7/8/14 - Los Angeles, CA

nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Re: 7/8/14 - Los Angeles, CA

Post by nibbler1982 »

RockBrigade wrote:Nibbler i bet you watched a lot of WWF Wrestling as a kid didn't you?

just wondering

;)
Superstar Billy Graham was always my favorite.

"I am the women's pet, the man's regret, what you see is what you get...and what you don't is better yet!"

"The reflection of perfection, the number one selection!"

"I eat T-bone steaks, lift barbell plates, and sweeter than a German chocolate cake!"
Attachments
image.jpg
Deleted User 6907

Post by Deleted User 6907 »

lol i thought it was the hulkster you say BROTHER a lot ... :)

nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

RockBrigade wrote:lol i thought it was the hulkster you say BROTHER a lot ... :)

Considering how Hulk stole his whole gimmick off The Superstar I can see how that would come through.
Deleted User 6907

back to the L.A. show

we're live blogging @ http://www.RockBrigadeForum.com we have multiple Bloggers at the show. Lots of photos... crowd piling in.

have a great show everyone
kissalive90
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissalive90 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
RockBrigade wrote:Nibbler i bet you watched a lot of WWF Wrestling as a kid didn't you?

just wondering

;)
Superstar Billy Graham was always my favorite.

"I am the women's pet, the man's regret, what you see is what you get...and what you don't is better yet!"

"The reflection of perfection, the number one selection!"

"I eat T-bone steaks, lift barbell plates, and sweeter than a German chocolate cake!"
"The tower of power. Too sweet to be sour!" Love the Superstar.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

...as the crowd piles into the Forum.

kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Cool sister:

Ace The Plumber
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Ace The Plumber »

I'm watching clips of def leppard performing now, and it's looking full in there
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

I just got back to my hotel after the show. Great show in a storied venue. Def Leppard cut their set short by one song. Kiss played the same set as the previous two shows. I'd put attendance at 90%.
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

destroyerrnro wrote:I just got back to my hotel after the show. Great show in a storied venue. Def Leppard cut their set short by one song. Kiss played the same set as the previous two shows. I'd put attendance at 90%.
I'm glad Def Leppard were nice enough to make sure KISS got to play their full set. 8)
chrisepting
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chrisepting »

Just a few minutes before the show- a new belt gets run in to Paul... blurry cuz i was rushing to my seat to catch the intro...

great show tonight. CC DeVille, Robert DeLeo in the house- some others, too, I believe. Good crowd, Def was great and solid as ever- this is a good bill- every note is fun.
10441336_10204072606874626_2231674138630159901_n.jpg
chrisepting
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chrisepting »

driving to the forum today - this is two blocks away
photo copy 6.JPG
NowhereToRun
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by NowhereToRun »

My guess would be 11-12,000 wth the latter a very generous estimate.

Both bands were pretty good. I don't think I would want to see either band play more than 75 minutes at this point.

Really liked the way the KISS stage show looked this time, when several past tours it looked kinda cheap.

More later maybe, it's past my bedtime.
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

Had a great time at the Irvine and Forum shows. Here's my Forum review:
https://www.kissfaq.com/forum24/viewtopi ... 1&t=100733
Slick2007
Banned

Post by Slick2007 »

balletje gehakt??
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

badCross
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by badCross »

I was able to buy 2 2nd row seats on Thursday for $118.00 each. Got a $25.00 refund for joining some travel club. (Cancelled it the next day) Sold each ticket for $200.00. Then bought 5 of the $20.00 4th of july seats. Took my Daughter her Boyfriend and on of add friend, my girld friend, and still had $80 left over.

Show was great.
chrisepting
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chrisepting »

Sometimes I'm not sure if I stumbled onto the StubHub site with the amount of ticket chatter - but whatever.

some thoughts on the show last night-

i have the privilege of knowing guys in both of these epic bands - they may make it look easy each night, but it is a ton of work. I thought Def was just incredible last night- they have a bandmate that is quite ill- he soldiered on while the other guys worked overtime cover the stage and play extra guitar parts - it was an act of love in many ways and a highly impressive one. Def is working class, down to earth and unaffected as Joe illustrated by talking about the troops, about Viv and about how it made them feel when brian may joined them at the forum in 83. and and they play their asses off and you know each note. and that mini Beth homage they do is classy and fun.

kiss put on the sort of jaw dropping spectacle that will make first timers never forget (my first time was '77 - MSG - and i remember every minute of it) i love this band, i respect this band and i appreciate this band. however, i DO wish Paul would drop the character pretense during his raps and get off the script a bit- we get it - and no mention of the military? just from Def? On this tour? Come on. And he doesn't have to play the game of having a crowd "beg" him to fly - we're all adults now- just do it- have fun- we know it's coming. its why we are there and why we bring our kids. (my son, 20, photographed it last night from the pit- after the show - "Dad, greatest band in history" - he ADORES Kiss. Always has.) The show is wonderful, good set list, and they guys get it done. But take a cue from Def- be more real. Inject some empathy. There are not many tours like this left for Kiss. We feel the music, the staging and the fire - let us feel what you are really like up there. Stop asking "how we're doing." We're great. We're at a frickin Kiss show. A little less canned talk would go a long way.

All that said, an amazing night from two bands that are "of the people." Two band that truly appreciate their fans.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Cool seeing clips of KISS at The Forum. Nice clip of Black Diamond.
cbv20
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by cbv20 »

chrisepting wrote:Sometimes I'm not sure if I stumbled onto the StubHub site with the amount of ticket chatter - but whatever.

some thoughts on the show last night-

i have the privilege of knowing guys in both of these epic bands - they may make it look easy each night, but it is a ton of work. I thought Def was just incredible last night- they have a bandmate that is quite ill- he soldiered on while the other guys worked overtime cover the stage and play extra guitar parts - it was an act of love in many ways and a highly impressive one. Def is working class, down to earth and unaffected as Joe illustrated by talking about the troops, about Viv and about how it made them feel when brian may joined them at the forum in 83. and and they play their asses off and you know each note. and that mini Beth homage they do is classy and fun.

kiss put on the sort of jaw dropping spectacle that will make first timers never forget (my first time was '77 - MSG - and i remember every minute of it) i love this band, i respect this band and i appreciate this band. however, i DO wish Paul would drop the character pretense during his raps and get off the script a bit- we get it - and no mention of the military? just from Def? On this tour? Come on. And he doesn't have to play the game of having a crowd "beg" him to fly - we're all adults now- just do it- have fun- we know it's coming. its why we are there and why we bring our kids. (my son, 20, photographed it last night from the pit- after the show - "Dad, greatest band in history" - he ADORES Kiss. Always has.) The show is wonderful, good set list, and they guys get it done. But take a cue from Def- be more real. Inject some empathy. There are not many tours like this left for Kiss. We feel the music, the staging and the fire - let us feel what you are really like up there. Stop asking "how we're doing." We're great. We're at a frickin Kiss show. A little less canned talk would go a long way.

All that said, an amazing night from two bands that are "of the people." Two band that truly appreciate their fans.
The same way I felt about the Chula Vista show.

Viv Campbell is a warrior, he played a great show on sunday and his guitar was LOUD. Def Leppard was great. I love KISS but yes, many things just seem old and expected, there's no surprising factor anymore, what I did like was watching parents taking their kids and how excited they were during the KISS set, it reminded me of my first concert, the look on their faces, all the jumping and clapping it was just pricesless.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Smekaren
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Smekaren »

kissthat wrote:Image
Great pic. Thanks! The place looks packed from that shot. 8)
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

Just doesn't seem like there is any interest in a KISS tour. I am sure they must've been offering free hot dogs or something for all of those people to show..... :D
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Just_Lee wrote:
Just doesn't seem like there is any interest in a KISS tour. I am sure they must've been offering free hot dogs or something for all of those people to show..... :D
A lot of people , maybe. Yeah, but did you hear? They were bored--just sat there, unamused, regretting their ticket purchase. :P
chrisepting
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chrisepting »

tour does not FEEL like a 40th anniv. to me. Thought they might structure their history/stories in a compelling way
brovarnmm
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by brovarnmm »

Admin wrote:Inglewood (Los Angeles), CA
The Forum
HERE

The House That KISS Built
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

chrisepting wrote:tour does not FEEL like a 40th anniv. to me. Thought they might structure their history/stories in a compelling way
What is it SUPPOSED to feel like? What show did you attend?

https://twitter.com/PaulStanleyLive/sta ... 08/photo/1
Kee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kee »

kissjrj wrote:
chrisepting wrote:tour does not FEEL like a 40th anniv. to me. Thought they might structure their history/stories in a compelling way

Sorry to chime in, but in my mind a 40th anniversary tour should A) not be a co-headlining tour, since it kinda diminishes the impact of it all and makes it less special and B) showcase a longer set with a clear focus on telling the tale of all those 40 years. Maybe also have a custom stage. Not one that's been previously used.

Btw, I think Paul sounded a bit stronger in L.A. 8)
KF73

Post by KF73 »

brovarnmm wrote:
Admin wrote:Inglewood (Los Angeles), CA
The Forum
HERE

The House That KISS Built
I love Kiss... but the Forum is the house that Zeppelin built!
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Kee wrote:
kissjrj wrote:

Sorry to chime in, but in my mind a 40th anniversary tour should A) not be a co-headlining tour, since it kinda diminishes the impact of it all and makes it less special and B) showcase a longer set with a clear focus on telling the tale of all those 40 years. Maybe also have a custom stage. Not one that's been previously used.

Previously used? For how many US tours has this stage been used now?
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Smekaren wrote:
Kee wrote:
kissjrj wrote:

4-5 shows in the US previously to this tour. Isn't it right in saying that Toronto is the only town/City to see this stage twice ?
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

kissthat wrote:
Smekaren wrote:
Kee wrote:
kissjrj wrote:

4-5 shows in the US previously to this tour. Isn't it right in saying that Toronto is the only town/City to see this stage twice ?
Sounds about right. It's old news now. :wink:
Kee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kee »

Smekaren wrote:Previously used? For how many US tours has this stage been used now?

I meant not previously used whatsoever, no matter the country. In my mind a 40th anniversary tour should be about ALL NEW and BIG, in every possible way.
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Kee wrote:
Smekaren wrote:Previously used? For how many US tours has this stage been used now?

I meant not previously used whatsoever, no matter the country. In my mind a 40th anniversary tour should be about ALL NEW and BIG, in every possible way.
It's a nice fantasy. There's also money involved.

By the way, I consider the current stage "new" and it blows their recent stages away.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

They should be like Iron Maiden, and just dress a mascot up differently each tour, while basically using the same stage.

"Whoa! Last tour Eddie was a mummy.This tour he is a space alien! Up the irons!!"
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Crown Royal wrote:They should be like Iron Maiden, and just dress a mascot up differently each tour, while basically using the same stage.

"Whoa! Last tour Eddie was a mummy.This tour he is a space alien! Up the irons!!"
I love Maiden, but you're right, it's same exact stage every time with different curtains(hangings) on everything.
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Crown Royal wrote:They should be like Iron Maiden, and just dress a mascot up differently each tour, while basically using the same stage.

I saw Iron Maiden two weeks ago. Underwhelming stage show, and only one person on stage (Bruce) that was even remotely interested in the performance.

Anthrax on the other hand, kicked ass! Great energy. 8)
Deleted User 6907

Kee wrote:
kissjrj wrote:

Yes but getting big crowds for the shows were more important than playing 2 hours on a non co-headlining tour.

Both bands will benefit long term by this tour doing really well....

fans are responding to the great show by both bands.... if Kiss had done the tour alone and got poorly attended shows i think it's all you would read about in the media.

So the Co-headlining Tour is good for everyone... especially Kiss on their 40th Anniv.
Kee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kee »

Isn't a 40th anniversay supposed to bring something extraordinary and special? Can someone tell me what's so special about this tour? NOT talking about the quality of their performance or if people are having a good time or not. But what actually separates this tour from any other tour and makes it clear that it's the celebratory 40th anniversary tour?
chrisepting
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chrisepting »

kissjrj wrote:

LA- i loved the show - i just think for something billed as a "40th" it may touch upon the bands history a bit more- at least through visuals/videos- Def did an outstanding job of doing that. this was just another strong Kiss show- with classics and "classic classics"
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Kee wrote:Isn't a 40th anniversay supposed to bring something extraordinary and special? Can someone tell me what's so special about this tour? NOT talking about the quality of their performance or if people are having a good time or not. But what actually separates this tour from any other tour and makes it clear that it's the celebratory 40th anniversary tour?
It would be nice having a tour like that. Without having to worry about money, profit, attendance and stuff like that. Bring it on I say!
BlairC42
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlairC42 »

kissthat wrote:
Smekaren wrote:
Kee wrote:
kissjrj wrote:

Aren't Toronto lucky or lucky for me! :lol: :D
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

Kee wrote:Isn't a 40th anniversay supposed to bring something extraordinary and special? Can someone tell me what's so special about this tour? NOT talking about the quality of their performance or if people are having a good time or not. But what actually separates this tour from any other tour and makes it clear that it's the celebratory 40th anniversary tour?
10, 20, 30, 40. They've had so many anniversaries now, who cares, at this point. It's one of the best stage shows ever. That's enough for me! Plus a great double bill with Def Lep to boot. Awesome! :D
Slick2007
Banned

Post by Slick2007 »

maak van uw scheet een donderslag!!!!(met een stukje kaas natuurlijk)
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

MrPaulStanley
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MrPaulStanley »

7th KISS show at this venue...excellent seats, packed arena, great energy, damn good performance. Enjoyed this show a little more than Irvine, prefer indoors to outdoors. Regarding those who elect not to attend any shows on this tour (whatever their reason may be), I respect their opinions, I'm just glad that I don't share them.

I had a great time and my only regret is that I didn't go to the Chula Vista show too.