Nov. 26 - Glenside, PA (SpACE Invader)

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Nov. 26 - Glenside, PA (SpACE Invader)

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Go Ace!
sunday driver
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Nov. 26 - Glenside, PA (SpACE Invader)

Post by sunday driver »

Ok, I know it's a week away, but is anyone else going to this one? It's a great old theater. I'll be third row with at least one other member of the FAQ. Still holding out hope for Dark Light.
mjk2112
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by mjk2112 »

sunday driver wrote:Ok, I know it's a week away, but is anyone else going to this one? It's a great old theater. I'll be third row with at least one other member of the FAQ. Still holding out hope for Dark Light.
i will be there..! i was at the first gig and looking forward to another meet and greet!!
DigiFizz
Banned

Post by DigiFizz »

I love the Song Space Invader, better than any Kiss stuff recently..Great Song!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

This one appears to be one of the less attended shows. It's not a straight out interactive map but with a little time and effort spent it shows you a pretty clear picture. I'm guessing around 350 at the moment.
db99
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by db99 »

The weather is bad here today, so with snow falling now, so I doubt there will be much of a walk up crowd.
sunday driver
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sunday driver »

We're still planning on going despite the weather. We're an hour north of the theater and the weather is horrible.
We'll be in row three tonight if anyone wants to meet up.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Reminds me of Nassau Coliseums, 1992, Revenge Tour. It was a friggin' tropical storm that evening. It really was a bitch, didn't stop me and the crew though. :D

Don't let the weather stop you, make sure the KISS Army represents the one and only Ace this evening!
scotty971
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty971 »

I am here with Sunday Driver. If anybody wants to meet up, we will be in the third row.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Rip It Out :

Gimme A Feelin'

Space Invader / King Of The Night Time World / Strutter :

Parasite :

Solo :
Mahatma
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Mahatma »

I'm so glad Ace's playing has improved so much! The band is tight and willing, great to see... :ace: :ace: :ace: :ace:

These videos are amazing, thanks. :D
sunday driver
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sunday driver »

It was a great show. It's always nice to see Ace live. The set list was pretty much the same as the other nights, although he did run up against curfew. The cut DRC and Cold Gin from the encores and only played Deuce.

I didn't do the meet & greet, but from what I could see it went ok. It didn't seem to hold up the show, and the people that did the meet & greet appeared to have tickets for the first three rows of the theater. The best seats in the house were reserved for them.

Ace and the band sounded good while we were there. I haven't reviewed any of the videos yet to see if it sounds any different. Ace forgot one line to Rock Soldiers, but beyond that there were no Spinal Tap moments. The backing band sounded great. Richie Scarlet was all over the place, but for some reason he doesn't bother me. He's actually kind of entertaining to watch.

If you are expecting a big, perfectly choreographed show that goes off without any problems, then the show isn't for you. If you are expecting to see Ace having a good time playing songs he wrote and contributed to in a small intimate setting, then you won't be disappointed.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the attendance. This one appeared to be selling slowly from the start and that really didn't improve by show time. The theater was probably 40% capacity. The weather certainly killed any chance at a walk up, but I doubt there would have been much of one, anyway. The closest Ace has played to Philadelphia has been Atlantic City, a few places in New Jersey, and a New Year's Eve show in Allentown a few years back, so it shouldn't have been an issue with oversaturation. The venue isn't a typical Ace venue and it's kind of out of the way for a lot of people, but other shows that come through The Keswick do really well. The place holds 1,300 people, so even at 40% capacity, that's still 500 people, which isn't too far out of line with some of the other shows.
sunday driver
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sunday driver »

Pictures from the show:

db99
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by db99 »

I was there last night and enjoyed the show. I'd say 500 looked to be the attendance as well.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

mjk2112
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by mjk2112 »

RisingForce wrote:

my second show of the tour and they killed it..! glad to see my videos are popping up here..! Ace is back and better than ever..!