Dec. 6 - Ramona, CA (SpACE Invader)

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Dec. 6 - Ramona, CA (SpACE Invader)

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Go Ace!
Jendell7
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Re: Dec. 6 - Ramona, CA (SpACE Invader)

Post by Jendell7 »

I'll be there. M&G as well. Can't wait
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

RF was right. :lol:
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

kissthat wrote:RF was right. :lol:
Nope. Not yet. This one is actually different.
fadingrockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fadingrockstar »

I just purchased my tickets online this morning. I would have liked to go to the show in Anaheim as it is closer to me but with that show being on a Sunday I just couldn't do it. This show in Ramona is a bit of a drive but that's cool as I really want to see Ace as it's been quite a while since the last time.
ted23
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by ted23 »

I'll be there!
fadingrockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fadingrockstar »

Here now almost time
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

fadingrockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fadingrockstar »

Thanks Rising Force for posting my video as I was having a problem getting it to post correctly. Here's my other video New York Groove.

RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

fadingrockstar wrote:Thanks Rising Force for posting my video as I was having a problem getting it to post correctly. Here's my other video New York Groove.

No problem. Thanks for shooting it.

Here you go.

fadingrockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fadingrockstar »

I thought I would share my thoughts on Ace's show last night. I decided to go kind of last minute as I wanted to go to the House of Blues show in Anaheim but there was just no way I could go on a Sunday night as I have to get up at 3:15 am to go to work and given Ace's history of running late I didn't want to chance it. I decided to see exactly where Ramona is, it's about an hour and 45 minutes from my home so I decided to go. I took my wife with me, by the way it was our 28th wedding anniversary, she really must love me to agree to go!

The show was supposed to start at 7:00 and we arrived around 7:15. There was a long line as they had not let anyone in yet. I was happy to see the turn out as there sure didn't appear that this show had a big online buzz. The Ramona Mainstage is pretty small but laid out well, the line went fairly quickly. I had ordered my tickets through their web site so I just showed him the credit card and we got our "tickets", which was just a green paper wristband. So much for a real "keepsake" ticket.

Next stop grab a beer then over to the merchandise table. They had a number of shirts but it was kind of sad as it looked like a clearance sale as they had a No Regrets shirt and a Rocket Ride 2008 tour shirt. I bought the new Space Invader shirt as that shirt had all of the cities listed on the back. One more item of note you could purchase a meet and greet for $275 but I didn't have that kind of money and I could never spend that much money for just a few minutes of Ace's time.

There were two opening bands, both of which only played instrumentals which I thought was a bit odd. The only band for me that could get away with that is Yngwie and he even knows you have to have a few tunes with someone singing.

It seemed like forever before Ace took the stage, part of that is that they were doing the meet and greets right after the second band finished. That was my only real complaint, I get it they forked out the big bucks to meet Ace but it was at the expense of the rest of us "regular" folks.

When the band finally hit the stage it was awesome. Ace looked great and he was playing great. I really tried to "listen" to all of his classic leads and I thought he nailed all of them. He was really having a great time with the rest of the band. Ace did take a little jab at Gene and Paul but it was more in fun than anything else. I thought the set list was good while some have complained that Ace played too many Kiss songs I liked it and so did the crowd, Scott did a great job singing the Paul songs. I thought Richie was a bit rough, he reminded me of a today's Keith Richards. I don't want to take anything away from him but I couldn't help imagine how the band would have sounded with Tod and John in it.

The set ended around 12:30 am, which surprised me as usually shows don't run past midnight. I doubt it if the show in Anaheim runs that late. Overall I had a really good time and my wife even enjoyed it. She was having a great time screwing with me and chanting we want "Tommy"! She really knows how to push my buttons!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

fadingrockstar wrote:I thought I would share my thoughts on Ace's show last night. I decided to go kind of last minute as I wanted to go to the House of Blues show in Anaheim but there was just no way I could go on a Sunday night as I have to get up at 3:15 am to go to work and given Ace's history of running late I didn't want to chance it. I decided to see exactly where Ramona is, it's about an hour and 45 minutes from my home so I decided to go. I took my wife with me, by the way it was our 28th wedding anniversary, she really must love me to agree to go!

The show was supposed to start at 7:00 and we arrived around 7:15. There was a long line as they had not let anyone in yet. I was happy to see the turn out as there sure didn't appear that this show had a big online buzz. The Ramona Mainstage is pretty small but laid out well, the line went fairly quickly. I had ordered my tickets through their web site so I just showed him the credit card and we got our "tickets", which was just a green paper wristband. So much for a real "keepsake" ticket.

Next stop grab a beer then over to the merchandise table. They had a number of shirts but it was kind of sad as it looked like a clearance sale as they had a No Regrets shirt and a Rocket Ride 2008 tour shirt. I bought the new Space Invader shirt as that shirt had all of the cities listed on the back. One more item of note you could purchase a meet and greet for $275 but I didn't have that kind of money and I could never spend that much money for just a few minutes of Ace's time.

There were two opening bands, both of which only played instrumentals which I thought was a bit odd. The only band for me that could get away with that is Yngwie and he even knows you have to have a few tunes with someone singing.

It seemed like forever before Ace took the stage, part of that is that they were doing the meet and greets right after the second band finished. That was my only real complaint, I get it they forked out the big bucks to meet Ace but it was at the expense of the rest of us "regular" folks.

When the band finally hit the stage it was awesome. Ace looked great and he was playing great. I really tried to "listen" to all of his classic leads and I thought he nailed all of them. He was really having a great time with the rest of the band. Ace did take a little jab at Gene and Paul but it was more in fun than anything else. I thought the set list was good while some have complained that Ace played too many Kiss songs I liked it and so did the crowd, Scott did a great job singing the Paul songs. I thought Richie was a bit rough, he reminded me of a today's Keith Richards. I don't want to take anything away from him but I couldn't help imagine how the band would have sounded with Tod and John in it.

The set ended around 12:30 am, which surprised me as usually shows don't run past midnight. I doubt it if the show in Anaheim runs that late. Overall I had a really good time and my wife even enjoyed it. She was having a great time screwing with me and chanting we want "Tommy"! She really knows how to push my buttons!
Sounds like you ad a great time. I sure did the two time I went. It's so great to see Ace out there playing music again.

Any estimate on how full the place was? Sold out, packed, sparse?
fadingrockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fadingrockstar »

The show was not sold out, but it was pretty full. It wasn't unbearable I was about four bodies back from the rail fence that separates the general admission people from the VIPs. The VIP area was about four deep as well. I would imagine tonight's show in Anaheim will be packed. This place was clearly off of the radar.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

fadingrockstar wrote:The show was not sold out, but it was pretty full. It wasn't unbearable I was about four bodies back from the rail fence that separates the general admission people from the VIPs. The VIP area was about four deep as well. I would imagine tonight's show in Anaheim will be packed. This place was clearly off of the radar.
Thanks, your input is greatly appreciated.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

ted23
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by ted23 »

It was a great show! Had a blast.

Like Risingforce said, it was full, but probably not sold out. Small theater though. Pretty intimate, which I liked. I estimated about 300 people there.

Ritchie wasn't "fucked up" or anything. I can see how maybe could think he was on other shows, and maybe he looked wasted because of the eyeliner and his posturing, but he and especially others in the backing band, were putting their all into it.

It was a fun show and very much worth my $$$.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »