SaintN'Sinner83
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: 6/29/14 - Auburn, WA

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

ò¢† ǪÑÑÎߪ£ ãÐR wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
RisingForce wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote: I stand by my statement. I just mirrored the respect given to me while still remaining an adult about the situation.

I was just pointing out that people can get awfully brave speaking from one end of a keyboard. It's a safe bet he wouldn't be full of such bravado if we were speaking face to face.
OK. I was actually talking about your original statement (where you incorrectly tried to tell other people what the weather is like where they actually live) that brought upon his response. I probably didn't make that clear the way it was quoted. In reality, he mirrored the lack of respect you originally showed with your comments.

I think if when a box score shows your numbers to be inflated and were then told to "stick to your day job" in the manner you did here that you'd respond in a similar fashion.

All could try being more respectful.
Once again it just appears that you and I disagree. If you feel me challenging his meteorologist skills with my ensuing comment to "keep his day job" gives him Carte Blanche to call me a douche bag and to tell me to "stick your cell phone weather report up your ass"...well...I guess we should discuss what mirroring respect actually means.

It's ok for him to call you a douche bag though but it's so wrong for you to bring up a weather app. :lol:
Yeah, I usually don't have issues with Mods and how they handle things, but I'm with Nibbler and you on this...111976 was way out of line and took it too far and what Nibbler said shouldn't be even near equated to it.
Ikons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ikons »

So... setlist updates? There's nothing on setlist.fm
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 1111976 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
alexmai
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by alexmai »

Setlist (same as night 2):

1. King of the Nighttime World
2. Deuce
3. Psycho Circus
4. War Machine
5. Shout It Out Loud
6. Christine Sixteen
7. Lick It Up
8. I Love It Loud
9. Hide Your Heart
10. Let Me Go, Rock 'n Roll
11. Love Gun
12. Black Diamond
13. Detroit Rock City
14. Rock and Roll All Nite
Slick2007
Banned

Post by Slick2007 »

shake it up baby now!

you shake the setlist up all night long!
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

ò¢† ǪÑÑÎߪ£ ãÐR wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
RisingForce wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote: I stand by my statement. I just mirrored the respect given to me while still remaining an adult about the situation.

I was just pointing out that people can get awfully brave speaking from one end of a keyboard. It's a safe bet he wouldn't be full of such bravado if we were speaking face to face.
OK. I was actually talking about your original statement (where you incorrectly tried to tell other people what the weather is like where they actually live) that brought upon his response. I probably didn't make that clear the way it was quoted. In reality, he mirrored the lack of respect you originally showed with your comments.

I think if when a box score shows your numbers to be inflated and were then told to "stick to your day job" in the manner you did here that you'd respond in a similar fashion.

Once again it just appears that you and I disagree. If you feel me challenging his meteorologist skills with my ensuing comment to "keep his day job" gives him Carte Blanche to call me a douche bag and to tell me to "stick your cell phone weather report up your ass"...well...I guess we should discuss what mirroring respect actually means.

It's ok for him to call you a douche bag though but it's so wrong for you to bring up a weather app. :lol:
Alright? Gee, I guess that's why all involved were told to knock it off.

Just when I think you are totally clueless at least you are kind enough to speak and remove all doubt. Thank you.

Now, all can stick to the topic of the show.
rockerrr
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by rockerrr »

why is everyone so hot on how they fill a place? if they fill it or they dont they are still making major cash, the venue is making major cash on beers, pretzels and whatever else... who cares.. ?! every show so far has been a message board page on the seating charts and if they filled it.... guess what , at show time, take a picture... no matter where you are it will look filled and then you can post your 'doomed' bs
I'll tell you who cares, the promoter. He either wins or takes a bath depending on how many tickets are sold. Also, I care. I don't want to see one of my favorite bands of all time playing to half empty arenas and sheds. No, i don't check seating charts and make predictions like some do on here (and who the hell are you to slam them for it, it's their choice), but at the end of the day, I do care if they are doing well attendance wise. I think most die hards do.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:Image

8)
So far I can't find too much info about the show but according to the picture it does appear to be a fair amount of people under the blue skies amidst the sun drenched lawn. :D
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

RockBrigade wrote:
kissthat wrote: What'd the review say ? It wasn't Paul's voice that the reviewer was talking about my friend. :lol:

Yes because we all know that what a reviewer says is the gospel :) Vs hunting for a headline with a negative comment.

Joe Elliott is singing better now than he has in over a decade. He has complete control and the notes he can't hit he doesn't even try. Def Leppard are firing at 110% and you can see in the fact that the crowds are loving it and they don't have all of the bells and whistles to distract you from any flaws because there are none.
Bands that are paid less and going on first usually don't have all the bells and whistles :lol: . KISS had no problem with their fee in 03 bringing the whole show while with Aerosmith.
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

nibbler1982 wrote:
KISS Unmasked II wrote:Image

8)
people under the blue skies amidst the sun drenched lawn. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Thanks, Love Gun(fly out songs)always gives a good impression of the audience .

ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

RockBrigade wrote:
kissthat wrote: What'd the review say ? It wasn't Paul's voice that the reviewer was talking about my friend. :lol:

Yes because we all know that what a reviewer says is the gospel :) Vs hunting for a headline with a negative comment.

Joe Elliott is singing better now than he has in over a decade. He has complete control and the notes he can't hit he doesn't even try. Def Leppard are firing at 110% and you can see in the fact that the crowds are loving it and they don't have all of the bells and whistles to distract you from any flaws because there are none.
To be 100% fair, Paul is 8 years older than Joe. 8 years ago Paul was sounds great in the middle of his Live to Win tour. Better, in my opinion of course, than Joe Elliot has EVER sounded. I'm a huge fan of both bands (I've seen DL as many times as I've seen KISS) and am so pumped for this double bill, but let's be fair. Let's see how Joe sounds in 2022...
kissno1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissno1 »

kissthat wrote:
Thanks, Love Gun(fly out songs)always gives a good impression of the audience .

Yes by the look of this crowd, KISS is doomed!
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Attendance estimation anyone? 10K?
CominHome

Post by CominHome »

Rock Brigade stated....
" Def Leppard are firing at 110% and you can see in the fact that the crowds are loving it and they don't have all of the bells and whistles to distract you from any flaws because there are none."

Love it when observation and opinion is stated as fact. Way to go !
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Smekaren wrote:Attendance estimation anyone? 10K?
Very little to go on at the moment. If it stays that way I'm going with ~11,000.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

kissthat wrote:
Admin wrote:Auburn, WA
White River Amphitheater
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard,
Reported audience: TBD / 20,000 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE

Some other acts:
Sept 15, 2011 - Def Leppard - 7,801 / 19,433 / $400,142

Iron Maiden July 30,2012 - 9,102 / 19,058
iron maiden doomed
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

ferkberger747 wrote:
RockBrigade wrote:

To be 100% fair, Paul is 8 years older than Joe. 8 years ago Paul was sounds great in the middle of his Live to Win tour. Better, in my opinion of course, than Joe Elliot has EVER sounded. I'm a huge fan of both bands (I've seen DL as many times as I've seen KISS) and am so pumped for this double bill, but let's be fair. Let's see how Joe sounds in 2022...
When I saw DL 4-5 years ago when they had Cheap Trick and Poison supporting them, Joe Elliott sounded horrible. He sounded much worse and much weaker than Paul does now. If he is sounding better now, then I am happy for him. Maybe he can give Paul some advice on what he can do to improve his voice.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
ò¢† ǪÑÑÎߪ£ ãÐR wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
RisingForce wrote:

Yeah, I usually don't have issues with Mods and how they handle things, but I'm with Nibbler and you on this...111976 was way out of line and took it too far and what Nibbler said shouldn't be even near equated to it.
You know how their little gang likes to stick together.....
TRIOdevil
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TRIOdevil »

RisingForce wrote:
ò¢† ǪÑÑÎߪ£ ãÐR wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
RisingForce wrote:

Alright? Gee, I guess that's why all involved were told to knock it off.

Just when I think you are totally clueless at least you are kind enough to speak and remove all doubt. Thank you.

Now, all can stick to the topic of the show.
Here is a prime example, sir Moderator, of my criticism of you in said role. You've asked that folks stick to the topic at hand and be "more respectful," yet you as one who should lead by example resort to belittling language and contribute to thread derailments. Granted you receive you share of belittling remarks, but the manner in which you handle them is not becoming of one who should remain above the fray.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

TRIOdevil wrote: Here is a prime example, sir Moderator, of my criticism of you in said role. You've asked that folks stick to the topic at hand and be "more respectful," yet you as one who should lead by example resort to belittling language and contribute to thread derailments. Granted you receive you share of belittling remarks, but the manner in which you handle them is not becoming of one who should remain above the fray.
:lol:

So everyone else but me has carte blanche to say whatever they like.......but you will continue to only criticize me for responding in kind. I guess that makes sense to you. Boy what a perk. Really makes the position one to envy, doesn't it when you want me to not be allowed to respond to disrespectful comments. :roll:

Anyway..............let's keep your off-topic "criticisms" out of the show thread, alright? Auburn. Seems like it was a good show.
J-Lefty

Post by J-Lefty »

CominHome wrote:Rock Brigade stated....
" Def Leppard are firing at 110% and you can see in the fact that the crowds are loving it and they don't have all of the bells and whistles to distract you from any flaws because there are none."

Love it when observation and opinion is stated as fact. Way to go !
Joe Elliot is and has always been a terrible live singer.
Mr. Dick Tripper
Banned

Post by Mr. Dick Tripper »

RisingForce wrote:
TRIOdevil wrote: Here is a prime example, sir Moderator, of my criticism of you in said role. You've asked that folks stick to the topic at hand and be "more respectful," yet you as one who should lead by example resort to belittling language and contribute to thread derailments. Granted you receive you share of belittling remarks, but the manner in which you handle them is not becoming of one who should remain above the fray.
:lol:

So everyone else but me has carte blanche to say whatever they like.......but you will continue to only criticize me for responding in kind. I guess that makes sense to you. Boy what a perk. Really makes the position one to envy, doesn't it when you want me to not be allowed to respond to disrespectful comments. :roll:

Anyway..............let's keep your off-topic "criticisms" out of the show thread, alright? Auburn. Seems like it was a good show.
In defense of the moderator the Terms of Service does state:

"Posters are expected to show some common courtesy and respect towards others. It's only a message board, don't be thin-skinned. Ignore people who annoy you and enjoy life! Conversely, if you have nothing good to say and/or add to the community and/or are antagonistic or continuously argumentative then you'll be shown the door. You don't have to like everything KISS or its members have done. We don't care which era/member of KISS you prefer. The Moderators make a best effort to be fair and objective, though we are neither perfect or omnipresent, and have opinions of their own. Infractions are dealt with on a case by case basis."

I have seen Rising Force on a few occasions deviate from the "topic" to make off-topic criticisms of people on the board. We do all need to remember that per the Terms of Service, moderators are not perfect and have opinions on there own.

In defense of TRIOdevil:

Moderators SHOULD hold themselves to a higher standard and lead by example. People do not like hypocrisy and perceived abuse of power - not just in real like but also on message boards.

Anyway - Let's all shake hands, hug and make up. I wish I could have been at the Auburn show. I was planning on flying up from LA so I could take my 5 year old nephew. He is a brand new member of the KISS Army.

Long Live KISS!!!!!
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

http://www.auburn-reporter.com/entertai ... 21091.html

KISS, Def Leppard light up White River Amphitheatre

by SHAWN SKAGER, Auburn Reporter Sports Reporter
Jul 2, 2014 at 4:26PM

AS double-bills go, it doesn't get more heavyweight than last Sunday's KISS and Def Leppard show at the White River Amphitheatre.

Although Auburn was just the fourth stop on the multi-platinum selling tandem's 42-date Heroes Summer 2014 tour, both bands appeared to be in mid-tour form, firing on all cylinders.

After a thankfully-brief opening set by Canadian heavy metal band Kobra and the Lotus – noteworth only for a half-hearted sounding cover of Northwest legends Heart's "Barracuda" – Def Leppard took to the stage with the setting sun. The band began with a brief cover of The Who's "Baba O'Reilly" before screaming into "Let It Go," off the band's 1981 sophomore disc, "High 'n' Dry."

Although most of the band's set featured hits such as "Foolin'", "Pour Some Sugar On Me", "Rocket" and "Photograph" from 1983's "Pyromania" and 1987's "Hysteria" – which have both sold more than 10 million copies – the band placated old-school fans with three tunes off "High 'n' Dry."

In addition to the opening number, Def Leppard trundled out an acoustic version of the ballad "Bringin' On the Heartbreak" and the guitar showcase "Switch 625", late guitarist Steve Clark's – he died of an overdose in 1991 – signature tune.

Def Leppard finished up the set with an encore of "Rock of Ages" and "Photograph", the audience providing a vocal assist.

Following Def Leppard's set, KISS took to the stage, highlighting 40 years of tunes and stagecraft with enough pyro and explosions to make your average Fourth of July display seem tame.

The band ripped through classics such as "Deuce", "Shout It Out Loud", "Love Gun" and "Black Diamond", with their usual flair, puncuated by bassist Gene Simmons' fire-breathing and blood spitting and frontman Paul Stanley's flight above the audience.

The band wrapped up the show with a one-two punch of "Detroit Rock City" and "Rock and Roll All Nite", relieving the KISS Army of duty until next time.

SHAWN SKAGER, Auburn Reporter Sports Reporter
sskager@auburn-reporter.com or 253-833-0218, ext. 5054

Related Stories

British pop-metal stalwarts Def Leppard and Seattle's own Heart to play White River Amphitheatre Sept. 15
KISS, Mötley Crüe, The Treatment invade White River Amphitheatre | SLIDESHOW
AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

Beauvoir
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Beauvoir »

Here's clip of the band playing "Detroit Rock City".

Around 3:54 Paul hits such a bum note doing the twin lead guitar part with Tommy that even he has to laugh and Tommy mouths "wow" to the crowd!