Whee Wan

7/3/14 - Wheatland, CA

Post by Julien »

Wheatland, CA
Sacramento Valley Amphitheater
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard,
Reported audience: TBD / 18,500 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE

Psycho Circus
Deuce
Shout It Out Loud
War Machine
Hotter Than Hell
Christine Sixteen
Lick It Up
I Love It Loud
Hide Your Heart
Cold Gin
Love Gun
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
Rock And Roll All Nite

Some other acts:
Oct 14, 2003 - Aerosmith/Kiss - 17,667 / 18,500 / $600,356
ColdGin86
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: 7/3/14 - Wheatland, CA

Post by ColdGin86 »

I Will Be There!!!
IJustWanna
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by IJustWanna »

Count me in!
G6O6A6T
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by G6O6A6T »

locked in!
pstanley73
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by pstanley73 »

I will be there
kevsdad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kevsdad »

I will be there
mefer
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by mefer »

I shall be there!
kevsdad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kevsdad »

What time is DL scheduled to be on stage?
IJustWanna
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by IJustWanna »

They've been coming on at 8
kevsdad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kevsdad »

Thanks
Deleted User 6907

Post by Deleted User 6907 »

We're Live Blogging the #DefLeppard show again @ http://www.RockBrigadeForum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as usual no Kiss Updates.

Hope everyone has a Great show :)
stevensime
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by stevensime »

RockBrigade wrote:We're Live Blogging the #DefLeppard show again @ http://www.RockBrigadeForum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as usual no Kiss Updates.

What is your point?
j_rod24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by j_rod24 »

stevensime wrote:
RockBrigade wrote:We're Live Blogging the #DefLeppard show again @ http://www.RockBrigadeForum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as usual no Kiss Updates.

What is your point?
to prove that Def Lep is better than KISS at life in general and this tour would be nothing without those English fellas.
Deleted User 6907

j_rod24 wrote:
stevensime wrote:

What is your point?
to prove that Def Lep is better than KISS at life in general and this tour would be nothing without those English fellas.

lol
j_rod24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by j_rod24 »

just sayin... that's the gist I get from reading most of the pissing matches you get into.
KISSman24
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by KISSman24 »

Show should be just about over. We just need a report if there were any changes tonight!
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

j_rod24 wrote:
stevensime wrote:

What is your point?
You're dead right...it'll look more like this.

Def Leppard, Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators
Meadowbrook Gilford, N.H.
July 15, 2013
$219,334
3,051 /8,500
1000000-2-1
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by 1000000-2-1 »

Setlist..........umm, anyone???

:shock:
IJustWanna
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by IJustWanna »

I posted a review but no 'Let Me Go...' Cold Gin was added instead.
KISSman24

Post by KISSman24 »

IJustWanna wrote:I posted a review but no 'Let Me Go...' Cold Gin was added instead.
It's not a major change, but it's a change nonetheless and that shows that they're still tinkering. 8)
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopi ... 1&t=100604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LetMeKnow
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LetMeKnow »

IJustWanna wrote:I posted a review but no 'Let Me Go...' Cold Gin was added instead.

cool thx
chrismedek1
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by chrismedek1 »

I had really great time at the show.KISS was really tight with a strong set.No drum solo or guitar solo.I was impressed with both Def Leppard and Kobra & the Lotus both performed really well.I saw Leppard at Cal expo many years ago ,they had severe sound issues on that tour.This show Leppard was great but we had to miss a chunk so that we could get a picture with KISS.Gene's flaming sword fell out when he slammed it into the block after breathing fire.Gene did his bass solo blood flew before "I Love It Loud". Paul swung out to the audience for "Love Gun" and remained for the "Black Diamond"intro. I've seen KISS since 1977 this was one of the very best shows I've seen. To the short jerk who offered my minor son weed be thankful I only yelled at you , some people don't want drugs don't give them to kids if you don't want to be arrested.
Last edited by chrismedek1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevsdad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kevsdad »

Great show.
Paul sounded good. In fact I heard people around me say he sound the same as he did during the reunion tour. Now, I don't think he was nearly that good, but it shows you that live his issues aren't as noticeable.
To me it looked like the lower pavilion was full, the upper pavilion where I was was about 75% and the lawn look packed.
Def Leppard was great and the crown loved them, this was defiantly a KISS crowd.
On.y disappointment was the lack of movement or action by the spider. I was really wanting to see what it would do love.

Overall, my 16th KISS concet was outstanding.
The Soz2

Post by The Soz2 »

First off, I am a huge KISS fan. My first KISS concert was in 1977 at the Cow Palace in SF. Love Gun Tour. Cheap Trick opened for KISS. The '77 show was an incredible concert! Vintage KISS. Last night was my 16th live KISS concert. Shocked that they could only manage to play 14 songs. As someone else mentioned they did not have the 'spider' active for this show, no movement as in previous shows on the tour. I expected much more for a KISS 40th anniversary tour. You would think for the KISS 40 year anniversary tour they wouldn't even need opening bands. Two sets of KISS with an intermission and KISS covering the full forty years of their music would have been a memorable tour. If Rush can do it for their fans then KISS should for theirs. I sat center stage second row for the 'Alive 35' tour at Arco Arena. That show totally blew away this show. More energy, more songs. The Wheatland show had it's moments. Deuce, Black Diamond, Shout it out Loud, Hotter Than Hell, War Machine were played well. They also did Cold Gin which wasn't previously played on this tour. I sat second row for this show. You could tell that this was a back to back concert night for the band. Paul's voice was shot by the time they got to Detroit Rock City. I had my concerns about this show knowing that KISS was playing the night before in Concord. It's apparent that it isn't about the fans as much as it is about making the $. Overall, it was still a KISS concert and had a good time. Rating: two out of five stars.
Deleted User 6907

lmao nibbler you're a one trick pony.... post all the numbers you want.... def leppard is stealing every show and doing it with songs not a circus act.

it's a shame that on their 40th Anniv they needed a big band like def leppard to come in and sell tickets for them.... you're welcome ;)
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

RockBrigade wrote:lmao nibbler you're a one trick pony.... post all the numbers you want.... def leppard is stealing every show and doing it with songs not a circus act.

it's a shame that on their 40th Anniv they needed a big band like def leppard to come in and sell tickets for them.... you're welcome ;)
Read the reviews :lol: KISS needed a band to come on board to sell tickets, Def Lep have been reduced to a band that's put on other band's tours to help sell tickets for half the money. Not top dog anymore. :lol:
TheSphinx
Banned
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/04/653359 ... _rss=Music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KISS cranks it up with pyrotechnics
By Chris Macias
cmacias@sacbee.com
Published: Friday, Jul. 4, 2014 - 6:05 am

The Sacramento area got an early taste of Independence Day on Thursday night at the Sleep Train Amphitheatre near Marysville, where KISS cranked through tunes from its 40-year career and detonated enough pyrotechnic booms to rival the fireworks following a Sacramento River Cats game.

Sparks poured down on the stage, and exploding flash pots rattled eardrums during the final chords of “Rock and Roll All Nite.” Smoke bombs, fire — and a bit of fire-breathing as well from Gene Simmons — are, after all, just as important to the KISS concert experience as Les Paul guitars and bass solos that double as an excuse to spit stage blood.

But this kind of bombastic concert experience, coupled with tunes that are tailor-made for throaty sing-a-longs and en masse fist-pumping, have made KISS one of rock ’n’ roll’s most successful bands. This year finds the group celebrating the 40th anniversary of its self-titled debut, plus an April induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Band co-founder Paul Stanley, 62, has described its current tour as a victory lap after four decades in rock ’n’ roll. But its set on Thursday night was closer to a 100-yard dash.

KISS whipped through 14 songs, plus that blood gurgling bass solo from Simmons, in 75 minutes. That was nearly identical to the set length of co-headliner Def Leppard, and about eight songs shorter than a typical show on KISS’ “Alive 35” tour in 2009.

This 40-year anniversary would’ve been a perfect time to mine the deeper cuts and less-played tunes from the band’s catalog, which numbers more than two dozen albums. While Thursday’s set included the rarely played “Hide Your Heart,” the bulk of the repertoire consisted of KISS standards (“Love Gun,” “Black Diamond,” “Deuce”).

That’s not to say KISS was phoning it in from the stage. Foot-stomper songs like “Cold Gin” and “Shout It Out Loud” were played with plenty of punch, and still registered as fun for anyone who likes their rock ‘n’ roll with a taste of stage make-up and moon boots. Original members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss might be long gone from the band, but guitarist Tommy Thayer and drummer Eric Singer do an admirable job of keeping the vigor in KISS’ music and face-painted personas.

So, KISS deferred the chance for more extensive set time to have Def Leppard on the bill, which attracted more than 12,000 concertgoers on Thursday. Def Leppard was one of the biggest rock bands of the 1980s, via the multi-platinum albums “Pyromania” and “Hysteria,” and coupled with KISS made for a double whammy of arena rock.

You could practically smell the Aqua Net in the air as the big-haired days of 1980s’ rock flashed back during such tracks as “Pour Some Sugar on Me” and “Armageddon It.” These Def Leppard tunes and their mix of ear-friendly melodies with overdriven guitars still worked their magic with the crowd.

Unlike its elaborate in-the-round stage from the “Hysteria” days, Def Leppard was sans catwalks and pyrotechnics on Thursday, and had to stick to the front of the stage to allow room for Singer’s drum kit and other elements of KISS’ set design.

That’s to say, it was KISS’ night — and its stage. And by the end of the night, that stage had endured smoke, fire, fireworks and Stanley smashing his guitar during the finale of “Rock and Roll All Nite.” Fourth of July weekend had certainly kicked off with a bang.
Deleted User 6907

yes we all know how much weight those reviews carry in the community.... good one day bad the other.... great if they fit your agenda.... go see a show and you will see whats up and watch people leave after the def leppard set... ;)
Deleted User 6907

kissthat wrote:
RockBrigade wrote:lmao nibbler you're a one trick pony.... post all the numbers you want.... def leppard is stealing every show and doing it with songs not a circus act.

Read the reviews :lol: KISS needed a band to come on board to sell tickets, Def Lep have been reduced to a band that's put on other band's tours to help sell tickets for half the money. Not top dog anymore. :lol:
lmao getting paid the same, playing the same amount of time.... yet kiss has to bring the circus along to distract you from the fact Paul can't sing a note anymore.... def leppard shows up...kicks ass and leaves... fans satisfied... bring on the circus....
KIDGEO3
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KIDGEO3 »

RockBrigade wrote:yes we all know how much weight those reviews carry in the community.... good one day bad the other.... great if they fit your agenda.... go see a show and you will see whats up and watch people leave after the def leppard set... ;)
Please go post on the Def Leppard site.....no one cares
cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 »

RockBrigade wrote:yes we all know how much weight those reviews carry in the community.... good one day bad the other.... great if they fit your agenda.... go see a show and you will see whats up and watch people leave after the def leppard set... ;)
We get it. You love Kiss' current opening act who start their show in the daylight. That's fine. Personally I am not a fan but to each their own.