Whee Wan

8/24/14 - Burgettstown, PA

Post by Julien »

Burgettstown, PA
First Niagara Pavilion
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard, Dead Daisies
Reported audience: TBD / 23,000 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: 8/24/14 - Burgettstown, PA

Post by Wicked_Chester »

One of my favorite venues to see an outdoor show in. I'll be at this one, 11th row center. Just snagged these seats a couple days ago. This is my second show of this tour (the other being Scranton, PA) and I sure as hell hope the venue is big enough to accommodate the whole stage. Only part of the spider was hung in Scranton and what was hung was barely used.
FracturedMirror78
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by FracturedMirror78 »

I'll be there too in section 7! There is a lot of tickets still available for the show. I've never been to the place before so I checked it out on Google maps and the parking situation looks horrendous! This will be my fourth time seeing the band and I'm REALLY excited to have a good time! :D
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

FracturedMirror78 wrote:I'll be there too in section 7! There is a lot of tickets still available for the show. I've never been to the place before so I checked it out on Google maps and the parking situation looks horrendous! This will be my fourth time seeing the band and I'm REALLY excited to have a good time! :D
There are a lot of tickets available. I think a lot of it has to do with Monday being the first day of school for the new year.

The parking may look daunting, but it's not really that bad to get in and out of. What's nice is the venue is right off of the major route and there's always at least 4 lanes going out. I've gotten out of the lot in less than 10 minutes before.

Enjoy the show!
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped »

One of my 1st cousins was at the show Sunday night, i had taken him to the 2 Reunion shows at the old Pittsburgh Civic Arena!

I don't know if he took his 6 year old son to the show yet.
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by kissthat »

OHKISSFAN
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

EXCELLENT Show!!

The place was PACKED! Def Leppard being the opener was a great choice - the crowd was into the show (better than Motley Crue last time)!

The Bell/Light is back when Gene spits blood -very cool!

The Spider Stage is AMAZING to see in person - was fully functional - Now that I've seen it in person, I can definitely say it's their best stage yet!
When Tommy & Paul were lifted up during lick It Up it was a sight to behold!

Another EXCELLENT show in the books for me.
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

This was the second show of the current tour that I attended, and it was light years better in every way than the first (Scranton). The sound, the show, everything. The best part was that the spider (Boris, is that right?) was fully functional here. Let me tell you, as others before have, that seeing the spider in action is quite the spectacle. Not sure what the final attendance was, but the empty back sections of the pavilion on Ticketmaster seemed to have filled up. It was a BIG crowd.

The Dead Daisies were great. I would encourage anyone on the fence about getting to the show early enough to see them, to do so. There's definitely talent there and they are quite fun to watch.

Def Leppard were incredible. Their sound was spectacular and the crowd was very much into them. I LOVE their entrance to the stage!

KISS were equally as amazing! This was my 82nd KISS show and it just never gets old. The spider really made the stage seem like a living, breathing part of the band. Pictures do it no justice. The set list was the same as it has been. Paul seemed to be having a lot of fun, smiling constantly. He also sounded really good, and at one point (don't remember which song, tho) it was like he flicked a switch and sounded like he did 20 years ago. Not a squeak, scratch or crack in his voice to be heard. Honestly, if he can maintain his voice at this level, I'd be a happy camper.

I added a couple pics I took with my phone. They aren't the greatest, but here they are:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

For anyone who attended this show: Was it Joe Elliott doing the KISS intro again? We didn't get the "Allllll right Pittsburgh!" first line, but just a "Pittsburgh PA!" in it's place. The voice resembled Joe, or maybe I'm just thinking it. Anyone have the scoop? Just curious to know...
kissno1
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kissno1 »

Thanks for the great reviews, good to see that everyone enjoyed the show! I know I am crossing my fingers they do tour Canada next year like Gene said.