FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post Reply
User avatar
Admin
Gettin' Uppity
Posts: 13993
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0718.php

User avatar
JohnBergless
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by JohnBergless »

Sorry, my fellow Colorado peeps...I'm sitting this one out. Should be a neat setting down there, inside CC's arena...not as big as Pepsi Center. Nice and close up. Have a great time if you're going.

User avatar
badmachineogm
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by badmachineogm »

I'll be there this evening, eighth row, floor, dead center. (Purchased my tickets from the box office this morning.) In general, how long have Caleb Johnson's opening sets been? More specifically, when has KISS's set begun after the concert's scheduled start time? Thanks.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by nibbler1982 »

badmachineogm wrote:I'll be there this evening, eighth row, floor, dead center. (Purchased my tickets from the box office this morning.) In general, how long have Caleb Johnson's opening sets been? More specifically, when has KISS's set begun after the concert's scheduled start time? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure KISS have been going on at 8:30.

User avatar
G6O6A6T
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1026
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:13 pm

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by G6O6A6T »


User avatar
JohnBergless
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by JohnBergless »

I was kind of hoping they'd play at DU's arena and not CC's! I guess they skipped Denver thinking they'd draw people from Denver up to Cheyenne Days and not down to the Springs.

User avatar
OHKISSFAN
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:42 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Any info on the setlist - or reviews?

User avatar
badmachineogm
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by badmachineogm »

The performance last night was outstanding - this coming from a fan of 40 years who had seen the original line-up on several occasions during the classic era, several non-make-up performances, the turgid reunion shows, as well as a couple other Singer/Thayer tours. Those of you who are haters of the current line-up need to move on - really. Stanley/Simmons/Singer/Thayer, musically, is KISS at its best since Alive I. Some observations from last night's show:

1. Set list was identical to recent shows. The Creatures and Psycho Circus material brought the energy level down compared to the other selections. I would advocate for replacing these numbers with sections from Sonic Boom or Monster. No, I'm neither stoned nor stupid. The current material is closer in feel to classic KISS. Flaming Youth was strong - much, much better than its limited run at the start of the Destroyer tour.

2. Paul was not strong in voice - no surprise there - but he didn't embarrass himself with his performance. There were very few wince-worthy moments. The problem with Paul, I believe, is his disengagement from the rest of the band. Simply put, when the spotlight wasn't on him, he seemed and frequently was removed from the rest of the band. Gene, Eric and Tommy performed as a team - not Paul.

3. The World Arena was 90%+ full - over 6000 bodies. Loved seeing the many generations in attendance, in and out of make-up, all having a good time. This tour of secondary markets is a good move by the organization. It's impossible to know, but it's doubtful that anyone left the show yesterday disappointed.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by nibbler1982 »

badmachineogm wrote:The performance last night was outstanding - this coming from a fan of 40 years who had seen the original line-up on several occasions during the classic era, several non-make-up performances, the turgid reunion shows, as well as a couple other Singer/Thayer tours. Those of you who are haters of the current line-up need to move on - really. Stanley/Simmons/Singer/Thayer, musically, is KISS at its best since Alive I. Some observations from last night's show:

1. Set list was identical to recent shows. The Creatures and Psycho Circus material brought the energy level down compared to the other selections. I would advocate for replacing these numbers with sections from Sonic Boom or Monster. No, I'm neither stoned nor stupid. The current material is closer in feel to classic KISS. Flaming Youth was strong - much, much better than its limited run at the start of the Destroyer tour.

2. Paul was not strong in voice - no surprise there - but he didn't embarrass himself with his performance. There were very few wince-worthy moments. The problem with Paul, I believe, is his disengagement from the rest of the band. Simply put, when the spotlight wasn't on him, he seemed and frequently was removed from the rest of the band. Gene, Eric and Tommy performed as a team - not Paul.

3. The World Arena was 90%+ full - over 6000 bodies. Loved seeing the many generations in attendance, in and out of make-up, all having a good time. This tour of secondary markets is a good move by the organization. It's impossible to know, but it's doubtful that anyone left the show yesterday disappointed.
I'm so glad you had a great time. Nothing quite like KISS live huh? Electric Church baby!!! I hear you loud and clear. Can't wait for my first show in Youngstown and I just picked up tickets for Mohegan Sun this morning.

KISS Army forever

User avatar
Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5490
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:25 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by Erwin »

http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2016/07/1 ... /119476/#1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

User avatar
badmachineogm
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by badmachineogm »

A photo I had taken from the Springs. Let me know if you'd like to see some more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:39 am
Contact:

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by KF73 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
badmachineogm wrote:The performance last night was outstanding - this coming from a fan of 40 years who had seen the original line-up on several occasions during the classic era, several non-make-up performances, the turgid reunion shows, as well as a couple other Singer/Thayer tours. Those of you who are haters of the current line-up need to move on - really. Stanley/Simmons/Singer/Thayer, musically, is KISS at its best since Alive I. Some observations from last night's show:

1. Set list was identical to recent shows. The Creatures and Psycho Circus material brought the energy level down compared to the other selections. I would advocate for replacing these numbers with sections from Sonic Boom or Monster. No, I'm neither stoned nor stupid. The current material is closer in feel to classic KISS. Flaming Youth was strong - much, much better than its limited run at the start of the Destroyer tour.

2. Paul was not strong in voice - no surprise there - but he didn't embarrass himself with his performance. There were very few wince-worthy moments. The problem with Paul, I believe, is his disengagement from the rest of the band. Simply put, when the spotlight wasn't on him, he seemed and frequently was removed from the rest of the band. Gene, Eric and Tommy performed as a team - not Paul.

3. The World Arena was 90%+ full - over 6000 bodies. Loved seeing the many generations in attendance, in and out of make-up, all having a good time. This tour of secondary markets is a good move by the organization. It's impossible to know, but it's doubtful that anyone left the show yesterday disappointed.
I'm so glad you had a great time. Nothing quite like KISS live huh? Electric Church baby!!! I hear you loud and clear. Can't wait for my first show in Youngstown and I just picked up tickets for Mohegan Sun this morning.

KISS Army forever
When did they add Mohegan Sun? As in Uncasville?

User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by px74 »

badmachineogm wrote:A photo I had taken from the Springs. Let me know if you'd like to see some more.

Please go ahead - great shot!

User avatar
badmachineogm
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by badmachineogm »

Beth, I hear you calling.... (Who's dos? Is dis Petah? I wanna tawk to Petah!!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by nibbler1982 »

KF73 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
badmachineogm wrote:The performance last night was outstanding - this coming from a fan of 40 years who had seen the original line-up on several occasions during the classic era, several non-make-up performances, the turgid reunion shows, as well as a couple other Singer/Thayer tours. Those of you who are haters of the current line-up need to move on - really. Stanley/Simmons/Singer/Thayer, musically, is KISS at its best since Alive I. Some observations from last night's show:

1. Set list was identical to recent shows. The Creatures and Psycho Circus material brought the energy level down compared to the other selections. I would advocate for replacing these numbers with sections from Sonic Boom or Monster. No, I'm neither stoned nor stupid. The current material is closer in feel to classic KISS. Flaming Youth was strong - much, much better than its limited run at the start of the Destroyer tour.

2. Paul was not strong in voice - no surprise there - but he didn't embarrass himself with his performance. There were very few wince-worthy moments. The problem with Paul, I believe, is his disengagement from the rest of the band. Simply put, when the spotlight wasn't on him, he seemed and frequently was removed from the rest of the band. Gene, Eric and Tommy performed as a team - not Paul.

3. The World Arena was 90%+ full - over 6000 bodies. Loved seeing the many generations in attendance, in and out of make-up, all having a good time. This tour of secondary markets is a good move by the organization. It's impossible to know, but it's doubtful that anyone left the show yesterday disappointed.
I'm so glad you had a great time. Nothing quite like KISS live huh? Electric Church baby!!! I hear you loud and clear. Can't wait for my first show in Youngstown and I just picked up tickets for Mohegan Sun this morning.

KISS Army forever
When did they add Mohegan Sun? As in Uncasville?
Yes, my brother. Gots mines!

User avatar
black diamond
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1801
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by black diamond »


User avatar
69th_B1izard
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2286
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 pm
Location: Gotham City

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Review attached.

User avatar
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkwcGeg5fY
Never heard Eric calling out Tommy Thayer, pretty cool!

User avatar
Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5490
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:25 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: FTR 2016 Show #9 - Colorado Springs, CO - July 18

Post by Erwin »

KingOfHearts89 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkwcGeg5fY
Never heard Eric calling out Tommy Thayer, pretty cool!
Great clip! Tommy rocks it!

Post Reply