Nov. 17 - Durham, NC (SpACE Invader)

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Nov. 17 - Durham, NC (SpACE Invader)

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Go Ace!
lostinlimbo
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Re: Nov. 17 - Durham, NC (SpACE Invader)

Post by lostinlimbo »

I haven't seen Ace since the "Just for Fun" tour. I really excited about the set list and absolutely love spACE Invader. 2 days off from work to spend some time the the Spaceman!
BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

If I weren't in Vegas, this is the show I would be attending. The Carolina Theatre is a great venue. I saw Lindsey Buckingham there a couple of years ago. I look forward to the reports!
Dynasty79
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Dynasty79 »

Just met the one and only spaceman! My knees are still shakin'!
He was I'm a good mood. He was surprised at how many people showed up for the meet and greet. I told him it was because he was still the man after all these years! :D
RockSoldier52
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by RockSoldier52 »

Dynasty79 wrote:Just met the one and only spaceman! My knees are still shakin'!
He was I'm a good mood. He was surprised at how many people showed up for the meet and greet. I told him it was because he was still the man after all these years! :D
Awesome!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Dynasty79 wrote:Just met the one and only spaceman! My knees are still shakin'!
FUKK YEAH !!
Last edited by MONSTER Magnet on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onetime17
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by onetime17 »

awesome! was he signing whatever people brought with them? Or were they very strict about one item? Thanks for sharing....
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Damn 20 yrs these guys been jammin together.
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Vandelay Industries »

my friend went tonight.....wanted to go with him, but couldn't get off work. who knows if the youtube vids will say otherwise, but he said ace was in great form & exceeded his expectations. told me that an atlanta stop is likely after they take a short break, so i'll try making that one....
Dynasty79
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Dynasty79 »

onetime17 wrote:awesome! was he signing whatever people brought with them? Or were they very strict about one item? Thanks for sharing....
My buddy got his book and an anniversary card for his wife both signed, on top of all the other swag they give you. If it is a small item(s), you can probably get by with two personal items.

I would definitely do the VIP again! John, Ace's tour manager, worked his butt off handing out all the items to everyone and getting everyone through. He was very professional and very cool! I would say about 50 people did the meet and greet. Yeah, you were a little rushed to get in and move on, but I expected that. When it was my turn to walk into the dressing room, I felt like I was dreaming. I told Ace how I had been a fan since I was six years old and that we were all proud of him for putting out a great new album. He said he couldn't wait to hit the stage and was surprised how many people were doing the VIP. I got three pics with him and shook his hand. Got my 1978 solo album signed and will frame it tomorrow!

Oh by the way, the show was great too! I had fourth row seats, and caught a towel at the end of the night! I thought his band brought a ton of energy! Ritchie was a little over the top almost at times, but was definitely entertaining to watch. He was solid musically as he and Ace cut heads a few times on a couple of songs. Strange Ways sounded awesome and heavy with the bass player singing it. I never cared much for that song but these guys gave it life! As far as the setlist, it was the same as what has already been posted here, but they did do Change. Sounded pretty good. Overall it was a magical night that I will never forget and have some awesome pics and videos to remember it by!
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Sounds like Ace delivered in spades!

Very cool,
acesmiddlefinger

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Dynasty79 wrote:
onetime17 wrote:awesome! was he signing whatever people brought with them? Or were they very strict about one item? Thanks for sharing....
My buddy got his book and an anniversary card for his wife both signed, on top of all the other swag they give you. If it is a small item(s), you can probably get by with two personal items.

I would definitely do the VIP again! John, Ace's tour manager, worked his butt off handing out all the items to everyone and getting everyone through. He was very professional and very cool! I would say about 50 people did the meet and greet. Yeah, you were a little rushed to get in and move on, but I expected that. When it was my turn to walk into the dressing room, I felt like I was dreaming. I told Ace how I had been a fan since I was six years old and that we were all proud of him for putting out a great new album. He said he couldn't wait to hit the stage and was surprised how many people were doing the VIP. I got three pics with him and shook his hand. Got my 1978 solo album signed and will frame it tomorrow!

Oh by the way, the show was great too! I had fourth row seats, and caught a towel at the end of the night! I thought his band brought a ton of energy! Ritchie was a little over the top almost at times, but was definitely entertaining to watch. He was solid musically as he and Ace cut heads a few times on a couple of songs. Strange Ways sounded awesome and heavy with the bass player singing it. I never cared much for that song but these guys gave it life! As far as the setlist, it was the same as what has already been posted here, but they did do Change. Sounded pretty good. Overall it was a magical night that I will never forget and have some awesome pics and videos to remember it by!
Thanks for the review 79,sounds like you had a great experience.
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

Glad to hear CHANGE has returned.
Heelz2315
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Heelz2315 »

Did the M/G as well. Cannot say enough good things about how it was run. We were lined up and were taken back right on time, and it went pretty smooth. I knew there were a lot of folks waiting to get things signed, and I was near the front, so I told Ace he didn't have to sign everything b/c there were a lot of people waiting and I was cool with just my album.

He said in typical Ace "Aahh....c'ome on..whaadya gonna do" with a chuckle. No sooner than he said that he had signed everything. I was surprised how quick he can sign his name. We then took a few pix, I got a hand shake and a pat on the back by Ace and I told him to have a great show, he said he was looking forward to it and thanked me for coming out:

Like others have said he wasn't very talkative, but he was very nice and cordial. I cannot say enough positive things on how it was handled. Total 180 from the other night's disaster. Grabbed a pix with his tour mgr John, took my seat and enjoyed the show: Which was AWESOME!
shupey

Post by shupey »

Glad to hear the VIP expierience was good. Maybe the other night was just an Anomaly. (sorry....that was bad)
ultimix
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ultimix »

I too did the VIP Experience. It was WAY more organized then I thought it would be, so it must be getter better. I give is a B+. The staff of the venue were super nice and allowed us to take our items back to our car.

The sound I give an A! It sounded really good and I was in the back under the balcony. Why I was there? I wanted to sit with my friend. The band is really really tight and sounded great. The drummer who sings some of the Classic KISS tunes was on fire! He sounded AWESOME! I really enjoyed hearing him actually SING the songs. Ace commented on how he was singing his ass off, "Just like PAUL used to" . Very very funny and sad, but true!

Mark
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Lost In Limbo :

Parasite :

Snowblind :

Gimme A Feelin' :
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Space Invader :
necronomicon

Post by necronomicon »

How was attendance? Any guesses?
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

RisingForce wrote:
Thank you so much for all the uploads! Great stuff! :D
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Change :
lostinlimbo
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by lostinlimbo »

All reviews of this show have been positive and I concur.
I did not do the VIP but had a great time nonetheless.

I'll add in a few negatives, just to balance out the reviews. ( I had an awesome time a the show!)

- the lights went down at 9:30 and Fractured mirror played through the PA. When it was done...nothing. I took another 3-4 minutes for someone to come on stage and announce Ace.

- Ritchie Scarlett's vocals were over the top. He seemed excited about lead vocals but it didn't flow with the laid back style of the show.

- It was LOUD! If you go, hearing protection is a must. I read soemwhere earlier that Ace's
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Rock Soldiers :
ultimix
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ultimix »

lostinlimbo wrote:All reviews of this show have been positive and I concur.
I did not do the VIP but had a great time nonetheless.

I'll add in a few negatives, just to balance out the reviews. ( I had an awesome time a the show!)

- the lights went down at 9:30 and Fractured mirror played through the PA. When it was done...nothing. I took another 3-4 minutes for someone to come on stage and announce Ace.

- Ritchie Scarlett's vocals were over the top. He seemed excited about lead vocals but it didn't flow with the laid back style of the show.

- It was LOUD! If you go, hearing protection is a must. I read soemwhere earlier that Ace's

I agree - the Ritchie Vocals were over the top and didn't flow… Great comment you are 100% right!!!

I brought ear plugs and it sound great with them on. :)

Mark
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Rocket Ride :

Shot Full Of Rock :

Deuce :
HankHabanero
Banned

Post by HankHabanero »

If you want the complete Hank-a-Round® experience, play that Deuce clip and listen to it while watching these.

Trance
Banned

Post by Trance »

Ace looks bored as hell and pissed off.

Ritchie needs a pill.
lostinlimbo
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by lostinlimbo »

Ace was far from bored as Hell. He was focused and saving himself for a long night and long tour. 23 songs. I'm a musician and that takes a tremendous toll night after night. Just ask Paul's voice.
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

HankHabanero wrote:If you want the complete Hank-a-Round® experience, play that Deuce clip and listen to it while watching these.

Yeah....that Deuce clip is just....whew. In terms of embarrassing, that ranks right up there with some of the cringers resulting from Paul's vocal issues.