7/2/14 - Concord, CA

Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: 7/2/14 - Concord, CA

Post by Evo999 »

gshaller wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Kee wrote:What happened with the guitars during the intro?

I don't know why Singer didn't play at the very beginning of the song:

OMG the guitars were bad. It sounds like it was a clean pre-feed as opposed to the overdriven channel. Not sure how the guitars/racks are set up. Lol. Then it all cleans up
soon as the vocal start. Technical glitch for sure.
There were problems with the sound for the first few songs.
On the other hand, Paul sounds much better. Hope you had a great time. Can't wait to see them in Toronto on Aug 12.
KF73
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KF73 »

I finally decided to go see this show in Tampa after swearing I would not go. The main reason? I love KOTNTW and especially as the opener. I kept seeing those vids of it and was pumped for it. If it appears to stay like this I may not be going again. Happy they added HTH back in the set, but to remove KOTNTW altogether... That's bullsh**!!!! Get rid of Psycho Circus.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

KF73 wrote:I finally decided to go see this show in Tampa after swearing I would not go. The main reason? I love KOTNTW and especially as the opener. I kept seeing those vids of it and was pumped for it. If it appears to stay like this I may not be going again. Happy they added HTH back in the set, but to remove KOTNTW altogether... That's bullsh**!!!! Get rid of Psycho Circus.
It will probably come back in...they are just mixing things up...which is pretty cool...I like not knowing what they are going to play!
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

I don't know what people are comparing to but Paul hardly sounds "great". As usual, his phrasing betrays he's trying to sort of cauge on the fly if he can manage a note and, when necessary, substituting singing by shouting. Luckily no apparent squeaking and croaking this time around but the voice is definitely breaking all the time. Yes, I know his voice has taken a lot of abuse and he's old, but still. :cry:
Red Walrus

Post by Red Walrus »

I bet Tommy and Paul could feel the heat from that one. Impressive.
Attachments
fireball.png
Ace of Space
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Ace of Space »

Took my girlfriend to her first Kiss show in Concord last night. First time seeing Def Leppard, and they were awesome. We were sitting right next to the place where the soundboard was and where Paul's platform was when he flew out to sing Love Gun. Right in that same area we couldn't believe who we saw. Shannon, Sophie and Evan were there. We both got pictures of ourselves with Shannon. She was letting anyone who asked take their picture with her. Got one with myself and Shannon and the another one with my girlfriend and Shannon. What a night, and what a show.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

To anyone that went. Could you hazard a guess to how full the pavilion and lawn were as far as percentage wise?
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

Evo999 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Kee wrote:What happened with the guitars during the intro?

I don't know why Singer didn't play at the very beginning of the song:

OMG the guitars were bad. It sounds like it was a clean pre-feed as opposed to the overdriven channel. Not sure how the guitars/racks are set up. Lol. Then it all cleans up
soon as the vocal start. Technical glitch for sure.
There were problems with the sound for the first few songs.
On the other hand, Paul sounds much better. Hope you had a great time. Can't wait to see them in Toronto on Aug 12.
I had a blast! Have fun!
50poundnote
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by 50poundnote »

nibbler1982 wrote:To anyone that went. Could you hazard a guess to how full the pavilion and lawn were as far as percentage wise?
The pavilion was less than 3/4 full. During Psycho Circus we were easily able to move a whole section down and over closer to the center. Ended up in seats that probably would have cost double what we paid.

Def Leppard was fantastic live, and even thought Paul's voice was rough and there were a few minor technical issues like absent distortion on the guitars right at the start of Psycho Circus, I still had a big stupid grin on my face the whole time. My husband did too - he was really impressed.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

50poundnote wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:To anyone that went. Could you hazard a guess to how full the pavilion and lawn were as far as percentage wise?
The pavilion was less than 3/4 full. During Psycho Circus we were easily able to move a whole section down and over closer to the center. Ended up in seats that probably would have cost double what we paid.

Def Leppard was fantastic live, and even thought Paul's voice was rough and there were a few minor technical issues like absent distortion on the guitars right at the start of Psycho Circus, I still had a big stupid grin on my face the whole time. My husband did too - he was really impressed.
Thanks. That's the first bit of info I can find as far as attendance. Still combing the internet though, not much luck.
jc4411
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jc4411 »

Admin wrote:280 road closure is going to be fun...
Traffic was shit..
jc4411
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jc4411 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
50poundnote wrote:

Thanks. That's the first bit of info I can find as far as attendance. Still combing the internet though, not much luck.
I was sitting on the handicap platform next to Paul's landing pad. Whenever I looked back it looked pretty full. As for what was ahead of me, it also looked pretty full. Tough to tell with everyone standing up and moving around. However, I was happy to be above everyone else and could see the band perfectly. Shannon and Sophie were sitting right below us and off to the side.
jc4411
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jc4411 »

Here are the videos I took from the handicap platform right next to Paul's platform. Enjoy!!