour. Still would be nice if they added a couple of tunes and maybe put COTN on ice. That's one song Paul struggles with and Tommy seems to have trouble with it as well. Had my wife, kids and some friends with us at the show (including a couple of KISS virgins) and all had a great time. Even had one of them look at me after the show and say "Ok, I get it" which I think was a reference to my fandom and my KISStastic man cave. If you are on the fence about seeing this line-up or about Paul's voice do yourself a favor and go. Better yet, take a KISS virgin with you and watch it through their eyes. You'll remember why you became a fan in the first place.
Now, that's what I like to hear. Awesome!

KissAlive35_09
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by KissAlive35_09 »

Some of us get it....some of us don't.

YOU DO!

:cheers:

:salut:

Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

shupey wrote:Another great show by the boys. Paul was in pretty good voice tonight. Only had a couple of times I thought to myself "don't do that". He really seems to have adjusted well this tour. Still would be nice if they added a couple of tunes and maybe put COTN on ice. That's one song Paul struggles with and Tommy seems to have trouble with it as well. Had my wife, kids and some friends with us at the show (including a couple of KISS virgins) and all had a great time. Even had one of them look at me after the show and say "Ok, I get it" which I think was a reference to my fandom and my KISStastic man cave. If you are on the fence about seeing this line-up or about Paul's voice do yourself a favor and go. Better yet, take a KISS virgin with you and watch it through their eyes. You'll remember why you became a fan in the first place.
That to me is a really great thing to experience. That moment when some non fan is genuinely impressed by what the band does. It vindicates us as fans. I love that feeling.

gemini
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by gemini »

I took a KISS virgin to a show back on the Rock the Nation tour and that was a really great time. It's always fun to vicariously live a first show through a friend.