KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

User avatar
fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8730
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Hull Hell Halifax

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by fissaman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:56 am

newyorkgroove wrote:
Luke78 wrote:
newyorkgroove wrote:
Where's Drago? wrote:Image https://twitter.com/KISSFCJapan
KISS is DOOMED !
I expected the Dome to sell out. That's a lot of empty seats.
Yes, that what I said, DOOMED!
Actually, that'll be 'Domed'! :wink:

User avatar
stlkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:34 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by stlkiss » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:00 am

Lets try to focus on the empty seats, and not the 40,000 that were filled.

User avatar
alivecatman
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm
Location: 10 E 23rd ST

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by alivecatman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:01 am

stlkiss wrote:Lets try to focus on the empty seats, and not the 40,000 that were filled.
Good point.

User avatar
Where's Drago?
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5243
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Wales

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Where's Drago? » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:11 am

I'm hearing 35,000+ Still a massive turnout. Put it this way, KISS would have had to have played Osaka for a week straight to get that figure.

User avatar
alivecatman
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm
Location: 10 E 23rd ST

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by alivecatman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:17 am

Great turnout.

User avatar
newyorkgroove
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by newyorkgroove » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 am

alivecatman wrote:
newyorkgroove wrote:
Luke78 wrote:
newyorkgroove wrote:
Where's Drago? wrote:Image https://twitter.com/KISSFCJapan
KISS is DOOMED !
I expected the Dome to sell out. That's a lot of empty seats.
Yes, that what I said, DOOMED!
Estimated 40,000 in attendance whereas the Dome is said to have held around 55-60000 for a concert. Not bad if you ask me. How many have you chaps played for?
Just kidding buddy. It's irony. For me it's great to see KISS playing to 30.000+ :) . Btw, my band had a 150+ :p

User avatar
Admin
Why?
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:30 am

Know this... There is a kiss somewhere trying to count those empty seats...

User avatar
fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8730
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Hull Hell Halifax

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by fissaman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:35 am

Admin wrote:Know this... There is a kiss somewhere trying to count those empty seats...
Sphinx and Nibbler have already done it.

User avatar
alivecatman
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm
Location: 10 E 23rd ST

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by alivecatman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:36 am

newyorkgroove wrote:
alivecatman wrote:
newyorkgroove wrote:
Luke78 wrote:
newyorkgroove wrote:
Where's Drago? wrote:Image https://twitter.com/KISSFCJapan
KISS is DOOMED !
I expected the Dome to sell out. That's a lot of empty seats.
Yes, that what I said, DOOMED!
Estimated 40,000 in attendance whereas the Dome is said to have held around 55-60000 for a concert. Not bad if you ask me. How many have you chaps played for?
Just kidding buddy. It's irony. For me it's great to see KISS playing to 30.000+ :) . Btw, my band had a 150+ :p
Sometimes my sarcasm doesn't come through in my posts. All good. We would all be lucky to play to 20,000. But cue the haters in 5,4,3..... LOL

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11671
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by nibbler1982 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:43 am

fissaman wrote:
Admin wrote:Know this... There is a kiss somewhere trying to count those empty seats...
Sphinx and Nibbler have already done it.
Watch yourself buddy!

I resemble that remark!!!

User avatar
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12574
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by KISSTRONAUT » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:56 am

Admin wrote:
alivecatman wrote:Estimated 40,000 in attendance whereas the Dome is said to have held around 55-60000 for a concert. Not bad if you ask me. How many have you chaps played for?
65. Karaoke night. 14 by the time I was done with my Sid Vicious take on several classics ;)
I would love to see a clip of that. Perhaps a post your Karaoke performances thread. :)

Also thanks for the pics and updates. Drago = 8)

User avatar
Red Walrus
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4291
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:23 am
Location: Look!! It's Rock 'n' Roll!!!

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Red Walrus » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:20 am


Doobiewah
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3571
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Gene's wallet

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Doobiewah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 am

What the hell is he saying during the pre-Black Diamond rant around the 41 sec mark? I thought he was choking on some sushi or something.

User avatar
shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5324
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:25 am
Location: Outside Jennifer Love Hewitt's house

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by shupey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 am

Can't believe 35,000-40,000 people got sucked in to seeing a tribute act. The world is doomed. :roll:

User avatar
Ikons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6820
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Ikons » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 am

Doobiewah wrote:
What the hell is he saying during the pre-Black Diamond rant around the 41 sec mark? I thought he was choking on some sushi or something.
Some Japanese thingy.

User avatar
kissjrj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 am
Location: Shout Mercy!!!

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by kissjrj » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:45 am

shupey wrote:Can't believe 35,000-40,000 people got sucked in to seeing a tribute act. The world is doomed. :roll:
Don't you know? The only reason they got that many to show up was due to Momoiro Clover Z--which translates into Def Leppard in Japanese. :lol: KISS alone wouldn't have done 40% of that. (somewhere Nibbler is smiling). :P

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11671
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by nibbler1982 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:48 am

kissjrj wrote:
shupey wrote:Can't believe 35,000-40,000 people got sucked in to seeing a tribute act. The world is doomed. :roll:
Don't you know? The only reason they got that many to show up was due to Momoiro Clover Z--which translates into Def Leppard in Japanese. :lol: KISS alone wouldn't have done 40% of that. (somewhere Nibbler is smiling). :P
I was thinking 'bout throwing in a "40%" in one of his posts yesterday but that cat's got no sense of humor. :D

User avatar
That 70s Guy
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6935
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by That 70s Guy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:12 am

I wish I was this doomed.

Image

User avatar
That 70s Guy
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6935
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by That 70s Guy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:16 am

Was this televised in Japan?

classroom
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by classroom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:17 am

fissaman wrote:
Where's Drago? wrote:Image https://twitter.com/aceshockme

Image
Doppelganger!!
That is without a doubt the greatest thing I have seen on this board. The beer is a nice touch.

Before KISS leaves Japan, they should have him under contract and on stage next month.

User avatar
Ikons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6820
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Ikons » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:22 am

Jesus, that dude really does look like reunion-Ace.

Doobiewah
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3571
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Gene's wallet

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Doobiewah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 am

classroom wrote:
fissaman wrote:
Where's Drago? wrote:Image https://twitter.com/aceshockme

Image
Doppelganger!!
That is without a doubt the greatest thing I have seen on this board. The beer is a nice touch.

Before KISS leaves Japan, they should have him under contract and on stage next month.
This proves Ace Frehley was frozen when he left KISS.
The guy who did Space Invader and Anomaly has a bigger nose. CONSPIRACY THEORY.

22nijuni
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by 22nijuni » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 am

Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina, Tokyo Dome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr9G4W-ukKk

User avatar
RockSteady
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:04 am

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by RockSteady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:47 am

Doomed!

Image
Van Halen at Tokyo Dome

And now let's hear from the fans that wish the singer's vocals in Japan were fixed!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/van-ha ... streaming/

User avatar
SureKnowSomething
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4200
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by SureKnowSomething » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 am

Ikons wrote:Jesus, that dude really does look like reunion-Ace.
Image

User avatar
balish
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6847
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: JAPAN

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by balish » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:11 am

SureKnowSomething wrote:
Ikons wrote:Jesus, that dude really does look like reunion-Ace.
Image
Farewell Ace.

User avatar
kissjrj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 am
Location: Shout Mercy!!!

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by kissjrj » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:24 am

22nijuni wrote:Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina, Tokyo Dome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr9G4W-ukKk
What the hell are those dudes on the side of the stage banging on?!?!



Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr9G4W-ukKk

User avatar
AnthonyTyler
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1251
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by AnthonyTyler » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:46 am

kissjrj wrote:
22nijuni wrote:Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina, Tokyo Dome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr9G4W-ukKk
What the hell are those dudes on the side of the stage banging on?!?!



Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr9G4W-ukKk
Those would be TAIKO drums...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiko

And if anyone thinks that performance was live...uh...think again.

User avatar
nfarend
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:45 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by nfarend » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:53 pm

shupey wrote:Can't believe 35,000-40,000 people got sucked in to seeing a tribute act. The world is doomed. :roll:
Forgot about Tiger Stadium among other shows!?

User avatar
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6273
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:47 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by warmachine731 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Doobiewah wrote:
classroom wrote:
fissaman wrote:
Where's Drago? wrote:Image https://twitter.com/aceshockme

Image
Doppelganger!!
That is without a doubt the greatest thing I have seen on this board. The beer is a nice touch.

Before KISS leaves Japan, they should have him under contract and on stage next month.
This proves Ace Frehley was frozen when he left KISS.
The guy who did Space Invader and Anomaly has a bigger nose. CONSPIRACY THEORY.
Looks like Ace from the PC sessions through the Farewell.

User avatar
Serged
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:00 am
Location: Naked City

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Serged » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Do you guys think this must be oficially released as BD? KISS The 2015 Japan Experience

I would like it!

User avatar
Forevertj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13696
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Powerhouse Gym

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Forevertj » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:53 am

shupey wrote:Can't believe 35,000-40,000 people got sucked in to seeing a tribute act. The world is doomed. :roll:



Sigh.

User avatar
Admin
Why?
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: KISS Japan 2015 - Tokyo, Mar. 3

Post by Admin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:45 am

nfarend wrote:
shupey wrote:Can't believe 35,000-40,000 people got sucked in to seeing a tribute act. The world is doomed. :roll:
Forgot about Tiger Stadium among other shows!?

Post Reply