KISS Europe 2015 - Zurich, June 10

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

KISS Europe 2015 - Zurich, June 10

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Zurich, Switzerland
Hallenstadion
June 10, 2015
Promoter: ABC Production
Reported audience: 7,793 / 13,000 (59.95%)
Reported gross: $782,030
Jimbo
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: KISS Europe 2015 - Zurich, June 10

Post by Jimbo »

I'm there - with my entire family. My sister is a huge KISS fan and she's flying in from Britain :)
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Jimbo wrote:I'm there - with my entire family. My sister is a huge KISS fan and she's flying in from Britain :)
Enjoy the experience! 8)
dukerocks
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by dukerocks »

Will somebody PLEASE stop Paul Stanley from singing ever,ever,ever,ever, again. This is beyond the point of embarrassing.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

dukerocks wrote:Will somebody PLEASE stop Paul Stanley from singing ever,ever,ever,ever, again. This is beyond the point of embarrassing.
Whilst the decline of Paul Stanley's voice is beyond reproach, they just finished a 10 date South American tour with an average gate of $1,000,000 dollars a night. The current European leg of the tour is playing to sold out crowds daily to similar numbers.

There's NOTHING embarrassing about earning a living and providing for your family.
Jimbo
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jimbo »

Some stupid "kolleg" keeps telling me that Tina Turner (who's been living here for 20 years) will be at the Hallenstadion :roll:
I wouldn't mind seeing her up on stage too :mrgreen:
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Jimbo wrote:Some stupid "kolleg" keeps telling me that Tina Turner (who's been living here for 20 years) will be at the Hallenstadion :roll:
I wouldn't mind seeing her up on stage too :mrgreen:
That would be interesting. I think I'll go and google "kolleg," now. :)
Jimbo
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jimbo »

sorry, a bit of zürituutsch :lol: ...I meant, "friend".
miouzic
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by miouzic »

KISS has always done well in Zürich/Switzerland these last years :
2008 : about 12'700 (sold out)
2010 : about 12'500 (near sold out) + 8'500 in Geneva (sold out)
2013 : about 10'500

BUT, this year,2015, the sales are poor. The third deck of the Hallenstadion hasn't been on sale. Still plenty of tickets available in the back and in the second tier as well as the floor. Right now I assume there are about 7'000-7'500 already sold. The last days, only very very few seated tickets have been sold.

BUT (again) this will be an awesome show !!!
GermanKissFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GermanKissFan »

dukerocks wrote:Will somebody PLEASE stop Paul Stanley from singing ever,ever,ever,ever, again. This is beyond the point of embarrassing.
Many enjoy current KISS. Including the band themselves. Why don't you just let these people have their fun?

YOU don't have to stay at the party, instead you can always move on if you don't like what you saee any more...
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

miouzic wrote:KISS has always done well in Zürich/Switzerland these last years :
2008 : about 12'700 (sold out)
2010 : about 12'500 (near sold out) + 8'500 in Geneva (sold out)
2013 : about 10'500

BUT, this year,2015, the sales are poor. The third deck of the Hallenstadion hasn't been on sale. Still plenty of tickets available in the back and in the second tier as well as the floor. Right now I assume there are about 7'000-7'500 already sold. The last days, only very very few seated tickets have been sold.

BUT (again) this will be an awesome show !!!
I think those figures from 2008 and 2010 are suspect. It's not my neck of the woods so I can't speak first hand but the largest boxscore I can find for that place is 13,000. Being that it holds 11,000 for hockey the 13,000 must mean seats behind the stage were sold to reach such a high number. The 10,500 sounds about right for a sellout. I can't imagine them selling seats behind the stage for a KISS show.

As for the top tier not being sold, where did you get that info? I'm not challenging the validity of it, it's just that the interactive maps say that they're available. I know that venue is your region so maybe you can shed some light on it for me. I hope you have a great time at the show my brother.

KISS Army forever!!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Nib , think this venue can pack in 12,700 with festival seating(standing) on the floor . Saw where Sabbath had about 12,700 yet Paul Simon/Sting had a little less than 10,000 . But yes you're right the upper ring has "appeared" to be on sale the whole time. Once they play the show we'll know. Hopefully more boxscores will be released.Nothing beat eyewitness accounts along with boxscores.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

kissthat wrote:Nib , think this venue can pack in 12,700 with festival seating(standing) on the floor . Saw where Sabbath had about 12,700 yet Paul Simon/Sting had a little less than 10,000 . But yes you're right the upper ring has "appeared" to be on sale the whole time. Once they play the show we'll know. Hopefully more boxscores will be released.Nothing beat eyewitness accounts along with boxscores.
I'm not sure either way brother. Looking at boxscores I see Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Alicia Keys, and Pink all have the exact same number of 13,000 in their sellouts. I can't imagine that those were all end stage with festival seating on the floor, and they didn't take advantage of any of the 3,000ish seats still left open behind the stage. That fact that I don't see even on box with a figure higher than 13,000 makes me think that's maximum density, every seat in the house, including behind the stage.
miouzic
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by miouzic »

The Hallenstadion has a total capacity of about 13'000 for a end-stage configuration most of the artists play.
Standing (no seats on the floor). Only the two first rows of the third deck are on sale (a few month ago the whole third deck was on sale and suddenly the next day about 2'500 seats up there disappeared overnight).
I was in the audience at each of these shows and I can confirm these numbers are accurate. These are also the numbers the local medias were reporting. For 2015, we'll see tomorrow
Jimbo
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jimbo »

Market saturation, perhaps ?? Even Madonna is struggling to move tickets for her Hallenstadion gig in December.
I know some fans from Northern Italy/Italian Switzerland are skipping ZH and going to the Arena Di Verona instead.
miouzic
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by miouzic »

Yeah maybe. AC/DC played 2 nights in Zürich these last days before a total sold out crowd of about 100'000 people with a price higher than KISS.

Since it's the same promoter (ABC Prod) for both bands, I was surprised not to see any KISS concert ad (posters, flyers and so on) around the venue (Letzigrund Stadium). It could have been a last chance to sell a couple of hundreds KISS tickets more.

Anyway, this tour seems great and I can't wait for the show !
Jimbo
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jimbo »

Well, I haven't seen many posters around - maybe some near Bahnhof Altstetten. The SBB counter at my local station always has leaflets for upcoming shows, and there's nothing about the KISS concert.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Gene Simmons ‏@genesimmons 3h3 hours ago
Zurich, here we come!!!

kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

sakke72
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by sakke72 »

Gene had little accident there with fire , it was not the first time..
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

They look and sound excellent!
Reverend Colonel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Reverend Colonel »

kissjrj wrote:
My first two thoughts when I glanced quickly at this:

Wow, they're really cheaping out on the meet and greets.

Holy shit when did Eric Singer get hot!?!
Susej
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Susej »

For the guys guessing how big the crowds are. Seemed to be half full, not all tickets were on sale. By far... I loved my 14th (?) KISS-Show... 3rd on this tour. But it could be the worst attended KISS gig in Zurich since 1997. Official reports in the media: 7000. Sad but true. Show was cool nonetheless. And to confirm all of that, Paul last night: "You're not biggest crowd we've played for."... Funny moment related to this: Paul does his usual "Take a look at yourselves, you're beautiful". And what is shown on the screen? The drum kit. :D
miouzic
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by miouzic »

After 42 years, they still put on a great bombastic show ! The hall was not full at all but it wasn't that shocking ! Maybe 7'000 - 8'000 fans. KISS played 5 concerts in our litlle Switzerland these 7 past years. Market a bit saturated ?
Anyway a great night.
Calling Dr Love as well as Cold Gin were in the set list, but Parasite was dropped.
Susej
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Susej »

Tages Anzeiger reports 7000, here's the link: http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/kultur/fern ... y/26233756

Cool show. To quote Paul, not the biggest crowd ;)
Jimbo
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jimbo »

Good show. I liked it much better than 2013. Half full, but we expected that (maybe they were at home watching the Nati ?!). Paul's voice wasn't as bad as I thought, and I didn't catch up Gene's fire mishap. Setlist same as other EU shows (did they play Cold Gin in D/A ??)
I wish I could go to the Arena tonight, that's gonna be a much bigger affair.
Susej
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Susej »

Jimbo wrote: (maybe they were at home watching the Nati ?!). Paul's voice wasn't as bad as I thought, and I didn't catch up Gene's fire mishap. Setlist same as other EU shows (did they play Cold Gin in D/A ??)
Could be the nati... But I also think that a lot of those 96000 (!!!) casual rock fans that attended the AC/DC gigs last weekend simply don't go to a KISS show days after they went to THE concert event of the year...

Concerning the setlist: In Berlin & Leipzig I've seen them play Parasite instead of Cold Gin. But I'm glad they changed it, since I am not that fond of this line up trying to play Parasite.
Jimbo
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jimbo »

Could be...the AC/DC concert got a lot of press coverage, it was on every major paper, TA, NZZ, 20min, Blick....the Tagi even interviewed Switzerland's (self-proclaimed) biggest fan. I know KISS don't have the drawing power to do the Letzigrund, but at least we could have something more that two pathetic lines like "what a nice circus" :?