Whee Wan

7/8/14 - Los Angeles, CA

Post by Julien »

Inglewood (Los Angeles), CA
The Forum
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard,
Reported audience: TBD / 17,505 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE
NowhereToRun
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: 7/8/14 - Los Angeles, CA

Post by NowhereToRun »

Ticket drop, 2nd row up at Ticketmaster right now, $118 (the new top price)
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by kissthat »

NowhereToRun wrote:Ticket drop, 2nd row up at Ticketmaster right now, $118 (the new top price)
YOU MUST MEAN 2ND SECTION ?The only 2nd row seats available right now are resales @ $376.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/kiss-and-de ... 6EE91EC3FA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NowhereToRun
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by NowhereToRun »

kissthat wrote:
> [quote="NowhereToRun"]Ticket drop, 2nd row up at Ticketmaster right now, $118 (the
> new top price)[/quote]
> YOU MUST MEAN 2ND SECTION ?The only 2nd row seats available right now are resales
> @ $376.
>
> http://www.ticketmaster.com/kiss-and-de ... 6EE91EC3FA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are currently 2 2nd rows on the far far right but last night there were both 1st and 2 rows available at various times.
Mr. Dick Tripper
Banned
Banned

Post by Mr. Dick Tripper »

NowhereToRun wrote:kissthat wrote:
>
NowhereToRun wrote:Ticket drop, 2nd row up at Ticketmaster right now, $118 (the
> new top price)
> YOU MUST MEAN 2ND SECTION ?The only 2nd row seats available right now are resales
> @ $376.
>
> http://www.ticketmaster.com/kiss-and-de ... 6EE91EC3FA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are currently 2 2nd rows on the far far right but last night there were both 1st and 2 rows available at various times.
Very much toying with the idea of going to this show!!!

I haven't seen the current lineup live yet. This might be the time to do it!!!
NowhereToRun
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by NowhereToRun »

Upper deck $20 on TM
cobohall76
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by cobohall76 »

I got section 229, row 4 from Goldstar for $52.
HeatherK77
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by HeatherK77 »

So, is two days before the show the average for ticket drops? Or does it depend what city/ venue?
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

HeatherK77 wrote:So, is two days before the show the average for ticket drops? Or does it depend what city/ venue?
It's been dropped.
thenuke1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by thenuke1 »

Tommy Side floor near middle 118 =D

saw them in Irvine... great show Pauls voice was great
Jendellian_Rock_Soldier
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Jendellian_Rock_Soldier »

Can't wait. Front row center with meet and greet.
BlairC42
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlairC42 »

I see there's lots of tickets left for this show!
Deleted User 6907

Post by Deleted User 6907 »

available tickets as of today (Monday)

Selling pretty good, plus add the walk ups i think it will be a solid show numbers wise. Sell Out? probably not but ya never know... the 1st 8 shows have been solid overall... the bands and management must be pleased.

(Blue Dots = Available Tickets)
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Evo999 »

BlairC42 wrote:I see there's lots of tickets left for this show!
You consider that a lot of tickets. The things looks like it's already 80% plus sold out?
Wildwood75
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Wildwood75 »

Evo999 wrote:
You consider that a lot of tickets. The things looks like it's already 80% plus sold out?

That's quite a bit of tickets left for the floor and certian sections. And this is Los Angeles. By the look of the "blue dots," sales have picked up but it's not as impressive as I

thought LA would be at this point. Which is most likely why tix sales have dropped in price.
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

Mr. Dick Tripper wrote:
>
> new top price)
> @ $376.
>

You may get a good seat at a good price if you're planning a walk-up.
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

Wildwood75 wrote:
Mr. Dick Tripper wrote:
>
> new top price)
> @ $376.
>

Do arenas have huge walk ups like sheds ? I ask because I don't know. As of this morning, the Forum seems to have BUMPED prices the day of show, with seats that could have been gotten for $20 last week going for $76.00 and $53.00(at the time of this post)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/kiss-and-de ... 6EE91EC3FA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

As of 10:08 Eastern time there are 483 Upper bowl, 292 Lower bowl, and 387 Floor seats still available...for a total of 1,162 seats left for The Forum show tonight. You should expect that number to be even lower when you read this because tickets were being gobbled up by the moment as I was counting heads.

I can't believe that yesterday and even this morning there were negative comments about the sales of a show that is assuredly headed for a sellout. Maybe the battle cry for this one should be..."Yeah it's sold out but a REAL BAND would've done it weeks ago!!!"

I'm speechless.
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

nibbler1982 wrote:As of 10:08 Eastern time there are 483 Upper bowl, 292 Lower bowl, and 387 Floor seats still available...for a total of 1,162 seats left for The Forum show tonight. You should expect that number to be even lower when you read this because tickets were being gobbled up by the moment as I was counting heads.

I can't believe that yesterday and even this morning there were negative comments about the sales of a show that is assuredly headed for a sellout. Maybe the battle cry for this one should be..."Yeah it's sold out but a REAL BAND would've done it weeks ago!!!"

I'm speechless.
Funny I just had counted and got 1,100. Don't forget the cheap seats went up this morning(last week's $20 tickets are now $76 and $53 :lol: ) , though I would expect a price drop to unload these last 600 to a thousand tickets once it's 10 AM on the West Coast.
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

kissthat wrote:
Wildwood75 wrote:
Mr. Dick Tripper wrote:
>
> new top price)
> @ $376.
>

Do arenas have huge walk ups like sheds ? I ask because I don't know. As of this morning, the Forum seems to have BUMPED prices the day of show, with seats that could have been gotten for $20 last week going for $76.00 and $53.00(at the time of this post)

Since I've been going to shed shows for a decade and an occassional arena show, I've seen more "walk-ups" at the shed shows only because they're the shows I usually go to.

But according to some of the posts, the Forum is selling well, so it's hard to say for this show. If you go and to all, have a great show tonight!
Last edited by Wildwood75 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

^^THANKS WW, I know sheds depend on the weather , which will lead to even Lawn ticket purchasers waiting until closer to show day, sheds depend on huge walk ups and good weather. I just didn't know if in this day and age if arenas had huge walk ups.

Yes ,with about 800 tickets left just before offices open on the West Coast,it looks as if the Forum attendees will be Pooring Some Sugar on their Love Guns in a near sold out show tonight.
BlairC42
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlairC42 »

Wildwood75 wrote:
Evo999 wrote:

That's quite a bit of tickets left for the floor and certian sections. And this is Los Angeles. By the look of the "blue dots," sales have picked up but it's not as impressive as I

thought LA would be at this point. Which is most likely why tix sales have dropped in price.
Still lot of Floor seats left as of right now and some in the 200 & 300 levels I say it's 60% sold, don't think it will be a sell-out tonight!
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

BlairC42 wrote:
Wildwood75 wrote:
Evo999 wrote:

Still lot of Floor seats left as of right now and some in the 200 & 300 levels I say it's 60% sold, don't think it will be a sell-out tonight!
We must be looking at a different map! :)
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

BlairC42 wrote:
Wildwood75 wrote:
Evo999 wrote:

800 seats left in arena that seats 14,000 for end stage concerts .
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

kissthat wrote:
BlairC42 wrote:
Wildwood75 wrote:
Evo999 wrote:

800 seats left in arena that seats 14,000 for end stage concerts .
I'm not very good at math, so bear with me...

14,000 - 800 = 13,200 tickets sold so far, with 14,000 being capacity.

So, 13,200 is 40% of 14,000, right?
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

Crown Royal wrote: I'm not very good at math, so bear with me...

14,000 - 800 = 13,200 tickets sold so far, with 14,000 being capacity.

So, 13,200 is 40% of 14,000, right?
Well,,,,,,,,, it could be closer to 13,500, could be 14,500. Gotta say I'm shocked though, I figured once the offices at the Forum opened this morning these final 800 tickets would have been slashed in half.
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

kissthat wrote:
Wildwood75 wrote:
Mr. Dick Tripper wrote:
>
> new top price)
> @ $376.
>

Arena concert's don't get anywhere near the same walk ups sales as the amphitheaters especially on a summer night. "Sheds kind of have there own following", a great last minute thing to do at the last minute especially for the ones in centralized locations. They draw all the small towns without having to travel to the city.

The problem with studying those maps is they will never give you any kind of accurate attendance figure because you have no idea whether they are even selling all available tickets especially when any show sells slow. You can't just assume every seat is for sale, that's not how it works.

I'm sure they'll do what they have to get bodies in there especially being The Forum.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

BlairC42 wrote:
Wildwood75 wrote:
Evo999 wrote:

I say this with the utmost sincerity, it's is assuredly not a rhetorical question...

You ARE KIDDING when you say, "I say it's 60% sold"...right?
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

nibbler1982 wrote:
I say this with the utmost sincerity, it's is assuredly not a rhetorical question...

I'd say Blair's sincere , he's good egg, probably just took a guess, floor looks bigger just glancing at it,plus he wasn't as NERDY as you or I were, counting the seats. :lol:
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

BlairC42 wrote:
Wildwood75 wrote:
Evo999 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

If any one would be so kind to post a pic of the current Forum map so I can hold a mirror up to Sphinxie and have him face the insanity...it would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't take a snapshot to save my life.
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

kissthat wrote:

I'd bet Kiss will get a nice walk-up tonight. I think when people think it's "safe" to get tickets on a walk-up (like if they think there'll be enough tickets according to the ticketmaster map) they will, because the bullshit "venue fee" is usually always cheaper than the bullshit "ticketmaster fee."

I know if I was going to the Forum tonight, I would walk up (but not too close to showtime), and not buy online, just to save any cash I can.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Crown Royal wrote:Image
That's close my brother, thanks. If you can close up on it so it shows the actual seats it'd be perfect.
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Crown Royal wrote:Image
Thanks a ton my brother!
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

3:30 PM EST July 8,2014
Deleted User 6907

Damn we might see a sellout tonight.... awesome....
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

RockBrigade wrote:Damn we might see a sellout tonight.... awesome....
Something we both would agree on. :lol:
Deleted User 6907

kissthat wrote:
:)
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

RockBrigade wrote:
kissthat wrote:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nah...just breaking balls RB. :D
BlairC42
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlairC42 »

kissthat wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

I'd say Blair's sincere , he's good egg, probably just took a guess, floor looks bigger just glancing at it,plus he wasn't as NERDY as you or I were, counting the seats. :lol:

Now just looked at the Seating chart as of now and I can say (ABOUT) 80% sold not bad from when I looked this morning. :lol:

And yes I'm sincere and I'm a pretty good egg! :lol: It's all good KISS friends :thumleft:

Might just might be close to a sell-out tonight we shall see! :P
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

I just spoke to contact at The Forum and with hard numbers in front of him the show is 3/4 sold at this time with 1,000 seats unreleased.

Many bought the cheaper seats to this show so there are some great floor seats available and those seats could be released anytime.

It's still in up in the air, but the push is on to sell this show so keep an eye on ticket prices.

Rock On
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

anomoly2 wrote:I just spoke to contact at The Forum and with hard numbers in front of him the show is 3/4 sold at this time with 1,000 seats unreleased.

Many bought the cheaper seats to this show so there are some great floor seats available and those seats could be released anytime.

It's still in up in the air, but the push is on to sell this show so keep an eye on ticket prices.

Rock On
You got the inside stroke my brother! I know about the rows of seats held back and if/when stuff gets sold they release it as needed. But please explain to me how less than 1,000 showing translates to 75%?

You're the high chief my man!!! :D

Edit: Then again I'm using the standard 14,500 for an end stage configuration in an NHL/NBA arena. Is this place that much smaller those current models? The devil might be in the details.
Deleted User 6907

nibbler1982 wrote:
RockBrigade wrote:
kissthat wrote:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nah...just breaking balls RB. :D

The Ball busting is all in good fun... we're all passionate about the music ... nothing personal.... but damn we know how to press each others buttons :)

The Tour is doing really well how can we not be happy for the band and the fans?

Great to see those seats being filled up... :)
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

The remodeled forum looks damn nice

mrdeuce
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by mrdeuce »

Definitely looks nice. Would love to see KISS in an arena again. Finally got McCartney hitting some arenas this summer. Would love to see KISS inside, and not in a shed.
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
anomoly2 wrote:I just spoke to contact at The Forum and with hard numbers in front of him the show is 3/4 sold at this time with 1,000 seats unreleased.

Rock On
You got the inside stroke my brother! I know about the rows of seats held back and if/when stuff gets sold they release it as needed. But please explain to me how less than 1,000 showing translates to 75%?

Edit: Then again I'm using the standard 14,500 for an end stage configuration in an NHL/NBA arena. Is this place that much smaller those current models? The devil might be in the details.
Nib,
At the time I posted, 3/4 of all available tickets were sold and that was a few hours ago

I couldn't tell you with certainty exactly how many seats were put up but it sounded like they put up the whole arena. There are too many variables when trying to calculate "end staging" and production. That's where they maneuver the numbers later.

Promoter holding back 1,000 seats for a show like this is common especially considering this is their "home town show"not to mention being in L.A.)

I'm sure they will get the bodies in, the cheap seats moved but left plenty of floor seats. With Ticketmaster's closed being so close to showtime, I'm sure the box office will do good numbers in terms of walk up.

Everyone be safe and have a good show!
Rock On
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

anomoly2 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

Rock On

Nib,
At the time I posted, 3/4 of all available tickets were sold and that was a few hours ago

I couldn't tell you with certainty exactly how many seats were put up but it sounded like they put up the whole arena. There are too many variables when trying to calculate "end staging" and production. That's where they maneuver the numbers later.

Promoter holding back 1,000 seats for a show like this is common especially considering this is their "home town show"not to mention being in L.A.)

I'm sure they will get the bodies in, the cheap seats moved but left plenty of floor seats. With Ticketmaster's closed being so close to showtime, I'm sure the box office will do good numbers in terms of walk up.

Everyone be safe and have a good show!
Rock On
Thanks brother. I know I'm trying to count jellybeans in a jar but I really want to put forth my best effort when I can. Any help from an old pro like you can always help. If you get a final number eventually it would be greatly appreciated.

KISS Army forever
Deleted User 6907

Nibbler i bet you watched a lot of WWF Wrestling as a kid didn't you?

just wondering

;)