FTR 2016 Show #6 - Calgary, AB - July 13

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #6 - Calgary, AB - July 13

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0713.php
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: FTR 2016 Show #6 - Calgary, AB - July 13

Post by tazchris »

It will be my seventh time seeing KISS, so I am really pumped. It will be my first outdoor concert to boot. If any one is interested there are less than 500 General Admission Passes still available. They are $135.25 with fees. There is a link through ticketmaster.ca, or you can go top Stampederoundup.ca to purchase. As it sits right now they have sold over 17500 admissions. Weather might be concern with thunder showers possible, but the temperature is expected to be a comfortable 18 degrees Celsius. I do expect the stage to be down graded a bit. I don't think we will get any lifts; or Paul, and Genes flying rigs (similar to Tuscon). The gates open at three, and they have Moist, and The Cult also performing so I expect the stage to be generic. At best they should have the large screen, and some pyro. They are slotted to play from 8-10pm, strict noise bylaws will prevent them from going past 10pm. I am hoping they will play the whole set, but I would not be surprised if a couple songs a dropped. Still really excited about it regardless of how it turns out.
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

Sorry to ramble, but I forgot to mention if any one is considering going that the admission includes Beef on a bun dinner. Plus, proceeds benefit the Rotary Club here in Calgary. About $250000 going to the charity from this event. So if you are sitting on fence about going, hopefully that will be enough to push you off, and decide to go.
kenn.ace
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by kenn.ace »

tazchris wrote:It will be my seventh time seeing KISS, so I am really pumped. It will be my first outdoor concert to boot. If any one is interested there are less than 500 General Admission Passes still available. They are $135.25 with fees. There is a link through ticketmaster.ca, or you can go top Stampederoundup.ca to purchase. As it sits right now they have sold over 17500 admissions. Weather might be concern with thunder showers possible, but the temperature is expected to be a comfortable 18 degrees Celsius. I do expect the stage to be down graded a bit. I don't think we will get any lifts; or Paul, and Genes flying rigs (similar to Tuscon). The gates open at three, and they have Moist, and The Cult also performing so I expect the stage to be generic. At best they should have the large screen, and some pyro. They are slotted to play from 8-10pm, strict noise bylaws will prevent them from going past 10pm. I am hoping they will play the whole set, but I would not be surprised if a couple songs a dropped. Still really excited about it regardless of how it turns out.
I'll pass.
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

Too bad you decided to pass. Maybe we'll get lucky, and Ace will find his way to Flame Central again. He hasn't came through here in eight years, would be nice to get one last shot at seeing him.
pallmall2
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by pallmall2 »

tazchris wrote:It will be my seventh time seeing KISS, so I am really pumped. It will be my first outdoor concert to boot. If any one is interested there are less than 500 General Admission Passes still available. They are $135.25 with fees. There is a link through ticketmaster.ca, or you can go top Stampederoundup.ca to purchase. As it sits right now they have sold over 17500 admissions. Weather might be concern with thunder showers possible, but the temperature is expected to be a comfortable 18 degrees Celsius. I do expect the stage to be down graded a bit. I don't think we will get any lifts; or Paul, and Genes flying rigs (similar to Tuscon). The gates open at three, and they have Moist, and The Cult also performing so I expect the stage to be generic. At best they should have the large screen, and some pyro. They are slotted to play from 8-10pm, strict noise bylaws will prevent them from going past 10pm. I am hoping they will play the whole set, but I would not be surprised if a couple songs a dropped. Still really excited about it regardless of how it turns out.
You'll have a great time!
Last edited by pallmall2 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Sounds like it will be a huge crowd for this one. Looking forward to seeing reports and pics from it.
kenn.ace

Post by kenn.ace »

tazchris wrote:Too bad you decided to pass. Maybe we'll get lucky, and Ace will find his way to Flame Central again. He hasn't came through here in eight years, would be nice to get one last shot at seeing him.
I did not go to see Ace when he was at Flames Central. I did not think I would feel safe waiting for the CT Train late at night in downtown Calgary. I also did not go to see Ace and Peter when they were at The Back Alley in 1995 as I did not think I would feel safe going there either. Probably a silly reason in both cases, but so I have missed seeing Ace as well.

I seem to remember Ace being at the Back Alley one time earlier as well, but I did not see him then either.
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

Just got back from the show. It was great, maybe one the best I have seen due to getting a great spot to see them. I was about 80 feet back dead center. Unlike being on the floor in a arena there was a gradual hill working up from the stage. I ended up eye level, rather than having to look up. It was a festival show it was packed. The setlist was similar to Edmonton, with I Was Made For Lovin' you being dropped. All other sixteen songs were performed in the same order. Oh Canada was sung by a lady officer before they went into R n R All Night. As I expected there was no flying, and only the drum riser lifted. They had the back screens, and lots of pyro. The band performed great, and Paul sang about as good as he can be now, much better than the Kennewick clips I saw. They seemed to be in great spirits, with Paul donning a white cowboy hat for four songs. Paul always asks a the end if they can come back again to see us, I sure hope some how they can.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

tazchris wrote:Just got back from the show. It was great, maybe one the best I have seen due to getting a great spot to see them. I was about 80 feet back dead center. Unlike being on the floor in a arena there was a gradual hill working up from the stage. I ended up eye level, rather than having to look up. It was a festival show it was packed. The setlist was similar to Edmonton, with I Was Made For Lovin' you being dropped. All other sixteen songs were performed in the same order. Oh Canada was sung by a lady officer before they went into R n R All Night. As I expected there was no flying, and only the drum riser lifted. They had the back screens, and lots of pyro. The band performed great, and Paul sang about as good as he can be now, much better than the Kennewick clips I saw. They seemed to be in great spirits, with Paul donning a white cowboy hat for four songs. Paul always asks a the end if they can come back again to see us, I sure hope some how they can.
Thanks for letting us know how it was. Did you get any pics? I'd love to see Paul with the cowboy hat on! :D
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

tazchris wrote:Just got back from the show. It was great, maybe one the best I have seen due to getting a great spot to see them. I was about 80 feet back dead center. Unlike being on the floor in a arena there was a gradual hill working up from the stage. I ended up eye level, rather than having to look up. It was a festival show it was packed. The setlist was similar to Edmonton, with I Was Made For Lovin' you being dropped. All other sixteen songs were performed in the same order. Oh Canada was sung by a lady officer before they went into R n R All Night. As I expected there was no flying, and only the drum riser lifted. They had the back screens, and lots of pyro. The band performed great, and Paul sang about as good as he can be now, much better than the Kennewick clips I saw. They seemed to be in great spirits, with Paul donning a white cowboy hat for four songs. Paul always asks a the end if they can come back again to see us, I sure hope some how they can.
Glad you enjoyed the show. Thanks for posting your impressions. 8)
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Mr Slow wrote:
Thanks for letting us know how it was. Did you get any pics? I'd love to see Paul with the cowboy hat on! :D
It has its own dedicated thread, now. 8)
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

leifs
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by leifs »

Thanks for the review.

A lot of people with cowboy hats in the crowd.

Erwin

Post by Erwin »

War Machine sounds great!

tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

Thanks for posting the clips. I have an older phone so I was not able to record anything.
leifs
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by leifs »

Opening with Detroit Rock City

Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »