KISS40 Downunder 2015 - Auckland, Oct. 16

Julien
Whee Wan

KISS40 Downunder 2015 - Auckland, Oct. 16

Post by Julien »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!
Ginx99
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: KISS40 Downunder 2015 - Auckland, Oct. 16

Post by Ginx99 »

So pumped for this show
cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 »

Can't wait! Taking my two boys....their first KISS show. Super excited.
kiss.fan.nz
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by kiss.fan.nz »

Interview with Tommy Thayer on NZ radio:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/progr ... rsary-tour
edinneen
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by edinneen »

Should be a cracker of a show. 1980, 1997, 2009 and now 2015. Boom..... My kids (15 and 20) are really excited. Might be the last time we see them in NZ.
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

edinneen wrote:Should be a cracker of a show. 1980, 1997, 2009 and now 2015. Boom..... My kids (15 and 20) are really excited. Might be the last time we see them in NZ.
Hope you and your kids enjoy it. :thumright:
pounder48
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by pounder48 »

Here's a link to a NZ Tv program (Today Tonight) from KISS' first visit to NZ in 1980 which includes some live footage of DRC.
http://media-src.nzonscreen.com/0000/68 ... 550.HI.m4v
SW
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by SW »

pounder48 wrote:Here's a link to a NZ Tv program (Today Tonight) from KISS' first visit to NZ in 1980 which includes some live footage of DRC.
http://media-src.nzonscreen.com/0000/68 ... 550.HI.m4v
Those bloody Kiwis always have the best stuff. Oh well at least us Aussies had Split Enz :)
Wildwood75
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Wildwood75 »

SW wrote:
pounder48 wrote:Here's a link to a NZ Tv program (Today Tonight) from KISS' first visit to NZ in 1980 which includes some live footage of DRC.
http://media-src.nzonscreen.com/0000/68 ... 550.HI.m4v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those bloody Kiwis always have the best stuff. Oh well at least us Aussies had Split Enz :)

I loved Split Enz. A friend of mine for NZ turned me on to them years ago. At least 30. They have been around for a long time. Anyone have any video to be posted so we can hear how bad Paul spounds on this tour Downunder? I suppose I am a glutton for punishment.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Wildwood75 wrote:
SW wrote:
http://media-src.nzonscreen.com/0000/68 ... 550.HI.m4v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I loved Split Enz. A friend of mine for NZ turned me on to them years ago. At least 30. They have been around for a long time. Anyone have any video to be posted so we can hear how bad Paul spounds on this tour Downunder? I suppose I am a glutton for punishment.
Funny story. Last time (only time) I was in New Zealand was the KISS show at Westpac Stadium. Yes, I am one of the proud people who can say they saw Alice Cooper open for The Hottest Band In The World. What a great pairing. Let's hope that tour comes off someday.

Anyways I was doing my dry run that afternoon before the show. Whenever I travel to see a band I like to stay within a mile of the arena (it can't all be like KISS at the Kokusai Center, the Fukuoka Sun Palace was literally right next door) and make a practice run when I'm not all banged up like I'm about to get. It makes for much better execution. So a few blocks from my hotel a "boardwalk" for pedestrians to the stadium starts. It was pretty darn long too, maybe a mile, whatever. Scattered along the way was posters for a Split Enz show at Vector Arena. I hadn't thought of them for ages. I had seen Crowded House a few years back at The Beacon Theater but that was twenty years ago. I never knew Split Enz played arenas, nevertheless in 2008. I forgot it was home base. As I've always said..."You go where you're wanted." I don't remember if the show was coming up or had just passed. Either way I thought that would be a good one to catch if I ever had the opportunity.
cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 »

Great show! Spider didn't move but we got full pyro so it was much better than the shitty stripped back motley Crue show we got earlier this year.

Paul sounded good to me....better on some songs than others but he was in great form. Band sounded tight, set list was the same as the aussie shows.

This was my ninth kiss show and this would definitely be in my top 4-5. Had a absolute ball. Took my 11 year old and 6 year old and they both loved it.

We also got a tour of backstage and met a bunch of techs...the tour manager...saw a bunch of costumes and costumes pieces and everyone was super friendly. then we met Eric and Tommy who were both so nice. Tommy was a really really nice so FUCK all haters and then Gene came and said hello. He was really funny scaring my kids across the room and we got photos with him. He was awesome.
Sorry for the jumbled ramblings. It's late. I am tired. In summation: a great show. A great night. As always.

Anyway had a fucking AWESOME night. They are still the best and fuck any and all haters.
kissjrj

Post by kissjrj »

cart25 wrote:Great show! Spider didn't move but we got full pyro so it was much better than the shitty stripped back motley Crue show we got earlier this year.

Paul sounded good to me....better on some songs than others but he was in great form. Band sounded tight, set list was the same as the aussie shows.

This was my ninth kiss show and this would definitely be in my top 4-5. Had a absolute ball. Took my 11 year old and 6 year old and they both loved it.

We also got a tour of backstage and met a bunch of techs...the tour manager...saw a bunch of costumes and costumes pieces and everyone was super friendly. then we met Eric and Tommy who were both so nice. Tommy was a really really nice so FUCK all haters and then Gene came and said hello. He was really funny scaring my kids across the room and we got photos with him. He was awesome.
Sorry for the jumbled ramblings. It's late. I am tired. In summation: a great show. A great night. As always.

Anyway had a fucking AWESOME night. They are still the best and fuck any and all haters.
Sounds like a great time! Post some pics. 8)
Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Smekaren »

cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 »

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
edinneen
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by edinneen »

Last nights show was great....my two kids absolutely loved it and enjoyed every minute of it. I was very disappointed that the 'Spider' was not operating . I have yet to hear whether this was due to:

1. Mechanical/technical issue
2. Or a direct decision to not transport any part of the rig required to operate the spider AKA a cost cutting exercise

If it was the latter I will be very pissed as this was one of the primary reasons I was going to see this show. Apart from that it was a solid performance and a fairly predictable but enjoyable set list. The pyro was outstanding as too was the confetti during RNRAN/finale. Musically they were all very tight and provided a great 'punch' and unity in their playing. Tommy's solos lacked any real creative impact for me with several missteps in timing during his solo and song solos. Eric was outstanding and an MVP for Kiss. Gene too played well and had plenty of energy. Paul performed great as is usual for the 'Starchild'. If you can overlook the strained vocal issues - which the general fan and casual concert goer can - then you will have had a great time and enjoyed being entertained like no other band is capable of doing. My kids didn't even make a comment or remark about Paul's vocals. For me it buffered my enjoyment - I guess familiarity can breed contempt - having been a fan since 1975.
cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 »

edinneen wrote:Last nights show was great....my two kids absolutely loved it and enjoyed every minute of it. I was very disappointed that the 'Spider' was not operating . I have yet to hear whether this was due to:

2. Or a direct decision to not transport any part of the rig required to operate the spider AKA a cost cutting exercise

If it was the latter I will be very pissed as this was one of the primary reasons I was going to see this show. Apart from that it was a solid performance and a fairly predictable but enjoyable set list. The pyro was outstanding as too was the confetti during RNRAN/finale. Musically they were all very tight and provided a great 'punch' and unity in their playing. Tommy's solos lacked any real creative impact for me with several missteps in timing during his solo and song solos. Eric was outstanding and an MVP for Kiss. Gene too played well and had plenty of energy. Paul performed great as is usual for the 'Starchild'. If you can overlook the strained vocal issues - which the general fan and casual concert goer can - then you will have had a great time and enjoyed being entertained like no other band is capable of doing. My kids didn't even make a comment or remark about Paul's vocals. For me it buffered my enjoyment - I guess familiarity can breed contempt - having been a fan since 1975.
Paul sounded better than when I saw them in Sydney in 2013. He is the ultimate frontman though right? He really was on point last night. THe band are super tight. They sound awesome. This was my 9th Kiss show and I definitely rate it high in my list. Really enjoyed it. I believe it was the venue weight restrictions that meant the spider couldn't move but either way at least the rest of the show was full unlike the very crappy Mötley Crüe stage we got in May.

My kids and other friends who were there had no issue with Pauls voice and the only person who mentioned it to me was another die hard so you are right....the average concert goer doesn't care. I think you would be hard pressed to find many people there last night who left without a smile on their face. Hope they do come back down under again whether it's NZ or aussie. I really would like to get that 10th show. Maybe I gotta start saving and get on the next Kruise.....
cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 »

One of the highlights for me were some older women sitting behind us. They were enjoying the show but when they played Shandi they LOST their minds. Singing every word huge smiles on their faces...obviously the one they were waiting for.
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

cart25 wrote:
image.jpg
Awesome! Get that one enlarged and framed!
cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 »

Admin wrote:
cart25 wrote:
image.jpg
Awesome! Get that one enlarged and framed!
Definitely.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

edinneen wrote:Last nights show was great....my two kids absolutely loved it and enjoyed every minute of it. I was very disappointed that the 'Spider' was not operating . I have yet to hear whether this was due to:

There's a post on here saying the roof at Vector Arena wasn't strong enough to operate it, info came from someone on the crew.
https://www.facebook.com/KISS-2015-NZ-T ... 401105634/
edinneen
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by edinneen »

Den Dennis wrote:

There's a post on here saying the roof at Vector Arena wasn't strong enough to operate it
https://www.facebook.com/KISS-2015-NZ-T ... 401105634/
I've subsequently found this out...weight restrictions. A real shame. Something that would have been known well in advance.