KISS40 Downunder 2015 - Newcastle, Oct. 12

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

KISS40 Downunder 2015 - Newcastle, Oct. 12

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!
theincrediblehull
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Re: KISS40 Downunder 2015 - Newcastle, Oct. 12

Post by theincrediblehull »

Only bought my tickets yesterday. I was very indifferent about going to see them this time, same set list, Paul's vocals and very mixed reviews. I am not a fan of the TT and ES makeup situation, but Ace has taken the stage with ES in make up and Peter has done the same with TT. If it's not an issue for them, it's not an issue for me.

Show time is 4 hours from now so kicking back with a few brews before making my way into town. Very cool that KISS is coming to Newcastle!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Ace in Sydney a few months back and was blown away. Hope I can say the same about KISS tomorrow.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

theincrediblehull wrote:Only bought my tickets yesterday. I was very indifferent about going to see them this time, same set list, Paul's vocals and very mixed reviews. I am not a fan of the TT and ES makeup situation, but Ace has taken the stage with ES in make up and Peter has done the same with TT. If it's not an issue for them, it's not an issue for me.

Show time is 4 hours from now so kicking back with a few brews before making my way into town. Very cool that KISS is coming to Newcastle!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Ace in Sydney a few months back and was blown away. Hope I can say the same about KISS tomorrow.
I'd love to hear your review of the show.
caveyspice
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by caveyspice »

Same set list as previous shows.

The Spider was not used to lower the band during DRC. Gene/Paul still flew though.

Paul made reference to him playing in Newcastle previously (on his Live To Win tour in 2007).
Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Smekaren »

KISSKid4ever
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by KISSKid4ever »

Spider malfunctions again? That sucks because seeing the Spider in Melbourne was spectacular, the best part was the DRC entrance. I'd feel a little cheated if it was advertised as having the Spider and it wasn't even used.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KISSKid4ever wrote:Spider malfunctions again? That sucks because seeing the Spider in Melbourne was spectacular, the best part was the DRC entrance. I'd feel a little cheated if it was advertised as having the Spider and it wasn't even used.
Although it could very well be a malfunction it could just be the venue. Certain stages just don't have setups that can support the weight...then that's that. The Newcastle Entertainment Centré is kind of smallish. For the nine times I've seen Spidey I think he was fully operational only five of the nine. Then again I've seen him mostly in sheds. The three times indoors he was at full strength. When firing on all pistons it's quite breathtaking.
kissgod
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissgod »

nibbler1982 wrote:
KISSKid4ever wrote:Spider malfunctions again? That sucks because seeing the Spider in Melbourne was spectacular, the best part was the DRC entrance. I'd feel a little cheated if it was advertised as having the Spider and it wasn't even used.
Although it could very well be a malfunction it could just be the venue. Certain stages just don't have setups that can support the weight...then that's that. The Newcastle Entertainment Centré is kind of smallish. For the nine times I've seen Spidey I think he was fully operational only five of the nine. Then again I've seen him mostly in sheds. The three times indoors he was at full strength. When firing on all pistons it's quite breathtaking.
Yes I think the Newcastle venue would be the smallest of the venues they have played while here. It's not a MAJOR city and KISS have never played there before although Paul did on his Live to Win tour in 2007. The seating capacity for this venue is only 6500. About half of Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.
Planet Caravan

Post by Planet Caravan »

Smekaren wrote:Image
Looks like a great crowd.

More touring bands really should play Newcastle its a real rock n roll town.
theincrediblehull
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by theincrediblehull »

Planet Caravan wrote:
Smekaren wrote:Image
Looks like a great crowd.

More touring bands really should play Newcastle its a real rock n roll town.

At a guess, I would say 90% full. The standing area in front of the stage and the seats in the balcony seemed to be very close to full as was the Silver Seating area where I was. Behind that, between the mixing desk and Paul's Love Gun stage had a lot of open space.
daltonic1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by daltonic1 »

wow, 6500?
that's really small.
must have been a fun experience.
i saw them in 2013 in NH at a tiny shed and at the mohegan sun arena, both were pretty smallish.
spider only moved in CT.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

daltonic1 wrote:wow, 6500?
that's really small.
must have been a fun experience.
i saw them in 2013 in NH at a tiny shed and at the mohegan sun arena, both were pretty smallish.
spider only moved in CT.
I went to both those shows brother. I sandwiched Turning Stone in also on that leg. Even though Spidey didn't move at Meadowbrook I really liked that show. Almost if they were making up for the spider not moving. That stage in Guilford was really small. Believe it or not though the capacity was larger than that of Mohegan.

Great times.
KISSMAD
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by KISSMAD »

Anyone have audio of the meet and greet acoustic set of Newcastle?